HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Wrestling
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Wrestling Amateur, Pro, Mud, Jello, Real, Fake, and in between

Watch any classic wrestling (as in non-current) lately?

Old
07-18-2012, 06:54 PM
Habsfan18

vCash: 500
Going to pop in WCW Clash Of The Champions 17 tonight, after Big Brother.

World Heavyweight Championship: Lex Luger (C) vs Rick Steiner
U.S. Championship: Sting (C) vs Rick Rude
Light Heavyweight Championship: Brian Pillman (C) vs Johnny B. Badd
World Tag Team Championship: The Enforcers (C) vs Dustin Rhodes & Mystery Partner (Ricky Steamboat)
Cactus Jack vs Van Hammer
World Television Championship: Steve Austin (C) vs PN News
The Diamond Studd vs Tom Zenk
Bobby Eaton vs Firebreaker Chip
Thomas Rich vs Big Josh

07-18-2012, 08:14 PM
Behn Wilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post

World Tag Team Championship: The Enforcers (C) vs Dustin Rhodes & Mystery Partner (Ricky Steamboat)
Thomas Rich vs Big Josh
Van Hammer, Fireman Chip, & Big Josh

Behn Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 04:17 PM
M.C.G. 31
4/4 - CP31

vCash: 233
I got around to watching this after reading Chris Jericho's book again...

Two Man Power Trip vs. Chris Jericho & Chris Benoit - ****1/4

Well ****, this was an awesome tag team match on FREE TELEVISION back in 2001. Just an awesome match, from what happened inside the ring, to the crowd reaction, just all the factors made this an awesome match. It sucks that Triple H got injured and the original plan of Benoit/HHH and Jericho/Austin after this happened, but the tag team match was awesome and the fans really bought into Jericho and Benoit. Also, mad props to Triple H for tearing his quad and STILL taking a Walls of Jericho on the announce table and continuing the match until the end.

M.C.G. 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 12:58 AM
EpochLink
Canucks and Jets fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPrice 31 View Post
I got around to watching this after reading Chris Jericho's book again...

Two Man Power Trip vs. Chris Jericho & Chris Benoit - ****1/4

Well ****, this was an awesome tag team match on FREE TELEVISION back in 2001. Just an awesome match, from what happened inside the ring, to the crowd reaction, just all the factors made this an awesome match. It sucks that Triple H got injured and the original plan of Benoit/HHH and Jericho/Austin after this happened, but the tag team match was awesome and the fans really bought into Jericho and Benoit. Also, mad props to Triple H for tearing his quad and STILL taking a Walls of Jericho on the announce table and continuing the match until the end.
I remember this match fondly, one of the best matches I've seen on free TV since the big 10 man tag on Raw in February 2000 (DX, Radicals vs Rock, Cactus Jack, Too Cool)

EpochLink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 07:22 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post

Thomas Rich vs Big Josh
... why the hell was Rick Steiner in the main event, and getting a World Title shot?

Le Tricolore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 10:57 AM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
... why the hell was Rick Steiner in the main event, and getting a World Title shot?
Better question was why Lex Luger was the champ at the time? Luger was terrible.

pelts35.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 02:29 PM
Concordski
Knockoff Jets FTW

Quote:
Clash of the Champions was on Basic Cable, getting any title shot on there was a treat.

Concordski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 03:12 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
Steiner was one of the best workers in the world in 1991. If memory serves me Watts was running things then and Steiner had a legit back ground and was a bump machine.

He had more of a reason to be in the ME then Luger who, while a decent worker, was there only because he had a bit of a following. Rick Steiner in his prime was one damn great worker.

Martini* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 03:18 PM
Habsfan18

Decided to pick a random date and I'm going to watch some WWF and WCW from October 1999.

Don't feel like doing big write ups so it'll mostly be point form.

Tonight I plan on watching Nitro from the same night, and am going to continue alternating right through No Mercy on October 17th, and Halloween Havoc on the 24th. I'll likely watch the Smackdown's and Thunder's as well, so it'll take awhile..

Quote:
First up last night was the Raw episode from 10/04/99.

- New Age Outlaws vs The Acolytes vs Kane & X-Pac vs Hardcore & Crash Holly. Meh....

- British Bulldog promo in which he "apologized" for injuring Stephanie McMahon at Rebellion by saying that women have no place in the WWF. Chyna comes out and challenges him to a match later on tonight.

- Rock and Sock connection back stage segment.

- Segement with Test from a Connecticut hospital, where he revealed that Stephanie McMahon was suffering from post-concussion syndrome.

- Edge & Christian vs The New Brood (Jeff and Matt Hardy) in round 2 of the "Terri Runnels Invitational." Good match, as expected.

- Triple H segment in which he hypes the upcoming match with Steve Austin at No Mercy on October 17th. He ends up beating up good ol' JR.

- Jeff Jarrett & Ivory vs Mae Young & The Fabulous Moolah.

- Pretty funny in-ring segment with The Rock/Mankind/Chris Jericho. Jericho was always entertaining as hell on the mic. Especially back then.

- Dudley Boyz attack Mankind and Stevie Richards in the back.

- Chyna vs British Bulldog. Chyna is kicking Davey Boy's ass until Jarrett comes in and knocks her ass out with a coffee urn. Bulldog then power slams Chyna, hoping to get Triple H's attention for a title shot.

- Dudley Boyz vs Mankind and Stevie Richards.

- Vince McMahon/British Bulldog in-ring segment.

- The Rock vs Chris Jericho. McMahon/Bulldog get involved..

Last edited by Habsfan18: 08-08-2012 at 03:23 PM.
Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 08:09 PM
Habsfan18

Started the Nitro episode from 10/04/99

Quote:
- It's an emotional night as Nitro is live from Kansas City. The same arena in which Owen Hart tragically fell to his death months earlier.

- Opening match between Dean Malenko and Rey Mysterio (without the mask). Shane Douglas comes down to the ring and attacks Mysterio while Malenko was outside the ring. Here comes Perry Saturn for the save! Nope..swerve! Saturn attacks Mysterio and joins "The Revolution."

- Disco Inferno vs Psychosis (without the mask). Disco wins the Cruiserweight title.

- Kevin Nash and Scott Hall return, as they take their seats near ringside. Hall said that they will return to WCW when "it's fun again."

- Sid Vicious vs Brian Adams. Awful match. Rick Steiner gets involved and he and Sid double team Adams.

- Goldberg vs Jerry Flynn. Hugh Morrus and Brian Knobbs get involved but it doesn't really amount to anything.

- Harlem Heat interview. Stevie Ray calls Knobbs and Morrus "fruit booties" which leads to an attack.

- A segment featuring the ever so exciting "Nitro Girl Search."
I'll try to finish it tomorrow if I have the time. When I do, I'll add some notes.

Last edited by Habsfan18: 08-09-2012 at 03:46 PM.
Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 12:54 AM
Rizer

Mid 99 is when WCW totally tanked, and they knew within 6 months they would lose to WWF (at the time).

Although, quite of few of their 99 PPV's were actually really good. I still remember when they brought in a bunch of people from ECW and they had some awesome matches. Mikey Whipwreck vs. Kidman for the cruiserweight title from Uncensored 99 (the previous ppv iirc) was one of them.

Raven, Hack (Sandman) and Bigelow also had a 3 way feud based off of ECW that lasted a little bit that was also really good imo, but after that my memory fades and the company went downhill really fast.

And since people are posting vids, I will contribute and post the match in question (Whipwreck vs. Kidman)

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5q...4-3-99-p_sport

Sorry for the poor quality but it's the only one I could find. Part 2 is in the sidebar.

Last edited by Rizer: 08-11-2012 at 01:02 AM.
Rizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 01:01 AM
Concordski
Knockoff Jets FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizer View Post
Mid 99 is when WCW totally tanked, and they knew within 6 months they would lose to WWF (at the time).

Although, quite of few of their 99 PPV's were actually really good. I still remember when they brought in a bunch of people from ECW and they had some awesome matches. Mikey Whipwreck vs. Kidman for the cruiserweight title from Uncensored 99 (the previous ppv iirc) was one of them.

Raven, Hack (Sandman) and Bigelow also had a 3 way feud based off of ECW that lasted a little bit that was also really good imo, but after that my memory fades and the company went downhill really fast.
1999-2000 WCW was generally very bad, but some of it was so bad that it was good, Disco Inferno's gambling storyline comes to mind, the one where Tony Marinara sends him a dead fish...

Old
08-11-2012, 01:04 AM
Rizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielBryanRoleModel View Post
1999-2000 WCW was generally very bad, but some of it was so bad that it was good, Disco Inferno's gambling storyline comes to mind, the one where Tony Marinara sends him a dead fish...
Disco is hilarious and from all the shoots I've heard from the wrestlers he was a great guy behind the scenes. His storylines were totally hilarious as well.

Old
08-11-2012, 01:20 AM
Concordski
Knockoff Jets FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizer View Post
Disco is hilarious and from all the shoots I've heard from the wrestlers he was a great guy behind the scenes. His storylines were totally hilarious as well.
I've heard bad things about Glen Gilberti, Disco was a good comedy character though, but he still shouldn't have gotten the push WCW had to give him towards the end.

Another weird one was when Big T (Ahmed Johnson) sued Booker T over the letter "T"...

Old
08-11-2012, 01:23 AM
Rizer

Quote:
I've heard bad things about Glen Gilberti, Disco was a good comedy character though, but he still shouldn't have gotten the push WCW had to give him towards the end.

Another weird one was when Big T (Ahmed Johnson) sued Booker T over the letter "T"...
I haven't heard any bad things over Glenn (personally) from the shoots I've heard. I just heard he was a total joker, a huge ribber and overall a big goof behind the scenes. I'm sure he pissed people off, though. Everyone does.

Old
08-11-2012, 05:51 AM
Oil Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini View Post
Steiner was one of the best workers in the world in 1991. If memory serves me Watts was running things then and Steiner had a legit back ground and was a bump machine.

He had more of a reason to be in the ME then Luger who, while a decent worker, was there only because he had a bit of a following. Rick Steiner in his prime was one damn great worker.
I always thought that Lex Luger should send Ric Flair half of his paycheques because Flair made Luger a star.

Oil Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 04:13 PM
End of Line
Human After All

Currently watching WWF Invasion 2001.

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
End of Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 12:21 PM
Bad News Bears
HUNTS&DUBES&SHANNY

About once a month, I watch my 2 favourite all-time PPV's. Starcade '98 and Wrestlemania 17.

Starcade '98 was the first PPV I ever watched, and while it doesn't have heaps of great matches on it, the opening match(es) starring Kidman (my favourite all time wrestler) defending his cruiserweight title are fantastic.

'Mania 17 is just flat-out the best PPV ever. So many great matches.

Starcade '98 would be fun watch for any WCW fans, but 'Mania X7 is a genuine must-watch for any wrestling fan.

Bad News Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 03:22 PM
iamjs
Unregistered User

Quote:

Thought I read somewhere that he was a booker for WCW towards the end, so he might have pushed himself.

Also thought I heard that he did some time after his WCW days due to his involvement in a gambling ring.

iamjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 04:48 PM
Eisen

Just watched recently the ladder match between Hart and Michaels. Still like it.

Eisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 02:01 PM
Engebretson
I WANT HOLYFIELD!!!!

vCash: 1000
Just watched my Summerslam 1998-2002 set. Always good for some nostalgia.

Engebretson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 05:40 AM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Finished watching Survivor Series 93 last night. That was a pretty lame show. And Santa at the end?

BackGroundMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 11:55 AM
Metrangerfan711
Gotta Believe!

I don't know if anyone already posted this but I love to watch some good ol' AWA on ESPN Classics...quite enjoyable but a lot of the gimmicks/wrestlers..kinda stupid..you occasionally get to see The Rockers on there too which I enjoy a lot!

Metrangerfan711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2012, 06:55 AM
Concordski
Knockoff Jets FTW

Jim Cornette found 18 of these tapes in a Crockett Garbage Can, NWA from The Carolinas, Georgia and Florida territories in the 70's. This is most of the stuff that still exists from that region from this time, I believe.

Old
09-01-2012, 07:14 AM
Shawn Wilken
Hockey's Future Staff
@CrimsonSkorpion

vCash: 50
Awards:
Was watching WWE Vintage and got treated to this match.

Shawn Wilken is offline   Reply With Quote