HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

random thoughts

Closed Thread

Old
04-27-2006, 07:34 AM
e-e

vCash: 500
random thoughts

it looks like huet allows one softie each game. the one in third was absolutely brutal. the other thing that bothers me is sheldon. how brind'amour got through sheldon is behind my understanding. the guy with the puck getting into our zone, why don't crush him rather then trying to get the puck away from him. why sheldon hasn't crushed few canes yet anyways?
then he broke his stick and we lost. sheldon doesn't seem to be 100% and doesn't play like to sheldon we want.

Old
04-27-2006, 07:37 AM
Artyukhin*

my random thoughts

nobody one this board ever expected us to be up 3-0 after the first 3 games

we played the last 8 of the 10 mins shorthanded

we lost our capitan

refs call two diffrent games last night . one set of rules for montreal one set for carolina

carolina scores on a 5-3 basically in overtime (souray broken stick)

if we come with the same effort friday were up 3-1

sure huet should have had it blab alba but we should have also been up 4-1 in that game also ...

the habs played well last night and were the better team
the canes got very lucky

referee denis larue surly has lost any consideration to ref in the next round after last nights debacle

go habs go

Last edited by Artyukhin*: 04-27-2006 at 07:45 AM.
Old
04-27-2006, 07:44 AM
jimnevets

Stupid damn Huet, if he had a shutout last night Montreal would have won

I hope he never plays with the Habs again after he wins the cup this year

Old
04-27-2006, 07:45 AM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimnevets
Stupid damn Huet, if he had a shutout last night Montreal would have won

I hope he never plays with the Habs again after he wins the cup this year

only in montreal

Old
04-27-2006, 07:51 AM
Bob in Niagara

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-e
it looks like huet allows one softie each game. the one in third was absolutely brutal. the other thing that bothers me is sheldon. how brind'amour got through sheldon is behind my understanding. the guy with the puck getting into our zone, why don't crush him rather then trying to get the puck away from him. why sheldon hasn't crushed few canes yet anyways?
then he broke his stick and we lost. sheldon doesn't seem to be 100% and doesn't play like to sheldon we want.
It looked to me as though Huet played very well, once again. The goal that beat him in the 3rd period was actually tipped in by Rivet's stick. You can't fault Huet for the puck being re-directed like that. It was a fluke goal, plain and simple. Souray played a solid game and could not be faulted for this goal either. It was just one of those things. We'll be fine.

Old
04-27-2006, 07:54 AM
Un HabitHuet*

Here's a message to all of you who were there yesterday, but decided to keep quiet:

You let your team down.

You know who you are.

Old
04-27-2006, 09:26 AM
e-e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob in Niagara
It looked to me as though Huet played very well, once again. The goal that beat him in the 3rd period was actually tipped in by Rivet's stick. You can't fault Huet for the puck being re-directed like that. It was a fluke goal, plain and simple. Souray played a solid game and could not be faulted for this goal either. It was just one of those things. We'll be fine.
souray played good game just he could have crushed brind'amour instead of trying the get the puck. hes not as phisical as we need him to be.

i still believe that we'll win the series

go habs go

Old
04-27-2006, 10:35 AM
Darz

With a save percentage of 0.936 to this point in the playoffs and the fact he lead the league in save percentage in the regular season, I think we can cut Huet a break on one goal. If you focus on goals allowed that a goalie maybe should of saved per game, I think most goalies would be at least be at around 1 per game average.

04-27-2006, 10:38 AM
Shabutie

My number 1 thought is that Cam Ward will not have as good a game as he did.

Old
04-27-2006, 10:43 AM
Matrix

Obviously, it's a must win Friday but again, since every ''intelligent'' people expected that would've win in 4 and blowing then 6-2 yesterday and 12-1 Friday, let's just find a way to beat Ward by driving to the net, Huet has some people on his back, Ward didn't yesterday so let's play with his mind a little bit more and avoid stupid penalties (the deserved ones....) and we will be fine with or without Saks.

But I would like to see Kost or Lappy instead of Downey if Saks not in but I won't see that unfortunately.

But we still lead 2-1 and it's not like we were outmatched, we still are the best team in that series with a little problem to finish it but we will!

Old
04-27-2006, 10:43 AM
GoHabsGO252006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob in Niagara
I agree except for the Sourray thing, I think the first goal was his fault, it was his puck to clear, he failed to do so and failed to take out Brind'amour.

Old
04-27-2006, 10:44 AM
MathMan

Huet has been great, but I bet Rollie Melancon will work on Huet blocking the five-hole when down on his knees. It's now been a goal a game he's allowed in this way.

If he can cut those down the 'Canes will be in trouble.

Old
04-27-2006, 11:08 AM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie
My number 1 thought is that Cam Ward will not have as good a game as he did.
Let's hope but Cam is a former first round pick, he was awesome in the AHL and he has all the tools to become a top10 goalie in the league (even better than that). I hope he doesn't steal us the series, that would suck... But he's a rookie and we're going to win the cup anyways.

Old
04-27-2006, 11:14 AM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

With goalies you never know who will be hot and who will struggle.

While Lundqvist hasn't had much help, his statistics are a far cry from his "Hart trophy season" that some Rangers fans were spouting about.

Old
04-27-2006, 11:16 AM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil
With goalies you never know who will be hot and who will struggle.

While Lundqvist hasn't had much help, his statistics are a far cry from his "Hart trophy season" that some Rangers fans were spouting about.
Well, the positive is that Huet is keeping up his numbers. The negative is that we may have bumped into an equally hot goalie. He didn't look so great in game 2 and I'm convinced, he's not as good as he played in game 3 (yet).

Old
04-27-2006, 11:19 AM
Brett38

This was one of the best games I have seen from the Habs this year despite all of our trips to the penalty box. This Murray character is becoming another Begin. I like it.

Old
04-27-2006, 11:22 AM
youngster

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-e
I understand your frustration, but since the beginning of OT on Monday to the end of the 3rd last night Huet had allowed one goal on 48 shots. In that same timeframe the Habs only scored 2 goals. I think he's doing his part more than anybody on this team.

Closed Thread