HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Thoughts on Leo Komarov?

Closed Thread

Old
08-11-2012, 03:05 AM
rdawg1234

vCash: 500
Thoughts on Leo Komarov?

with all this talk of other teams getting tougher with say Prust in MTL and such I feel as if we actually got a good agitator in Komarov. He's not big, but he has speed, a little bit of skill and the energy of Brown from what I hear.

What are your thoughts on him? Has anyone seen him play that can compare him to someone?

obviously he's not a top 6 guy, but could be a valuable addition to the team.

Old
08-11-2012, 03:38 AM
Dreakmur

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdawg1234 View Post
with all this talk of other teams getting tougher with say Prust in MTL and such I feel as if we actually got a good agitator in Komarov. He's not big, but he has speed, a little bit of skill and the energy of Brown from what I hear.

What are your thoughts on him? Has anyone seen him play that can compare him to someone?

obviously he's not a top 6 guy, but could be a valuable addition to the team.
Ryan Hollweg without the fighting.

Old
08-11-2012, 03:39 AM
Predaleafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreakmur View Post
Ryan Hollweg without the fighting.
You have no idea why not say it. He is Jarkko Ruutu with alittle bit more offence. Hell most likely score 5-10 goals get 20 points but will draw alot of penaltys with the way he plays.

Old
08-11-2012, 07:59 AM
Larcos_Unal

I think he'll find the NHL a little tougher to play in than Europe, wait till we play the Bruins...oh god what a mess it's gonna be.

Old
08-11-2012, 08:19 AM
ForSpareParts*
agreement

he is a non-entity.

let's hope he can be better than a non-entity/richard wallin status.

Old
08-11-2012, 08:21 AM
K19*

He'll be a Marlie IMO. Might get 10-20 games. I'm not expecting much.

Old
08-11-2012, 10:16 AM
Marco Esquandolas
Registered Abuser

vCash: 1170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larcos_Unal View Post
I think he'll find the NHL a little tougher to play in than Europe, wait till we play the Bruins...oh god what a mess it's gonna be.
Apparently you missed out on him driving Chara up the wall at the World Championships

He has a good chance to crack the fourth line out of camp IMO

Old
08-11-2012, 10:21 AM
GenericFan2*

Will likely play less than 50 games IMO, fast with some nastiness but overall nothing to get excited about. Hopefully he can put up 15ish points if he even cracks the squad. We'll probably see him in the A for a while.

Old
08-11-2012, 10:57 AM
pSoup

I'm hoping he is just a nasty pesky mofo like he seems to be. Having a somewhat skilled pest, would be great, we need more of an edge to this team, really hoping he brings that, with him and brown out there together, should def be an annoying fourth line to play agaisnt.

Does Leo have any speed?

Old
08-11-2012, 11:02 AM
GenericFan2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by pSoup View Post
I'm hoping he is just a nasty pesky mofo like he seems to be. Having a somewhat skilled pest, would be great, we need more of an edge to this team, really hoping he brings that, with him and brown out there together, should def be an annoying fourth line to play agaisnt.

Does Leo have any speed?
I think speed is what he has going for him.

Old
08-11-2012, 11:12 AM
thatshype

I have no expectations for him, really. Whatever he brings to the table will be a exceeding my expectations.

Old
08-11-2012, 11:17 AM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

vCash: 657
Half the people in this thread have no idea who he is 3rd/4th liner who will hit like a truck, act as a pest, draw penalties and score 20ish points who can possibly play a Steve downie type role on a second line if need-be. Hell be a fan favorite in no time

Old
08-11-2012, 11:23 AM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 50
The real question here is this, what will Cherry think of him?

Undersized guy who plays big, Cherry loves those guys, but Komarov isn't Canadian. Will Komarov be the new Zigomanis? Tune in this Saturday to find out on Hockey Night in Canada.

Old
08-11-2012, 11:26 AM
Mess
Global Moderator

Burke is fighting fire with fire as in a recent interview Burke stated "the rats are taking over the NHL".

Komarov is being brought in to play that role as a 4th line energizer and shift disturber..

08-11-2012, 11:28 AM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess View Post
Burke is fighting fire with fire as in a recent interview Burke stated "the rats are taking over the NHL".

Komarov is being brought in to play that role as a 4th line energizer and shift disturber..
That had crossed my mind. One of those hate them when you play them, love them when you have them things, he will have some explaining to do if Komarov makes the NHL and is a good pest.

Old
08-11-2012, 11:29 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Don't know what to expect, know he is a pest but how will he adjust to the bigs is my question.

08-11-2012, 11:33 AM
Swervin81
No Honour for Connor

Quote:

Difference between pets and cheapshot artists.

Old
08-11-2012, 12:03 PM
SchennerandNazzie

Quote:

Im sure if he is a pest it will be well known to fight and not turtle. i have watched vids of him and he does fight but ppl have jumpwd him because of his pestiness

Old
08-11-2012, 12:10 PM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

Quote:

Rats are pests with no backbone. Shift disturber's are important, they just can't rely on someone else fighting their dirty work.

Old
08-11-2012, 12:13 PM
mooseOAK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke meat pete View Post
Rats are pests with no backbone. Shift disturber's are important, they just can't rely on someone else fighting their dirty work.
He knows the difference.

Old
08-11-2012, 12:26 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke meat pete View Post
If fans are expecting Komarov to be Leafs new enforcer and/or lead the team in fighting majors as a results of his antagonistic antics, they're likely going to be disappointed. International hockey is not big on fighting so I'm not sure where this belief comes from that you expect Komarov to drop the gloves on regularity.

If they're expecting him to get under the other teams skin and be a constant yapper and super pest causing a disruption than they will get to see that type of player in Komarov.

Old
08-11-2012, 12:27 PM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

Quote:
If fans are expecting Komarov to be Leafs new enforcer and/or lead the team in fighting majors as a results of his antics, they're likely going to be disappointed.

If they're expecting him to get under the other teams skin and be a constant yapper and pest causing a disruption than they will get to see that type of player in Komarov.
Yes, we know. I don't know your point.

Old
08-11-2012, 12:28 PM
ponder

From scouting reports it sounds like he can hit and agitate despite the fact that he's not particularly big, and that he'll be either a 3rd liner, 4th liner or AHLer. I'll reserve judgement until I see him play myself.

Old
08-11-2012, 12:38 PM
AmazedRink
Nifty Mittens,ATTACK

I think he could surprise with his offence and bring 40 points, moving up to 3rd line by the end of the year.

Old
08-11-2012, 12:52 PM
FifthLine
Leaf Syndrome

vCash: 400
I think a lot of people on here are under estimating Komarov. Obviously, he isn't going to be a top six guy, or a goal scorer for that matter. Think Mike Brown, with less fighting, and more skill. People act like he's gunna need all this time to adjusting playing against guys like Chara, in the world championships, he was all over Chara. People also have to realize that he isn't exactly a kid anymore. He's 26, as long as he comes over bringing that same energy and chippyness then he'll be fine.

Closed Thread