HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Travis Zajac to Chicago at the deadline

Closed Thread

Old
08-09-2012, 01:30 PM
Chris Hansen
Team Tyrion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NM Squirts View Post
This maybe the first time I've ever heard or read "elite third line center" to describe a player. But I kind of like it so I may steal it.
A synonym for "elite shutdown center." The term is used pretty often.

Old
08-10-2012, 12:02 AM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastly115 View Post
This post is funny because you're trying to mock CM yet you failed to grasp his point.
If he is mocking me, that's fine. I've stated that it's my opinion, just as it's their opinion that he's an ideal 1st line center. I'll agree to disagree.

However, with that being said, I just don't agree with the double standards being thrown around by some of the other posters. Like I can't say Benn is a 1st line center because of one season, but it's ok to say that Zajac is because of one season, when that season was 3 years ago? Or Mike Richards somehow isn't a good candidate to be a 1st line center, yet he's had back to back point per game seasons and selke finalist finishes.

It was mainly Devilchuk, but some of the other posters in here have agreed.

That's my only gripe, otherwise, I like Zajac as player. Just hate the fact that he's a Devil when the Rangers could have had him, and he was one of the two players I wanted (Wolski was the other) with the Korpikoski pick back in 04 from Toronto.

Old
08-10-2012, 08:00 AM
Missionhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Lundqvist View Post
If he is mocking me, that's fine. I've stated that it's my opinion, just as it's their opinion that he's an ideal 1st line center. I'll agree to disagree.

However, with that being said, I just don't agree with the double standards being thrown around by some of the other posters. Like I can't say Benn is a 1st line center because of one season, but it's ok to say that Zajac is because of one season, when that season was 3 years ago? Or Mike Richards somehow isn't a good candidate to be a 1st line center, yet he's had back to back point per game seasons and selke finalist finishes.

It was mainly Devilchuk, but some of the other posters in here have agreed.

That's my only gripe, otherwise, I like Zajac as player. Just hate the fact that he's a Devil when the Rangers could have had him, and he was one of the two players I wanted (Wolski was the other) with the Korpikoski pick back in 04 from Toronto.
What? Thats not my interpretation. Nobody said that they weren't a 1st line centers, but you are excluding Zajac who fits your own criteria. Also, no one said he's an "ideal" first line center.

Last edited by Missionhockey: 08-10-2012 at 08:07 AM.
Old
08-10-2012, 10:55 AM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

Would you guys trade him to TO? We need someone that is prety good defensively, not just offense, or else GA on the 1st line would be terrible. List your price(Lupul, Kessel, Rielly are untouchable obviously)

Old
08-10-2012, 02:31 PM
Eggers
:panic:

Send a message via AIM to Eggers
Quote:
Originally Posted by HANDZ 57 View Post
So, um, back to the value of Zajac at the deadline part...

If the hypothetical situation mentioned in the OP does occur, I would hope that the blues would swoop in and out bid Chicago if futures and picks are what it would take.

Would love to have

Backes
Zajac
Berglund

down the middle.

Would Zajac re-sign as a 2nd line center?
I can't see him turning down a role where he's not the #1 guy. And besides, with that center depth, it's pretty much three first lines anyway (in comparison to the Devils, at least ).

Old
08-11-2012, 10:29 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Lundqvist View Post
Travis Zajac isn't an elite defensive player. He hasn't even finished in the top-5 once.
Oh my, using Selke voting to determine who is elite defensively is very misguided. First of all, media votes are susceptible to hype and recentism. Second, the award has turned into one for the "best two-way forward" rather than "best defensive forward" as was intended.

Trusting Devils fans to know great defensive forwards when they see them is simply out of the question, is it? Our team's success was built on them, and we've seen so many in our years of fandom: Holik, Carpenter, Madden, Brylin, Pandolfo. Zajac is on par with any of them in their primes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie McCracken View Post
Yes because the Devils 77-45-9 record since John Maclean's dismissal is in fact misleading and should be thus completely ignored. Their clearly only as talented as their 9-22-2 record under Maclean indicates.
He loves to cherry pick stats that support his slanted argument about how the Devils are terrible, declining further, and in danger of folding.

Of course, we can also cherry pick stats that say that the Devils were the second best team in the league in the 2011 calendar year, only behind the President's trophy winning Canucks.

Devils fans have mostly said that we understand how important Zajac is to the team, and we want to keep him, but are realistic about the fact that there is a chance he leaves.

But we do trust Lou, and Lou is the greatest.

Last edited by piqued: 08-11-2012 at 11:07 AM. Reason: qdp
Old
08-11-2012, 11:23 AM
SixthSens
Global Moderator
RIP Kev

vCash: 605
Too much thread derailment here, closed.

Closed Thread