HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Flyers 'step up' offer for Bouwmeester

Old
08-11-2012, 09:34 AM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8BostonRocker24 View Post
Whenever Calgary's awful drafting record is brought up Flame fans point to Backlund and say: "We have a stud right there" or "Backlund is a future #1 center", so yes he's a bust if 1st line center was the measuring stick. To be honest, Backlund falls right in line with Calgary's drafting record.

Ah yes, that magical word on HFBoards, "Potential". We're 5 years removed from his draft, at this point we need to stop using that word. Backlund is what he is.
There are a few Flames fans that thought he could be a #1 centerman but there aren't that many that did. Most believed he could be a #2 centerman meaning he is one pace so far. I think its a dangerous game to base your opinion of what people think by taking the most extreme opinions as a census. So you are telling me Lars Eller and Max Pac aren't going to get any better? Its been 5 years so I guess Eller will never be more than a #3 center?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesrule View Post
He openly talked about it in the TSN interview for the draft last year.
Its completely different their had been a trade offer and Feaster asked Regehr to waive and he said no, he never "leaked" anything.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 10:05 AM
Mr Atoz*
I hid the Atavachron

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Farkas View Post
Bouwmeester would not like it in Philadelphia...just not a personality match there I don't feel...

Yes, the flyers cheap shot coaches will certainly have their work cut out for them.

Mr Atoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 10:09 AM
SheasRebellion6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoFlyers1825 View Post
Can fellow Flyers fans talk me into wanting JayBo, and also tell me why it wouldnt be better to go the UFA route?
No, but Michael Peca can.

http://youtu.be/aqof09PxEmM

SheasRebellion6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 10:11 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
I don't want Bouwmeester in Philly. The media will tear his ass apart

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 10:12 AM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
Not so much the media, but I just don't think he fits Philly's roster and team as much as he fits Detroit. I think this guy is made to go to Detroit.

ColePens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 10:15 AM
TheCerebral1
Hockey Heaven

Schenn and Couturier at their ages and peak value have so much more upside than Filppula who at 28 is now the second coming of what...Yzerman. What a joke. Detroit once again overvaluing a player who yes had a break through but up until this point was a third line player. Bouwmeester is not the same player he was coming from Florida to Calgary.

TheCerebral1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 10:47 AM
Flukeshot
Holmgren activate!

vCash: 50
It's funny how circumstances can so quickly change.

Not too long ago rumors about CGY were related to how to could they possible ditch Bouwmeester and his contract. Pretty much seeing him as a negative value.

Conversely, about 99% of Flyers fans had no interest in Bouwmeester. Myself included.

JBo's value is at its highest right now, but given that he's not a huge upgrade over the UFAs still available, he's not going to get an impressive return.

Flukeshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 10:52 AM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flukeshot View Post
It's funny how circumstances can so quickly change.

Not too long ago rumors about CGY were related to how to could they possible ditch Bouwmeester and his contract. Pretty much seeing him as a negative value.

Conversely, about 99% of Flyers fans had no interest in Bouwmeester. Myself included.

JBo's value is at its highest right now, but given that he's not a huge upgrade over the UFAs still available, he's not going to get an impressive return.
Wait what?

Old
08-11-2012, 10:58 AM
VanBrett

vCash: 802
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCerebral1 View Post
Schenn and Couturier at their ages and peak value have so much more upside than Filppula who at 28 is now the second coming of what...Yzerman. What a joke. Detroit once again overvaluing a player who yes had a break through but up until this point was a third line player. Bouwmeester is not the same player he was coming from Florida to Calgary.
Schenn and Couturier do have alot more value, and probably will turn out to be great players, but for God sakes, Couturier is valued by some Flyer fans (not all of you) on this board like he is Wayne ****ing Gretzky. The kid had a good rookie year, but he may turn out to be a Filppula type-player that plays 3rd line center, and excels at it, but could break-out at wing.

VanBrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 10:59 AM
TimoneX

I doubt there are many RW fans that think Flip is Yzerman 2.0, he is nowhere near as skilled as Steve, but he does put in a solid effort every shift and doesn't make many mistakes and when he does he often hustles to cover for them. These things tend to make players popular with their fanbase. While Filppula may not have Couturier's trade value, he is very popular with DRW fans and seemingly management.

The tough thing for this RW fan to swallow with this proposed deal is that Flip has improved each year and Bouwmeester has been trending the other way each season since being moved to Calgary. I'd rather see the wings snag a UFA Dman and roll with their youth movement on defense than trade Flip for a Dman that hasn't been spectacular since '08-'09 and never played a playoff game at the NHL level.

TimoneX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 11:19 AM
Flukeshot
Holmgren activate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Wait what?
Bouwmeester Average Production Last 3 seasons:
-4G, 23A 82GP -9 +/-
-only 71 hits for a guy who is supposed to be a physical presence
-Zero NHL Playoff experience

Colaiacovo:
-5G, 21A, 65GP +4 +/-
-67 Hits for a guy who is fragile
-7 GP in the playoffs LY, 11 total (still not good)

Other than the injury risk, there isn't a HUGE difference right? Is that difference worth one of Simmonds, Couts, B.Schenn? No. What would you rather have. Bouwmeester or Couts/Schenn/Simmonds + Cola?

Old
08-11-2012, 11:24 AM
nogger
#wemissyoubutler

Then why haven't the Flyers signed Colaiacovo then if he's so much better than Bouw?

nogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 11:24 AM
RA9

vCash: 883
Quote:
-4G, 23A 82GP -9 +/-

Colaiacovo:
-5G, 21A, 65GP +4 +/-

Other than the injury risk, there isn't a HUGE difference right? Is that difference worth one of Simmonds, Couts, B.Schenn? No. What would you rather have. Bouwmeester or Couts/Schenn/Simmonds + Cola?
LOL, just looking at the numbers once again. really, watch both of them and tell me you'd rather have a injury prone fringe top 4 dman for one of the best skating players in the league, that can play tons of minutes ( a huge value) Bouwmeester would be a #1 or #2 guy on ANY team in the NHL right now.

Yes there is a huge difference, jesus christ. Jbow might not get the points he used to, but he is not that bad, even for that contract.

RA9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 11:25 AM
fetalposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitHeel View Post
That may very well be true, but I don't think you're going to get much agreement from people outside of Calgary (or at least the HF fans outside of Calgary, I won't pretend that I polled 30 GMs on him).
Dunno about everyone else, but I know babcock really likes him.

fetalposition is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 11:29 AM
JohnHodgson

Quote:
-4G, 23A 82GP -9 +/-

Colaiacovo:
-5G, 21A, 65GP +4 +/-

You aren't serious right? JBo's a work horse and plays 25 minutes a night. He's so freaking underrated because he's on the Flames. And I'm a Canuck fan.

JohnHodgson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 11:32 AM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirouxFlamesFan View Post
LOL, just looking at the numbers once again. really, watch both of them and tell me you'd rather have a injury prone fringe top 4 dman for one of the best skating players in the league, that can play tons of minutes ( a huge value) Bouwmeester would be a #1 or #2 guy on ANY team in the NHL right now.

Yes there is a huge difference, jesus christ. Jbow might not get the points he used to, but he is not that bad, even for that contract.
No... Just no. I agree J-Bo is better than what's available (although not by that much), but he's no #1 dman. He gets overvalued by Flames fans just as much as he gets undervalued by other fans. He is what he is, a soft, overpaid #3 dman who will provide a steady presence to your blueline and can log a lot of minutes

The Nuge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 11:35 AM
Flukeshot
Holmgren activate!

@Nogger: Who says they won't? I'm sure Holmgren is exploring many options, one that probably includes Bouwmeester, another that likely includes a UFA like Cola or Rozsival.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirouxFlamesFan View Post

Again, I'm not arguing that Bouw isn't an upgrade over Cola or other options. But I'd personally prefer the Flyers keep Couts, Schenn, Simmonds and sign Cola or another UFA, than to trade one of them for Bouw. I think many Flyers fans would agree with me.

I also think that the pieces that the typical Flyer fan would like to give up to make up for that difference, (Read, picks, prospects) are not pieces that the typical Flames fan would want for Bouw.

That's for the GMs of both teams to decide, to see if there is an acceptable deal. But Holmgren has the UFA card to play as well. Just Like Feaster could say, no thanks, I'll just sign Arnott.

Old
08-11-2012, 11:38 AM
fetalposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCerebral1 View Post
and once again flyer fans think players that have barely played in the nhl are light years ahead of a 66 point/ very strong defensively center/winger. Get back to me when they actually do something and dont talk about players that play half their games during your bedtime.

fetalposition is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 11:39 AM
NitHeel
Mucker/Grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogger View Post
Then why haven't the Flyers signed Colaiacovo then if he's so much better than Bouw?
I don't think anyone said he was "so much better" then Bouwmeester, or even that he's better at all. He's not. Just that it would make more sense to keep Couturier/Schenn/etc. and sign Rozsival/Coliacovo then take Bouwmeester and lose a Couturier/Schenn.

Oh, and to the guy who compared Couturier to Gretzky....right on! If Couturier had matched up against Wayne, Gretzky would have been out of the league in 5 years!

NitHeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 11:44 AM
ComixZone

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitHeel View Post
I don't think anyone said he was "so much better" then Bouwmeester, or even that he's better at all. He's not. Just that it would make more sense to keep Couturier/Schenn/etc. and sign Rozsival/Coliacovo then take Bouwmeester and lose a Couturier/Schenn.

Oh, and to the guy who compared Couturier to Gretzky....right on! If Couturier had matched up against Wayne, Gretzky would have been out of the league in 5 years!
Philly wouldn't make a trade like that - not without Calgary adding.

One thing I could see is a deal based around Bouwmeester and Backlund for Couturier.

Scott Hartnell ($4.200m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m) / Danny Briere ($6.500m)
Jakub Voracek ($4.250m) / Brayden Schenn ($3.110m) / Wayne Simmonds ($1.750m)
Ruslan Fedotenko ($1.750m) / Mikael Backlund ($0.725m) / Matt Read ($0.900m)
Eric Wellwood ($0.580m) / Maxime Talbot ($1.750m) / Zac Rinaldo ($0.544m)
Jody Shelley ($1.100m) /

DEFENSEMEN
Braydon Coburn ($4.500m) / Jay Bouwmeester ($6.680m)
Kimmo Timonen ($6.333m) / Luke Schenn ($3.600m)
Nicklas Grossmann ($3.500m) / Andreas Lilja ($0.738m)
Bruno Gervais ($0.825m) / Chris Pronger ($4.921m)

GOALTENDERS
Ilya Bryzgalov ($5.667m)
Michael Leighton ($0.900m)

with Mesz on LTIR.

Bouw's contract expires at the same time Giroux will require his big raise.

...but I doubt PHI would include Couts or Schenn in any trade anyways.

ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 11:47 AM
RA9

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
No... Just no. I agree J-Bo is better than what's available (although not by that much), but he's no #1 dman. He gets overvalued by Flames fans just as much as he gets undervalued by other fans. He is what he is, a soft, overpaid #3 dman who will provide a steady presence to your blueline and can log a lot of minutes
He maybe a weak number one but I think he could be a solid #2 on MANY teams, and that's saying a lot IMO. He is by no means a #3 dman, soft? Yes. Overpaid? By about 1.5M, which isn't a lot if you look at other contracts around the league, especially for dmen.

@Flukeshot I know what you mean, personally I don't think Couts/Schenn would be traded to Calgary if the they made a deal for bouw.

RA9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 11:47 AM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
-4G, 23A 82GP -9 +/-

Colaiacovo:
-5G, 21A, 65GP +4 +/-

Yes because Cola can play 25+ minutes a night agaisnt other teams top players right? Or the fact that Jbow was used a shutdown defenseman and is a offensive defenseman but if you want Cola then be my guest sign him you will be sorely disappointed when he isn't a top 2 defenseman

Old
08-11-2012, 11:54 AM
Sam67

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post

Is all of the male media in Philly gay? if so I believe
JBo is married, to a woman, but hey, what goes on behind closed doors is non of my business. How ever a dude wants to roll is ok by me

Sam67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 12:02 PM
Rickety Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam67 View Post
Is all of the male media in Philly gay? if so I believe
JBo is married, to a woman, but hey, what goes on behind closed doors is non of my business. How ever a dude wants to roll is ok by me
Indeed.

Rickety Cricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 12:06 PM
DatsyukOwns
Hero

How about something around Staz for Jbo?
I would love bouwmeester on this team. Playing with Johnson would be awesome.

DatsyukOwns is offline   Reply With Quote