HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposals: July-August

Old
07-15-2012, 03:55 PM
hockeytom17
Rookie User

vCash: 500
Boyle also isn't that terrible we all have to remember that he played hurt for most of the season. His feet and anckls were so swollen he had to wear skates a size to big.

hockeytom17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 03:58 PM
LordsCup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeytom17 View Post
Boyle also isn't that terrible we all have to remember that he played hurt for most of the season. His feet and anckls were so swollen he had to wear skates a size to big.
Regardless, he still should not be our full time 3rd line center. AA or Dubi there please.

LordsCup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 04:29 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeytom17 View Post
First off AA was in the trade idea for Nash so he is gone. I don't see the cap being lower next season than it was this season. I see the cap staying were it is considering the NHL has had record numbers the last three seasons so there goes that thought out the window. So if dubi and AA cover nashs contract and we have 15.2 million left we sign semin for 6million and have 9 million left over.
Hank isn't getting a huge raise neither is gabi Callahan or boyle. And if kreider and stepan earn big raises then let gabi go or sign him for less if he wants to stay. That's two years away and you can't keep the same team forever. We have some pretty good kids waiting to coeme up in miller and St. Croix. Lets wait and see.
It's great that you don't see the cap being lower. But the Rangers don't know that and neither do we.

Regardless, when was AA rumored to be in the trade for Nash? All "reports" we've gotten wind of have been around Dubinsky as the roster player. If you want to add AA to the mix, so be it. But that still doesn't answer the question as to who you want playing 3rd and 4th line center.

broadwayblue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 04:49 PM
haveandare

Not sure why so many people in so many threads seem to be dead set against Boyle as 3C. He's a great defensive player and he was, in many regards, the best Ranger in the Senators series. Further, Torts made Dubi and AA wingers last season and left Boyle at C for the most part. I'd be really, really surprised to see him on the fourth line or on the wing for most of the year.

I think it's going to be
Richards
Step
Boyle
Rupp/Halpern/maybe Haley if he can get his game together under Torts

and I don't think that's a bad thing at all.

haveandare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 05:07 PM
LordsCup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post
Not sure why so many people in so many threads seem to be dead set against Boyle as 3C. He's a great defensive player and he was, in many regards, the best Ranger in the Senators series. Further, Torts made Dubi and AA wingers last season and left Boyle at C for the most part. I'd be really, really surprised to see him on the fourth line or on the wing for most of the year.

I think it's going to be
Richards
Step
Boyle
Rupp/Halpern/maybe Haley if he can get his game together under Torts

and I don't think that's a bad thing at all.
Besides for a couple good games vs the Sens he was horrible last season. Anyone who was on his line suffered offensively, i dont want players like Hags, Cally, Kreider or whoever is on the 3rd line playing with him. He should get no more then 10 min on the 4th line and some PK time.

Old
07-15-2012, 05:11 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKL889 View Post
Besides for a couple good games vs the Sens he was horrible last season. Anyone who was on his line suffered offensively, i dont want players like Hags, Cally, Kreider or whoever is on the 3rd line playing with him. He should get no more then 10 min on the 4th line and some PK time.
Not to mention we're in trouble if Richards or Stepan miss any significant time. Can you imagine Boyle filling in on top 2 line duty for a month? Yikes. If we trade AA we are very thin at C.

broadwayblue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 05:16 PM
LordsCup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Not to mention we're in trouble if Richards or Stepan miss any significant time. Can you imagine Boyle filling in on top 2 line duty for a month? Yikes. If we trade AA we are very thin at C.
Yup.

Its either trade Dubi or trade AA, not both. Dubi is still a center and he would be good for that 3rd line role.

Old
07-15-2012, 09:13 PM
hockeytom17
Rookie User

Dub I barely played center in the last two years it hard to see him being a saving grace. As for AA in a trade it is two roster players that are being asked for and I'd rather part with AA than stepan. Boyle is not that horrible as a replacement and last I remember since when does any team count on there third line for a tone of goals.
With the top two lines of Nash, Gabi, Richards, kreider, stepan and semin. if we can't score the goals needed to win games we have bigger worries than Boyle being third line center or AA being traded. We would have much bigger problems lol.

As for the cap ya I have a good idea of were its going. The leagues first proposal is crap and everyone even the owners know it. The NHL has had record profits the last 3 to 5 years and in this argument don't have a leg to stand on. The head of the player union is going to **** them in the end with the new contract. The media is saying the same thing. If the NHL were able in some mirical to win there side watch half the players leave to Europe and the khl. You could save your money on ranger tickets and go watch a JR. Game like new York apple corp in long beach for free.

hockeytom17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 11:16 PM
ltrangerfan

When looking to acquire players stats are only a small piece of the puzzle. Fitting into a teams style, defense, age, speed, etc are just as important.

With that said, I took a look at Vanek's stats and noticed that 1/2 of his goals are scored on the PP? I have no other data. Outside of the PP he isn't particularly potent.

Is he creating or has he played on a super PP squad?

ltrangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 11:11 AM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithesis View Post
Vanek actually fits what this team needs more than Nash does. The difference is that Sather wants Nash.
Possibly.
Does that mean he turns down Vanek, even if not a bargain, but say a decent price?
Particularly how we MUST get more scoring to be effective?

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 11:16 AM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
No to Clowe. He is not an upgrade.
Partly agree and disagree, conditionally.
Clowe is upgrade, worth getting, but only if cheap enough as bargain basement, not at what you'd expect to pay, what competition would bring so a non-starter.

While he's a plus today, he is getting slower and can't be viewed as long term piece.

Old
07-16-2012, 11:26 AM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKL889 View Post
Yup.

Its either trade Dubi or trade AA, not both. Dubi is still a center and he would be good for that 3rd line role.
Things may have changed since the draft, but believeably Chicago would do D Dylan Olsen or F Mark McNeil straight up for Dubi. Would like to see if we can add and get both.

As to Nash, I'd like to make it Stepan + Redden + not much else, for Nash;
OR
Stepan + Redden + MDZ for Nash + CBJ 1st round pick. something like that

Old
07-31-2012, 01:13 PM
bernmeister

Would like to see trade options for righty D.

Is there a resource at HFB or elsewhere where Ds Ws are listed w/designation shoots L, shoots R?

I know this is available on each team's roster/prospect player profile, but that requires accessing an individual player.

Anything anyone remembers seeing?
Thanks in advance.

Old
07-31-2012, 01:23 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
Would like to see trade options for righty D.

Is there a resource at HFB or elsewhere where Ds Ws are listed w/designation shoots L, shoots R?

I know this is available on each team's roster/prospect player profile, but that requires accessing an individual player.

Anything anyone remembers seeing?
Thanks in advance.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.h...&viewName=bios

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 06:15 AM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
Many thanks.

Old
08-11-2012, 12:34 PM
bernmeister

High on CM Lundqvist's wish list, if I am not mistaken is the Jets' Evander Kane; adding him w/Hagelin + Kreider + Nash would take our LW from worst to first.

Assume for purposes of discussion the Jets do NOT consider him, like Taylor Hall for Edmonton, the face of the franchise; assume he is valued as a prized asset, but one that could be extracted for overpayment.

Can reasonable overpayment be made? We have to expect to pay, and generously, for the privilege. For purposes of this hypothetical, assume this is the equivalent of a sign and trade, with Kane upped multi year avg 6m per, perhaps a little less first 2 years, a bit more final 2 years.

CM Lundqvist said it would be either McDonagh or Kreider to start, and add. That could be too much like coke for pepsi down the road, so I'd rather overpay even a little more with alternate compensation.

What I'm thinking is
Staal, Girardi, Stepan, and two F prospects, probably Jets choice
2 of Steven Fogarty, Marek Hrivik, Kyle Jean, Shane McDolgan, and Michael St. Croix
for
Evander Kane and Paul Postma, a tall righty D FA they recently signed.

That's 5 (only 3 roster + 2 prospects) for 2 roster players.

The new roster? who plays D?

Nash Richards Gaborik
Kreider JT Miller Callahan
Kane Rupp Pyatt
Hagelin Halpern Asham

with Haley an alternate
There are many alternate line combos, especially if Kreider is tested at C and that takes (not saying do that, but could be like a fish in water for him); or if say Hagelin can go off wing to RW.

In my scenario, Rupp stays for now w/Kane and Pyatt, big guys who, w/extra pressure on Kane, should be able to not only control but also score.

However, if Yogan really is ready now (or even later this year), Yogan, also a big guy with more scoring touch, could give options, possibly including moving Rupp for a D.

I am assuming Brian Boyle gets moved for a D.
The Hawks board was split 50-50 on a deal of Biron (replaced by Talbot) + Boyle for Dylan Olsen and a 4th round pick. There was majority consensus on Boyle + something (in lieu of Biron) for Olsen +. So while it will be more than 1 for 1 straight up, I believe we can get Olsen + for Boyle +.

I'm also optimistic we can get A Martinez from the Kings. Lombardi is not giving him to us on a platter of course, but he is surplus so for a reasonable profit in futures, especially draft picks, we can probably get him.

So the D is then (going lefty-righty)
McDonagh Stralman
MDZ Postma
Martinez/Olsen/McIlrath Eminger (short term stop gap)/trade
Bickel

Goalies remain Lundqvist, Biron

comments...

Old
08-11-2012, 12:47 PM
Miller Time NYR
Wrong^

that defense looks horrific, postma is unproven, and stralman is the furthest thing from a top line RD, and why dismantle our defense and take it from imo top 5 in the league to bottom five trading two all star defensemen for a guy u wana plug in at third line left wing? just rediculous

Miller Time NYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 12:48 PM
nyrpassion
Vetted.

Quote:
High on CM Lundqvist's wish list, if I am not mistaken is the Jets' Evander Kane; adding him w/Hagelin + Kreider + Nash would take our LW from worst to first.

Assume for purposes of discussion the Jets do NOT consider him, like Taylor Hall for Edmonton, the face of the franchise; assume he is valued as a prized asset, but one that could be extracted for overpayment.

Can reasonable overpayment be made? We have to expect to pay, and generously, for the privilege. For purposes of this hypothetical, assume this is the equivalent of a sign and trade, with Kane upped multi year avg 6m per, perhaps a little less first 2 years, a bit more final 2 years.

CM Lundqvist said it would be either McDonagh or Kreider to start, and add. That could be too much like coke for pepsi down the road, so I'd rather overpay even a little more with alternate compensation.

What I'm thinking is
2 of Steven Fogarty, Marek Hrivik, Kyle Jean, Shane McDolgan, and Michael St. Croix
for

Nash Richards Gaborik
Kane Rupp Pyatt
Hagelin Halpern Asham

with Haley an alternate
There are many alternate line combos, especially if Kreider is tested at C and that takes (not saying do that, but could be like a fish in water for him); or if say Hagelin can go off wing to RW.

In my scenario, Rupp stays for now w/Kane and Pyatt, big guys who, w/extra pressure on Kane, should be able to not only control but also score.

However, if Yogan really is ready now (or even later this year), Yogan, also a big guy with more scoring touch, could give options, possibly including moving Rupp for a D.

The Hawks board was split 50-50 on a deal of Biron (replaced by Talbot) + Boyle for Dylan Olsen and a 4th round pick. There was majority consensus on Boyle + something (in lieu of Biron) for Olsen +. So while it will be more than 1 for 1 straight up, I believe we can get Olsen + for Boyle +.

I'm also optimistic we can get A Martinez from the Kings. Lombardi is not giving him to us on a platter of course, but he is surplus so for a reasonable profit in futures, especially draft picks, we can probably get him.

McDonagh Stralman
MDZ Postma
Bickel

comments...
I think this completely blows up our team, chemistry and defense. We also lose a C, and no thank you on Rupp being our 3rd line center, and JT Miller our 2nd line center. There are too many if's and but's to make the final line up actually happen. So, in short, I don't agree in giving up 2 strong D, a good young center, and 2 other F prospects, for Kane, who would be a 3rd line, bottom 6 forward in the line up and a right handed D. The team would be more hurt that helped, and that's just on paper, not considering chemistry and other intangibles.
Something more realistic would be,
Kane
for
Hagelin + Thomas + 2nd ?
Honestly, I dunno how high the Jets rate Kane.

nyrpassion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 12:49 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
McDonagh Stralman
MDZ Postma
Bickel
There is no way you can think this makes us a better hockey team.

We will score more. We may be more "fun to watch". But the reason why the Rangers had their best season in 15 years was team defense from the net out.

Just no. Hell no.

08-11-2012, 12:49 PM
Ave Maria
New Season New Dream

Send a message via Skype™ to Ave Maria
Quote:

What I'm thinking is
for

Nash Richards Gaborik
Kane Rupp Pyatt
Hagelin Halpern Asham

with Haley an alternate

McDonagh Stralman
MDZ Postma
Bickel

comments...
im sorry but thats horrendous, Staal is arguably one of our best d-men and eats a crap load of minutes. Secondly, moving Girardi would leave us with no RH dmen. Horrible deal for our defensemen

Ave Maria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 12:57 PM
jskramer83

Quote:

What I'm thinking is
for

Nash Richards Gaborik
Kane Rupp Pyatt
Hagelin Halpern Asham

with Haley an alternate

McDonagh Stralman
MDZ Postma
Bickel

comments...
A for creativity

A- for effort

D for trade execution

jskramer83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 05:41 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Quote:
Partly agree and disagree, conditionally.
Clowe is upgrade, worth getting, but only if cheap enough as bargain basement, not at what you'd expect to pay, what competition would bring so a non-starter.

While he's a plus today, he is getting slower and can't be viewed as long term piece.
Just out of curiosity, how did you determine this?

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 08:53 PM
rangerfan_79

Send a message via Yahoo to rangerfan_79
Quote:

What I'm thinking is
for

Nash Richards Gaborik
Kane Rupp Pyatt
Hagelin Halpern Asham

with Haley an alternate

McDonagh Stralman
MDZ Postma
Bickel

comments...
I drunk post once in a while too. it doesn't make us a bad person.
Happy posting. go rangers!

rangerfan_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 09:01 PM
Dr. Ogrodnick

Quote:

What I'm thinking is
for

Nash Richards Gaborik
Kane Rupp Pyatt
Hagelin Halpern Asham

with Haley an alternate

McDonagh Stralman
MDZ Postma
Bickel

comments...
So you are completely gutting the defense to trade for a guy that you then want to play on the 3rd line? Crack kills buddy.

Why are you always trying to trade Staal and Girardi? The top 4 is the Rangers strength and both are signed reasonably to multiyear deals. It's why most of your trade proposals are viewed unfavorably.

Dr. Ogrodnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 10:34 PM
Amazing Kreiderman
Night-shift fan!

Yeah, losing 2 centers in the trade for Nash wasn't enough, lets get rid of Stepan as well...

Amazing Kreiderman is offline   Reply With Quote