HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

Tyler Seguin Projections

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-04-2012, 11:25 AM
  #26
ODAAT
Registered User
 
ODAAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,090
vCash: 500
I'll betcha he forces Chia's hand to make a move this year involving another centerman, I'll letcha guess which one I think will be on the move...........hint, it isn't Soupy

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2012, 04:16 PM
  #27
Montecristo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 606
vCash: 500
My projections for seguin have to be high since being a fan of this team I know a lot is resting on him making the jump to that of a superstar this season. If he doesn't score 40 and becomre a consistent force, this team might be out in the conference semis again. The theory by chiarelli is that the improvements made to the team was the improvement of the current players on the roster and seguin is arguably the most important player in that way. (one could argue tuuka)

I'll say 43 goals, 47 assists with the most important stat being 17 PP goals. He has to find his role on the PP and I hope Claude realizes it's not on the half wall. Id like him to be used the way kovalchuk is used by the devils setting up high and letting bullets go. We'll see, claude seems to like pevs there...

Montecristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2012, 06:37 PM
  #28
TSC*
KPD IS ADB
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Boston, Ma
Country: United States
Posts: 470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montecristo View Post

I'll say 43 goals, 47 assists with the most important stat being 17 PP goals. He has to find his role on the PP and I hope Claude realizes it's not on the half wall. Id like him to be used the way kovalchuk is used by the devils setting up high and letting bullets go. We'll see, claude seems to like pevs there...

No, God no.

Seguins biggest talent is his vision and ability to create plays. Putting him on the point would be....

wait for it....

Pointless.

TSC* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2012, 06:43 PM
  #29
Kiss My Rask
VGHC
 
Kiss My Rask's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Wakefield, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,479
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSC View Post
No, God no.

Seguins biggest talent is his vision and ability to create plays. Putting him on the point would be....

wait for it....

Pointless.
He does have a great shot though and it's probably worth a try for a few games

Kiss My Rask is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 08:23 AM
  #30
00BW
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Framingham, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 71
vCash: 500
They did try him on the point in the 5-3 power play a couple times just to get him out there since they have Bergeron on one side and Krejci on the other. He seemed to control the power play out top with no pressure on him which allowed him to take some great shots.

Good idea on the 5-3 but I think he is better along the wall in the regular 5-4.

00BW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 10:48 AM
  #31
Dellstrom
The new age
 
Dellstrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 17,284
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Password is Taco View Post
He does have a great shot though and it's probably worth a try for a few games
Although he has a bullet, his one-timer is even better. I'd keep him where he is.

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 10:52 AM
  #32
LSCII
Dark Cloud
 
LSCII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Central MA
Country: United States
Posts: 24,015
vCash: 500
271 goals, 437 A. New NHL single season records in both categories...

LSCII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 12:27 PM
  #33
finchster
Registered User
 
finchster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: St Petersburg
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 7,459
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to finchster
Seguin will score enough points so fans are glad we didn't sign Zach "Mr Overated" Parise

finchster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 12:46 PM
  #34
Dojji*
Fight the Hate
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 16,821
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by finchster View Post
Seguin will score enough points so fans are glad we didn't sign Zach "Mr Overated" Parise
I know you're probably just joking, but I have no idea what Seguin and Parise are supposed to do with each other. He'll never score enough points on the right wing that people will care who we sign for left wing.

No, making us not regret signing Parise will be Marchand's job. Or Lucic's. One of the two, or both. With hopefully an assist by one of the youngsters or reclamation projects we picked up for third line LW duties.

Dojji* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 12:49 PM
  #35
Shaun
beauty
 
Shaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Italy
Posts: 21,146
vCash: 50
59pts in 60 games. due to Bettman being a ****

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 12:51 PM
  #36
Dellstrom
The new age
 
Dellstrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 17,284
vCash: 50
Tyler Brown ‏@Tbrown121

I think this will get Marshall a couple toys. #dave&busters @tylerseguin92 pic.twitter.com/z5CKRuoP


He got huge.... Holy ****. The kid is all muscle... He's going to be a pain in the ass to battle with on the ice.

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 01:10 PM
  #37
BLASPHEMOUS
**** the King
 
BLASPHEMOUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Sherbrooke
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,313
vCash: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucic View Post
Tyler Brown ‏@Tbrown121

I think this will get Marshall a couple toys. #dave&busters @tylerseguin92 pic.twitter.com/z5CKRuoP


He got huge.... Holy ****. The kid is all muscle... He's going to be a pain in the ass to battle with on the ice.
Kid could probably eat a few Krispy Kreme doughnuts, but DDDDDDAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNNN

BLASPHEMOUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 03:06 AM
  #38
BottleOfSmoke
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Maine
Country: United States
Posts: 35
vCash: 500
33 - 44 - 77

Assuming there's a full season (or a season at all)

BottleOfSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 09:45 AM
  #39
Mike B.
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 3,172
vCash: 500
I think the big key (besides whether or not there is a season) is whether he can step up and contribute on the power play. If he does, he'll have much better overall numbers. He's certainly shown plenty of flashes on the PP, but the Bruins need him to do it consistently.

I agree he's better on half boards than at the point... except on 4/5-on-3.

Mike B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 03:29 PM
  #40
Central Scrutinizer
Lord of Song
 
Central Scrutinizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,980
vCash: 500
32g 42A....and his first fight.

Central Scrutinizer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 01:57 AM
  #41
BottleOfSmoke
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Maine
Country: United States
Posts: 35
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Scrutinizer View Post
32g 42A....and his first fight.
Galchenyuk?

BottleOfSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 07:30 AM
  #42
ODAAT
Registered User
 
ODAAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,090
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BottleOfSmoke View Post
Galchenyuk?
Nope, Semin, with Seguin sporting a viscious palm print on his face for days afterwards

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 10:13 AM
  #43
BottleOfSmoke
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Maine
Country: United States
Posts: 35
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Nope, Semin, with Seguin sporting a viscious palm print on his face for days afterwards

I thought Semin fought like he was pounding some strange drum?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3_0ukjimpw

BottleOfSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 10:52 AM
  #44
Trap Jesus
Registered User
 
Trap Jesus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 8,924
vCash: 500
I'll say 35 goals, 40 assists

Trap Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 10:55 AM
  #45
Trap Jesus
Registered User
 
Trap Jesus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 8,924
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montecristo View Post
He has to find his role on the PP and I hope Claude realizes it's not on the half wall. Id like him to be used the way kovalchuk is used by the devils setting up high and letting bullets go. We'll see, claude seems to like pevs there...
The half wall is definitely where he should be, he just needs to get his PP time upped, and some better play from the other players. He's one of the best on the team at threading those seam passes, and he can get open for one-timers there as well.

Trap Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 02:29 AM
  #46
Alan Ryan
Registered User
 
Alan Ryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 7,867
vCash: 500
Does Tyler Seguin have the potential to score 100 points?

Bob Mand takes a comprehensive look at it in his article, including statistical analyses, video and expert opinion from Bill Ladd. All very timely for this discussion. Well done Bob.

After leading the OHL in scoring during the 2009-10 season with 106 points, many expected the youngster to step right into the Bruins’ lineup and contribute.

Yet, his eighteen year-old 2010-11 season with the Bruins caused some to back down from similar forecasts until his coming-out party in May: A four-point period against Tampa in game-two of the Eastern Conference Finals.

But it was his age-nineteen season that truly evinced this young forward’s potential. Finishing a remarkable tenth in the League in even-strength per-minute point-production (2.69 P/60m),Tyler Seguin emerged as one of the best forwards in the game. In 2011-12 he became just the first player in five seasons (Thomas Vanek in 2006-07) to finish among the top-thirty scorers in the League while averaging less than seventeen minutes a night.

How brightly will his star shine? Looking at historically similar players gives us some hints. Few players saw such significant production-jumps so early in their careers. Comparable jumps from players’ rookie to sophomore season in recent years include Marian Gaborik, Vincent Lecavalier, Rick Nash, Mike Comrie, and Michal Handzus.

Few players combine Seguin’s elite skating-game and brilliant puck-skills at such a young age. For much of the 2011-12 season, the youngster flirted with point-per-game pace – and analysis of his talents, performance and comparisons with historically similar players imply that 80-90 points should be well within reach.

For all but the true cream of the NHL crop, the century-mark in points requires a perfect storm of fortune and talent. While Tyler Seguin hasn’t proven he belongs alongside the like of Malkin and Crosby – he took great strides in 2011-12 and placed himself in the discussion for elite scoring consideration down the road.


Full article: http://thehockeywriters.com/does-bos...-point-upside/


Last edited by Alan Ryan: 08-17-2012 at 02:54 AM.
Alan Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 07:11 AM
  #47
ODAAT
Registered User
 
ODAAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,090
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Ryan View Post
Bob Mand takes a comprehensive look at it in his article, including statistical analyses, video and expert opinion from Bill Ladd. All very timely for this discussion. Well done Bob.

After leading the OHL in scoring during the 2009-10 season with 106 points, many expected the youngster to step right into the Bruins’ lineup and contribute.

Yet, his eighteen year-old 2010-11 season with the Bruins caused some to back down from similar forecasts until his coming-out party in May: A four-point period against Tampa in game-two of the Eastern Conference Finals.

But it was his age-nineteen season that truly evinced this young forward’s potential. Finishing a remarkable tenth in the League in even-strength per-minute point-production (2.69 P/60m),Tyler Seguin emerged as one of the best forwards in the game. In 2011-12 he became just the first player in five seasons (Thomas Vanek in 2006-07) to finish among the top-thirty scorers in the League while averaging less than seventeen minutes a night.

How brightly will his star shine? Looking at historically similar players gives us some hints. Few players saw such significant production-jumps so early in their careers. Comparable jumps from players’ rookie to sophomore season in recent years include Marian Gaborik, Vincent Lecavalier, Rick Nash, Mike Comrie, and Michal Handzus.

Few players combine Seguin’s elite skating-game and brilliant puck-skills at such a young age. For much of the 2011-12 season, the youngster flirted with point-per-game pace – and analysis of his talents, performance and comparisons with historically similar players imply that 80-90 points should be well within reach.

For all but the true cream of the NHL crop, the century-mark in points requires a perfect storm of fortune and talent. While Tyler Seguin hasn’t proven he belongs alongside the like of Malkin and Crosby – he took great strides in 2011-12 and placed himself in the discussion for elite scoring consideration down the road.


Full article: http://thehockeywriters.com/does-bos...-point-upside/
Good find, although I never heard Chia/Julien and/or Cam ever communicated their 'forecast' as to what they thought he would produce in year one as an 18 year old.

As it is with most fan bases, the difficulty with keeping things in perspective/realistic, are often an issue for us fans, and during year one, those who made the predictions like 20-25 for 45pts were left disappointed/concerned. I thought he would produce a bit more, I was more disappointed with the hesitation to his game, but again, this was more about me forgetting that the kid was just that, a kid, learning to play a man`s game.

Last year he made tremendous strides, and I`m not speaking about his offensive output which is/was great, it was how much he improved away from the puck. In an organization, playing for a coach who insists on defensive adherence, he`ll need to continue that trend of improving, but he showed last season, he`s coachable and willing, two things that are paramount for a young player to getting stronger IMO.

Kid`s going to be special, and were all lucky to have received such a great gift from MLSE

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 07:43 AM
  #48
jw2
Registered User
 
jw2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 2,301
vCash: 643
28-37-67

Still just a kid. Don't want to throw 40-goal expectations on him, yet.

jw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 08:45 AM
  #49
BruinsBtn
HFBoards Sponsor
 
BruinsBtn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 8,543
vCash: 500
He needs to lay off the bicep curls and get on the Crosby leg workouts.

He showed some insane flashes last season, especially early. He could be a 100-point player still.

I think 80 pts next year is the over/under.

BruinsBtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 09:56 AM
  #50
KnightofBoston
MVP
 
KnightofBoston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Amherst, Ma
Country: United States
Posts: 12,434
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw2 View Post
28-37-67

Still just a kid. Don't want to throw 40-goal expectations on him, yet.
So you think he'll fall short of last season eh?

Also, math is fun

KnightofBoston is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:56 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.