HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

Tyler Seguin Projections

Old
08-04-2012, 11:25 AM
ODAAT

vCash: 500
I'll betcha he forces Chia's hand to make a move this year involving another centerman, I'll letcha guess which one I think will be on the move...........hint, it isn't Soupy

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2012, 04:16 PM
Montecristo

My projections for seguin have to be high since being a fan of this team I know a lot is resting on him making the jump to that of a superstar this season. If he doesn't score 40 and becomre a consistent force, this team might be out in the conference semis again. The theory by chiarelli is that the improvements made to the team was the improvement of the current players on the roster and seguin is arguably the most important player in that way. (one could argue tuuka)

I'll say 43 goals, 47 assists with the most important stat being 17 PP goals. He has to find his role on the PP and I hope Claude realizes it's not on the half wall. Id like him to be used the way kovalchuk is used by the devils setting up high and letting bullets go. We'll see, claude seems to like pevs there...

Montecristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2012, 06:37 PM
TSC*
KPD IS ADB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montecristo View Post

I'll say 43 goals, 47 assists with the most important stat being 17 PP goals. He has to find his role on the PP and I hope Claude realizes it's not on the half wall. Id like him to be used the way kovalchuk is used by the devils setting up high and letting bullets go. We'll see, claude seems to like pevs there...

No, God no.

Seguins biggest talent is his vision and ability to create plays. Putting him on the point would be....

wait for it....

Pointless.

TSC* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2012, 06:43 PM
Kiss My Rask
VGHC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSC View Post
No, God no.

Seguins biggest talent is his vision and ability to create plays. Putting him on the point would be....

wait for it....

Pointless.
He does have a great shot though and it's probably worth a try for a few games

Kiss My Rask is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 08:23 AM
00BW

They did try him on the point in the 5-3 power play a couple times just to get him out there since they have Bergeron on one side and Krejci on the other. He seemed to control the power play out top with no pressure on him which allowed him to take some great shots.

Good idea on the 5-3 but I think he is better along the wall in the regular 5-4.

00BW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 10:48 AM
Dellstrom
The new age

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Password is Taco View Post
He does have a great shot though and it's probably worth a try for a few games
Although he has a bullet, his one-timer is even better. I'd keep him where he is.

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 10:52 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

271 goals, 437 A. New NHL single season records in both categories...

LSCII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 12:27 PM
finchster

Send a message via ICQ to finchster
Seguin will score enough points so fans are glad we didn't sign Zach "Mr Overated" Parise

finchster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 12:46 PM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by finchster View Post
Seguin will score enough points so fans are glad we didn't sign Zach "Mr Overated" Parise
I know you're probably just joking, but I have no idea what Seguin and Parise are supposed to do with each other. He'll never score enough points on the right wing that people will care who we sign for left wing.

No, making us not regret signing Parise will be Marchand's job. Or Lucic's. One of the two, or both. With hopefully an assist by one of the youngsters or reclamation projects we picked up for third line LW duties.

Dojji* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 12:49 PM
Shaun
beauty

59pts in 60 games. due to Bettman being a ****

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 12:51 PM
Dellstrom
The new age

Tyler Brown ‏@Tbrown121

I think this will get Marshall a couple toys. #dave&busters @tylerseguin92 pic.twitter.com/z5CKRuoP

He got huge.... Holy ****. The kid is all muscle... He's going to be a pain in the ass to battle with on the ice.

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 01:10 PM
BLASPHEMOUS
**** the King

vCash: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucic View Post
Tyler Brown ‏@Tbrown121

I think this will get Marshall a couple toys. #dave&busters @tylerseguin92 pic.twitter.com/z5CKRuoP

He got huge.... Holy ****. The kid is all muscle... He's going to be a pain in the ass to battle with on the ice.
Kid could probably eat a few Krispy Kreme doughnuts, but DDDDDDAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNNN

BLASPHEMOUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 03:06 AM
BottleOfSmoke

33 - 44 - 77

Assuming there's a full season (or a season at all)

BottleOfSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 09:45 AM
Mike B.

I think the big key (besides whether or not there is a season) is whether he can step up and contribute on the power play. If he does, he'll have much better overall numbers. He's certainly shown plenty of flashes on the PP, but the Bruins need him to do it consistently.

I agree he's better on half boards than at the point... except on 4/5-on-3.

Mike B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 03:29 PM
Central Scrutinizer
Lord of Song

32g 42A....and his first fight.

Central Scrutinizer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 01:57 AM
BottleOfSmoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Scrutinizer View Post
32g 42A....and his first fight.
Galchenyuk?

Old
08-13-2012, 07:30 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BottleOfSmoke View Post
Galchenyuk?
Nope, Semin, with Seguin sporting a viscious palm print on his face for days afterwards

Old
08-13-2012, 10:13 AM
BottleOfSmoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Nope, Semin, with Seguin sporting a viscious palm print on his face for days afterwards

I thought Semin fought like he was pounding some strange drum?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3_0ukjimpw

Old
08-13-2012, 10:52 AM
Trap Jesus

I'll say 35 goals, 40 assists

Trap Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 10:55 AM
Trap Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montecristo View Post
He has to find his role on the PP and I hope Claude realizes it's not on the half wall. Id like him to be used the way kovalchuk is used by the devils setting up high and letting bullets go. We'll see, claude seems to like pevs there...
The half wall is definitely where he should be, he just needs to get his PP time upped, and some better play from the other players. He's one of the best on the team at threading those seam passes, and he can get open for one-timers there as well.

Trap Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 02:29 AM
Alan Ryan

Does Tyler Seguin have the potential to score 100 points?

Bob Mand takes a comprehensive look at it in his article, including statistical analyses, video and expert opinion from Bill Ladd. All very timely for this discussion. Well done Bob.

After leading the OHL in scoring during the 2009-10 season with 106 points, many expected the youngster to step right into the Bruins’ lineup and contribute.

Yet, his eighteen year-old 2010-11 season with the Bruins caused some to back down from similar forecasts until his coming-out party in May: A four-point period against Tampa in game-two of the Eastern Conference Finals.

But it was his age-nineteen season that truly evinced this young forward’s potential. Finishing a remarkable tenth in the League in even-strength per-minute point-production (2.69 P/60m),Tyler Seguin emerged as one of the best forwards in the game. In 2011-12 he became just the first player in five seasons (Thomas Vanek in 2006-07) to finish among the top-thirty scorers in the League while averaging less than seventeen minutes a night.

How brightly will his star shine? Looking at historically similar players gives us some hints. Few players saw such significant production-jumps so early in their careers. Comparable jumps from players’ rookie to sophomore season in recent years include Marian Gaborik, Vincent Lecavalier, Rick Nash, Mike Comrie, and Michal Handzus.

Few players combine Seguin’s elite skating-game and brilliant puck-skills at such a young age. For much of the 2011-12 season, the youngster flirted with point-per-game pace – and analysis of his talents, performance and comparisons with historically similar players imply that 80-90 points should be well within reach.

For all but the true cream of the NHL crop, the century-mark in points requires a perfect storm of fortune and talent. While Tyler Seguin hasn’t proven he belongs alongside the like of Malkin and Crosby – he took great strides in 2011-12 and placed himself in the discussion for elite scoring consideration down the road.

Full article: http://thehockeywriters.com/does-bos...-point-upside/

Last edited by Alan Ryan: 08-17-2012 at 02:54 AM.
Alan Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 07:11 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Ryan View Post
Bob Mand takes a comprehensive look at it in his article, including statistical analyses, video and expert opinion from Bill Ladd. All very timely for this discussion. Well done Bob.

After leading the OHL in scoring during the 2009-10 season with 106 points, many expected the youngster to step right into the Bruins’ lineup and contribute.

Yet, his eighteen year-old 2010-11 season with the Bruins caused some to back down from similar forecasts until his coming-out party in May: A four-point period against Tampa in game-two of the Eastern Conference Finals.

But it was his age-nineteen season that truly evinced this young forward’s potential. Finishing a remarkable tenth in the League in even-strength per-minute point-production (2.69 P/60m),Tyler Seguin emerged as one of the best forwards in the game. In 2011-12 he became just the first player in five seasons (Thomas Vanek in 2006-07) to finish among the top-thirty scorers in the League while averaging less than seventeen minutes a night.

How brightly will his star shine? Looking at historically similar players gives us some hints. Few players saw such significant production-jumps so early in their careers. Comparable jumps from players’ rookie to sophomore season in recent years include Marian Gaborik, Vincent Lecavalier, Rick Nash, Mike Comrie, and Michal Handzus.

Few players combine Seguin’s elite skating-game and brilliant puck-skills at such a young age. For much of the 2011-12 season, the youngster flirted with point-per-game pace – and analysis of his talents, performance and comparisons with historically similar players imply that 80-90 points should be well within reach.

For all but the true cream of the NHL crop, the century-mark in points requires a perfect storm of fortune and talent. While Tyler Seguin hasn’t proven he belongs alongside the like of Malkin and Crosby – he took great strides in 2011-12 and placed himself in the discussion for elite scoring consideration down the road.

Full article: http://thehockeywriters.com/does-bos...-point-upside/
Good find, although I never heard Chia/Julien and/or Cam ever communicated their 'forecast' as to what they thought he would produce in year one as an 18 year old.

As it is with most fan bases, the difficulty with keeping things in perspective/realistic, are often an issue for us fans, and during year one, those who made the predictions like 20-25 for 45pts were left disappointed/concerned. I thought he would produce a bit more, I was more disappointed with the hesitation to his game, but again, this was more about me forgetting that the kid was just that, a kid, learning to play a man`s game.

Last year he made tremendous strides, and I`m not speaking about his offensive output which is/was great, it was how much he improved away from the puck. In an organization, playing for a coach who insists on defensive adherence, he`ll need to continue that trend of improving, but he showed last season, he`s coachable and willing, two things that are paramount for a young player to getting stronger IMO.

Kid`s going to be special, and were all lucky to have received such a great gift from MLSE

Old
08-17-2012, 07:43 AM
jw2

vCash: 643
28-37-67

Still just a kid. Don't want to throw 40-goal expectations on him, yet.

jw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 08:45 AM
BruinsBtn
HFBoards Sponsor

He needs to lay off the bicep curls and get on the Crosby leg workouts.

He showed some insane flashes last season, especially early. He could be a 100-point player still.

I think 80 pts next year is the over/under.

BruinsBtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 09:56 AM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw2 View Post
28-37-67

Still just a kid. Don't want to throw 40-goal expectations on him, yet.
So you think he'll fall short of last season eh?

Also, math is fun

KnightofBoston is online now   Reply With Quote