HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

N.H.L.F.A (National Hockey League Fan Association (Would You Join)

Old
08-10-2012, 07:00 PM
Jigger77

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey View Post
Throwing ice cubes at the sun
yep, well said.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 07:10 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
In defense of the players, who's idea was it to put hockey into non-traditional markets in order to "expand" the game? It was surely Bettman and his "league of governors" who had they're say in that. Now who is crying wolf because said teams cannot compete in today's CBA climate?

I call that the boy who cried Wolf, personally.
And if we didn't expand a lot of those players wouldn't have an NHL job. Goes both ways.

If players don't get that if teams struggle, there will be issues, that's their problem. Reality is, if expansion teams can have an even playing field, they will grow and in turn they will spend to the cap.

What's better, 10 teams who spend to a high cap or 30 who spend to a slightly lower one?

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 08:10 PM
canadiensnation
Go Habs Go

i would........but then we would want to get paid

canadiensnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 02:42 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
I get your point but it would never work.

If the fans organize, boycott and demand that the tickets go down 25%, there are at least 20,000 + fans in each city who would look at that as a chance to see a game in some really good seats that were previously locked up by season ticket holders.

Its a business. If they play, they play. If they strike, they strike. We have no control over that since there are too many variables beyond our control.

It is frustrating though.

You might be right , but i dunno if i feel it is right .I mean you take 21,000 out, i think it's tough to put another new 21,000 in to be honest.....if demand was so great there wouldn't have been empty seats last year in Bell.....It would take the majority of all fans to buy in , including non season ticket holders etc.....

This isn't like if you don't pay your power bill you lose your electricity, in the NHL if fans stop paying TICKETS prices GO DOWN look at other markets,when fans start staying away out come the we love you ticket prices...

It's a rigged game for NHL, they just keep upping tickets every year, then claim leauge so healthy increased revenue,when it just gouging the fans ,and what do ya get in return? they lock fans out not 1 time not 2 ,now coming on 3 TIMES. So when they do come back SAME OLD STORY we're sorry fans, were back, and will only raise ticket prices 50% in next 5 years.....lol

I love to see the fans fight back,because NHL spits in the fans faces (lockouts)
The player and NHL fight over fans money, i think it's fair the fans start fighting back ,due to seeing how little respect is given to fans .

Your team finishes last , that shouldn't give anyone a right to raise ticket prices it's a joke and it highlight the the problem.

How is it ticket prices NEVER go down? yes because they keep asking for more and fans pay it ....taking out bank loans to pay for season tickets....will there be a day were you can buy season tickets and pay over 5 years for them just like a car? lol

It's really out of hand when it's cheaper to fly south to watch hockey.....retarded...

Last edited by Habaneros: 08-11-2012 at 03:12 AM.
Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 03:19 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/03/21...s-not-changing
Quote:
The Maple Leafs, about to miss the playoffs for the seventh straight season, aren't raising ticket prices in 2012-13.

Subscribers were notified this week by Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment that the hockey club would hold the line, as expected, given the already heavy price and lack of success to justify an increase. According to Team Marketing Report at the start of the season, the Leafs led the NHL with an average ticket price of $123.77 US, more than twice the NHL average of $57.39.

Quote:

http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.ph...r_next_season/

Ducks Reduce 40% Of Season Ticket Prices For Next Season

by Paul on 02/21/12 at 02:58 PM ET
Comments (0)

ANAHEIM, Calif. - The National Hockey League’s (NHL’s) Anaheim Ducks announced today the club’s season ticket pricing for the 2012-13 campaign. All ticket prices will either be reduced or remain flat. The average season ticket price will decrease 4.8%, with reductions ranging from 2% to 35% per ticket. In total, 40% of season ticket holders will see a reduction in price, with 60% remaining flat to this season.

Season tickets prices for the 2012-13 season start at just $12 per game. Examples of the ticket price reduction include: Terrace Main East ($34 reduced to $22), Terrace Main West ($34 to $24), Terrace Lower East ($40 to $35). The club will also reduce prices on some Plaza level (lower bowl) seating to $50. Ducks season ticket holders are always guaranteed the lowest price on game tickets.

Old
08-11-2012, 03:25 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

this is pure disrespect ,this is gouging fans period.

Quote:

http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.ph...n_game_ticket/

Would You Pay Over $200 For A Pre-Season Game Ticket?

from Pat Hickey of the Montreal Gazette,

When the Canadiens and the Bruins staged a rematch at the Bell Centre Monday night, there were a few family zone tickets in the $20-41 range, but the top price for a platinum seat was $249. Fans in the Club Desjardins section paid $206, but they were also able to stuff themselves with hot dogs and soda.

It should be noted that the fans received a bit of break because the Canadiens are one of the growing number of teams which have adopted a sliding scale of ticket prices and fans are required to pay a premium for certain games. For example, when the Bruins play at the Bell Centre on Feb. 15, the top ticket will cost $406. The whites - think nosebleed territory - start at $120.

And what did the fans get to see for their money? A hybrid Canadiens lineup with more hopefuls than established NHLers.

Old
08-11-2012, 03:26 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
this is the kind of idea high-schoolers or college hippies think of

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 03:36 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

http://blogs.montrealgazette.com/201...other-lockout/

The average NHL ticket price has increased 39% since 2004 when Gary Bettman promised fans a salary cap would lower ticket prices.”

Old
08-11-2012, 07:26 AM
ti-vite

Just vote for Rory

ti-vite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 07:58 AM
Vasculio
Booya !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ti-vite View Post
Just vote for Rory
Those were good times

Vasculio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 08:13 AM
Habitant le colon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ti-vite View Post
Just vote for Rory
we shall vote for Gomez on All Stars roster ... that the better part of the bitter ... they **** us we **** them !!

Habitant le colon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 11:49 AM
evilstanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitant le colon View Post
we shall vote for Gomez on All Stars roster ...

brilliant

evilstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 12:13 PM
Prust Y U MAD Bruins*

Completely childish idea. The players would probably laugh at this idea thinking how retarded some fanatic fans are.

Stop dreaming you are as important as the players. That you are on the same level as them. You guys aren't. Get back to your daily jobs.

Last edited by Prust Y U MAD Bruins*: 08-11-2012 at 12:21 PM.
Prust Y U MAD Bruins* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 02:22 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
You might be right , but i dunno if i feel it is right .I mean you take 21,000 out, i think it's tough to put another new 21,000 in to be honest.....if demand was so great there wouldn't have been empty seats last year in Bell.....It would take the majority of all fans to buy in , including non season ticket holders etc.....

This isn't like if you don't pay your power bill you lose your electricity, in the NHL if fans stop paying TICKETS prices GO DOWN look at other markets,when fans start staying away out come the we love you ticket prices...

It's a rigged game for NHL, they just keep upping tickets every year, then claim leauge so healthy increased revenue,when it just gouging the fans ,and what do ya get in return? they lock fans out not 1 time not 2 ,now coming on 3 TIMES. So when they do come back SAME OLD STORY we're sorry fans, were back, and will only raise ticket prices 50% in next 5 years.....lol

I love to see the fans fight back,because NHL spits in the fans faces (lockouts)
The player and NHL fight over fans money, i think it's fair the fans start fighting back ,due to seeing how little respect is given to fans .

Your team finishes last , that shouldn't give anyone a right to raise ticket prices it's a joke and it highlight the the problem.

How is it ticket prices NEVER go down? yes because they keep asking for more and fans pay it ....taking out bank loans to pay for season tickets....will there be a day were you can buy season tickets and pay over 5 years for them just like a car? lol

It's really out of hand when it's cheaper to fly south to watch hockey.....retarded...
I agree with you.

However, like someone said earlier that makes the most sense.......its like throwing ice cubes at the sun.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 02:39 PM
29dryden29

vCash: 50
Hell I would pay 20 bucks to be part of this then we could go against the NHL lol.

29dryden29 is offline   Reply With Quote