HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Mega deal?

Closed Thread

Old
12-03-2003, 09:28 AM
kraigus

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to kraigus Send a message via MSN to kraigus
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabi_sultan
im sure you'll remember the arguments (on this board anyway) is that Ethan will leave because he earns too much. If people were given the option to keep Moreau at the same price/paycut we would have all said yes as he is very consistent in his play.
... and some of us weren't sure he'd be leaving at all. I'd offer proof from old threads from the summer, but I know I said trading Moreau would be a mistake, and unless he asked for the moon he had to be kept.

Call me a liar if you like, Sakich, but first point to where "everybody" agreed.

I think it's pretty clear that the guys who are being counted on to produce the most, aren't. I'm an Isbister supporter, and he should get more chances I think, but he's one of them (he's been hurt, yeah). Smyth is another - he's been playing third line, but he's also been playing PP and he hasn't scored from there either. (Who has?) etc. The only reason, IMO, the Oilers are as well off as they are is the surprises - Torres, Moreau (although I'm not surprised), and even Stoll.

Old
12-03-2003, 09:30 AM
rabi_sultan

Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
everybody should just wait until Reasoner returns so that we end up having that third line back, the second (york) line is there plus Oates on the first (hopefully) and a fourth line made of the rest and we'll be great!!! well 5on5 in any case

Old
12-03-2003, 09:59 AM
Cowboy

Send a message via MSN to Cowboy Send a message via Yahoo to Cowboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabi_sultan
everybody should just wait until Reasoner returns so that we end up having that third line back, the second (york) line is there plus Oates on the first (hopefully) and a fourth line made of the rest and we'll be great!!! well 5on5 in any case
Very true, when Reasoner comes back, the lines are pretty much set. Mac won't stray from the TorYorkDvo line, theres probably a 95% chance that RPM will be back together, Oates Smyth and Hemsky guarenteed won't play 4th line minutes, which means they are on the same line . Good, so does everybody agree that when Reasoner comes back, the Oilers will be back on track and ready to roll.

Old
12-03-2003, 10:33 AM
rabi_sultan

Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
well pretty much yeah, i'd say that lady luck was with the oilers last week when they were winning and scoring goals coz the crappy pp, pk and defensive mistakes were still there. Whats changed since then goalscoring thats it.

Old
12-03-2003, 03:52 PM
Mr Sakich

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraigus
... and some of us weren't sure he'd be leaving at all. I'd offer proof from old threads from the summer, but I know I said trading Moreau would be a mistake, and unless he asked for the moon he had to be kept.

Call me a liar if you like, Sakich, but first point to where "everybody" agreed.

I think it's pretty clear that the guys who are being counted on to produce the most, aren't. I'm an Isbister supporter, and he should get more chances I think, but he's one of them (he's been hurt, yeah). Smyth is another - he's been playing third line, but he's also been playing PP and he hasn't scored from there either. (Who has?) etc. The only reason, IMO, the Oilers are as well off as they are is the surprises - Torres, Moreau (although I'm not surprised), and even Stoll.
nobody here is a liar. What I meant by my post is that all of the experts knew that ethan was headed out of town. The only two guys who didn't want him gone were mact and lowe. Right now, we don't know who they really like or who they wouldn't mind seeing on the next bus to palookaville.

I don't think it will be smith. Last year he returned from his shoulder injury and that game was the first oiler win in 5 or 6. Mact said "this is no coincidence"

I would like to have been a fly on the wall during that evaluation meeting today.

Closed Thread