HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NYR Season-by-Season history

Old
08-11-2012, 06:19 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

vCash: 500
NYR Season-by-Season history

Someone posted a comparison of salaries for various jobs in Canada and compared them to what was the salary cap way back towards the beginning of the NHL's history. He used a site breaking down the Rangers 1933-34 season, which led me on a hunt for more. Here's what I found, for those interested:

Quote:
Our season-by-season look back at the history of the New York Rangers tradition is a work in progress, requiring exhaustive research. So far, we're up to 1934-35 -- the ninth year of the Blueshirts. Enjoy these past years and look for more to come.
That's from the page for the 1934-35 season. None of the links for the previous seasons work on that page. None of the other seasons have links to any other seasons. The "Five Things You Should Know" sections at the bottom of each of these are great.

1926-27
1927-28
1928-29
1929-30
1930-31
1931-32
1932-33
1933-34
1934-35

I have no idea when they did this, although similar page IDs in the sequence seem to indicate sometime in 09 or 10. If so, it's a shame they didn't continue.

Tawnos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 12:19 PM
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94

All I care about is the 2012-2013 season

HeaveHo94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 12:35 PM
CM PUNK

good find...

interesting note from year 1 on conn smythe...sounds like msg had the same management stupidity problems from day 1 thru the lockout LOL

and LOL @ Lorne Shabotsky and Joe Rocco

CM PUNK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 01:53 PM
n1cON
bleeds blue ! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
Someone posted a comparison of salaries for various jobs in Canada and compared them to what was the salary cap way back towards the beginning of the NHL's history. He used a site breaking down the Rangers 1933-34 season, which led me on a hunt for more. Here's what I found, for those interested:

That's from the page for the 1934-35 season. None of the links for the previous seasons work on that page. None of the other seasons have links to any other seasons. The "Five Things You Should Know" sections at the bottom of each of these are great.

1926-27
1927-28
1928-29
1929-30
1930-31
1931-32
1932-33
1933-34
1934-35

I have no idea when they did this, although similar page IDs in the sequence seem to indicate sometime in 09 or 10. If so, it's a shame they didn't continue.

Thx for sharing this, good read about the older stuff

n1cON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 02:32 PM
alkurtz

Just as many players say that it is an honor to wear an Original Six uniform, we, as fans of an Original Six team have an obligation and responsibility to honor and remember our team's history.

My Ranger memories go back to the late 1950s. I remember my Dad telling me about going to games at MSG in the 1930s. He particularly recalled rivalry games against the NY Americans and Ranger Dman Ching Johnson.

I certainly told my kids, one of whom is a regular poster here, about Bathgate, Howell, and all the other Rangers of those old days. I told them many tales of my days as a season ticket holder in the blueseats during the GAG line/Giacomin era.

Baseball is the ultimate sport when it comes to keeping history alive and maintaining a legacy. But Original Six teams and their history are a close second.

Reading about the early days of team is fascinating. All those old guys were once young and strong. All those old fans were young and passionate.

Although todays game and players are infinately better, every player who donned a Ranger sweater is part of our history and I take great pleasure in remembering Gump Worsley as I watch the amazing Lundqvist.

alkurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 08:59 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Read Frank Boucher's book "When The Rangers Were Young". Confirms a lot of what is written here.

Fun to read these, thanks for sharing these links.

A lot of the NHL's current issues were issues back as far as the 20's. Odd ball ideas to increase scoring, small market clubs leeching off big market clubs, hold outs, on ice controversy.

I wish i could have witnessed the Rangers-Americans rivalry. It puts any current rivalry with the Devils, and Islanders to shame. It was a profound thing. Deeper than what the Islanders or Devils can provide. Two teams birthed in the same arena. Competing for the same fan base. It wasn't only on the ice either. The players and franchises genuinely despised each other.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote