HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Huet signs with Lausanne

Old
08-11-2012, 02:59 PM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaner Coffee View Post
I feel like this guy is hated on too much by Hawks fans. Was hoping he'd get another shot in the NHL, but still congrats to him and hopefully he is successful for this team.
No it is warranted. I fully anticipated he would have been great for Chicago, having watched him in Montreal and his brief stint in Washington. Alas, the one issue Huet had plagued him once again. His mentality is more fragile than glass. If he is challenged by another goalie (Price, Niemi) he completely sinks and once that spiral begins. It seems there is a 50/50 he pulls out of it. While he was great for the Habs, I have never seen a goalie quite so easily shaken.

Bourne Endeavor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 03:11 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
No it is warranted. I fully anticipated he would have been great for Chicago, having watched him in Montreal and his brief stint in Washington. Alas, the one issue Huet had plagued him once again. His mentality is more fragile than glass. If he is challenged by another goalie (Price, Niemi) he completely sinks and once that spiral begins. It seems there is a 50/50 he pulls out of it. While he was great for the Habs, I have never seen a goalie quite so easily shaken.
He got challenged by both Price and Halak. The guy isn't as fragile as you make him out to be. Maybe he just wasn't worth the contract? There no need to justify his poor play at times. In montreal sometimes he'd be frozen in a shootout and sometimes he'd be positionally sound. He's just not a complete goalie. I bet in certain systems he'd thrive and in others he'd look like a backup.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 04:07 PM
Coldplay
Courage

BWC with some final whinage, some things never change.

Au revoir, Cris.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 04:10 PM
Pyrophorus

Send a message via MSN to Pyrophorus Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrophorus Send a message via Skype™ to Pyrophorus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsforlife98 View Post
As a Leaf fan, I honestly wouldnt have minded if he paired with Reimer to help mentor him and give some stability to the position
No. The mentoring would be the LONE positive aspect, he would bring.
It sure wouldn't be his play.

Pyrophorus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 04:11 PM
tony d
Honey Nut Cheerios

A bit of a surprise here given all the rumours of him returning to the NHL. Oh well best of luck to him over there.

08-11-2012, 04:14 PM
Pyrophorus

Send a message via MSN to Pyrophorus Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrophorus Send a message via Skype™ to Pyrophorus
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCool16 View Post
Why him? There are lots of goalies out there who can do that and probably play at the same level Huet did. Like Giguere from the last couple years. Did it really help all that much?

Besides, won't you have Luongo for that in a couple months?
This is the time when Canucks fans say "Lu's value just went up"

Pyrophorus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 05:11 PM
Belenos

Lausanne is a team of the second highest league of Switzerland. They did not great last season and probably won't do with an aging goalie next season.

Belenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 05:16 PM
n00bxQb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrophorus View Post
This is the time when Canucks fans say "Lu's value just went up"
8 months from now, Leafs fans will say, "Maybe next year."

n00bxQb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 05:18 PM
Tie Domi Esquire
;;

Canada got disqualified in the 4x100 race, Luongo's value just keeps rising!

Tie Domi Esquire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 05:41 PM
JackJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00bxQb View Post
8 months from now, Leafs fans will say, "Maybe next year."
Likewise.

JackJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 07:37 PM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
Surprising, but I'm sure he took the stability of a four-year contract overseas into account over the possibility, not even guarantee, of a one-year contract here in North America.

Still don't think he's as bad as other Hawks fans say. Don't know about now, because he's older, but back then he wasn't so terrible. I'm just happy they won the Cup in 09-10; I don't care how Huet played that year. If anything he was way overpaid, like I've said multiple times. He was payed like a starter when he signed in Chicago because that's what he was expected to be. It didn't happen and the Hawks were left with a very expensive backup.

He'll likely never play in the League again, but he had a good career here, Stanley Cup and all.

Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 07:55 PM
spezz19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belenos View Post
Lausanne is a team of the second highest league of Switzerland. They did not great last season and probably won't do with an aging goalie next season.
We did great last season. The 4 last games of the play-offs were another story though.

As for the aging argument, he showed last season that he was good enough to finish 4th in terms of saving percentage in the NLA. Again, play-offs were another story, but he should provide much more stability in front of our net. And it's not even close, especially when also taking the experience argument into account.

spezz19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 08:26 PM
Shinsuke Nakamura
King of Strong Style

Good for Huet. I know he had some godawful stretches in the NHL, but during his time in Montreal, he had something like 7 shutouts in a 20 game span. It was ridiculous.

Shinsuke Nakamura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 08:47 PM
ProstheticConscience
Dystemper

Rumours of Huet signing in Vancouver proven false.

Oh darn.

ProstheticConscience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 09:20 PM
helicon1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProstheticConscience View Post
Rumours of Huet signing in Vancouver proven false.

Oh darn.
I can sense your frustration. Just be patient. I'm sure some day Vancouver will be blessed with a goalie of Huet's calibre.

helicon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 09:23 PM
Henrik To Daniel

dammit

Henrik To Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 10:05 PM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
He got challenged by both Price and Halak. The guy isn't as fragile as you make him out to be. Maybe he just wasn't worth the contract? There no need to justify his poor play at times. In montreal sometimes he'd be frozen in a shootout and sometimes he'd be positionally sound. He's just not a complete goalie. I bet in certain systems he'd thrive and in others he'd look like a backup.
His stats took a sharp dive once Price was called up, only to rise when Price was put back in the minors, then dropped again when Price was called up. I do not recall Halak challenging him at any point and while I acknowledge management played a stupid game given the season Huet was having. He simply is that fragile. What happened in Chicago emulated the Price scenario. The difference being Chicago gives up significantly more chances due to their style, thus Huet was exposed more frequently.

Bourne Endeavor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 10:09 PM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

Too bad to see he didn't sign with a West Coast team.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 10:29 PM
Shawnathon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
His stats took a sharp dive once Price was called up, only to rise when Price was put back in the minors, then dropped again when Price was called up. I do not recall Halak challenging him at any point and while I acknowledge management played a stupid game given the season Huet was having. He simply is that fragile. What happened in Chicago emulated the Price scenario. The difference being Chicago gives up significantly more chances due to their style, thus Huet was exposed more frequently.
Halak was still very raw when Huet was in Montreal. And it turned out to be an awful decision to trade him because Price single handedly cost the habs the Philly series in 2008. It was pretty clear after those playoffs that Price was rushed way to fast. Regardless of him putting up good stats in the regular season. That' being said, I highly doubt Huet has anything to offer at this point so it's probably best he's back in the Swiss league.

Shawnathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 03:29 AM
needle

Huet is a POS.

needle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 07:22 AM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tie Domi Esquire View Post
Canada got disqualified in the 4x100 race, Luongo's value just keeps rising!
and Sweden wins a gold in diving going to Sedin

USA picks up the silver going to Kesley also in diving

All joking a side Lou Is not a bad goalie , but his contract hurts his value . For people saying he choked in the finals , I say the whole team choked . What was Lou to do score the goals too . Canadian teams and fans are too hard on goalies . lose a game 1 0 and it is the goalies fault should have stop that 1 . I know as oiler fan we love to blame our goalies , but what goalies could have got us into the playoffs the last few years ? I would take Lou on the Oilers if he ever would ok a trade to them , not going to happen .

If Van needs a goalie as a backup once Lou is trade just get one back in the deal . But from all i hear Lack should be ready for back up duties . Players need to be pushed to get better . Lack has done all he can in the AHL . 20 to 30 games this year as a backup can do him a world of good , if he falters go out and get a back

Last edited by supert: 08-12-2012 at 07:35 AM.
supert is online now   Reply With Quote