HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Tim Murray from Lake Placid

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-10-2012, 02:06 PM
  #1
TooLow494
Registered User
 
TooLow494's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 532
vCash: 500
Tim Murray from Lake Placid

An always interesting interview with Tim Murray coming up on Team 1200

TooLow494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 03:02 PM
  #2
Pietraneglo222
WwWwW
 
Pietraneglo222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Gatineau
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,271
vCash: 500
crap, missed it.

Pietraneglo222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 03:28 PM
  #3
DJB
Sens best prospect
 
DJB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,768
vCash: 820
update?

DJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 03:29 PM
  #4
Minister of Offence
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 23,026
vCash: 500
fail

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 03:48 PM
  #5
Karlstrobe
Lazer Lazar
 
Karlstrobe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 544
vCash: 500
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151085179069730

Talks about Zibby, prospect development, Butler buyout, Alfie, Lockout, Next years expectations a bit. Good listen.

Karlstrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 03:48 PM
  #6
Pietraneglo222
WwWwW
 
Pietraneglo222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Gatineau
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,271
vCash: 500
up http://www.facebook.com/video/video....51085179069730

edit: beaten by a 2011'er

Pietraneglo222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 05:05 PM
  #7
WantEggRoll
Registered User
 
WantEggRoll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,757
vCash: 177
Of note to me was that he praised Matt Puempel so that is nice to hear after seeing him thrown into every deal. Ideally it would nice if all three first rounders panned out from 2011.

WantEggRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 05:09 PM
  #8
Marvelous Manked
Part Time Drag Queen
 
Marvelous Manked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sudbury/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,277
vCash: 50
I'd just like to remind everyone that just because a prospect is included in proposed trades, doesn't mean an entire fanbase has soured on him or anything. It could also mean that that player is extremely valuable to other teams and could help fill a need on your team.

Marvelous Manked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 07:14 PM
  #9
derriko
Registered User
 
derriko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Indianapolis
Country: United States
Posts: 2,916
vCash: 4116
So he mentioned that Puempel has improved in other categories besides his offense. I've read that before as well and saw that in Bingo, I wholeheartedly agree.

If he could turn into a more reliable defensive player, with his shot, offensive instincts, and hands, I think we're gonna love him, though I see another year of junior + 1 in bingo before he's ready.

Seeing as though he has bulked up a lot too will do wonders for his game. I think for a late first, it was a great value pick

derriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 07:17 PM
  #10
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek
 
ReginKarlssonLehner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 21,447
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by derriko View Post
So he mentioned that Puempel has improved in other categories besides his offense. I've read that before as well and saw that in Bingo, I wholeheartedly agree.

If he could turn into a more reliable defensive player, with his shot, offensive instincts, and hands, I think we're gonna love him, though I see another year of junior + 1 in bingo before he's ready.

Seeing as though he has bulked up a lot too will do wonders for his game. I think for a late first, it was a great value pick
He was in the discussion for top 5 pick, previously, so it's not like he was a player who's potential was based off only what our scouts saw. He always had that promising side to him, I just hope he fulfills it.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 07:31 PM
  #11
Minister of Offence
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 23,026
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manked View Post
I'd just like to remind everyone that just because a prospect is included in proposed trades, doesn't mean an entire fanbase has soured on him or anything. It could also mean that that player is extremely valuable to other teams and could help fill a need on your team.
Worth mentioning but in Puempel's case it's...

A prospect who has yet to appease the fan base in general with numbers, but a prospect everyone's heard of so they feel other teams may value him more than we do. And so no one's become emotinally attached to him so it's easy to part with him but he has value so might as well throw him in every deal.

Lately we've heard from a BSens fan that Puempel looked like he could have played in the AHL all year last year and we've heard Tim Murray praise him. People in general just need some patience...that's not to say it's going to work out but you do have to let things play out a bit.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 07:15 PM
  #12
koreaboy
Registered User
 
koreaboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,667
vCash: 500
sounds like he was really down on how butler treated last offseason. he came as close as someone is going to come to totally trashing a player in the press without seeming to actually do it. sounds like butler took it easy last summer and they were very disappointed in his preparation and conditioning.

koreaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 08:23 PM
  #13
Minister of Offence
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 23,026
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by koreaboy View Post
sounds like he was really down on how butler treated last offseason. he came as close as someone is going to come to totally trashing a player in the press without seeming to actually do it. sounds like butler took it easy last summer and they were very disappointed in his preparation and conditioning.
I was at practice last year and MacLean had them do lines to finish practice.

Butler struggled.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 08:31 PM
  #14
derriko
Registered User
 
derriko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Indianapolis
Country: United States
Posts: 2,916
vCash: 4116
But think if your in his shoes. I mean, these are professional athletes and all, but they are humans.

Just like Tim said, and what I said when NJ signed him, that his success was probably bad for him. Your a rookie in the pros, you lead the AHL in goals for the first half of the season, you get to the show and get first line and pp minutes, and then you win a Calder championship in your first year.

I think even some of the most humble people would've let that get to their head. Just think, he got like 1.5 months off after an extremely long season, and he has hundreds of thousands in his bank account.

derriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 08:56 PM
  #15
koreaboy
Registered User
 
koreaboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,667
vCash: 500
it shows you just how special guys like alfie are. you are the absolute king in your home market, everyone pumps your tires for a year or two or 5, and its easy to let that get to your head and take it easy. for guys to work on themselves and push and battle and keep fit for 10-15-20 years is really incredible.

but at the same time, if someone is paying you millions and millions to play a game, you better be prepared to do that. its hard to excuse butler for showing up last fall not in top shape and ready to improve.

koreaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 09:01 PM
  #16
Qward
Moderator
Because! That's why!
 
Qward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Behind you, look out
Posts: 13,276
vCash: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
I was at practice last year and MacLean had them do lines to finish practice.

Butler struggled.

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 09:05 PM
  #17
DefenseMinister
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,498
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
This is a clear Maclean coaching technique that allows the players to have the energy to adhere to his 200 ft style.

That Butler struggled with this tells me that he didn't get everything out of his college experience that he should have.

DefenseMinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 09:25 PM
  #18
topshelf15
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,458
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
Mary Jane isnt good enough for our boys

topshelf15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 09:26 PM
  #19
Minister of Offence
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 23,026
vCash: 500
Did I studder?

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 09:34 PM
  #20
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"
 
BonkTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Bogor, IDN
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,570
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
I was at practice last year and MacLean had them do lines to finish practice.

Butler struggled.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefenseMinister View Post
This is a clear Maclean coaching technique that allows the players to have the energy to adhere to his 200 ft style.

That Butler struggled with this tells me that he didn't get everything out of his college experience that he should have.

BonkTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 09:51 PM
  #21
John Holmes*
Spuds MacLean™
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 5,214
vCash: 87
Alfie also had more time to figure it out if he needed it.

Nobody was taking a job away from Alfredsson in 1995.

Butler had no margin for error. There is too much of a backlog to be too patient with any player, and that is a very different circumstance than Alfie faced.

Not to slight Alfredsson in the least. Obviously his longevity and 1000 point career speaks for itself.

John Holmes* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 10:04 PM
  #22
DefenseMinister
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,498
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Holmes View Post
Alfie also had more time to figure it out if he needed it.

Nobody was taking a job away from Alfredsson in 1995.

Butler had no margin for error. There is too much of a backlog to be too patient with any player, and that is a very different circumstance than Alfie faced.

Not to slight Alfredsson in the least. Obviously his longevity and 1000 point career speaks for itself.
I would say that more than anything else, Alfie's Calder trophy probably guaranteed him 3-4 years of uninterrupted goodwill.

Regardless of the state your franchise is in, a player who puts together a season as thoroughly terrible as Butler did last year will punch their ticket off the NHL roster pretty much every time.

DefenseMinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 10:17 PM
  #23
DylanSensFan
Walk On!
 
DylanSensFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,483
vCash: 1470
in other words, Butler had other prospect breathing down his neck and he shat the bed... it happens.

DylanSensFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:13 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.