HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Team with highest combined trade value

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-11-2012, 10:56 PM
  #26
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor
 
xX Hot Fuss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,394
vCash: 500
PIT at #1 easy

Chicago: Toews, Kane, Sharp, Hossa, Keith Seabrook, Leddy, Bolland, Saad and Tuevo

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 11:00 PM
  #27
Imlach a cup
Registered User
 
Imlach a cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backlund View Post
Pittsburgh. I'd trade half my team for Crosby and Malkin.
Come let's get real half your team wouldn't get you a signed jersey from those guys. Surprised so little love for Phillys roster. And while LAs roster is deep but there aren't many players I would mortgage the farm for. Goalies are meh in this league great 1 or 2 seasons then everyone complains they're overpaid and #1 Dman still don't return top centers. I like Kopitar but he's not the most valuable center in the league. Giroux, Malkin, Crosby and Stamkos hold so much value that they pretty much eclipse that second tier of all star players. How many carters and browns is one of those worth?

Imlach a cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 11:10 PM
  #28
dan1el
Registered User
 
dan1el's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,649
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFan1967 View Post
just use the formula

Top end Talent + Ranking + Depth + Youth

Pitt clear #1

other high value teams

Los Angeles
Boston
St Louis
Chicago
Rangers

in 2-4 years add

Ottawa
Edmonton
Colorado
This is exactly what I was thinking, except I'd add Minnesota. They have Parise, Suter, Koivu, Backstrom, plus a top-3 prospect pool in the league.

dan1el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 11:10 PM
  #29
Ched Brosky
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,867
vCash: 500
Pittsburgh. People saying EDM are out to lunch. If I were Pittsburgh, the only way I trade Crosby or Malkin to EDM is if Nail + RNH + Hall were coming back. For both it would take Nail + RNH + Hall + Eberle +++. the remaining pieces wouldn't even be enough for Letang + Neal + Fleury let the rest of the Pens and their prospects.

Pittsburgh
LA
Boston/Philadelphia
Vancouver/STL/NYR

would be my top 5 with a tie for 3 and 5

Ched Brosky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 11:19 PM
  #30
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
I Know A Thing Or 6
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: About Winning
Posts: 50,661
vCash: 500
It just goes to show you how much organizational depth a team needs to be great in this league over a number of years. Edmonton still needs more to compete with the likes of Pitt, Philly, NYR, LA, etc.

__________________
Treat Others As You Would Like To Be Treated
Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 11:20 PM
  #31
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
I Know A Thing Or 6
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: About Winning
Posts: 50,661
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback91 View Post
Pittsburgh. People saying EDM are out to lunch. If I were Pittsburgh, the only way I trade Crosby or Malkin to EDM is if Nail + RNH + Hall were coming back. For both it would take Nail + RNH + Hall + Eberle +++. the remaining pieces wouldn't even be enough for Letang + Neal + Fleury let the rest of the Pens and their prospects.

Pittsburgh
LA
Boston/Philadelphia
Vancouver/STL/NYR

would be my top 5 with a tie for 3 and 5
So would you trade both Sedins for Malkin then?

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 11:23 PM
  #32
dannyj10
Registered User
 
dannyj10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Fort Campbell,KY
Country: United States
Posts: 485
vCash: 500
I don't see how You couldn't pick Pitt. I'd take St.Louis,LA,Philly,Boston are pretty stacked as well.

dannyj10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 11:29 PM
  #33
deckercky
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 5,623
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterForsberg View Post
Edm. Hall, RNH, Eberle, Yakupov, Justin Shultz, Gagner, Dubynk, Smid, Klefbom.
Throw out Dubnyk as insignificant. The rest of those players might be worth Crosby + Malkin. Pittsburgh has a lot more than Crosby + Malkin.

deckercky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 11:31 PM
  #34
dannyj10
Registered User
 
dannyj10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Fort Campbell,KY
Country: United States
Posts: 485
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imlach a cup View Post
Come let's get real half your team wouldn't get you a signed jersey from those guys. Surprised so little love for Phillys roster. And while LAs roster is deep but there aren't many players I would mortgage the farm for. Goalies are meh in this league great 1 or 2 seasons then everyone complains they're overpaid and #1 Dman still don't return top centers. I like Kopitar but he's not the most valuable center in the league. Giroux, Malkin, Crosby and Stamkos hold so much value that they pretty much eclipse that second tier of all star players. How many carters and browns is one of those worth?
So you don't think Kopitar is as good as Giroux? Kopitar has 6 straight seasons of 60+ pts. Giroux had 1 good season and know he's mentioned as the top 5 guys in the league?? Just crazy

dannyj10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 11:44 PM
  #35
PeterForsberg
Registered User
 
PeterForsberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Laval, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,347
vCash: 500
People are forgetting EDM:O

PeterForsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 11:47 PM
  #36
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 27,654
vCash: 500
Penguins AINEC!

Phion Keneuf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 11:48 PM
  #37
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 27,654
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyj10 View Post
So you don't think Kopitar is as good as Giroux? Kopitar has 6 straight seasons of 60+ pts. Giroux had 1 good season and know he's mentioned as the top 5 guys in the league?? Just crazy
um yea .. GirouX >> Kopitar ...

top 3 C, vs top 10ish

Phion Keneuf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 11:49 PM
  #38
TheKingPin
Registered User
 
TheKingPin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,892
vCash: 500
Yea I mean Crosby + Malkin + a good goalie could win you a cup with whatever around them. Pitt has the most value.

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 12:46 AM
  #39
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 20,384
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIDGENO8771 View Post
Columbus
Given how many quality assets we have in the organization on the blueline alone, we might be in better position in this than one might expect.

Not that we otherwise have a chance in hell of being relevant in this discussion, just that dismissal is ill-founded.

__________________
Remember - when you're a hockey fan, it's not "reckless driving", it's "good forechecking".
"Viqsi, you are our sweet humanist..." --mt-svk on the CBJ boards

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 12:51 AM
  #40
Imlach a cup
Registered User
 
Imlach a cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Given how many quality assets we have in the organization on the blueline alone, we might be in better position in this than one might expect.

Not that we otherwise have a chance in hell of being relevant in this discussion, just that dismissal is ill-founded.
There's a bigger gap between Columbus and league average than between a TML fan's view of trade value and actual worth. Which is saying something.

Imlach a cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 01:04 AM
  #41
Trafalgar Law
Waive Ryan Smyth
 
Trafalgar Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,244
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFan1967 View Post
just use the formula

Top end Talent + Ranking + Depth + Youth

Pitt clear #1

other high value teams

Los Angeles
Boston
St Louis
Chicago
Rangers

in 2-4 years add

Ottawa
Edmonton
Colorado
I think this guy nailed it. I would consider Minny and maybe Florida in the 2-4 years category too.

Trafalgar Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 01:08 AM
  #42
Ched Brosky
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,867
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
So would you trade both Sedins for Malkin then?
If he came with a decent winger like a Booth or Burrows yea, but Pittsburgh does not have that and Neal + Malkin is more valuable than the Sedins

But I don't see ur point? Sedins >>> any 2 player combination of RNH/Hall/Yakupov

Ched Brosky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 01:14 AM
  #43
Imlach a cup
Registered User
 
Imlach a cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,148
vCash: 500
Both Sedin for Malkin? That's an interesting proposal. Neal slides back to Crosbys wing and you get possibly the best 1/2 line mates in the league.

Imlach a cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 01:16 AM
  #44
Ched Brosky
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,867
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imlach a cup View Post
Both Sedin for Malkin? That's an interesting proposal. Neal slides back to Crosbys wing and you get possibly the best 1/2 line mates in the league.
not possibly but for sure the best 2 lines in the NHL. u have the best player in the world with a top pwf on one line and back to back art ross winners on the other

Ched Brosky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 01:20 AM
  #45
Imlach a cup
Registered User
 
Imlach a cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback91 View Post
not possibly but for sure the best 2 lines in the NHL. u have the best player in the world with a top pwf on one line and back to back art ross winners on the other
Obligatory Doan line up;

Sedin - Sedin - Doan
Neal - Crosby - someone else not worth mentioning here

Imlach a cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 01:25 AM
  #46
DoctrSteveBrule
BrooksOrpeck
 
DoctrSteveBrule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,730
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingPin View Post
Yea I mean Crosby + Malkin + a good goalie could win you a cup with whatever around them. Pitt has the most value.
Thats not the question but that didnt stop you from interjecting your clear anti-Penguins sentiments...so there's that.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Backlund View Post
Pittsburgh. I'd trade half my team for Crosby and Malkin.
Calgary needs to add.

DoctrSteveBrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 01:30 AM
  #47
n00bxQb
Registered User
 
n00bxQb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,023
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterForsberg View Post
People are forgetting EDM:O
No one is forgetting Edmonton ... Edmonton is garbage outside of a handful of players.

n00bxQb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 01:34 AM
  #48
HooliganX2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,086
vCash: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterForsberg View Post
People are forgetting EDM:O
No EDM's players haven't accomplished much yet. Everyone knows they are full of potential but they haven't proven enough yet.

HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 07:39 AM
  #49
Giroux tha Damaja
Registered User
 
Giroux tha Damaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mount Holly, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,232
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyj10 View Post
So you don't think Kopitar is as good as Giroux? Kopitar has 6 straight seasons of 60+ pts. Giroux had 1 good season and know he's mentioned as the top 5 guys in the league?? Just crazy
60 points a year plus good two way play is a solid #1c. Giroux had 76 points last year, then 96 in his first season as a #1...the difference on defense makes it much closer, but I still think it's giroux between the two of them.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 08:01 AM
  #50
BigMacJokinen
Registered User
 
BigMacJokinen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 336
vCash: 500
Pittsburgh is a good answer but in the top five I think there are also St. Louis - proven players, great amount of good(or better) prospects - and some of their players caphits are amazing thus increasing their value even more.

What team has the worst? Calgary could be in the discussion for that, having some of their best players being quite old.

Edmonton is quite valuable too, even if all their players aren't that proven (and Eberle is), teams pay for young age/potential a lot - it will be a long time before the players hit UFA.

Top five has at least Pittsburgh, St. Louis, Colorado

Also NY Islanders, Minnesota are in the top ten at least.


Last edited by BigMacJokinen: 08-12-2012 at 08:13 AM.
BigMacJokinen is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:59 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.