HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Mr. Silfverberg

Old
08-12-2012, 12:50 AM
Skinnyjimmy08

vCash: 500
Mr. Silfverberg

whats gonna happen with this guy??? will he light it up like he did in europe? or flop in the NHL???... Im intrigued by this guy and think he could light it up with Spezza and Karlsson on the PP... what does everyone think??

Skinnyjimmy08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 12:59 AM
Kevin8se7en
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinnyjimmy08 View Post
whats gonna happen with this guy??? will he light it up like he did in europe? or flop in the NHL???... Im intrigued by this guy and think he could light it up with Spezza and Karlsson on the PP... what does everyone think??
He won't light it up like he did in SEL (point per game with only primary assists), but he should produce at a decent rate. I Think half a point per game is a fair expectation, and he could push for 60pts as a rookie. His ceilling is likely to be 70 points though. He's already played against men, so his rookie and sophomore seasons should only really differ from his lack of NHL experience, rather than maturity and getting closer to their potential like a guy like RNH for example.

Also, he has a very solid 2-way game, so he should be an HF phenom, lol.

Kevin8se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 01:01 AM
dan1el

Sens fan here.

He is a very underrated prospect in my mind but I think he'll take some time to adjust to the NHL style. Playing on a line with Spezza could put him in Calder contention, but I don't think he'll win, or even be nominated. Maybe top 6-7. Also the rookie crop is gonna be really good next year.

Give it a few years though, and he'll be a very, very good player. Smart both ways, good in front of the net and an unbelievable shot with a lightning fast release. Very excited to see how he turns out.

dan1el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 01:10 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Underrated? I find him and Calle a bit overrated. Good prospects but a little overrated.

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 01:11 AM
Fleury14
Kipper

It's tough to say for forwards that excel in the euro leagues; you never know what to expect when they move to the smaller ice surface and the increase in physical play.

I'll be watching the training camp battle with interest to see if the less-heralded Petersson or Hoffman (or Stone) can take the top-6 spot away from.

Fleury14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 04:38 AM
KRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin8se7en View Post
He won't light it up like he did in SEL (point per game with only primary assists), but he should produce at a decent rate. I Think half a point per game is a fair expectation, and he could push for 60pts as a rookie. His ceilling is likely to be 70 points though. He's already played against men, so his rookie and sophomore seasons should only really differ from his lack of NHL experience, rather than maturity and getting closer to their potential like a guy like RNH for example.

Also, he has a very solid 2-way game, so he should be an HF phenom, lol.
This comes up every now and then, and I don't know for what reason. SEL, as well as other European leagues, have secondary assists and have had it for decades. I think you have to go back to the 60's to find only primary assists for the SEL.

KRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 12:24 PM
White Goodman
smell that fitness?

vCash: 50
If he sticks with the Sens, I'm thrilled with 40 points.

White Goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 01:34 PM
Trap Jesus

He'll be the new Rundblad and disappoint. That isn't to say that Rundblad himself has gotten a fair shake yet, but I see both of them ultimately "flopping" in the NHL.

Trap Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 01:38 PM
Marklar*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap Jesus View Post
He'll be the new Rundblad and disappoint. That isn't to say that Rundblad himself has gotten a fair shake yet, but I see both of them ultimately "flopping" in the NHL.
big difference: Silf can actually play in his own zone, make smart decisions, and is a forward

Marklar* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 01:42 PM
Kevin8se7en
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRM View Post
This comes up every now and then, and I don't know for what reason. SEL, as well as other European leagues, have secondary assists and have had it for decades. I think you have to go back to the 60's to find only primary assists for the SEL.
You know, I don't know why I thought that. It wasn't a mistake, as I actually thought that was the casebut as to why i thought that.. idk, lol.

My bad.

Kevin8se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 02:11 PM
Tomas W

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRM View Post
The NHL tends to be very (too) generous with the 2nd assist though.

It always so hard to say how Eurpeans will fair in the NHL. Some do dissapoint. I hope Silfverberg isnt one of them. He have a very hard and accurate wrister, I hope he gets room to show that during the next season (except against DRW...)

The fact that Karlsson had so much success in Ottawa will help him I think, always good to have a few countrymen to show the way so to speak.

Tomas W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 02:27 PM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleury14 View Post
It's tough to say for forwards that excel in the euro leagues; you never know what to expect when they move to the smaller ice surface and the increase in physical play.

I'll be watching the training camp battle with interest to see if the less-heralded Petersson or Hoffman (or Stone) can take the top-6 spot away from.
I think his main competition comes from Zibanejad. Doubt the Sens start the year with both in the NHL.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 02:40 PM
Sureves

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
I think his main competition comes from Zibanejad. Doubt the Sens start the year with both in the NHL.
They almost certainly won't, and Silfverberg is all but a lock for the team too so looks like Zibanejad will need to take a year in the AHL fortunately.

Sureves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 03:00 PM
Marklar*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sureves View Post
They almost certainly won't, and Silfverberg is all but a lock for the team too so looks like Zibanejad will need to take a year in the AHL fortunately.
Nope. Not sure why people say this. they both play different wings. they aren't competing with eachother in camp. They could easily both start with the Sens. Not to mention the fact that if a player doesn't make it on Day 1 doesn't mean they won't be up sooner or later due to injuries, poor play, etc.

Silfverberg is basically a lock, then Stone, Zibanejad, and others are battling for a RW spot in the Top 9.

Old
08-12-2012, 03:02 PM
N Bahn Ahden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap Jesus View Post
Why?

N Bahn Ahden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 03:35 PM
Pietraneglo222
WwWwW

Senators had like 5 "rookies" last year.

Butler
Greening
Condra
Cowen
DaCosta/Zibby for some time.
Z.Smith's first full NHL season.

Wouldn't be shocked if they brought in Zibby, Silfver AND Stones/DaCosta/whoever.

Pietraneglo222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 04:24 PM
Sureves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marklar View Post
Nope. Not sure why people say this. they both play different wings. they aren't competing with eachother in camp. They could easily both start with the Sens. Not to mention the fact that if a player doesn't make it on Day 1 doesn't mean they won't be up sooner or later due to injuries, poor play, etc.

Silfverberg is basically a lock, then Stone, Zibanejad, and others are battling for a RW spot in the Top 9.
Silfverberg Spezza Michalek
Latendresse Turris Alfredsson
Greening Regin Condra
Daugavins Smith Neil

Who is Zibanejad moving out of here exactly?

Old
08-12-2012, 04:26 PM
Melnyks Mirage
Too cheap to succeed

vCash: 1273
Quote:
Originally Posted by N Bahn Ahden View Post
Why?
Just to play devil's advocate, Silf is being pumped pretty hard by local media, blogs and even management to a degree. There is going to be a TON of pressure on him given what he's done at the SEL. If next season he gets 15 goals, 20-30 assists, I can easily see that reactionary segment of the fanbase raging their heads off and expectations being WAY high.

I've heard some of my friends say he's the next Daniel Alfredsson for the team and I've had to tell them to calm down, he's played all of a few playoff games so far.

Melnyks Mirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 04:55 PM
Marklar*

Quote:
Silfverberg Spezza Michalek
Latendresse Turris Alfredsson
Greening Regin Condra
Daugavins Smith Neil

Who is Zibanejad moving out of here exactly?
the team will carry 2 extra forwards. Dauagvins and some others will not play 82 games.

Old
08-12-2012, 05:03 PM
Sureves

Quote:
the team will carry 2 extra forwards. Dauagvins and some others will not play 82 games.
Which is why I didn't include O'Brien. I doubt we carry Zibanejad as a press boxer when he could be developing in the AHL.

Old
08-12-2012, 05:11 PM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensFanDan View Post
Just to play devil's advocate, Silf is being pumped pretty hard by local media, blogs and even management to a degree. There is going to be a TON of pressure on him given what he's done at the SEL. If next season he gets 15 goals, 20-30 assists, I can easily see that reactionary segment of the fanbase raging their heads off and expectations being WAY high.

I've heard some of my friends say he's the next Daniel Alfredsson for the team and I've had to tell them to calm down, he's played all of a few playoff games so far.
Be very afraid. Half of our board curses Marcus Kruger to death for this very reason.

brtriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 05:13 PM
Marklar*

Quote:
Which is why I didn't include O'Brien. I doubt we carry Zibanejad as a press boxer when he could be developing in the AHL.
He wouldn't be a press boxer. A guy like Daugavins would.

that lineup you posted above won't last for 82 games. guaranteed. things change.

Old
08-12-2012, 05:15 PM
Marklar*

Quote:
Originally Posted by brtriad View Post
Be very afraid. Half of our board curses Marcus Kruger to death for this very reason.
to be fair Silfverberg has accomplished way way mor than Kruger ever did. Better player. That being said, yes the hype is a bit much and a 35-40 point season would be fine for a rookie like him.

Old
08-12-2012, 05:27 PM
Aznguy

To be honest I completly regret drafting zibanejad, we shouldve grabbed hamilton or coutourier

Aznguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 06:25 PM
Sureves

Quote:
He wouldn't be a press boxer. A guy like Daugavins would.

that lineup you posted above won't last for 82 games. guaranteed. things change.
While I agree, that's not really what we are talking about.

We are discussing whether or not Zibanejad will make the post-10 game roster, at least that's what I thought we were talking about.