HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

new CSKA logo??

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-23-2012, 04:03 PM
  #26
VladNYC
Registered User
 
VladNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 6,679
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ult View Post


Awesome!

VladNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 04:42 PM
  #27
EbencoyE
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 1,883
vCash: 500
Wasn't the Penguin logo actually the "Russian Penguins" who played in the International Hockey League (IHL) in North America for a season?

EbencoyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 11:49 AM
  #28
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,605
vCash: 500
fans will be confused new CSKA logo

http://www.cska-hockey.ru/news/Novyj_logotip_HK_CSKA

vorky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 12:29 PM
  #29
cska78
Registered User
 
cska78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 10,703
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
new home red jerseys with a blue star are awful

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 02:09 PM
  #30
Shootmaster_44
Registered User
 
Shootmaster_44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Lloydminster, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbencoyE View Post
Wasn't the Penguin logo actually the "Russian Penguins" who played in the International Hockey League (IHL) in North America for a season?
It was but that tour was part of the sponsorship the Pittsburgh Penguins had with CSKA. Apparently, it was abandoned as CSKA reneged on payments to the Pens.

But for a couple seasons they used the logo in Russia too. The long winded version of the story is in Dave King's book about the season he spent in the Russian Superleague. Good read by the way for anyone curious about life in the Russian League (I assume not much changed when the RSL went to the KHL, at least before the Lokomotiv disaster.)

Shootmaster_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 03:47 PM
  #31
VladNYC
Registered User
 
VladNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 6,679
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootmaster_44 View Post
(I assume not much changed when the RSL went to the KHL, at least before the Lokomotiv disaster.)
Actually a lot has changed.

VladNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 11:27 PM
  #32
Shootmaster_44
Registered User
 
Shootmaster_44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Lloydminster, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VladNYC View Post
Actually a lot has changed.
What I meant is that the behind the scenes things are largely the same, so it isn't an outdated story. I realize budgets are bigger and whatnot, but I assume since Lokomotiv was flying the "pterodactyls" Dave King describes and all that prior to the disaster not much has changed behind the scenes.

Shootmaster_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 11:48 PM
  #33
DontTazMeBro
LoveYouRyanNash
 
DontTazMeBro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,966
vCash: 500
number 4

__________________
Stanley Cup Champions
1934 1938 1961 2010 2013
R.I.P Ryan Nash.
Old username: LoveYouRyanNash
GO HAWKS!
DontTazMeBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 11:58 PM
  #34
VladNYC
Registered User
 
VladNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 6,679
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootmaster_44 View Post
What I meant is that the behind the scenes things are largely the same, so it isn't an outdated story. I realize budgets are bigger and whatnot, but I assume since Lokomotiv was flying the "pterodactyls" Dave King describes and all that prior to the disaster not much has changed behind the scenes.
As I said, a lot has changed since the RSL days. The plane that Lokomotiv crashed in was only 18 years old, same age as the airplane that crashed into the South Tower on 9/11. There are Boeing 737s flying out there that are 30 years old. The cause of the crash was pilot error and not any thing to do with the age of the plane or whatever other thing you want to blame on the KHL. Are things perfect in the KHL? No. Have they improved since the RSL days? By leaps and bounds.

VladNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 11:17 AM
  #35
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!
 
Mathradio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 9,478
vCash: 500
#2 and 3 (without the 1946) as well as #5 and #8. #6 looks too much like SKA jerseys...

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 02:05 PM
  #36
IJKPrinciple
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Prague, CZ
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 180
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
fans will be confused new CSKA logo

http://www.cska-hockey.ru/news/Novyj_logotip_HK_CSKA




Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
new home red jerseys with a blue star are awful


Blue star? Seriously?

EDIT:
They should have gone with 7 or 8 because the old school Soviet logo is the best logo!


Last edited by IJKPrinciple: 07-14-2012 at 02:22 PM.
IJKPrinciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 03:51 PM
  #37
Sokil
Ukraine Specialitsky
 
Sokil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 6,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VladNYC View Post
As I said, a lot has changed since the RSL days. The plane that Lokomotiv crashed in was only 18 years old, same age as the airplane that crashed into the South Tower on 9/11. There are Boeing 737s flying out there that are 30 years old. The cause of the crash was pilot error and not any thing to do with the age of the plane or whatever other thing you want to blame on the KHL. Are things perfect in the KHL? No. Have they improved since the RSL days? By leaps and bounds.
by leaps and bounds if you compare the RSL to today, thats like comparing 1 to 10, on a scale of 20

the league, and the background stuff (which has more to do with Russia's endemic problems than the hockey league itself) are very much as described

Sokil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 09:03 AM
  #38
zaratustra
Registered User
 
zaratustra's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 36
vCash: 500


They forgot the hammer and sickle!! and blue star?i hope it's a joke

zaratustra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 09:19 AM
  #39
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,567
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaratustra View Post


They forgot the hammer and sickle!! and blue star?i hope it's a joke
Wtf ,why do you want symbols of an oppresive regime from 20 years ago? about time they got rid of it.

BalticWarrior is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 09:25 PM
  #40
zaratustra
Registered User
 
zaratustra's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 36
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
Wtf ,why do you want symbols of an oppresive regime from 20 years ago? about time they got rid of it.
it's not only symbols of regime,it's symbols of the club since the club was founded

zaratustra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 01:25 AM
  #41
VladNYC
Registered User
 
VladNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 6,679
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
Wtf ,why do you want symbols of an oppresive regime from 20 years ago? about time they got rid of it.
It's the history of the team. Big mistake to get rid of it.

VladNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 08:41 AM
  #42
kiluj
Registered User
 
kiluj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Samara, Russia
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 467
vCash: 500
Голубая звезда всему виной,
Все в округе говорили.
Этой странной любви, этой странной любви
Так ему и не простили.
Голубая звездааа! Голубая!
Голубая звездааа!

Blue star is ********. Star must be red.

kiluj is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:24 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.