HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Flyers 'step up' offer for Bouwmeester

Old
08-12-2012, 07:24 AM
Krishna

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony d View Post
Bouwmeester would be a decent pickup for Philly. I think they'd have to give up a 2013 1st, one of Couterier or Schenn and Coburn.

Flyers pass.

Trading one defenseman for another while giving up schenn/couturier and a first is going to net the flyers a much better defenseman.

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 07:25 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Bouwmeester would be a decent pickup for Philly. I think they'd have to give up a 2013 1st, one of Couterier or Schenn and Coburn.
I wouldn't give you Coburn straight up. They're similar players, only one has a short and underwhelming playoff resume, and the other has consistently elevated his game when he needed to most.

Coburn shouldn't even be an option in any trade, because that creates another top pairing hole which is what were trying to fill. Nevermind that I prefer coburn as a player and he's cheaper...

Last edited by Giroux tha Damaja: 08-12-2012 at 07:30 AM.
Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 07:44 AM
Pepper

Flyers trading Coburn for Bouwmeester makes absolutely zero sense.

And that goes for both value and team need.

Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 07:56 AM
NitHeel
Mucker/Grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autograph View Post
Man, if Timonen falls within the first 3-6 weeks of the season, say goodbye to the Flyers and Holmgren, too... part of me feels like he's on a little thin ice with the playoff under-performance, trading away Stanley Cup winning centres, and not acquiring better defencive depth since Pronger was out. Losing Carle probably hurt, too.

Holmgren flat out ROBBED Columbus in the Carter trade and the Richards trade was demanded of him for a reason other then hockey. Besides the Timonen point, everything you wrote is either false or a complete mischaracterization of the situation.

Last edited by NitHeel: 08-12-2012 at 08:04 AM.
NitHeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 08:16 AM
CGYPUKSUX
The No Kool-aid Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
I wouldn't give you Coburn straight up. They're similar players, only one has a short and underwhelming playoff resume, and the other has consistently elevated his game when he needed to most.

Coburn shouldn't even be an option in any trade, because that creates another top pairing hole which is what were trying to fill. Nevermind that I prefer coburn as a player and he's cheaper...
Coburn is similar to Bouwmeester? That says it all folks. The hyperbole has reached new highs.

Rumor has it that the Flyers blueline took another hit this weekend as Lilja apparently had hip surgery and will be out for several months.

CGYPUKSUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 08:18 AM
wings95

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitHeel View Post

Holmgren flat out ROBBED Columbus in the Carter trade and the Richards trade was demanded of him for a reason other then hockey. Besides the Timonen point, everything you wrote is either false or a complete mischaracterization of the situation.
Please tell the board why richards got traded for other than hockey?

wings95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 08:18 AM
Broad Street Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
Flyers trading Coburn for Bouwmeester makes absolutely zero sense.

And that goes for both value and team need.
I'll say it... I wouldn't trade Coburn straight up for JBo, let alone include a 1st OR Schenn/Couturier. Coburn at 4.5M is better value than JBo at 6.68M for longer, is virtually the same player minus a couple minutes a game, has actually performed well in the playoffs, was our most valuable defenseman in 2011-2012.

Broad Street Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 08:43 AM
NitHeel
Mucker/Grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings95 View Post
Was that an honest question? As a simple Google search would tell you, locker room/leadership issues and a change of scenery. Holmgren was close to tears at the press conference announcing the trade. Did you think the trade meant the Flyers thought he was done as a player?

Last edited by NitHeel: 08-12-2012 at 08:51 AM.
Old
08-12-2012, 09:30 AM
Flukeshot
Holmgren activate!

vCash: 50
Well the Flyers have likely lost Lilja for a few months as well. Guess they'll have to add in Laughton with Couturier to get Bouwmeester now.

Flukeshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 09:38 AM
Kershaw

Lilja's hip surgery may mean d-man will be signed or Holmer makes a trade.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 09:42 AM
Broad Street Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings95 View Post
In a nutshell (and let me preface by saying that I don't necessarily agree with all of this assessment), but Flyers management began to question Mike's ability to lead them to the promised land, there was speculation of a rift with Pronger, he was good friends with a then traded Carter, he partied a lot, his reputation for fighting the media was growing, etc.

Like I said, I'm sure 80% of it wasn't true, but once Carter was traded, the Flyers just decided to not run any risk of malcontent in the locker room.

Old
08-12-2012, 09:43 AM
dats81

Lilja is a #6/#7 at best. Losing him does not have a big impact on how the teams performs.

The day Weber or Suter would have come over here, Lilja would have been waived anyway. So this doesn't affect the JBo talk at all.

dats81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 09:46 AM
Broad Street Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Lilja's hip surgery may mean d-man will be signed or Holmer makes a trade.
Lilja was one of at least 5 guys reasonably thought to be in competition for the 5-7 defensemen slot (Gervais, Gustaffson, MAB, Manning). I can buy Mezsaros being a potential driver for a signing/trade, but Lilja is easily replaced internally. The Flyers definitely have enough 6/7 defenseman to cover the loss of a Lilja, especially when no one has any reason to believe that we'll have played a significant amount of hockey before he's eligible to return from this surgery.

Old
08-12-2012, 10:19 AM
Frodo Baggins

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameaholic View Post
If the Flyers are prepared to go into next season with that sieve of a (goaltender and) defence, they damn well better hope the entire season is wiped out. What a joke.
I mean, I guess making the playoffs every year is a joke.

Frodo Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 10:21 AM
Frodo Baggins

Quote:
If the Flyers are prepared to go into next season with that sieve of a (goaltender and) defence, they damn well better hope the entire season is wiped out. What a joke.
How long has it been since the Flames saw the playoffs? 4 years? Wonder which team is the joke.

Frodo Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 10:38 AM
Boxscore
#oldNHL

No way in the world would Philly give up Couturier for Bouwmeester lol

Boxscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 10:58 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Now that the Flyers have lost another D man out until January (possibly) I think that it is getting close to desperation time. Possible overpayment for a solid D man looks allot more possible today then it did yesterday.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 11:09 AM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Now that the Flyers have lost another D man out until January (possibly) I think that it is getting close to desperation time. Possible overpayment for a solid D man looks allot more possible today then it did yesterday.
It aint going to be for Bouwmeester, they may put a feeder out for Subban or Carlson though.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 11:12 AM
Epsilon
#TeamHolland

Quote:
Sure you didn't mean to write Chara where you wrote Bouwmeester?

Epsilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 11:24 AM
Krishna

Quote:
Lilja is a 6/7 defenseman where we have 3-4 other guys fighting for that spot. Not a big deal

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 11:37 AM
NitHeel
Mucker/Grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
In a nutshell (and let me preface by saying that I don't necessarily agree with all of this assessment), but Flyers management began to question Mike's ability to lead them to the promised land, there was speculation of a rift with Pronger, he was good friends with a then traded Carter, he partied a lot, his reputation for fighting the media was growing, etc.

Like I said, I'm sure 80% of it wasn't true, but once Carter was traded, the Flyers just decided to not run any risk of malcontent in the locker room.
It was true, but I agree with you, I would have tried to work another way around those issues rather then just trading Richards. Send his drinking buddy out to Columbus like you did and go from there. But that's ancient history now.

This Lilja injury might lead to an overpayment on a Rozsival or Coliacovo. It's not going to lead to giving up a Schenn or a Couturier to put a band aid on a leak the size of a car. C'mon people.

Old
08-12-2012, 11:38 AM
Tripod

Quote:
Why don't you wait until your team is actually a playoff team before throwing stones. Flyers ended up top 8 still last year. You have a ways to go to catching this "joke" team.

And with Lilja getting hurt...it changes nothing. He will be out until January...so it will be like picking up a depth d-man near the deadline. Philly will not overpay for J-Bo. They will just look elsewhere. And really...looking at Calgary. He is your #1...you should keep him.

Last edited by Tripod: 08-12-2012 at 11:51 AM.
Tripod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 12:01 PM
n00bxQb

Please let Bouwmeester get traded to NSH ... Would help out my GM Connected team so much ...

n00bxQb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 12:48 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:
Or they just sign a FA defenseman like Hannan or Rozwell.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 01:30 PM
mercury

Quote:
Wishful thinking.

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote