HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 Minnesota #12 Prospect

View Poll Results: Who is the twelfth-best Wild prospect?
Christoph Bertschy 1 1.10%
Raphel Bussieres 33 36.26%
Tyler Cuma 1 1.10%
John Draeger 0 0%
Chay Genoway 0 0%
Adam Gilmour 1 1.10%
Tyler Graovac 2 2.20%
Daniel Gunnarsson 3 3.30%
Erik Haula 32 35.16%
Steven Kampfer 7 7.69%
Darcy Kuemper 8 8.79%
Nick Seeler 3 3.30%
Other (please explain) 0 0%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Old
08-11-2012, 08:29 AM
Wildfish

vCash: 500
Raphy da Bus or bust.

Wildfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 10:30 AM
P10p

Haula has been an offensive force in the NCAA while Ralph has been mediocre/inconsistent in the Q..

P10p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 11:01 AM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
What a close poll.

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 11:40 AM
Dee Oh Cee

I don't know who Raphel Bussieres but I hope he wins

Dee Oh Cee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 02:16 PM
usernam*
#TeamSuccess

Too many good prospects and not enough places to put them all.

usernam* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 03:31 PM
Wildfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by P10p View Post
...Ralph has been mediocre/inconsistent in the Q..
Just curious, what are you basing that on? His point totals, as in everyone in the Q scores a ton so he sucks because he doesn't have the huge offensive numbers? Looking at Playoff scoring numbers he wasn't mediocre when it counted the most.

This is like politics - rip the other guy to try and make your boy look better...

Wildfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 03:42 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

I see the Bussieres and Haula discussion as someone who could play in the NHL vs. one who will never play in the NHL.

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
this providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 04:53 PM
Randy BoBandy
Cheeseburger Party

Kampfer is getting no love. He has already played in the NHL and looked pretty good. Most of the guys were getting down to now have very small chance of even making it to the show. I understand putting guys with higher ceilings above Kampfer because I don't really see him as anything more than a depth defenseman but he has shown he can play at a high level compared to the remaining prospects.

Randy BoBandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 04:56 PM
TZM
Par too easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post
I see the Bussieres and Haula discussion as someone who could play in the NHL vs. one who will never play in the NHL.
Same here.

TZM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 07:17 PM
Circulartheory
@danccchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patp14 View Post
Kampfer is getting no love. He has already played in the NHL and looked pretty good. Most of the guys were getting down to now have very small chance of even making it to the show. I understand putting guys with higher ceilings above Kampfer because I don't really see him as anything more than a depth defenseman but he has shown he can play at a high level compared to the remaining prospects.
This.

Haula still has ways to go and Bussieres is still very raw.

Circulartheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 12:35 AM
Sportsfan1

Haula has by far the better chance right now then Bussieres to play in the NHL, VOTE HAULA!

Bussieres I need to see a lot more from people, the physical tools look good, but overall still a long ways away.

Sportsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 10:22 AM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

i voted for little Gui.

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 10:28 AM
Victorious Secret
Dr. Chuck Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan1 View Post
Haula has by far the better chance right now then Bussieres to play in the NHL, VOTE HAULA!

Bussieres I need to see a lot more from people, the physical tools look good, but overall still a long ways away.
Meh. Haula doesn't have that GREAT of a chance. Honestly, I'm expecting another Danny Irmen-like professional performance out of Haula.

Victorious Secret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 08:16 PM
Vashanesh
My best outfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorious Secret View Post
Meh. Haula doesn't have that GREAT of a chance. Honestly, I'm expecting another Danny Irmen-like professional performance out of Haula.
Yeah... I don't get any sort of NHL upside from Haula.

I get a Casey Wellman-esque vibe from him, in all honesty. College player, almost went undrafted, undersized, has one-two good years in college and suddenly a few people think he could be something special.

Ralph is a fresh draftee, and one who was 129 on central scouting's final rankings, who was pulled in the 2nd round.

Haula, for reference, was a late second in 2009, also according to central scouting, who almost fell out of the draft.

That alone says a lot to me. If Haula were really a guy to bank on, he would've made an impact in college earlier. I just don't see any real chance of Haula making it in the NHL. Ralph is much younger, and that alone leads me to believe he's more likely to hit his peak.

Vashanesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 08:30 PM
Jaykay
Kuemperpedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vashanesh View Post
If Haula were really a guy to bank on, he would've made an impact in college earlier.
24 points in 34 games isn't bad for a freshman on a mediocre team in the WCHA. Leading the McNaughton cup winners in points as a soph isn't too bad either. There are plenty of things to criticize with Haula but his college production is not one of them IMO.

Jaykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 09:08 PM
Vashanesh
My best outfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaykay View Post
24 points in 34 games isn't bad for a freshman on a mediocre team in the WCHA. Leading the McNaughton cup winners in points as a soph isn't too bad either. There are plenty of things to criticize with Haula but his college production is not one of them IMO.
But he scores in bunches. I know that he's not the only college player guilty of that, but he seems more guilty than most. If he were really the player some folks are making him out to be, he wouldn't have so many zeros on his point sheet, while still being better than pt/gm in his sophomore season. He defined streaky as a freshmen, and only slightly improved on that in his second year.

I dunno... I'm just not impressed by him. He doesn't have the size to be a bottom-6 prospect, and I don't think he's any better than what we've got for top-6 prospects. That leaves him in a dead zone, where I don't think he has a place in this team's future.

Vashanesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 10:18 PM
SauceHockey
Retired

Quote:
But he scores in bunches. I know that he's not the only college player guilty of that, but he seems more guilty than most. If he were really the player some folks are making him out to be, he wouldn't have so many zeros on his point sheet, while still being better than pt/gm in his sophomore season. He defined streaky as a freshmen, and only slightly improved on that in his second year.

I dunno... I'm just not impressed by him. He doesn't have the size to be a bottom-6 prospect, and I don't think he's any better than what we've got for top-6 prospects. That leaves him in a dead zone, where I don't think he has a place in this team's future.
We can still use him as trade bait

SauceHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 12:57 AM
Ovechkid08

Quote:

No offense but going by points means so very little at the college level as a freshman. He was actually quite consistently solid as a freshman in his actual play, solid positionally and good offensive play compared to all the other highly touted underachieving freshman that plagued the team for that 3 year span. Draft position means very little for Haula IMO as the only rationale for anyone that saw him play at SSM is that he was passed up by teams that didn't scout SSM well at all.

As for your point of not having a future with the team its understandable as we are so deep at fwd but that doesn't mean his prospect potential is any lower, I would project him as a solid 2nd to 3rd line tweener if he maintains his development. Anyone who watched Irmen in college could have told you he would never make the NHL, Haula is a terrible comparison in terms of actual skill and playing ability.

Ovechkid08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 11:14 AM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovechkid08 View Post
No offense but going by points means so very little at the college level as a freshman. He was actually quite consistently solid as a freshman in his actual play, solid positionally and good offensive play compared to all the other highly touted underachieving freshman that plagued the team for that 3 year span. Draft position means very little for Haula IMO as the only rationale for anyone that saw him play at SSM is that he was passed up by teams that didn't scout SSM well at all.

As for your point of not having a future with the team its understandable as we are so deep at fwd but that doesn't mean his prospect potential is any lower, I would project him as a solid 2nd to 3rd line tweener if he maintains his development. Anyone who watched Irmen in college could have told you he would never make the NHL, Haula is a terrible comparison in terms of actual skill and playing ability.
I take offense at him being referenced as a "freshman." Technically yes, he was a first year college player. However, Jason Zucker's 23 goal freshman season (just one less than Haula's point total in goals alone), he was 18 to start the season and turned 19 partway through. Coyle's 26 point freshman year? Same story, except he didn't turn 19 until almost the last day of the season. Nick Bjugstad's 20 in 29 games? He finished the season as an 18 year old. Haula's 24 points in 34 games? He finished the year as a 20 year old.

It's not quite as egregious as Casey Wellman's USHL/NCAA career progression (he turned 21 during his first season) but out of all the past players who have come through the Wild pipeline in one way or another, I'd say he's easily the most comparable.

squidz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 11:42 AM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

I was going to flame the people that voted for Haula... Then I saw who won.

bozak911 is offline   Reply With Quote