HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Most likely destinations of Getzlaf and Perry

Old
08-12-2012, 03:54 AM
LiquidSnake
Agent of Chaos...

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
I think both will probably stay but if Getzlaf ends up going to free agency I hope the Oilers give him a nice offer. He's from Alberta, his agent lives in Edmonton and he's the perfect fit for our 2nd line moving forward so it could be a fit for him.

Plus if he wants another chance at the cup, Edmonton would be one of the better options out there IMO. With Getz and our young kids developing we'd be a contender in the next few years.
The first part you're wrong about. He's born Regina.

The 2nd part is pure speculation and laughable considering the fact that the Oilers arent even close to a playoff team yet you're talking about Cup contenders.

LiquidSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 03:56 AM
LiquidSnake
Agent of Chaos...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
I know Leafs fans say this with just about every soon to be free agent, just as they did in the past with Rob Blake and Brad Richards and what have you, but I do fully expect Brian Burke to blow his wad at making an attempt to sign both Getzlaf and Perry and deliver them together as a package deal to Toronto.

He made it happen with the Sedin twins, I could see him swinging for the fences and pulling it off. Mind you, I'm not a Leafs fan, but I think it would be pretty cool for the league to have Toronto be a relevant franchise again, something they haven't been in over a decade.
The Sedin twins were drafted. Much more difficult to convince 2 players to sign with 1 team while the selling point is that they havent made the playoffs in 9 years (on July 1)

They're both signing somewhere in the US

Old
08-12-2012, 03:57 AM
LiquidSnake
Agent of Chaos...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Perry to NYR after they trade Gaborik for top prospects/picks. Sather trolls the hockey world again. He'll play with his buddy, Rick Nash.
I believe Louie Lams trolled the Rangers.

Old
08-12-2012, 04:28 AM
2-4 Slashin
Tony Granato Fan!

vCash: 500
Scary Thought. Minnesota goes after both Getz an Perry, dumps a few contracts, poaches Dave Tippet as Head coach and becomes the Pens of the Western Conference. How possible would that be? And how terrifying would that be?

2-4 Slashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 04:36 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2-4 Slashin View Post
Scary Thought. Minnesota goes after both Getz an Perry, dumps a few contracts, poaches Dave Tippet as Head coach and becomes the Pens of the Western Conference. How possible would that be? And how terrifying would that be?
Did you forget that a salary cap exists?

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 08:02 AM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
Getzlaf was almost giddy in interviews after Carlyle got fired in Anaheim. I can't see him wanting to play in Toronto as long as Carlyle is coach there.
Perry seemed very happy about it but Getzlaf tried to take most of the blame on his shoulders when Carlyle was axed. He was always the go to guy with Carlyle and Carlyle's system suited Getzlaf perfectly. I'm not sure how he felt about Carlyle but he was never "giddy" in interviews, that's for sure.

That being said, I would be incredibly surprised to see him sign in Toronto. He's definitely not the type that would want to play in a market like that, not to mention his wife is from California and he has always seemed very happy in Anaheim.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 09:30 AM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSnake View Post
I believe Louie Lams trolled the Rangers.
How so?

I don't think the Rangers and Devils have ever made a trade.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 09:39 AM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by damonster View Post
You are now thinking the Hunter still likes the GM of the caps? wtf?

Perry could go to rags if he wants to play again with his friend Nash. Dont' see Getz going there.
Have no idea what you are saying or trying to say. There's been no talk/news of a disagreement or split between Hunter and GMGM that I know of. My comments were based upon Hunter's allegiance to the Capitals. Whether he's in DC or back with London, his team is still the Capitals and he's made no bones about that. Heck his jersey hangs from the rafters of the Verizon Center.

BiPolar Caps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 09:55 AM
MattFromFranklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
I think both will probably stay but if Getzlaf ends up going to free agency I hope the Oilers give him a nice offer. He's from Alberta, his agent lives in Edmonton and he's the perfect fit for our 2nd line moving forward so it could be a fit for him.

Plus if he wants another chance at the cup, Edmonton would be one of the better options out there IMO. With Getz and our young kids developing we'd be a contender in the next few years.
Getting a little ahead of yourself? The Oilers aren't winning anything unless they get a goaltender that is better than Tambo's mom, which is essentially what they have, and until their defense can majorly step up. Zero chance either of them wind up in Edmonton.

MattFromFranklin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 10:20 AM
Boxscore
pre-Dead Puck Era

Both stay in Anaheim and Bobby Ryan is traded.

Boxscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 11:10 AM
getyourselfsomerest

Quote:
Originally Posted by JabbaJabba View Post
Carlyle was the Ducks' coach until he was fired last season and it seemed like almost every player was happy about it. It's doubtful that Getzlaf or Perry would want to play for him again.
Sorry, I don't buy it. It's not like the team got that much better after he got fired. Besides, he coached them to a cup. I don't think either will sign in Toronto, but it won't be because of Carlyle IMO.

getyourselfsomerest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 11:24 AM
Getz2perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by getyourselfsomerest View Post
Sorry, I don't buy it. It's not like the team got that much better after he got fired. Besides, he coached them to a cup. I don't think either will sign in Toronto, but it won't be because of Carlyle IMO.
27-23-8 under BB
7-13-4 under caryle

so instead of being 6 games under 500, they were 4 games over.
guess your right o.O

Getz2perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 11:27 AM
Jerkini

Sometimes as a Leafs fan you ponder certain "free agent" possibilities and constantly think "what-if". With Ryan Getzlaf and Corey Perry, it's a very resounding "way too effin' good to be true, will never happen".

Jerkini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 12:24 PM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

Quote:
Originally Posted by getyourselfsomerest View Post
They did get that much better.

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 12:41 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by gliff View Post
They did get that much better.
Even if they didn't, it's not like their record after that point shows how they felt about Carlyle. Getzlaf saying that he needed to show that they had earned the coaching change, however...

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 12:48 PM
Ominous Grey

Getzlaf -

Perry -

I don't think Anaheim could afford to lose both. My feeling is that they'll be outbid on Perry.

Last edited by Ominous Grey: 08-12-2012 at 12:58 PM.
Ominous Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 12:56 PM
IKEA

Getzlaf - likely to resign with the ducks; a lifetime contract if still permitted by the new CBA

Perry - likely to enter the free agency period and entertain offers from the east (i.e., PHI, PIT, etc.)

IKEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 01:13 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustafsson View Post
Both stay in Anaheim and Bobby Ryan is traded.
I agree.

Bobby will eventually be gone as he's been the apparent scapegoat for their problems with his name popping up in the rumor mill and him coming out and firing those shots back.

Can't see them letting Getzlaf or Perry go, they may be in a rebuild, but to lose those two sends them spiraling into full blown chaos.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 01:36 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSnake View Post
The Sedin twins were drafted. Much more difficult to convince 2 players to sign with 1 team while the selling point is that they havent made the playoffs in 9 years (on July 1)

They're both signing somewhere in the US
Technically, he traded for the Sedin twins. He had to do quite a bit of maneuvering to deliver the twins to Vancouver. He inherited a Ducks team that was on its way up, but he had a hand in turning them into a championship team and was there to see Getzlaf and Perry grow into franchise players for the Ducks.

I would think that familiarity with them may help Burke in his pursuit of them and I fully expect him to aggressively go after both players, that is if they both remain unsigned come July 1, 2013. As for a selling point, well, look at how Parise and Suter signed with the Wild, an average hockey club that has missed the playoffs in the past four consecutive seasons and has gone through three different coaches in the past four years. Of course that doesn't matter much when they get contract offers that are worth close to $100M.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 08:32 PM
Ogelthorpe
Who do you play for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnyweed View Post
I'll say it a second time on here, perry has every intention of joining Crosby as a ufa, getzlaf will head to western Canada
As a Pens fan, I sure hope you are right

Ogelthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 08:48 PM
Rookie Chargers

Send a message via ICQ to Rookie Chargers
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZetterBurger View Post
Both of them will sign in Detroit just like Parise and Suter
Parise and Suter didn't sign in Detroit.

Rookie Chargers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 09:02 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

I am a huge Gaborik fan but I would love for him to be dealt after this season and for the Rangers to go after Perry. I love Perry's game and he fits the mold of the Rangers to a T.

I don't see it happening however.

Getzlaf doesn't make the slightest sense to the Rangers so I don't really have any interest in him.

08-12-2012, 09:06 PM
McArthur

Perry to Pittsburgh would be insane... Burke?? Lupul?? I'm not a leafs fan, but whoever leaves Anaheim, isn't doing it cause he doesn't like the climate! Getzlaf to Edmonton could be fun! But if we gotta take perry too, that's fine.

McArthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 09:07 PM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

vCash: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsfan2965 View Post
I'll take "Massively overloaded at center" for $1,000 Alex.

Detroit would have Datsyuk, Zetterberg, and Filppula at Center, plus Helm, and possibly Jarnkrok if he makes the jump next season.

Adding Getzlaf would give us four top six quality centers (Zetterberg is a wing but has been playing center for a long time now) and another one potentially in the making.
God, that would be amazing.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 09:41 PM
Perfect_Drug

It's very likely New York or Philly.

Those 2 franchises always get those kinds of free agents.

Perfect_Drug is offline   Reply With Quote