HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HF-NYR Fantasy Keeper League - Voting Thread

View Poll Results: What direction should the league head in?
Continue on with the game the way it currently stands, no restrictions. 9 34.62%
Wipe the slate clean. 15 57.69%
Stop the game completely. 0 0%
Other. 2 7.69%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
08-12-2012, 03:20 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

vCash: 500
HF-NYR Fantasy Keeper League - Voting Thread

EVERYBODY PICK AN OPTION

I need help because I can't make this huge decision alone because it affects so many people.

Option A: This option is just to continue with the game as it currently stands. A lot of GM's put a lot of work into building there teams up the way the like them. I don't want to just throw that all away for no reason. However, if we continue with the league the way there is then things are going to stay the same. I do not believe putting a cap on trades is the way to go because I don't want to restrict GM's in a way that's unrealistic.

Option B: Wipe the slate clean. Basically here's the idea behind this option. Everything get's wipe clean. Rosters get set back to the way they were at the end of the real life NHL 2011-2012 season. I will make any necessary GM tweaks but everyone will have a chance to pick a new team if they so choose. All the awards will remain from last year. Meaning, Toronto will still be the inaugural champion. The NHL awards winners will stay the same and the entry draft order (minus the trades) will stay the same. There will be a new trade system in place as well. The game will pick up from the end of the NHL 11-12 season and we will just jump right into the entry draft and free agency.

Option C: Stop the game completely. If you don't want to do this anymore choose this option.

Option D: Other. Please explain.

Please vote because I need your help with such a huge decision. I would feel terrible about completely starting the league over given all the work everyone has done to this point and would only feel better if a majority of the league backs me up here.

08-12-2012, 03:24 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Please also let it be known I'm not trying to stop the trading. I'm just trying to limit the stupid and completely out there trades.

Old
08-12-2012, 03:25 PM
Killem Dafoe
k.

vCash: 50
Keep it as it is now. Hopefully things mellow out at the start of the season.

Old
08-12-2012, 03:27 PM
Kershaw

I have an idea.

We should have some of the player agents also run as people who'll approve trades. They can determine together whether to veto a trade or not.

Old
08-12-2012, 03:27 PM
Killem Dafoe
k.

Something tells me this is gunna suck..

Old
08-12-2012, 03:29 PM
nyrpassion
Vetted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
I have an idea.

We should have some of the player agents also run as people who'll approve trades. They can determine together whether to veto a trade or not.
yeah. I like this idea.

Old
08-12-2012, 03:29 PM
Killem Dafoe
k.

Quote:
I have an idea.

It probably wouldn't work (finding people who would want to do that all year) but if so, I'm down for sure.

Old
08-12-2012, 03:30 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
It probably wouldn't work (finding people who would want to do that all year) but if so, I'm down for sure.
Someone can take my team. I'll become the player agent if needed.

Old
08-12-2012, 03:30 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
I have an idea.

I was already thinking about having another person that the trades get sent to, along with myself and we both determine if it should be approved or not.

Quote:
Something tells me this is gunna suck..
And it's GM's such as yourself, that took a terrible team and built it to your liking that makes me feel awful about this. What happens with this poll won't be the final result but it gives me an idea of what the league wants to do.

Old
08-12-2012, 03:31 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Quote:
Someone can take my team. I'll become the player agent if needed.
It can just be another GM, it doesn't have to be an agent. Everyone can keep a team in here and still help monitor deals.

Old
08-12-2012, 03:32 PM
Killem Dafoe
k.

I'm all for it. Definitely, if someone can do it I'm 100 percent down.

Old
08-12-2012, 03:40 PM
The Dark Passenger
HFNYR Blues GM

Voted wipe slate clean. RKY I still think you should get final call regardless. You've done the more work than every GM combined.

Old
08-12-2012, 03:45 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

I love the game the way it is right now. It's fun to make all these trades. What's the fun in just sitting around doing nothing

If we wipe the slate clean, RKY basically just did a whole lot of work for nothing. Plus, there will be no rule changes, no explaining over and over again.

Can't believe one trade is going to ruin everything.

Old
08-12-2012, 03:48 PM
Killem Dafoe
k.

Exactly, no one's questioning how much work RKY put into this, we all know he's done a lot of work to keep this together. There are also GMs who have invested a lot of time and work into their teams and they shouldn't be **** out of luck because of a couple of unrealistic trades. Keep things the way they are and do the "filter" idea where people approve the trades or veto.

Old
08-12-2012, 03:53 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
I love the game the way it is right now. It's fun to make all these trades. What's the fun in just sitting around doing nothing

If we wipe the slate clean, RKY basically just did a whole lot of work for nothing. Plus, there will be no rule changes, no explaining over and over again.

Can't believe one trade is going to ruin everything.
Couple of things I just want to clarify:

- if we were to wipe the slate clean, we can still do all the trades we want. I have no problems with doing a million trades. My issue is that there were quite a few lopsided trades early on that should never have been made as well as some lately. We can keep trading all we want but it just needs to be trades more about logic then anything else. Some of these head scratchers have bothered me from week 1.

- I don't think the work was done for nothing because we not only got our first winner out of it but we were able to get the draft order down.

- Lastly, there will be a way to make sure the trades that are going through are fair for both sides. As mentioned before I would think it'd be nice to have a committee of 2-3 GM's that would vote on every trade to either approve or veto it.

Again, I don't want to heavily push one side of it, I just want to clarify it for some people that may not be fully understanding of how the new game would work.

Old
08-12-2012, 03:54 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

But that means your cant dump Richards to Montreal when he's old for their top prospect. What's the fun in that?

Old
08-12-2012, 03:59 PM
Dr John Carlson
Emotional Boys 2001

Keep the game going. If there is a terrible trade that gets a lot of bad reaction, we can vote to veto. Simple.

Old
08-12-2012, 05:21 PM
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94

keep it the game the same

Old
08-12-2012, 05:37 PM
koz2393

I'm in the same boat with kershaw and killem. It seem reasonable and I'd gladly help with that (having a group of either gm's or someone outside, like the player agents, approve/veto deals)

Last edited by koz2393: 08-12-2012 at 07:49 PM.
Old
08-12-2012, 06:23 PM
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

Ive thought about this...Its best if we wipe the slate clean. RKY did not do this for a loss...

We had a successful season and the trade were a ton, its just not the right system as we move forward from here. Its almost impossible to track.

i think we may need to look at a sim website or think about this a bit.

Old
08-12-2012, 07:37 PM
McDonagh
Slow it down 30GHz

I voted other because I'd be fine with both. I shouldn't have done that, oops. I think I'd prefer to keep it the same because I have Taylor Hall but it would be interesting to wipe clean and see if someone wants to trade teams. I support whatever happens, I've had lots of fun so far.

Old
08-12-2012, 07:57 PM
Original Blue
Anaheim Ducks GM

I voted other. I think the league can go forward in an appropriate direction with the help of an outside person/committee that makes sure that no GM is acting like an idiot is fine. Erasing all the work we have done does not solve any prior issues. Teams don't dismantle every time the league makes a rule change and nor should we.

Old
08-12-2012, 08:24 PM
Dr John Carlson
Emotional Boys 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original Blue View Post
I voted other. I think the league can go forward in an appropriate direction with the help of an outside person/committee that makes sure that no GM is acting like an idiot is fine. Erasing all the work we have done does not solve any prior issues. Teams don't dismantle every time the league makes a rule change and nor should we.
I'm kinda thinking this as well. Resetting doesn't really help anything IMO.

Old
08-12-2012, 09:52 PM
Killem Dafoe
k.

I agree. Keep it as it is. Implement the trade committee and get the draft rollin'

Old
08-12-2012, 11:09 PM
Gardner McKay
#4parsley

vCash: 1647
I voted B. As long as I keep my 2nd ov I'm happy.