Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > QMJHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Halifax Mooseheads 2012-13 Season

Closed Thread

Old
07-23-2012, 07:42 AM
CrosKinnon

vCash: 500
Just wondering you think JD would do in a centering role with Frk on the wing. I love his whole game wouldnn't mind seeing his high IQ and vision setting up Frks cannon. Or is he better off staying on the wing?

Did Drouin play C in LSL? / Does he have any experience playing C?

Nate-Fournier
Drouin- Frk

Old
07-24-2012, 08:16 AM
Patmac40
BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrosKinnon View Post
Just wondering you think JD would do in a centering role with Frk on the wing. I love his whole game wouldnn't mind seeing his high IQ and vision setting up Frks cannon. Or is he better off staying on the wing?

Nate-Fournier
Drouin- Frk
He's more of a winger, and can play both sides. With the depth up the middle for the moose, I don't know if you'd need/want Drouin to be a centre. I'd rather have him along side Nate and Fournier.

Old
07-24-2012, 10:11 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patmac40 View Post
He's more of a winger, and can play both sides. With the depth up the middle for the moose, I don't know if you'd need/want Drouin to be a centre. I'd rather have him along side Nate and Fournier.
Drouin can play center but he's a better winger.

Old
07-24-2012, 12:18 PM
CrosKinnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Drouin can play center but he's a better winger.
Quote:
Thanks for the input, im just not sure how much faith I have in Boudreau as the most likely number 2 centre at this point. He was basically invisible during the playoffs last year.

Old
07-24-2012, 12:54 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Thanks for the input, im just not sure how much faith I have in Boudreau as the most likely number 2 centre at this point. He was basically invisible during the playoffs last year.
Drouin can handle that role with ease, he can play 1st line center for any team in Junior...

Old
07-24-2012, 02:15 PM
Hockey Buff

Quote:

Nate-Fournier
Drouin- Frk
Drouin played on the wing in LSL. I am not sure if his defensive zone game is there yet. Here's an example...Drouin skated by his goalie last season, in LSL, said "watch this...I am going to go score!"....problem was that he was the only forward on the ice. The Lions were killing a 5 on 3 penalty.

Old
07-24-2012, 03:21 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Buff View Post
Drouin played on the wing in LSL. I am not sure if his defensive zone game is there yet. Here's an example...Drouin skated by his goalie last season, in LSL, said "watch this...I am going to go score!"....problem was that he was the only forward on the ice. The Lions were killing a 5 on 3 penalty.
He scored on that rush... Lol.

Old
07-25-2012, 07:55 AM
CrosKinnon

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
He scored on that rush... Lol.

Old
07-25-2012, 09:48 AM
bigdirty

I could see Drouin being switched to centre, just not this season.
MacKinnon will likely go right into the NHL after he's drafted, ready or not. At that point Drouin will have another season under his belt, he will (hopefully) have added some bulk, and with MacKinnon gone, the #1 centre job should be his. He sees the ice too well not to at least try it.

Old
07-25-2012, 12:46 PM
Hockey Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdirty View Post
MacKinnon will likely go right into the NHL after he's drafted, ready or not. At that point Drouin will have another season under his belt, he will (hopefully) have added some bulk, and with MacKinnon gone, the #1 centre job should be his. He sees the ice too well not to at least try it.
I agree his vision is off the charts. On the bulk side....he says he has hit the 190lb mark this week. He is a special player.

Old
07-25-2012, 01:15 PM
Patmac40
BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME

Quote:
I agree his vision is off the charts. On the bulk side....he says he has hit the 190lb mark this week. He is a special player.
I was just going to say this. He's worked extremely hard during his time in Halifax. Became a bit of a gym rat according to a guy I know in the organization. Same thing with Mackinnon. Apparently he's getting pretty big and I've heard that it would be very realistic for him to hit close to 200 pounds by the start of next season.

Old
07-25-2012, 01:18 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
I was just going to say this. He's worked extremely hard during his time in Halifax. Became a bit of a gym rat according to a guy I know in the organization. Same thing with Mackinnon. Apparently he's getting pretty big and I've heard that it would be very realistic for him to hit close to 200 pounds by the start of next season.
Did you see the picture of him skating with Sid? Looks bulkier ...

Old
07-25-2012, 01:23 PM
Patmac40
BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
Did you see the picture of him skating with Sid? Looks bulkier ...
Yeah absolutely, and he played PlayOn with a couple guys I used to play hockey against and I saw a picture of them and his arms were huge.

Old
07-25-2012, 02:02 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Drouin probably won't need another year.

Old
07-26-2012, 08:08 AM
CrosKinnon

Quote:
Yeah absolutely, and he played PlayOn with a couple guys I used to play hockey against and I saw a picture of them and his arms were huge.
Who did you use to play for? (Unless you want to keep private) I know Nate was playing with Pat MacIsaac at PlayOn who I use to play against aswell. Well and I played with Nate the year he jumped to Bantam AAA underage.

Ive seen Nathan around Cole Harbour and some buddys have seen him training in the mornings in Halifax, he definitely looks like hes bulked up

Old
07-26-2012, 08:34 AM
Patmac40
BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME

Quote:
Who did you use to play for? (Unless you want to keep private) I know Nate was playing with Pat MacIsaac at PlayOn who I use to play against aswell. Well and I played with Nate the year he jumped to Bantam AAA underage.

Ive seen Nathan around Cole Harbour and some buddys have seen him training in the mornings in Halifax, he definitely looks like hes bulked up
I used to play for TASA. I played against Pat, who's a year younger than me, and went to a couple hockey camps with him. And it's funny because we have the same name. There's 3 Pat MacIsaac's in metro Halifax that have all played against each other

Last edited by Patmac40: 07-26-2012 at 01:48 PM.
Old
07-26-2012, 11:26 AM
bigdirty

Great to hear about Drouin, I had no idea he had already been bulking up like that.

From reading the prospects board, I get the feeling that outside of Halifax and Quebec in general, Drouin is badly underrated.
I don't know if people just assume he looks better than he is because he's with MacKinnon, but he's going to open a lot of eyes this season.

Old
07-26-2012, 08:44 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Great to hear about Drouin, I had no idea he had already been bulking up like that.

From reading the prospects board, I get the feeling that outside of Halifax and Quebec in general, Drouin is badly underrated.
I don't know if people just assume he looks better than he is because he's with MacKinnon, but he's going to open a lot of eyes this season.
This.

He'll get his due.

Old
07-30-2012, 08:51 AM
CrosKinnon

Quote:
I used to play for TASA. I played against Pat, who's a year younger than me, and went to a couple hockey camps with him. And it's funny because we have the same name. There's 3 Pat MacIsaac's in metro Halifax that have all played against each other
I never knew that, I would be a year younger than you, only ever played AAA my first year into a new age group in the jump from bantam to midget, other than that it was AA first year AAA second.

Quote:

I will enjoy watching his draft ranking rise this year

Old
08-12-2012, 12:07 PM
wings5

Is there a chance Sorensen from Quebec could wind up in Halifax if Grigorenko and Kucherov come to Quebec? What would the price be?

Old
08-12-2012, 12:25 PM
Kevin Forbes
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings5 View Post
Is there a chance Sorensen from Quebec could wind up in Halifax if Grigorenko and Kucherov come to Quebec? What would the price be?
Halifax's two Imports are Abeltshauser and Frk.
It's unlikely they'd want Sorensen over either of those two. Next summer, after Abeltshauser heads to the pro leagues? Certainly, but not now.

08-12-2012, 12:41 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Very unlikely.

Old
08-12-2012, 01:23 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Quote:
According to Ivan Hlinka's roster list, he only gained 6 lbs... (176 to 182)

Old
08-12-2012, 01:46 PM
wings5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Forbes View Post
Halifax's two Imports are Abeltshauser and Frk.
It's unlikely they'd want Sorensen over either of those two. Next summer, after Abeltshauser heads to the pro leagues? Certainly, but not now.
Abeltshauser again as an overager will be back? Interesting..

Old
08-12-2012, 02:50 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Abeltshauser again as an overager will be back? Interesting..
He's saying they'd be intrested in Sorensen next season when KA is playing pro..Abelthauser will not be back as an overager.

Closed Thread