HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Notices

If there is a lock out, what would you prefer for CGY?

View Poll Results: What's your preference?
Full season loss for better shot at 1st overall 10 25.64%
Shortened season for better shot at playoffs 21 53.85%
Other/Unsure 8 20.51%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old
08-12-2012, 03:22 AM
Northern Heat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Doesn't matter. Phoenix would win the lottery to prevent them from moving.

See: Pittsburgh

No im not kidding.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that...

Northern Heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 03:30 AM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGio View Post
Does anyone want to guess what the NHLPA will counter with on Tuesday? I'll say that they'll want something like the following:

60% share

2 year entry level contracts

No maximum contract lenghts

shortened schedule of 60 games within the same timespan (October to April)

Increased cap floor

2 million league minimum salary

More games within the division
This may be one of the worst suggestions of what the NHLPA would offer i've ever seen.

60% share means they are getting more of the money. Shortened season means less revenue. Which also means the 2m minimum salary would never work.

08-12-2012, 09:42 AM
Ynnek

vCash: 177
No player will want a shortened season. How will records be broken playing less games.

Ynnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 03:30 PM
Thumper17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
This may be one of the worst suggestions of what the NHLPA would offer i've ever seen.

60% share means they are getting more of the money. Shortened season means less revenue. Which also means the 2m minimum salary would never work.

It's just a hardball offer. Like the Owners offer.

Thumper17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 03:34 PM
MarkGio

vCash: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper17 View Post
It's just a hardball offer. Like the Owners offer.
Yeah exactly. I'm pretty sure D. Fehr is going to buy some time so that the NHLPA can review all those 76,000 pages of team finances.

MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 08:20 AM
Flames34

Bettman is just the owners puppet, higher player salaries arent effecting his 7 mil salary. Higher player salaries will just kill the southern american teams he created.seems as though he is trying to protect his little experiment. Sorry forthe rant just had to get that off my chest, as for the flames, the more hockey the better! kinda

Flames34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 10:38 AM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
It has become Bettmans ego vs Fehrs ego and not matter who wins we lose as we won't see hockey for months.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 09:59 PM
Flames34

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
It has become Bettmans ego vs Fehrs ego and not matter who wins we lose as we won't see hockey for months.
Couldnt be more right! Plus a year without hockey means 1 less good year out of iggy and kipper, without which we are nearly nothing

Flames34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2012, 11:24 AM
DoubleJ96

Both sides are just greedy and they don't care about the fans. I will say I am more on the players side rather than the owners side like I was last time. But that isn't by much. If the NHL does have a lockout I really hope it hurts the league a little bit, maybe be forced to lose a few southern US teams. Sounds bad but maybe that will make people realize the fans are getting sick of this crap!

DoubleJ96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2012, 02:22 PM
MarkGio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iginlafan View Post
Both sides are just greedy and they don't care about the fans. I will say I am more on the players side rather than the owners side like I was last time. But that isn't by much. If the NHL does have a lockout I really hope it hurts the league a little bit, maybe be forced to lose a few southern US teams. Sounds bad but maybe that will make people realize the fans are getting sick of this crap!
I disagree completely. If it was a strike, then yes I could say that the players are disregarding the fans (to point) and not putting the game first. But it's a lock-out, and moreover, it's an unneccessary lock-out. The league can spend another season working out the details if they want but instead they choose to stop the game because of greed. This is 100% owners fault. Sure the players could submit to the owners offer and therefore we could see hockey next season, but that offer was so ridiculous that the owners aren't even attempting to prevent a work stoppage. It's insulting to the fans and the players, plain and simple.

Old
08-27-2012, 06:21 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
I disagree completely. If it was a strike, then yes I could say that the players are disregarding the fans (to point) and not putting the game first. But it's a lock-out, and moreover, it's an unneccessary lock-out. The league can spend another season working out the details if they want but instead they choose to stop the game because of greed. This is 100% owners fault. Sure the players could submit to the owners offer and therefore we could see hockey next season, but that offer was so ridiculous that the owners aren't even attempting to prevent a work stoppage. It's insulting to the fans and the players, plain and simple.
This isn't true Bettman and the owners wanted to meet before Christmas last year but the players choose not to because they believed waiting would put more pressure on the owners, if there is a lockout both sides are equally guilty it isn't just one sided. People call the owners greedy because they want more money but so do the players its a 2 way street. Personally I hope they sign a 1 year deal that is the exact same as this and continue discussions.

Old
08-27-2012, 07:11 PM
MarkGio

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
This isn't true Bettman and the owners wanted to meet before Christmas last year but the players choose not to because they believed waiting would put more pressure on the owners, if there is a lockout both sides are equally guilty it isn't just one sided. People call the owners greedy because they want more money but so do the players its a 2 way street. Personally I hope they sign a 1 year deal that is the exact same as this and continue discussions.
We both know that NHLPA didn't discuss a new CBA until they looked over the books. The NHLPA has finally exercised it's right to audit the owner's and this is a lengthy process. There was a growing speculation that Bettman was pushing for early negotiations before the audit so that way the NHLPA either (a) looks bad for delaying negotiations or (b) doesn't have enough time to find discreprencies in the books.

Sure the players want more money, but they didn't propose an insulting offer that guarantees a lock-out. Honestly, what would you have the players do; accept the owner's offer just so we can have hockey this year? That offer was a greedy disgrace of the negotiation process!

Old
08-27-2012, 07:18 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
We both know that NHLPA didn't discuss a new CBA until they looked over the books. The NHLPA has finally exercised it's right to audit the owner's and this is a lengthy process. There was a growing speculation that Bettman was pushing for early negotiations before the audit so that way the NHLPA either (a) looks bad for delaying negotiations or (b) doesn't have enough time to find discreprencies in the books.

Sure the players want more money, but they didn't propose an insulting offer that guarantees a lock-out. Honestly, what would you have the players do; accept the owner's offer just so we can have hockey this year? That offer was a greedy disgrace of the negotiation process!
The could have atleast heard what the league was looking for they simply choose to do nothing.