HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

RNH+Jones for Myers+Enroth?

Old
08-11-2012, 09:53 PM
rockinghockey

vCash: 500
EDM doe not trade a top centreman that has a really good chance to be a top 10 player in the leagu.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 10:39 PM
Push Dr Tracksuit
Gerstmann 3:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
EDM doe not trade a top centreman that has a really good chance to be a top 10 player in the leagu.
Of course not but we are only talking about RNH here. It'd be different if we were talking Couture. RNH is tradable.

Push Dr Tracksuit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 10:45 PM
5cupstandard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imlach a cup View Post
Of course not but we are only talking about RNH here. It'd be different if we were talking Couture. RNH is tradable.
lol good one bro... good one

5cupstandard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 11:16 PM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
Logan Couture? Really? And RNH is tradable?

Couture 4 years after he was drafted:
79gp. 32-24-56

RNH the next season after he was drafted:
62gp. 18-34-52

How about no?

08-11-2012, 11:18 PM
BoHorvatFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Logan Couture? Really? And RNH is tradable?

Couture 4 years after he was drafted:
79gp. 32-24-56

RNH the next season after he was drafted:
62gp. 18-34-52

How about no?
No kidding, you don't trade an elite centerman that is going to put up 100 points very soon. You build a freaking championship team around that.

To me Nuge is the most untouchable Oiler player simply because of his position. They have three fantastic young wingers but only one elite center.

BoHorvatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 12:27 AM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by NugentHopkinsfan View Post
No kidding, you don't trade an elite centerman that is going to put up 100 points very soon. You build a freaking championship team around that.

To me Nuge is the most untouchable Oiler player simply because of his position. They have three fantastic young wingers but only one elite center.
Agreed IMO RNH is the cream of the Oilers stacked crop of young forwards.

And for those that think that Oilers fans are the only ones that sees this kind of potential in RNH, the poster that I am quoting is a Canucks fan and our teams and fans are generally like oil and water

That said back to the trade on the floor, Gagner for......

Bryanbryoil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 12:34 AM
Push Dr Tracksuit

Quote:
If only you knew how bad my cooking tasted you wouldn't be so concerned
Enjoying it so far. O'Reilly, Couturier, Henrique, Seguin (If he moves to center) as the boutique position everyone and their mother is pulling centers these days. Hell the Sabres spent almost every pick on them last season. By the time these guys are 28/29 and winning cups it'll be #1 Dmen that hold top value. We will be ahead of the curve at that point. Trade the Nuge now and tank out the season again. You can replace him at next years draft.

Edit: more seriously not a Gagner fan but Belanger for Leopold is nice.

Old
08-12-2012, 12:40 AM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
Enjoying it so far. O'Reilly, Couturier, Henrique, Seguin (If he moves to center) as the boutique position everyone and their mother is pulling centers these days. Hell the Sabres spent almost every pick on them last season. By the time these guys are 28/29 and winning cups it'll be #1 Dmen that hold top value. We will be ahead of the curve at that point. Trade the Nuge now and tank out the season again. You can replace him at next years draft.

Edit: more seriously not a Gagner fan but Belanger for Leopold is nice.
And I wouldn't trade RNH for any of the centers that you listed above. If you want to play that game we should tank and draft Jones next year and keep RNH.

Old
08-12-2012, 12:44 AM
Push Dr Tracksuit

Quote:
And I wouldn't trade RNH for any of the centers that you listed above. If you want to play that game we should tank and draft Jones next year and keep RNH.
I thought RNH was a lock for PPG? You can't tank with a player that skilled on your roster. Will give you Luke Adam and Nathan Gerbe for him. Those are guys you can tank like a champ with. And I think I'd take Couturier over RNH and I really like ORielly but not over RNH. Maybe on par with? Maybe.

Old
08-12-2012, 12:52 AM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
I thought RNH was a lock for PPG? You can't tank with a player that skilled on your roster. Will give you Luke Adam and Nathan Gerbe for him. Those are guys you can tank like a champ with. And I think I'd take Couturier over RNH and I really like ORielly but not over RNH. Maybe on par with? Maybe.
Eberle was a point/game last year and we finished 2nd last, it happens. Adam and Gerbe for RNH? Where do you get your player values from a video game?

Old
08-12-2012, 01:04 AM
Push Dr Tracksuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
BBO, don't take the troll bait.
Ya I'm not even proud of that one. RNH is a great player. Fantastic centerpiece for a franchise that has suffered long enough since Gretzky got sold to the highest bidder. You still need a #1 dman. In the mean time Leopold plays 22 mins a night and doesn't normally carry hand grenades with him.

Old
08-12-2012, 02:13 PM
Jamin

Quote:
Sometimes only emoticons do a post justice

Jamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 03:10 PM
habs_24x

Why do i like this proposal? Seems to make alot of sense for both teams.
Edmonton gives up a 1 or 2 center but gets a number 1 Dman and a number 1 goalie.
Sabres get a potential top center and doesnt mind giving up the goalie since they have Miller anyways. I also think Enroth is better than Miller.
Maybe cap off the proposal with a 1st rounder from Buffalo to EDM. (since RNH has the potential to be great)

I just love what this trade can do for the Oilers team going forward.

habs_24x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 04:35 PM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs_24x View Post
Edmonton gives up a 1 or 2 center but gets a number 1 Dman and a number 1 goalie.
Sabres get a potential top center and doesnt mind giving up the goalie since they have Miller anyways. I also think Enroth is better than Miller.
Maybe cap off the proposal with a 1st rounder from Buffalo to EDM. (since RNH has the potential to be great)

And what's that? Having Gagner, Horcoff, Belanger, and Lander as our 4 centers? Did the Oilers organization kick your dog or something?

Old
08-12-2012, 05:48 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs_24x View Post

Regier turned down Dominik freaking Hasek because he didn't want to trade Enroth. He's not a throw-in, and the Sabres brass haven't given up on his development.
And, like Edmonton has some fine D prospects, Buffalo has some very fine center prospects. Easy no for both teams. Robs Peter to pay Paul kind of deal for both.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 06:02 PM
Homesick
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
*Rookies
05-06 Sidney Crosby 81GP 39G 63A 102Pts 2nd last
88-89 Joe Sakic 70GP 23G 39A 62Pts Last
84-85 Mario Lemieux 73GP 43G 57A 100Pts 2nd Last

I wonder why these HoF'ers weren't traded after their rookie seasons for borderline NHL'ers? They couldnt lead their teams out of the gutter.

Thanks for coming out

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 07:44 PM
"Craigs on it"

vCash: 50
As a Sabres fan I would trade Myers for RNH quite easily, I think Myers will be a top 10 D in the league at some point, but I also believe RNH will be a superstar top 5 center.

1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 08:36 PM
SIDGENO8771

Quote:
RNH is untouchable. This kid will be a star.

SIDGENO8771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 11:08 PM
VegasSabreFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
*Rookies
05-06 Sidney Crosby 81GP 39G 63A 102Pts 2nd last
88-89 Joe Sakic 70GP 23G 39A 62Pts Last
84-85 Mario Lemieux 73GP 43G 57A 100Pts 2nd Last

I wonder why these HoF'ers weren't traded after their rookie seasons for borderline NHL'ers? They couldnt lead their teams out of the gutter.

Thanks for coming out
Saying Tyler Myers is a borderline NHLer is probably the stupidest thing anyone has said in this thread, AINEC.

and there has been a lot of dumb things said in this thread.

VegasSabreFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 11:21 PM
Push Dr Tracksuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasSabreFan View Post
Saying Tyler Myers is a borderline NHLer is probably the stupidest thing anyone has said in this thread, AINEC.

and there has been a lot of dumb things said in this thread.
1. That guy just got sucked under a bridge. Every second of the post made me laugh.

2. He's talking about Gerbe and Adam.

3. Gerbe > RNH and Adam can play 1c, let's see if you still respond if I leave off the naughty emoticon since that's how this all started (it's a learning experience, identifying these things will make you a better poster homesick)

Old
08-13-2012, 12:07 AM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

Its really obvious who has seen rnh in this threas and who hasn't.

smackdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 08:00 AM
Lux Aurumque*

If Edmonton got this offer, Tambellini would hang up the phone laughing as if he just watched a George Carlin routine.

You might get Sam Gagner for that package, but you sure as hell aren't getting Ryan Nugent-Hopkins.

Lux Aurumque* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 08:03 AM
HiddenInLight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Airlines View Post
If Edmonton got this offer, Tambellini would hang up the phone laughing as if he just watched a George Carlin routine.
....then you would wake up and realize you have no idea what your talking about. Myers+Enroth is NOT an offer you laugh at. The value is actually very very good, but neither team does it, because all it does is fill a hole at the cost of creating another one the same size.

Also, myers alone is worth 5 Gagners.

Also note that the OP is a LEAFS fan....not that it is an excuse for your complete ignorance and lack of knowledge of the pieces on the other side of the deal....laughable.

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 08:56 AM
Lux Aurumque*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenInLight View Post
....then you would wake up and realize you have no idea what your talking about. Myers+Enroth is NOT an offer you laugh at. The value is actually very very good, but neither team does it, because all it does is fill a hole at the cost of creating another one the same size.

Also, myers alone is worth 5 Gagners.

Also note that the OP is a LEAFS fan....not that it is an excuse for your complete ignorance and lack of knowledge of the pieces on the other side of the deal....laughable.
Buffalo would have to add A LOT more than just Myers and Enroth if they wanted RNH. You clearly are completely ignorant to the value and talent of RNH. Try adding a couple first rounders and Grigorenko before Tambellini doesn't hang up the phone laughing.

Myers had a great first season, but he wasn't impressive at all last year. I've never been impressed by Enroth. Not even remotely close to the value of Nugent-Hopkins, and you'd have to be an extreme homer, or have never watched RNH play to actually believe this would be a fair deal.

Note that I'm not an Oilers fan. I'm a Jets fan, but I've seen a lot of RNH due to where I live, and I can firmly say that there is not a single player in the league under the age of 21 who is more talented or has more potential than RNH.

Lux Aurumque* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 09:33 AM
HiddenInLight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Airlines View Post
Buffalo would have to add A LOT more than just Myers and Enroth if they wanted RNH. You clearly are completely ignorant to the value and talent of RNH. Try adding a couple first rounders and Grigorenko before Tambellini doesn't hang up the phone laughing.

Myers had a great first season, but he wasn't impressive at all last year. I've never been impressed by Enroth. Not even remotely close to the value of Nugent-Hopkins, and you'd have to be an extreme homer, or have never watched RNH play to actually believe this would be a fair deal.

Note that I'm not an Oilers fan. I'm a Jets fan, but I've seen a lot of RNH due to where I live, and I can firmly say that there is not a single player in the league under the age of 21 who is more talented or has more potential than RNH.

I never said it was a fair deal. In fact it is a TERRIBLE deal. That being said I would bet you he wouldn't hang up the phone laughing. The value isn't as far off as you'd like to believe, but since I doubt you have seen a significant amout of myers' play, its pretty safe to say you don't have a clue. Just because he hasn't been putting up as much offense doesn't mean he isn't doing well. Last year, the sabres won 70% of the games myers played in. They won 20% of the games he did not. Myers is still developing and has one of the highest ceilings of any defensemen in the league, that he is still moving towards. Yes, his first year was better points wise, but every year since then he has been better defensively. Enroth is a good young goaltender who isn't quite prooven yet, and some people think he will be better then miller.

That beingt said, I agree that Enroth and Myers will not get the deal done from an Edmonton point of view, but be honest with yourself, because RNH probably wouldn't get Myers and Enroth from buffalo. The proposal is DOA. Just like somebody in the thread said earlier, from both points of view, it would be like robbing paul to pay peter.

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote