HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

U20 3 Nations Tournament, Lake Placid (USA), Aug. 4-11

Old
08-11-2012, 06:25 AM
Leehh

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry2perry View Post
Do I see anyone bragging here?

I also see you whined about the refs quite a bit during the U18 Semi final against Sweden
Through out the whole tournament they were just bad. Only play i got honestly mad about was in Swe-Fin when swedish player gave some good old elbow to the head and didn't get even minor one, on side note it didn't look intentional but still in my opinion you have to call this kinda stuff.

Leehh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 08:16 AM
Schnurvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leehh View Post
Sorry for bringing it up, but i've noticed that you swedes always brag about winning Finland over in any sports events and Finns just shuts it, but when Finland wins over Sweden you go full of emo something like: 'you guys suck never even won Olympics, this was just pure luck and referees was on your side'. So, do you honestly have that low self-esteem which you have to boost by something you even haven't done by yourself?
Um, have you ever noticed how the Finns react to them winning over Sweden?? Why don't you go research that, and then come back and tell us WE have low self-esteem. For example: In EVERY video related to the Swedish national hockey team on Youtube, you'll find at least ten Finns commenting "6-1" (the result of the 2011 WC final between Finland and Sweden). Now THAT'S low self-esteem! They still went on about it in this year's WC, Youtube streamed the games live, and every time Sweden played, you'd get a few hundred Finns spamming "6-1" the entire game. Youtube eventually shut down the commentary option because so many people were just posting crap not related to the game.

Swedes usually go on about how we're better than the Finns (and we usually are), because we know how much it annoys them. It's as simple as that.

(By the way, they're our neighbors and we love them. You shouldn't take everything so seriously!)

Schnurvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 01:23 PM
YARR123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnurvel View Post
Um, have you ever noticed how the Finns react to them winning over Sweden?? Why don't you go research that, and then come back and tell us WE have low self-esteem. For example: In EVERY video related to the Swedish national hockey team on Youtube, you'll find at least ten Finns commenting "6-1" (the result of the 2011 WC final between Finland and Sweden). Now THAT'S low self-esteem! They still went on about it in this year's WC, Youtube streamed the games live, and every time Sweden played, you'd get a few hundred Finns spamming "6-1" the entire game. Youtube eventually shut down the commentary option because so many people were just posting crap not related to the game.

Swedes usually go on about how we're better than the Finns (and we usually are), because we know how much it annoys them. It's as simple as that.

(By the way, they're our neighbors and we love them. You shouldn't take everything so seriously!)
Youtube? Seriously?

But yeah, some valid points there.

I think Leehh is feeling down from Finlands usual suckage at the Lake Placid U20 tournament. We always suck there. It sucks.

YARR123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 02:49 PM
Huffman

Finland beats USA in OT 3-2. Aaltonen scored the winner.

Huffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 02:52 PM
joe89

Strong finish for Finland, something to build on.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 05:42 AM
Schnurvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by YARR123 View Post
Youtube? Seriously?

But yeah, some valid points there.

I think Leehh is feeling down from Finlands usual suckage at the Lake Placid U20 tournament. We always suck there. It sucks.
It's not the best, most reliant source, I know, but it is the most effective when trying to prove my point ^^

Old
08-12-2012, 06:08 AM
MrJonas
Ekblads of Steel

Quote:
Sorry for bringing it up, but i've noticed that you swedes always brag about winning Finland over in any sports events and Finns just shuts it, but when Finland wins over Sweden you go full of emo something like: 'you guys suck never even won Olympics, this was just pure luck and referees was on your side'. So, do you honestly have that low self-esteem which you have to boost by something you even haven't done by yourself?
Is that why every third text a Finn writes to a Swede on the internet contains "6-1"?

MrJonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 08:40 AM
Fallenity

It's just all friendly ribbing, kind of like between neighbors / brothers who always compete against each other in everything. Against Sweden it's all in good fun (our favorite rival), but against Russia it gets more serious.

Fallenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 12:10 PM
ElHefe

It seems like I have to be the only realist here to say that bragging between finns and swedes is pretty much even. Among both of them there are trolls, bittersweet posters and those who in a natural and healthy way want to support their national teams and also give a few nice punch-liners to each others.

Ps. The ''6-1'' seems pretty effective because in the end it was a clear 5 goal victory for finns.

ElHefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 05:54 PM
Shutdown

Anyone know where I can find highlight videos or any video at all?

Shutdown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 06:28 PM
Schnurvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElHefe View Post
It seems like I have to be the only realist here to say that bragging between finns and swedes is pretty much even. Among both of them there are trolls, bittersweet posters and those who in a natural and healthy way want to support their national teams and also give a few nice punch-liners to each others.

Ps. The ''6-1'' seems pretty effective because in the end it was a clear 5 goal victory for finns.
See, that's the thing - it really isn't as effective as the Finns think. I know that some of them think the Swedes are still bothered by the loss, but we're really not. For us it was a final among many others, we just happened to lose this one. Yes, it was a clear victory for the Finns, and they deserved the gold medal, good on them! They hadn't won a gold medal since '95, so it was about time for another win, and I'm happy for them. The thing is: us Swedes have won so much more than they have - that's a fact - so we're just not bothered when Finns try to taunt us with "6-1", simply because it was just one loss among the wins. I know the loss was against the Finns and everything, and it really did hurt at the time, but now? Nope. Now we just think it's silly that the Finns actually think we still care.

Old
08-12-2012, 06:44 PM
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJonas View Post
Is that why every third text a Finn writes to a Swede on the internet contains "6-1"?

and also that swedes are "gay".

TheFatOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 07:36 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by landskronala View Post
and also that swedes are "gay".
Well you see, kids today have no imagination when it comes to ribbing on the Swedes.

Jussi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 07:39 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutdown View Post
Anyone know where I can find highlight videos or any video at all?
Since Fasthockey was the only one providing streams (for pay) and I hear they were poor quality, I doubt it.

Jussi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 08:21 PM
Exit Dose

This is the only video I've seen.

Last edited by Exit Dose: 08-13-2012 at 12:23 AM.
Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 11:20 PM
ElHefe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnurvel View Post
See, that's the thing - it really isn't as effective as the Finns think. I know that some of them think the Swedes are still bothered by the loss, but we're really not. For us it was a final among many others, we just happened to lose this one. Yes, it was a clear victory for the Finns, and they deserved the gold medal, good on them! They hadn't won a gold medal since '95, so it was about time for another win, and I'm happy for them. The thing is: us Swedes have won so much more than they have - that's a fact - so we're just not bothered when Finns try to taunt us with "6-1", simply because it was just one loss among the wins. I know the loss was against the Finns and everything, and it really did hurt at the time, but now? Nope. Now we just think it's silly that the Finns actually think we still care.
Do you seriously think that someone writing just the two numbers 6 an 1 and as youtube comment is really giving a damn about what you or Sweden as a nation cares? The 6-1 thing is kind of a joke and one form of trolling.

Anyways we all know that losing feels always worse than winning and only a bad loser would deny that. 7 years since Sweden has won anything at adult level though.

ElHefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 03:11 PM
vippe

Send a message via MSN to vippe
Quote:
Cant be serious can you?

vippe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 01:41 AM
Dropkick Murphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElHefe View Post
Personally I believe that reason for this troll/brag-war is the fact that both countries are notoriously horrible in finals of any team sport, and usually are just able to win each other and none else in the finals. This all bitterness then comes out when the FIN over SWE or SWE over FIN victory occurs. But finns are even worse on this.

Dropkick Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote