HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Free Agent Talk (Part XV): The Non-Frenzy Edition

Old
08-12-2012, 09:48 AM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

vCash: 500
Good article by Brooks. Spot on in analysis.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 11:44 AM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

So Phillys D looks like this?

Pronger-Done
Mezsaros-Out for a loooong time
Lilja-Out
Carle-gone

Timonen-Coburn
Schenn-Grossmann
Bourdon-Gervais/Eminger

....Hahahahahahahah

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 11:52 AM
Maineice11

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Erixon's Lunchbox View Post
So Phillys D looks like this?

Pronger-Done
Mezsaros-Out for a loooong time
Lilja-Out
Carle-gone

Timonen-Coburn
Schenn-Grossmann
Bourdon-Gervais/Eminger

....Hahahahahahahah
funny how a couple weeks ago weber was believed to be going to philly...now they lose 2 of their top couple players

Maineice11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 12:00 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineice11 View Post
funny how a couple weeks ago weber was believed to be going to philly...now they lose 2 of their top couple players
Whats even more sad, they probably could have had Weber.

If the Flyers were willing to give up Couturier, Weber would probably be in Philly right now. Stupid move by Holmgren trying to strong arm Polie.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 02:32 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Philly's D isn't terrible, not nearly as good as last year though.

They've downgraded both on forward and D though.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 03:04 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

This is a very big week

Quote:
No progress between the NHL and NHLPA. Talks are schedule in Toronto this time. Starting Monday and ending on Thursday.
https://twitter.com/RenLavoieRDS/sta...27996190236672

PA makes their proposal on Tuesday. Counterproposal. Its the PA's first proposal.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions but there are some people who shouldn't comment on stuff they know NOTHING about. I read a series of posts by the same guy on another team forum on this site inferring Henrik was bashing Dolan on twitter about the CBA. Henrik will get mad and will hold a grudge. The Rangers are pushing to take money away from Henrik because they don't want to share more revenue. The Rangers are the reason why there will be another lockout. How do you respond to that garbage without getting banned?

If the Garden had their way,there wouldn't a cap. Dolan agreed to share much more of his revenue to get a CBA in the NBA. There are teams pushing for the players % to drop. The players on those teams won't have an issue with their team using the same "logic" as that guy? There are teams such as Philly and Boston which don't want to share more revenue. The Garden wants to play. $14M is the maximum amount teams contribute to revenue sharing. The Rangers are probably one of those teams. Other teams will need to contribute more too. Including Boston and Philly.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 04:50 PM
Rangerfan4life90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
Whats even more sad, they probably could have had Weber.

If the Flyers were willing to give up Couturier, Weber would probably be in Philly right now. Stupid move by Holmgren trying to strong arm Polie.
Them giving up Couturier would be like us giving up Kredier for Weber. I can see why they were hesitant.

Rangerfan4life90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 04:53 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfan4life90 View Post
Them giving up Couturier would be like us giving up Kredier for Weber. I can see why they were hesitant.
That is a fair trade, player value wise. For as good as Krieder is, he isn't Weber. Nor should either player stop one from attaining him. The difference with us, we don't desperately need a #1 Dman. The Flyers do.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 05:29 PM
Amazing Kreiderman
Night-shift fan!

vCash: 50
If I were the Philly GM and I could get Weber for Couts, I wouldn't even hesitate.

Amazing Kreiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 07:19 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Brian Gionta tweeted that he wants to play some hockey. He then tweeted this:

https://twitter.com/Giostyle21/statu...05573491781632

Quote:
Brian Gionta ‏@Giostyle21
That--let's play hockey was directed at Gary Bettman
Not too happy with the commissioner.

Jabroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 07:27 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

I like it Gionta. Keep it coming. Get some more guys on board. Make this poor excuse for a commissioner look like what he is, the bad guy.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 07:36 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
This is a very big week

https://twitter.com/RenLavoieRDS/sta...27996190236672

PA makes their proposal on Tuesday. Counterproposal. Its the PA's first proposal.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions but there are some people who shouldn't comment on stuff they know NOTHING about. I read a series of posts by the same guy on another team forum on this site inferring Henrik was bashing Dolan on twitter about the CBA. Henrik will get mad and will hold a grudge. The Rangers are pushing to take money away from Henrik because they don't want to share more revenue. The Rangers are the reason why there will be another lockout. How do you respond to that garbage without getting banned?

If the Garden had their way,there wouldn't a cap. Dolan agreed to share much more of his revenue to get a CBA in the NBA. There are teams pushing for the players % to drop. The players on those teams won't have an issue with their team using the same "logic" as that guy? There are teams such as Philly and Boston which don't want to share more revenue. The Garden wants to play. $14M is the maximum amount teams contribute to revenue sharing. The Rangers are probably one of those teams. Other teams will need to contribute more too. Including Boston and Philly.
Mind linking us to this poster so we can rip him a new one?

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 07:41 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
Brian Gionta tweeted that he wants to play some hockey. He then tweeted this:

https://twitter.com/Giostyle21/statu...05573491781632

Not too happy with the commissioner.
Good.

Hopefully more players feel that way.

Old
08-12-2012, 08:10 PM
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
I like it Gionta. Keep it coming. Get some more guys on board. Make this poor excuse for a commissioner look like what he is, the bad guy.
Glad there's something I as a Devils fan can agree on with many Rangers fans. I can't stand Bettman, and it has nothing to do with penalizing the Devils for the Kovalchuk contract, and I am not of the opinion that Bettman hates the Devils like some fans are. I hate the fact that he seems to be okay with having the third lockout in 18 years, and only 7 years after we lost a whole season. The first one happening a year after he took over. I saw Henrik say some things about being displeased with it too on twitter. I hope more players get on board with this. I'm not blaming Bettman for every problem, but I feel it's his duty as commissioner to ensure to the fans there will be a full season.

Bleedred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 08:17 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Glad there's something I as a Devils fan can agree on with many Rangers fans. I can't stand Bettman, and it has nothing to do with penalizing the Devils for the Kovalchuk contract, and I am not of the opinion that Bettman hates the Devils like some fans are. I hate the fact that he seems to be okay with having the third lockout in 18 years, and only 7 years after we lost a whole season. The first one happening a year after he took over. I saw Henrik say some things about being displeased with it too on twitter. I hope more players get on board with this. I'm not blaming Bettman for every problem, but I feel it's his duty as commissioner to ensure to the fans there will be a full season.
Well like Lundqvist said, Bettman and co. are the ones who got what they wanted during the last lockout...and now they're saying they don't like the way the cba is structured, a design they structured? They look like a bunch of greedy ********. I understand it's a business. I understand you need to make money. But did you ever think about the fans? I find it hysterical how much of a focus Bettman emphasizes on increasing the popularity of the sport since the last lockout, and then he goes out and starts with this ******** again. He's a hypocrite. He doesn't care about us fans. He cares about the owners and what's in their pockets. Maybe the NHL shouldn't have expanded to so many teams. This won't drive away the diehard fans like us. We'll sadly wait through a lockout. But the casual fan that picks up the remote to catch a hockey game is what you lose. And that's where you lose the tv ratings. The merchandise sales of the player t shirts that a casual fan buys such as a Nash t-shirt. It's stupidity on bettman's part.

RB has been saying it for awhile, Bettman and the owners have a **** ton to lose if they don't get the season going and they don't play that winter classic in Michigan.

Old
08-12-2012, 08:51 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

If there is a lockout, the Winter Classic will utimately become Fehr's bargaining chip.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 08:55 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
If there is a lockout, the Winter Classic will utimately become Fehr's bargaining chip.
I would hope that's already a bargaining chip. Bettman and the NHL stand to lose so much if they lose the winter classic game. It's disgusting that the fans are the ones that will get screwed the most because without the fans there is no hockey in North America.

Old
08-12-2012, 09:07 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
I would hope that's already a bargaining chip. Bettman and the NHL stand to lose so much if they lose the winter classic game. It's disgusting that the fans are the ones that will get screwed the most because without the fans there is no hockey in North America.
It is. but come November 25th, it will be a much larger bargaining chip. (Hoping it never comes to that)

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 09:15 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

There is no sport if there are no fans.

We are the sport. We are the ones who become the players, coaches, refs, and everything else.

Same as any sport.

The only thing we don't become are owners and commissioners. And unfortunately, most owners and commissioners don't have the integrity of the sport at heart. Only how much money they can milk out of the whole thing.

However, i think they are all greedy. Owners, Bettman, and players alike. The whole lot of them.

Im not on the owners side. Im not on the players side.

Im on hockey's side.

Old
08-12-2012, 09:54 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Going to be very interesting to see how social media plays into the negotiations. Everything will be public knowledge and all of the players have a major outlet for their opinions.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 10:02 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Going to be very interesting to see how social media plays into the negotiations. Everything will be public knowledge and all of the players have a major outlet for their opinions.
This. This unequivocally differentiates these negotiations from the ones 8 years ago. For not just the players but the fans too. The public hatred towards Gary Bettman will be and would be very, very difficult for any human to endure. I hope Bettman understands this and is ready for the critiscm. Last time around facebook was in its infant stages. This time you not only have facebook but you have twitter too which is used as an outlet to voice opinion on a daily basis and it gets recognized too because of trending. It is not like personal blogs that get bipassed and unnoticed. Bettman is in for a real
war of words against not just the players but the fans of the sport too.

Old
08-12-2012, 10:03 PM
JeffMangum
not sure if HF or FB

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
No, the mention is pushing it.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 10:10 PM
jskramer83

vCash: 800
Quote:
There is no sport if there are no fans.

We are the sport. We are the ones who become the players, coaches, refs, and everything else.

Same as any sport.

The only thing we don't become are owners and commissioners. And unfortunately, most owners and commissioners don't have the integrity of the sport at heart. Only how much money they can milk out of the whole thing.

However, i think they are all greedy. Owners, Bettman, and players alike. The whole lot of them.

Im not on the owners side. Im not on the players side.

Im on hockey's side.
Well.......... If we can some how find a way to raise enough money to offer the nhlpa to play for a league we formed we could be owners and commissioner. I have heard the Nhlpa is not going to be under contract...

jskramer83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 10:20 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Mike Rupp tweeted the link to the Larry Brooks article "Bettman Playing Dirty".

EDIT: So did Michael Cammalleri.

Jabroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 05:44 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Why bother? Let him remain stupid.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote