HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jonathan Bernier

Old
08-12-2012, 06:39 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

vCash: 500
The Devils aren't trading Larsson, no way, no how, at least not for an unproven goalie.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 06:42 PM
Kensu

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJet View Post
I garuntee by the 2013-14 season, he will not be a king, but from the time Quick gets back from surgery and the Deadline hes gonna get traded,

Possibilities: Calgary, Chicago, Edmonton, NJD, NYI, San Jose and Toronto

He listed that he wanted to be closer to home

Chicago, NJD, NYI and Toronto

What does LA need? Their basically full, they will just trade for draft pick and prospects

Chicago: Emery, Morin and 1st 2013 for Bernier

NJD: Larsson for Bernier and 4th

NYI: Strome and Bailey

Toronto: Kadri and 3rd
you honestly think Bernier is worth Larsson or Strome?

Kensu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 06:44 PM
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinghock View Post
If Bernier will prove himself I see him going at the deadline for assets Kings needed and not to Chicago.
Hi will get to Kings something close to what Varlamov did to Washington.
The Kings won't trade Bernier on the eve of the playoffs...unless their season is a disaster and they're not going to make the playoffs. You don't trade away depth on the verge of making a run at the cup.

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 07:11 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
The Kings won't trade Bernier on the eve of the playoffs...unless their season is a disaster and they're not going to make the playoffs. You don't trade away depth on the verge of making a run at the cup.
Hasn't Bernier asked for a trade though? Kind of changes the scenario. Kid clearly is looking for a chance to be a starter and has realized he won't be getting it with LA any time soon.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 07:28 PM
Vic Vinegar

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
Hasn't Bernier asked for a trade though? Kind of changes the scenario. Kid clearly is looking for a chance to be a starter and has realized he won't be getting it with LA any time soon.
Yeah he asked for a trade. That doesn't mean Dean Lombardi is just going to give him away. Assuming there is even an NHL season this year, Bernier should have more opportunities to prove himself. If he does well, someone will pay the price Dean is asking. If he doesn't, I imagine Dean will take what he can get.

Vic Vinegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 08:32 PM
Crazy8oooo
k ؃

Quote:
I garuntee by the 2013-14 season, he will not be a king, but from the time Quick gets back from surgery and the Deadline hes gonna get traded,

What does LA need? Their basically full, they will just trade for draft pick and prospects

That's some crazy value you're giving Bernier, considering the proposals you're mentioning.

Crazy8oooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 08:40 PM
SoulAssassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy8oooo View Post
That's some crazy value you're giving Bernier, considering the proposals you're mentioning.
Crazy value is right, given I wouldnt trade Brad Richardson for Nazem Kadri. Kadri has nowhere near the value one may think.

If Im trading him to the Leafs Im asking for a Kulemin, Colborne or Frattin and adding on each side as necessary.

SoulAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 10:31 PM
HolyShot*
Sniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
As much as i do like morin the kings have 6 nhl lws right now so i really dont see them doing that. The kings would prefer to send bernier east or less of a stanley cup threat like blue jackets. I can only see them trading with chicago if it was a part of a bigger type deal

Emery sharp + for gagne lokti martinez bernier + plus being picks
Lombardi would laugh at that.

HolyShot* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 10:40 PM
Fire Dumboer

Quote:

If Brodeur retired the Devils would interest but Brodeur is playing the next 2 years. Anyways Larsson wouldn't be a part of the deal

Fire Dumboer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 10:45 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman47 View Post
Lombardi would laugh at that.
Care to explain why its a fair offer and nothing the kings cant afford to lose imo

KingCanadain1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 10:51 PM
AimForTopCheddar
04 Bolts/Flames!

Quote:
Care to explain why its a fair offer and nothing the kings cant afford to lose imo
Because your not gonna get a quality player like Sharp for scraps. That's a pretty leaf like proposal. The overvaluing of Martinez by King fans are outrageous.

AimForTopCheddar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 11:05 PM
Basilisk

I trust Dean to make the right decision. It's what he does. He'll eventually get a 1st & 2nd for Bernier....

Basilisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 11:13 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by AimForTopCheddar View Post
Because your not gonna get a quality player like Sharp for scraps. That's a pretty leaf like proposal. The overvaluing of Martinez by King fans are outrageous.
The way i look at it hawks have serveral young lws ready to step up soon. Sharp is moveable in the next year or two.

Gagne can provide the mins till there ready as said before his feeling the best hes felt in years. Meanwhile u get a goalie thats ready to step in and start. He will be better then crawford. I know ur going to say he aint proven jack but all u need to do is see him play and u will realize that he need to be given a chance. Lokti can and will be a 2nd line center. I guess it comes down to beliving the kings younger players are stuck behind better players which u dont think and i do so im going to have to say ill agree to disagree

Old
08-12-2012, 11:46 PM
Crazy8oooo
k ؃

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulAssassin View Post
Crazy value is right, given I wouldnt trade Brad Richardson for Nazem Kadri. Kadri has nowhere near the value one may think.

If Im trading him to the Leafs Im asking for a Kulemin, Colborne or Frattin and adding on each side as necessary.
Bernier might have more value than Kadri, at this point in time, but you're taking it to the extreme. To this point, Bernier hasn't shown anymore than Kadri to prove he's going to be a quality NHL player. He's still unproven just as Kadri is and given that Kadri's only 21 still, he may very well end up being a good player.

As for the rest of the mentioned proposals, does it mean you agree that they are crazy, being that you only responded to the Kadri one?

Crazy8oooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 11:54 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:

Considering California is at a diagonal from his home doesn't that mean literally any team besides the Cali teams are considered "closer to home"?

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 02:41 AM
Sevanston

Quote:
The way i look at it hawks have serveral young lws ready to step up soon. Sharp is moveable in the next year or two.

Gagne can provide the mins till there ready as said before his feeling the best hes felt in years. Meanwhile u get a goalie thats ready to step in and start. He will be better then crawford. I know ur going to say he aint proven jack but all u need to do is see him play and u will realize that he need to be given a chance. Lokti can and will be a 2nd line center. I guess it comes down to beliving the kings younger players are stuck behind better players which u dont think and i do so im going to have to say ill agree to disagree
The Hawks are tired of relying on guys who can step up soon, we have tons. We need more guys that have stepped up already, like Sharp. If anything, it makes guys like Morin and Beach more expendable, not Sharp.

I doubt Sharp ever gets traded, and would be surprised if he ever left Chicago at all.

Sevanston is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 10:06 AM
Perro

Quote:

I am a huge Bernier fan but I thinking expecting any of the above in return for him (with the exception of the Toronto trade as I am not a beliver in Kadri and think he is very over hyped), would be setting myself up for a huge let down.
If the kings can get a first, or a decent prospect and a 2nd I will be happy.

Perro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 10:35 AM
glasses91

kadri and 3rd?

I would become an LA fan.

glasses91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 10:43 AM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasses91 View Post
kadri and 3rd?

I would become an LA fan.
Why's that? As a thank you?

Old
08-13-2012, 11:08 AM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by AimForTopCheddar View Post
meh

http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_stati...34+45+46+63+67

Muzzinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 12:19 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 102
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Probably not. We will likely keep him until the deadline, or a decent deal comes along. The Kings are in no rush to deal him, and he really gives us some solid options in goal next season. He has been fantastic at stepping in for Quick when he has to. Can't see the Kings letting him go as an RFA until they have a legitimate replacement in place and a decent deal in place for him.

This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions! - Bob Miller
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 12:38 PM
SoulAssassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy8oooo View Post
Bernier might have more value than Kadri, at this point in time, but you're taking it to the extreme. To this point, Bernier hasn't shown anymore than Kadri to prove he's going to be a quality NHL player. He's still unproven just as Kadri is and given that Kadri's only 21 still, he may very well end up being a good player.

As for the rest of the mentioned proposals, does it mean you agree that they are crazy, being that you only responded to the Kadri one?
Extreme yes... Im not interested in Kadri, just my point of view. Burke wanted Brayden, didnt get him, then did his usual BB thing and hyped up that Kadri was the man they targeted all along. Everyone new it was bs, but they go with it. Now, the expectations for Kadri are far higher then would be fair to the kid. Yes, he has some talent, I just see Kulemin or Frattin or even Colborne being far more important pieces then Kadri. To me, while maybe not as talented as Kadri, all will be much more effective and productive in their roles at the NHL level. From that standpoint, Kadri does not appeal to me. Kulemin is a good skating, physical 2 way player with 30 goal ability and defensive acumen to play on a variety of lines. While Frattin may not have that goal scoring ability, he provides any line with defensive responsibility and has offensive skill to stick with them. Both provide a physical element as well, which makes them more versatile. Kadri, does not offer that, he's a goal scorer who needs to adjust to playing wing and offers little in the way of much else (PK, checking, physical aspect). So while Bernier and him may both be unproven, Bernier's abilities are far more appealing.

Yes, all other trades are crazy. No way NJ parts with Larsson IMO, unless its more then Bernier. Chi trade sucks because Emery is worse then any other option. 1st and Morin are fine. NYI trade makes little sense. I dont see Bailey currently finding a spot within our team and given NYI's perceived depth within the organization at G position from prospect point of view, I doubt they give up Strome for another G prospect.

SoulAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 01:38 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 400
Quote:

Interesting perspective

I guess you wouldn't mind sending Quick to Chicago for a comparable package , right?

I mean the Kings have several G's ready to step up soon

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 02:14 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Interesting perspective

I guess you wouldn't mind sending Quick to Chicago for a comparable package , right?

I mean the Kings have several G's ready to step up soon
totally not the same thing. the black hawks have alot of top 6 lw propects (saad morin beach Viktor Stalberg Phillip Danault etc) the kings actually on have maybe one goalie outside of bernier that can maybe step in jones. outside of that berbe and gibson are at least 2 years from the nhl. the kings dont have people ready to step in at all. as for ur other question if the trading of quick filled a major hole and upgraded us in other areas and we had someone to fill in i would very much consider it. only thing is we dont have any other hole then lw sniper which sharp would fill So i dont have to think about trading quick

Old
08-13-2012, 02:43 PM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basilisk View Post
I trust Dean to make the right decision. It's what he does. He'll eventually get a 1st & 2nd for Bernier....
I hope the kings get a good return for him, however this situation reminds me of Bryz in Anaheim where they got nothing for him. Bryz even had more expereince than Bernier.