Alex The Loyal
Grimace Returns

vCash: 500
Keep Sam Bradford?

GENTLEMAN, I have a question

Now, my league is a little different from other leagues. The set up is:

QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/R/T, Q/W/R/T, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN

Scoring is basically default

If I keep Sam Bradford, he would go as my fifth round pick. Is this smart? My strategy for the draft (I draft 4th out of 12th) is to draft 2 RB's right off the bat in rounds 1 and 2, then go for my starting QB in round 3, then use the next pick on my next keeper, Saints Tight End Jimmy Graham in the 4th round. And then of course Bradford in the 5th if I kept him. Now the problem here is that this leaves me Receiver Corps very depleted and lacking any stars, since most of them will be gone by round 6. I probably would be able to get a good receiver in round 5, though by round 6 I highly doubt it. So what do I do kids?

Also, I noticed in most mock drafts Bradford goes pretty late. Like round 9 or 10. I'm leaning on just letting him go and maybe snag him in the later rounds

Alex The Loyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 05:40 PM
Cudi
in the aeroplane...

vCash: 50
I'm a Rams fan so this might sound homer.. but I really think Bradford will be the Matt Stafford of last season this year. I could see him throwing 25-30 TD's with 4,000 YDS. He's a sleeper for sure.

Cudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 08:30 PM
Cu Culann

Tough one, I see you have an option on using a QB at a flex spot, I would research his ADP in two-QB leagues, if he is going any later than round six, you can probably get better value in round five. On another note, 4th overall is just the worst this year. I might pick up Rodgers there, it's entirely reasonable, especially since you can play two QBs. WR is ridiculous deep this year, other than Megatron, who is also reasonable at 4th overall, there's not alot separating 2nd from 40th in WR potentials.

Cu Culann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 10:33 PM
AmericanDream
Gold or Bust!

I think Bradford is going to have the year that many of us thought he would have had last year.

now healthy and has a few weapons as wideouts, he should imo be a top 15-18 qb at worse this year..

personally I wouldnt keep him as your 5th round selection...that is bat **** crazy.

you are better off getting rb's in your first 2 picks, 2 wr's in rounds 3-4, then a top 10-12 qb in round 5 like a Romo, Ryan, Manning, etc.. they will be around in round 5... then you can snag Bradford up a bit later and use him as a #2 qb until he proves he can air it out like I hope..

you simply will not get Graham in round 3....every draft I have been in so far has him off the board in round 2, and I felt Graham was going to be a monster last year and took him in round 7, let someone else reach for him with the mess thats going on in New Orleans as well as that dreaded sophmore slump looming...

imo, your better off stealing this years Jimmy Graham and picking up Jermaine Gresham in round 8 to 10. This guy is going to be the breakout player of the year imo, and has all the same skills as Graham including a damn solid QB and an offense that will throw the ball...

so to sum it up...dont keep Bradford at 5th round as you will be able to get him later...use your first 2 picks on rb's (Rice/McCoy -round 1....Forte/Charles -round 2)...and dont miss the boat on Charles, this dude is back with a vegeance...

then go WR round 3 &4 ( I would go for homerun swings like Decker, Antonio Brown in that range as they will outperform the same fools who have been getting picked for years in that range)...

then round 5 go with Matt Ryan - huge year from him...or Romo/Peyton Manning as one of them will be on the board for you...

just my opinion, but I never pick a QB until round 6 and I have been in the finals every year I have played that strategy...6 years in a row now..

AmericanDream is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 12:35 AM
Alex The Loyal
Grimace Returns

Thanks guys. Now, an idea came to my head today.

Not keep Bradford, keep Graham of course.

Go RB, RB in the first two rounds, then WR in round 3, then the Graham pick of course in round 4, then go WR again in round 5, Then go RB again and try to snag a solid RB3 or RB in the flex in round 6. Then get my QB1 in round 7, and then two tight ends to be my TE1 and TE2 in rounds 8 and 9, like Brent Celek and Dustin Keller type guys. Good production, will get me the points I need. After that I'd just fill the bench and what not.

After the draft, I would trade Graham, My QB1 or QB2, and draft pick next year for a solid, maybe even very good QB1 and WR1 or WR2. This would give me some good balance on my roster, as it would leave me with solid QB's, great RB's, hopefully a great WR corps, and good TE's. It might be risky, but I'm sure people would pounce at the chance for Graham

Alex The Loyal is offline   Reply With Quote