HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

van-dal, van-fla

Old
08-13-2012, 04:28 AM
glovesave_35
Name

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
Vancouver wants a cup, and effectively doesn't give a **** about a prospect unless they're NHL ready. Hansen is a very valuable bottom six player, and I think Vancouver has less of a chance if winning it all without him.
Great because we'd rather keep Morrow and Oleksiak than take the package offered.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 04:31 AM
glovesave_35
Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhay1987 View Post
OP is at least in the ball park. Doubt GMJN let's Vancouver scheist a top prospect though. I think Hansen's a very good 3rd liner but at some point if Vancouver is going to actually win a Cup they need more overall grit in their game. Morrow isn't 2010 Olympics self anymore, but he is still a captain that would give a contending team all he's got when the going gets tough. He's exactly what the Canucks should be looking for.

Tanev has great potential as a shut down D but it's hard to see it happening in Vancouver where the too four is set in stone for several more years. He will be of greater use to someone other than Vancouver IMO.

I think from Vancouver's end, Raymond can replace a lot of what Hansen brings. Morrow brings qualities you just can't get out of young players.

Hansen and Tanev for Morrow and a B defense prospect or another bottom sizer?
We have plenty of young D/D prospects. We don't need Tanev.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 04:37 AM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Canucks dealing for Morrow doesn't make any sense.

Hansen makes $1.3 mil and Morrow makes $4.1 mil...

Hansen is coming off:
39 Points, +18, (14:53 mins/game), 118 hits, 23 give-aways to 39 take-aways

Morrow is coming off:
26 Points, +1, (17:02 mins/game), 130 hits, 41 give-aways to 18 take-aways

and Dallas wont move Oleksiuk for that difference + they need to be above the cap floor, which this deal worsens.

LickTheEnvelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 06:17 AM
DJOpus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imlach a cup View Post
Van fans shopping Tanev? As a RIT grad and Sabres fan you should shop in our direction. Hockey trade, who would you want.
Tanev is actually 100% in our lineup...I don't see us trading him unless is rediculously good for us - i.e. we get a better version of him back.

i.e. Tanev + Jensen + 1st + 2nd + 3rd for Myers
(no this is not something I seriously expect Buffalo to be interested in since they are not actually rebuilding and even if they were, why would they trade Myers?)

DJOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 08:08 AM
Vankiller Whale
Propaganda Minister

vCash: 900
I can't comment on value, but I have absolutely zero interest in any of the pieces coming back, with the exception of Oleksiak, whom I know nothing about...

Ellerby is underperforming, Shore is a B-prospect, Morrow looks like he's past his prime, and minor picks are minor picks.

I see no reason to pull the trigger on any of them. And if we're looking for sandpaper, I think Clowe is available, but anyways we should wait a bit to see if Kassian breaks out this season.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 08:16 AM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offdapost View Post
i swear to god i will vomit if i see another luongo to Florida trade, for the love of god people we have a log jam at goal tending
To be honest I think the Canucks are stuck with Lou . He being to picky on the teams he will go to . With his contract the Canucks need to find a Gm that is trying to save his job and he thinks Lou is the answer . If he ups the teams he will go to and Van drops their asking price they will be able to move him otherwise good luck next year carrying all that cap hit in 2 goalies .

supert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 09:58 AM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhay1987 View Post
OP is at least in the ball park. Doubt GMJN let's Vancouver scheist a top prospect though. I think Hansen's a very good 3rd liner but at some point if Vancouver is going to actually win a Cup they need more overall grit in their game. Morrow isn't 2010 Olympics self anymore, but he is still a captain that would give a contending team all he's got when the going gets tough. He's exactly what the Canucks should be looking for.

Tanev has great potential as a shut down D but it's hard to see it happening in Vancouver where the too four is set in stone for several more years. He will be of greater use to someone other than Vancouver IMO.

I think from Vancouver's end, Raymond can replace a lot of what Hansen brings. Morrow brings qualities you just can't get out of young players.

Hansen and Tanev for Morrow and a B defense prospect or another bottom sizer?
If that's what were doing, it would need to be Raymond and Tanev. Hansen is too valuable, I wouldn't move him alone for Morrow. The guy is all hustle, plays for ~1mil per year, and can score ~40 pts playing 3rd line minutes. We really have no reason to move the guy.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 10:07 AM
JuniorNelson

vCash: 894
The owners of Dallas and Vancouver have history. They aren't going to be doing any trades.

Luongo to Ottawa as soon as there is any hope for a full season this year. In the event of a fractional season played in a shortened time frame, I do not think the Canucks will move Luongo.

JuniorNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 10:37 AM
Vankiller Whale
Propaganda Minister

vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorNelson View Post
The owners of Dallas and Vancouver have history. They aren't going to be doing any trades.

Luongo to Ottawa as soon as there is any hope for a full season this year. In the event of a fractional season played in a shortened time frame, I do not think the Canucks will move Luongo.
Why? They have Anderson, who's an adequate goalie, and have some really nice goalie prospects as well.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 10:48 AM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Hansen for Morrow + 2nd would be better. Doubt Canucks' go for that.

Oleksiak isn't going anywhere.

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 11:55 AM
Ballgarath

I as a canuck fan do not want to see tanev get traded unless the other team way over pays. I would rather keep him and watch him become a top4 D-man , which he looks like he will become.Make all the arguments you want unless you way over pay go away id rather keep him please stop talking about a kid that no canuck fan and i doubt management would consider trading him either,you see we canucks fans have actually watched tanev play and grow from a prospect to a regular in our top6. No way we give up a player you see getting better and better right before our eyes for a maybe, at this point tanev IS in our top 6 and will be a top4 soon.

Ballgarath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 12:00 PM
CanucksSayEh

Tanev is gonna be awesome this year.

CanucksSayEh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 12:03 PM
Ballgarath

morrow would be a great edition to the Canucks , but giving up 22 for 34 usually isnt the smartest way to go , i understand morrow has his value but a couple years left in his career doesnt compete with 12-15 years tanev may have left in his career again no thank you.

Ballgarath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 05:04 PM
Pantherfan12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
I can't comment on value, but I have absolutely zero interest in any of the pieces coming back, with the exception of Oleksiak, whom I know nothing about...

Ellerby is underperforming, Shore is a B-prospect, Morrow looks like he's past his prime, and minor picks are minor picks.

I see no reason to pull the trigger on any of them. And if we're looking for sandpaper, I think Clowe is available, but anyways we should wait a bit to see if Kassian breaks out this season.
Ellerby isnt underperforming, he just hasn't been given the proper chance to break out. He's a great Dman who needs a good shot at really making a name for himself, and unfortunately he has Gudbranson,Kulikov, Campbell, Jovo, Kuba, and weaver to fight with for min, not to mention Petrovic. Shore will be a good player when his time comes. In all honesty, If Van and Fla become trading partners for Lu, don't expect more than Clemm, Theo, Upshall, Ellerby, maybe Shore and some picks to be included in the deal. (not all of them of coarse). To the Panthers, he's not worth that much and we won't damage our foundation for Lu.

Pantherfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 06:37 PM
Shawnathon

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Canuck View Post
That's not what your GM thinks..............
Our GM is more than confident with our goalies. He's just heard Loungo's about to be put on the shelf for 50% off at the nearest thrift shop so he's checking it out. Apparently a new toy called a Cory Schneider has surfaced.

Last edited by Shawnathon: 08-13-2012 at 06:50 PM.
Shawnathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 06:49 PM
TrillMike

Oleksiak isn't going anywhere. He's freaking giant (6'9 without skates and he's 18-19 years old) and one of our best prospects. I don't think Dallas and Vancouver are good trade partners.

TrillMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 07:09 PM
Henrik To Daniel

i would not do either of those deals. hansen alone is more valuable than morrow

Henrik To Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 07:20 PM
n00bxQb

Quote:
Originally Posted by supert View Post
To be honest I think the Canucks are stuck with Lou . He being to picky on the teams he will go to . With his contract the Canucks need to find a Gm that is trying to save his job and he thinks Lou is the answer . If he ups the teams he will go to and Van drops their asking price they will be able to move him otherwise good luck next year carrying all that cap hit in 2 goalies .
All that cap in 2 goalies

NSH, NYR, and VAN totally aren't going to be competitive next year w/ the 3 highest paid goaltending duos in the league

n00bxQb is offline   Reply With Quote