HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

HF-NYR Fantasy Keeper League - Voting Thread

View Poll Results: What direction should the league head in?
Continue on with the game the way it currently stands, no restrictions. 9 34.62%
Wipe the slate clean. 15 57.69%
Stop the game completely. 0 0%
Other. 2 7.69%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
08-12-2012, 10:47 PM
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
I don't mind either 1 or 2

Old
08-13-2012, 05:35 AM
Original Blue
Anaheim Ducks GM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NvincentYvalentineR View Post
I voted B. As long as I keep my 2nd ov I'm happy.
By the way in response to this, I actually have a serious problem with this going forward. I respect that some people want to restart slate even though I think that would be really hurting a lot of people without any benefit/protection of the future. My main problem however, is that teams earned these draft positions based on how their team did in the prior season. If the pick was traded away it was still based on the assessment of how their team did/would do. So if we are to start over these teams will go back and have no business to the draft pick they earned in that order. Teams like Buffalo, sorry it's just a very easy example, will have well built squads that would not have become the second worst team in the league, but are still rewarded with a high pick based on a team they do not manage anymore.

RKY of course you have the right to decide and I'll go along with whatever that is however, please take into account that if do start clean that the draft order should not be kept as it would create a very unfair advantage for a few teams.

Old
08-13-2012, 05:40 AM
darko

Keep going from here but just cap trades. Also if a deal is really loopside RKY should have an option of simply vetoing it.

Old
08-13-2012, 07:40 AM
NYR Viper

I think there should be a panel of (3) people who must vote on every trade. (2) yes's and it gets passed.

I am okay with whatever, however I just want to point out that Columbus would have won The Cup in 2013!

Old
08-13-2012, 07:53 AM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I think there should be a panel of (3) people who must vote on every trade. (2) yes's and it gets passed.

I am okay with whatever, however I just want to point out that Columbus would have won The Cup in 2013!
Yeah absolutely there will be a panel in place either way.

08-13-2012, 08:07 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
Yeah absolutely there will be a panel in place either way.
If you want to re-start just do it RKY. This game has been awesome but if you feel you want it to go in a different direction just do it and the good people will stay and the others will complain and leave.

Old
08-13-2012, 08:12 AM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
If you want to re-start just do it RKY. This game has been awesome but if you feel you want it to go in a different direction just do it and the good people will stay and the others will complain and leave.
But that's the thing that's holding me back right now. I know if we wipe the slate clean there will still be a billion trades and people will go back to building the teams as they want to. I just feel absolutely horrible for the bad teams that put in so much work for the future of their team. They can definitely replicate it again if we were to restart but I'd feel horrible for those GM's.

I know how much work GM's such as yourself, Dallas, Montreal, Winnipeg, etc put in. It's weighing on me heavily those teams. It'd be nice to restart and have everyone go back to making a ton of trades (but fairer this time) and starting from a even playing field but to just erase a lot if the work done by you guys would kill me. That's where the dilemma is for me currently.

Old
08-13-2012, 08:21 AM
The Dark Passenger
HFNYR Blues GM

Quote:

As long as the third member of the panel isn't this guy:

Old
08-13-2012, 08:23 AM
The Dark Passenger
HFNYR Blues GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
But that's the thing that's holding me back right now. I know if we wipe the slate clean there will still be a billion trades and people will go back to building the teams as they want to. I just feel absolutely horrible for the bad teams that put in so much work for the future of their team. They can definitely replicate it again if we were to restart but I'd feel horrible for those GM's.

I know how much work GM's such as yourself, Dallas, Montreal, Winnipeg, etc put in. It's weighing on me heavily those teams. It'd be nice to restart and have everyone go back to making a ton of trades (but fairer this time) and starting from a even playing field but to just erase a lot if the work done by you guys would kill me. That's where the dilemma is for me currently.
A word of advice if I may RKY.

You just gotta do what you think is right and what's best for the league. No matter what you are going to do, someone is going to be unhappy. So do what is best for you in the long run and what is best for the league in the long run.

I promise we will act civilized when you make your decision, whether we are happy about it or not.

Old
08-13-2012, 08:28 AM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Thanks DP.

Old
08-13-2012, 09:03 AM
Original Blue
Anaheim Ducks GM

So just as something to think about as a possible idea...

I don't know about everyone else but I've been thinking that in the event that we go the clean slate route, which as I've said seems to add more problems with handling the confusion of restarting in a fair manner, I would still pursue to do all of my trades. It's not as if I would do anything differently, I would just have to do it again. The main thing is that a committee is installed to keep balance.

SO instead of just restarting clean what if we retroactively allow the chosen committee to go through and veto any of the trades it feels are unfair. This would appease the people that want to keep their teams as well as calm everyone who feels the league is too unbalanced to compete anymore. It also prevents certain teams from getting an advantage in the sense imagine if they made a fair trade, but it didn't pan out for them this season. They now they have the chance to reject it because they can play Monday morning QB...

Old
08-13-2012, 11:17 AM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Original Blue View Post
By the way in response to this, I actually have a serious problem with this going forward. I respect that some people want to restart slate even though I think that would be really hurting a lot of people without any benefit/protection of the future. My main problem however, is that teams earned these draft positions based on how their team did in the prior season. If the pick was traded away it was still based on the assessment of how their team did/would do. So if we are to start over these teams will go back and have no business to the draft pick they earned in that order. Teams like Buffalo, sorry it's just a very easy example, will have well built squads that would not have become the second worst team in the league, but are still rewarded with a high pick based on a team they do not manage anymore.

RKY of course you have the right to decide and I'll go along with whatever that is however, please take into account that if do start clean that the draft order should not be kept as it would create a very unfair advantage for a few teams.
So then what would we do? Use the draft order from last year that we didn't earn any way?

08-13-2012, 11:20 AM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Original Blue View Post
So just as something to think about as a possible idea...

I don't know about everyone else but I've been thinking that in the event that we go the clean slate route, which as I've said seems to add more problems with handling the confusion of restarting in a fair manner, I would still pursue to do all of my trades. It's not as if I would do anything differently, I would just have to do it again. The main thing is that a committee is installed to keep balance.

SO instead of just restarting clean what if we retroactively allow the chosen committee to go through and veto any of the trades it feels are unfair. This would appease the people that want to keep their teams as well as calm everyone who feels the league is too unbalanced to compete anymore. It also prevents certain teams from getting an advantage in the sense imagine if they made a fair trade, but it didn't pan out for them this season. They now they have the chance to reject it because they can play Monday morning QB...
And then if a player in that trade was apart of another trade? What would you do? If I trade you 3 players, and you have already traded 1 away to another team, say the Islanders, would the Isladers lose their player and I get that player back, would I not get that player back?

I don't think there is a realistic way to do that.

Closed Thread