HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Big Mac's Bar & Lounge: Parks & Rec Season Premiere ^_^

Closed Thread

Old
08-12-2012, 02:39 PM
Penguins23
Le Magnifique

vCash: 500
Got plastered with some friends last night and now I have this song in my head.

08-12-2012, 03:13 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Stolen from the Humorous Pictures thread...

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Old
08-12-2012, 04:04 PM
End of Line
Human After All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguins23 View Post

Great song.

I've had this in my head all weekend.

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
Old
08-12-2012, 07:36 PM
MrBurgundy*
Time to move forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguins23 View Post

Hell I'm getting plastered as we speak. I feel like its my duty being on vacation fishing in Canada.

Old
08-12-2012, 09:20 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Let's start a radio show, Big.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DegenX View Post
That's almost sacrilege Chimay is awesome. Can't drink it too cold, though, or the deliciousness is impaired.

Has anyone here ever tried Chouchen? I'm kind of middle of the road when it comes to mead ... I keep meaning to try this place every time I'm in Columbus, but never seem to actually make it there http://brothersdrake.com/index.php?/home
But it makes the dew taste so much better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by End of Line View Post
CM Punk, thoughts on the USA's performance in London this year?

Old
08-12-2012, 09:48 PM
bathroomSTAAL
The halcyon days

I used to drink Dew like water and I was the same way - had to be poured into an actual glass or I wanted no part of it.

Thankfully I have cut it out of my repertoire completely, though I definitely miss it from time to time.

Old
08-12-2012, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBurgundy View Post
Hell I'm getting plastered as we speak. I feel like its my duty being on vacation fishing in Canada.
That's awesome man, how is it? Are you in Ontario? A few friends and I plan going next year.

Old
08-12-2012, 10:21 PM
Coach John McGuirk
Bylstarded

Any kind of soda, Mt. Dew most especially, gives me sour stomach like crazy when I drink it.

Old
08-12-2012, 10:34 PM
JTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainZappBrannigan View Post
Any kind of soda, Mt. Dew most especially, gives me sour stomach like crazy when I drink it.

Old
08-12-2012, 10:39 PM
Coach John McGuirk
Bylstarded

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post

Old
08-12-2012, 11:39 PM
invictus

People are crazy.

I don't have cable, so each Sunday evening I've been going to chill with a friend who does to watch Breaking Bad.

On the way home tonight, I stop for gas at a gas station just off the highway. This car comes to a screeching hault and drives in. This guy hops out and yells my name, and it was a dude who was in my first ship in the Navy around 6 years ago, lol. Small world, right?

So, I ask him what the eff he is doing in Kansas since he is from New Mexico and I know he got out a few years ago. He then tells me the craziest story ever. So, he and his wife were high school sweethearts in New Mexico, and got married right after he went in the Navy. They just got divorced after 6 years and they have 2 kids together, ages 2 and 5. No big thing, right?

Turns out he was headed back home after dropping her off at her mom's in Missouri (she lived with her dad in NM in high school I guess) because they split. I asked what happened, and it turns out she met a dude on the internet and decided she was in love with him, lol. He seemed kind of resigned to the whole thing, and we bull****ted a few minutes and he got back in his car and headed off.

So, I had her number from way back when still because we had done couples things together when I was dating some girl at our first duty station that she had introduced me to. I text her and we kinda catch up a bit, so I just ask her about this dude.

Long story short (I know this is already long for a message board post), but she is flying to DC to see this new man next month. I asked her if she'd really been having something with him for 5 years while being married, and she said yes, but that she didn't think it was wrong since they never had sex. I said that was definitely a positive, but asked how many times she met this other guy before she knew it was the real deal.

THEY HAVE NEVER MET IN PERSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot get over this. She met this did in a chat room when she was pregnant with her first kid and they have had an ongoing "relationship" through texting, phone calls, and Skype ever since. Not a single in-person meeting! And she left her husband for this dude without meeting him once first! How insane is this? lol.

Sorry for the rambling, but I had to share, hahahahaha.

I mean, what are the odds this dude is driving past this particular gas station at this time this late on a Sunday? What are the odds that a woman would break up her home over an internet person? I mean, this is just insanity, I can hardly believe it is true, lol. But I can't stop laughing.

Old
08-12-2012, 11:45 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

that is a ridiculous story

also, breaking bad is awesome.

Old
08-12-2012, 11:52 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Girls have tendencies to think the world is perfect elsewhere. So they always freak out and run to it. In this case, mystery man #1 is exciting. He could be anything to her. Once they settle down and start a relationship, she will be bored. It happens alllllllllllll the time. Reset and restart the cycle. It's amazing how many times I've heard a story or had a friend of mine explain to me why moving away is a great idea to find herself.

The crazy part of the story is a guy flying into the gas station yelling your name. That would have been so wild at night. I probably would have been freaked out.

Old
08-13-2012, 01:29 AM
invictus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
Girls have tendencies to think the world is perfect elsewhere. So they always freak out and run to it. In this case, mystery man #1 is exciting. He could be anything to her. Once they settle down and start a relationship, she will be bored. It happens alllllllllllll the time. Reset and restart the cycle. It's amazing how many times I've heard a story or had a friend of mine explain to me why moving away is a great idea to find herself.

The crazy part of the story is a guy flying into the gas station yelling your name. That would have been so wild at night. I probably would have been freaked out.
Yeah, it took me a second to process because I was cleaning my windows and thinking about the Breaking Bad episode and then I was like "wait, some dude is yelling my name"

Definitely not the best situational awareness moment, haha.

Sadly, it is bedtime....49 weeks left on a year contract at a place I already hate. Whoohoo!

Old
08-13-2012, 02:17 AM
Blitzburgh87*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainZappBrannigan View Post
Same here its crazy. Take a few tums, works like a charm trust me.

Old
08-13-2012, 05:42 AM
Antaris
Totally Trustworthy

So much good music nowadays.

Old
08-13-2012, 05:51 AM
MrBurgundy*
Time to move forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71 View Post
That's awesome man, how is it? Are you in Ontario? A few friends and I plan going next year.
Yeah in Ontario along the Martin River above North Bay. Weather has sucked so far though.

Old
08-13-2012, 08:38 AM
End of Line
Human After All

My search for a job could come to an end today, have an interview at Honda of America today.

Old
08-13-2012, 08:41 AM
DegenX
#FireMorehouse

Quote:
My search for a job could come to an end today, have an interview at Honda of America today.
Kick ass!

Old
08-13-2012, 08:46 AM
End of Line
Human After All

Quote:
Kick ass!
Thanks. This is where I would work and what I'd be making.

Old
08-13-2012, 08:50 AM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:

nice. good luck. if they offer to let you pick a friend to be hired with you, I am available

Old
08-13-2012, 09:23 AM
Tasty Biscuits
with fancy sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
Girls have tendencies to think the world is perfect elsewhere. So they always freak out and run to it. In this case, mystery man #1 is exciting. He could be anything to her.
He could even be a mystery man!

(Quote just made me think of that old Family Guy joke with the boat and the mystery box).

Old
08-13-2012, 10:19 AM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

A) WhatTH is Chimay? Is that like one of those "sparkling beers" where instead of having a bitter aftertaste / hoppy, it has a sweet finish? I've had one of those before. I think it was called

As I recall, very tasty. But I can never find it even at the good beer places now.

Quote:

So true on both counts. We are a nation of contradictions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by invictus View Post
People are crazy.

[....blah blah this ***** is crazy...] but asked how many times she met this other guy before she knew it was the real deal.

THEY HAVE NEVER MET IN PERSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot get over this. She met this did in a chat room when she was pregnant with her first kid and they have had an ongoing "relationship" through texting, phone calls, and Skype ever since. Not a single in-person meeting! And she left her husband for this dude without meeting him once first! How insane is this? lol.
Approximately this insane. One more for good measure.

She deserves whatever she gets short of physical violence. I hope the guy turns out to be roughly approximate to this:

Quote:
Nice! Hope it goes well for you!

Old
08-13-2012, 11:10 AM
JTG

Quote:

My favorite car. I go to the auto shows every year, and the TL is by far the best package of any sort of luxury sedan.

Incredible sound system in those things.

Old
08-13-2012, 11:15 AM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post

Approximately this insane. One more for good measure.

She deserves whatever she gets short of physical violence. I hope the guy turns out to be roughly approximate to this:

I mean, ya she's insane. But somehow I get the feeling you don't know how skype works

Closed Thread