HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal Impact - 2012 MLS Entry Season Thread 10.0 ‎

Closed Thread

Old
08-13-2012, 08:48 AM
Maxpac

vCash: 500
How about Shea from Dallas as a target? Mapp and Arnaud are absolute garbage players right now. Mapp runs and looks like he's 50 years old and Arnaud is by far the worst passer on the team, his crosses are cringe worthy to he honest...

Old
08-13-2012, 09:09 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Big big win last night for the Impact!!

Old
08-13-2012, 11:13 AM
L4vK

I dont think Dallas want to get rid of Shea, he is their future.

Btw, Shea is the perfect winger on a 4-2-3-1... he fits like a glove

Old
08-13-2012, 11:14 AM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
How about Shea from Dallas as a target? Mapp and Arnaud are absolute garbage players right now. Mapp runs and looks like he's 50 years old and Arnaud is by far the worst passer on the team, his crosses are cringe worthy to he honest...
Lee Nguyen is a pretty good player. I'd trade Mapp+ for him straight up.

Old
08-13-2012, 12:46 PM
Bud2790

Reading the comments in this thread + watching the highlight vid on MLS's website, it looked like a very ugle win, but I guess a W is a W..even sweeter that it was on the road!

We're in tough vs San Jose on Saturday, but I think we can at least come out with a tie.

Old
08-13-2012, 12:49 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post
Lee Nguyen is a pretty good player. I'd trade Mapp+ for him straight up.
Why the heck would Boston accept that offer?

Old
08-13-2012, 12:52 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud2790 View Post
Reading the comments in this thread + watching the highlight vid on MLS's website, it looked like a very ugle win, but I guess a W is a W..even sweeter that it was on the road!

We're in tough vs San Jose on Saturday, but I think we can at least come out with a tie.
Nesta vs Wondolowski should be a lot fun to watch. I just hope March starts swallowing his pride and benches our 2 useless vets for our better, younger players.

Old
08-13-2012, 12:59 PM
Riverside Habs Fan

Send a message via AIM to Riverside Habs Fan Send a message via MSN to Riverside Habs Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
The big teams are gonna hammer us. I'm getting the feeling that SJ will give this team a good pounding. 5-1 or something.
I really don't think the Impact will get pounded. They squeaked by Seattle this weekend who the Impact killed not to long ago at home.

My concerned, and it has been all season, is defending set pieces. Both of SJ goals against Seattle came from corner kicks. I think this is where Nesta will be priceless for the Impact.

As long as the Impact can shut down SJ on set pieces they should be fine.

Old
08-13-2012, 01:24 PM
Riverside Habs Fan

Send a message via AIM to Riverside Habs Fan Send a message via MSN to Riverside Habs Fan
Here is a Rumour regarding Camara:

http://www.foot-national.com/foot-tr...medium=twitter

Transferts : Camara entre la France et l'Angleterre

Après avoir quitté la France pour rejoindre le Canada et l'Impact Montréal qui évolue actuellement dans le championnat MLS, le solide défenseur Hassoun Camara refait parler de lui sur le marché des transferts, bien que le joueur de 28 ans ne manque de rien dans sa formation actuelle qui lui a permis de rencontrer des joueurs de renommée mondiale comme l'attaquant international Thierry Henry.

<<Selon nos informations, l'ancien joueur de l'Olympique de Marseille et Bastia seraient sur les tablettes d'équipes de Ligue 2 mais surtout de clubs anglais qui aimeraient s'attacher ses services, on citera notamment Crystal Palace ou Leeds United qui sont sur les rangs de Camara.>>

Old
08-13-2012, 01:28 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
The big teams are gonna hammer us. I'm getting the feeling that SJ will give this team a good pounding. 5-1 or something.
We dominated NYRB at Saputo Stadium, I don't think SJ will pound us. They might beat us, but we'll be in the game. Especially with Nesta back.

Old
08-13-2012, 01:28 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Re: Camara. Great... His style fits perfectly on the team with his physicality and athleticism. People don't realize it but Nesta and Ferrari are near retirement. Maybe Nesta can play a little more but his legs may not hold him up.

Old
08-13-2012, 01:30 PM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Why the heck would Boston accept that offer?
No idea

Old
08-13-2012, 01:30 PM
pine*

Speaking of Camara... http://www.foot-national.com/foot-tr...rre-37602.html

Selon nos informations, l'ancien joueur de l'Olympique de Marseille et Bastia seraient sur les tablettes d'équipes de Ligue 2 mais surtout de clubs anglais qui aimeraient s'attacher ses services, on citera notamment Crystal Palace ou Leeds United qui sont sur les rangs de Camara.

Old
08-13-2012, 01:37 PM
NewBlood

Unless he really wants to go back to France, I don't see why he would go back to play in Ligue 2, I don't think that would be an upgrade from playing on the Impact.

Does anyone know if there's a trade deadline (trade within the MLS, not intl' transfer window)?

Old
08-13-2012, 01:39 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBlood View Post
Unless he really wants to go back to France, I don't see why he would go back to play in Ligue 2, I don't think that would be an upgrade from playing on the Impact.

Does anyone know if there's a trade deadline (trade within the MLS, not intl' transfer window)?
Well, we'd have to let him go if he is under contract, wouldn't we?

Old
08-13-2012, 01:43 PM
NewBlood

We would. Depends what the offered transfer fee would be but I doubt NDS would agree unless the amount is substantial...

Old
08-13-2012, 01:44 PM
NewBlood

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
How to make sure we get in the playoffs? Win out

Must Wins: DC --> Columbus --> Chicago --> Houston --> New England

If we get all of those, and possibly other points elsewhere, I think we could have a chance @ getting 4th or 5th. Lets just hope teams around the league help us. Especially when teams from the West play vs Teams @ East
I just bought tickets for the next three home games. Hopefully, they'll still be in the race by September 22nd!

Old
08-13-2012, 01:47 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Last night's game was maybe the first one this season where we did not play well but managed to win nonetheless. Call it scrappy, call it lucky, call it what you will; we'll take it! Watching New England made me realize that the thing we lack the most on our team is an uber-creative player like Nguyen. We have a lot of useful north-south types, but no one with any upper echelon playmaking and dribbling skills. I totally agree that the wing position is the next place to get an upgrade. Neither Mapp nor Arnaud are what you would call stating 11 material.

That said, i feel fairly comfortable with the rest of our team. The defense seems stable and deep. the middle of the pitch players have been good to great all year long. It's really just the wings who failed to be consistent, whether it be with crosses or creating chances, all season long.

Old
08-13-2012, 02:38 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverside Habs Fan View Post

Après avoir quitté la France pour rejoindre le Canada et l'Impact Montréal qui évolue actuellement dans le championnat MLS, le solide défenseur Hassoun Camara refait parler de lui sur le marché des transferts, bien que le joueur de 28 ans ne manque de rien dans sa formation actuelle qui lui a permis de rencontrer des joueurs de renommée mondiale comme l'attaquant international Thierry Henry.

<<Selon nos informations, l'ancien joueur de l'Olympique de Marseille et Bastia seraient sur les tablettes d'équipes de Ligue 2 mais surtout de clubs anglais qui aimeraient s'attacher ses services, on citera notamment Crystal Palace ou Leeds United qui sont sur les rangs de Camara.>>
Interesting for England

If Crystal Palace or Leeds United call me, and guarantee me a Top 4 Center back spot in their depth chart, I'd probably accept the offer. Can't rule them out of getting promoted to the PL anytime soon. But I think If Camara leaves, it will be for Ligue 2, where he is more "comfortable" and familiar with the teams & surroundings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBlood View Post
We would. Depends what the offered transfer fee would be but I doubt NDS would agree unless the amount is substantial...

I could easily see them accepting anything over/around 500K to help pay for MDV's salary so that they have a bigger budget in players to bring next season

Old
08-13-2012, 02:43 PM
FF de Mars

If we could trade up and draft Matt Lodge, it would be genius.

http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/article/4397

http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/...draft-profiles

Old
08-13-2012, 03:19 PM
Captain Saku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverside Habs Fan View Post

Ughh would hate that. Camara is fairly young and can still play for many years.

If Camara improves his passing and can better distribute the ball allowing to build up an attack he can defintely play in Ligue 1.

Old
08-13-2012, 03:27 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

FIFA13.. Matteo Ferrari will have less speed than Alessandro Nesta lol. According to EA Logic, Matteo Ferrari is just a little bit faster than Per Mertesacker.

http://www.chuzzz.com/UT13/

MDV will be a beast though

Last edited by LaurentHabs: 08-13-2012 at 03:33 PM.
Old
08-13-2012, 03:47 PM
Zilo44

Where do you see that ?

Old
08-13-2012, 03:49 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

The Link mate.

http://www.impactmontreal.com/en/new...beats-revs-3-1

Our reserve team will win the reserve team championship

Old
08-13-2012, 03:57 PM
Zilo44

Whenever I enter a name and click search, I remain unanswered !

Closed Thread