HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumor and Proposal Thread Part II

Closed Thread

Old
08-10-2012, 10:33 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by okgooil View Post
I would love to deal Omark for a D man, but we need to realize he really has next to no value.
well if it is true at the draft that they offered Omark around the league for a pick--his value is next to nothing. I think Omarks future is here in europe

Heaven wont take me and hell is afraid I'd take 0ver
Old
08-10-2012, 05:05 PM
Sabretip

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 View Post
This team is a 26th place team. Even if we pick up, say, a Regehr/Hjalmarsson caliber D, I don't think it changes our place very much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexttothemoon View Post
I could see something around Regehr... but I certainly wouldn't give up much for him. He's a solid bottom pairing dman at this stege but he isn't a high priority.
Quote:
Originally Posted by worraps View Post
Eklund rumor: Oilers moving young top 6 forward for a "significant" defenesman.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Seems to be some speculation from some newly joined HF Sabres fans that something is in the works between the two clubs. Names being thrown out there are Gagner, Paajarvi, Hartikainen, Regehr, Leopold, Sekera, and Luke Adam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by notloilersfan View Post
I'm going to keep this one away from Sabres fans, would something around Paajarvi + O'mark for Adam + Regehr be a deal either team is interested in? Not sure Sabres would want to lose that much toughness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky4PM View Post
Regher is a Willie Mitchell waiting to happen. A former top pairing guy who needs to change his game a bit to become a rock-steady no.4 guy for the next 3-4 years.
Quote:
I'm going to keep this one away from Sabres fans, would something around Paajarvi + O'mark for Adam + Regehr be a deal either team is interested in? Not sure Sabres would want to lose that much toughness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oiler-dude View Post
I'd absolutely love it if we could get Regehr for a reasonable price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexttothemoon View Post
I like the looks of that defensive lineup. I don't think Regehr would be very expensive to acquire either. Make it so Tambo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
Actually Regehr makes a lot more sense.
The Oilers desperately need a veteran strong, physical defenseman who can potentially play top 4 minutes.

I don't think that Buffalo trades Regehr anyway only because just like us, they really lack in the toughness department.
The Sabres used the trade for Regehr not only to strengthen their roster but their overall image around the NHL of being a place players would want to play - by persuading a respected veteran who had been with the same team his entire career like Regehr was to waive his NTC, the Sabres gained some positive PR in dismissing the negative reputation the city/franchise has had. Pegula also personally was involved in flying to meet Regehr and his wife and selling him on the city and team in Buffalo - so for the Sabres to trade Regehr only 1 year after that kind of PR victory would not only undermine what they accomplished but probably do more damage because of the perception of dishonesty by the Sabres in saying one thing to get a player to agree to sign/accept a trade, then ship him off thereafter when it suits them.

For that very big reason and....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
If the Sabres are moving a "significant" defenseman, it's probably going to be Leopold since he's close to redundancy with a couple of the kids they have pushing up from the farm. And they've stated they want to be a harder team to play against so dealing Regehr seems odd in light of their public commentary about direction. He's the hardest guy they have on the back end. Just tossing my 2 cents in...
....this one, Regehr can more or less be considered an untouchable. He'll only be available if he asks to be traded or if the Sabres decide not to re-sign him next summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by okgooil View Post
I could see Sekera or Erhoff being dealt, both are owed quite a bit of money.
Ehrhoff was signed as the Sabres' # 2 defenseman - and another key piece of the Sabres' image make-over last summer. Plus, he has a NTC. Don't figure him to be traded.

The consensus among Buffalo fans and media members is that if the Sabres deal a veteran defenseman, it will be one of Leopold (pending UFA), Sekera, Weber (albeit remote because of his relationship with Ott) or Pardy.

Last edited by Sabretip: 08-10-2012 at 05:11 PM.
Old
08-10-2012, 11:48 PM
Asher

I got this off the trade proposal board. Just killed me laughing!

Old
08-11-2012, 12:29 AM
Bryanbryoil
Paying Off A Bet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher View Post
I got this off the trade proposal board. Just killed me laughing!

Rofl! That's hilarious!

08-12-2012, 09:55 PM
Paralyzer008

A screenshot in NHL 13 shows Buffalo rejecting a Lander for Weber offer

I wouldn't do that.

Old
08-12-2012, 11:49 PM
McRib
2nd Rate Fan

Treenasoil is saying there's no truth to the Buffalo rumours. As Per Garfield/Odie/Jon/Lyman.

So I guess we're going to trade with them?

Old
08-13-2012, 12:22 AM
nexttothemoon
The Drive for Nine

They are both so full of **** neither even have the ability to cancel each other out because they have no sources.

Old
08-13-2012, 12:08 PM
BlueChip01
HFBoards Sponsor

I won't name him but I heard from a reliable Oilers source out and about this weekend who said the Oilers are really targeting a high end RFA. I am guessing a trade.

Last edited by Bryanbryoil: 08-13-2012 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Protecting source's identity, Source confirmed via PM
Old
08-13-2012, 12:13 PM
Skm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueChip01 View Post
I won't name himbut I heard from a reliable Oilers source out and about this weekend who said the Oilers are really targeting a high end RFA. I am guessing a trade.
Hmm, very interesting.

Jeremy Welsh? Apparently he's a $18M cap hit: http://capgeek.com/free_agents.php?y...1&fa_type_id=1

Seriously though, it has to be Subban, Del Zotto, Kulikov, or Carlson (assuming it's D). Forward RFA's are O'Reilly, E.Kane, Benn, and Ennis.

They are all young, key pieces to their teams and therefore I can't see any of these players being traded by their teams unless there is some kind of strife behind the scenes that we don't know about.

Last edited by Bryanbryoil: 08-13-2012 at 03:03 PM.
Old
08-13-2012, 12:34 PM
Asher

Quote:
I won't name himbut I heard from a reliable Oilers source out and about this weekend who said the Oilers are really targeting a high end RFA. I am guessing a trade.
They can target whomever they want, but when it comes to trades, their aim hasn't been very good. Sorry to sound pessimistic but this team does that to you after a while.

Last edited by Bryanbryoil: 08-13-2012 at 03:03 PM.
Old
08-13-2012, 01:16 PM
BlueChip01
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher View Post
They can target whomever they want, but when it comes to trades, their aim hasn't been very good. Sorry to sound pessimistic but this team does that to you after a while.
I'm in the same boat as you. I have heard stuff over and over whether it's at some restaurant and you run into somebody or on the radio. I don't get any hopes up for trades.

I think if when it happens, it will just come out of the blue.

Old
08-13-2012, 01:18 PM
Bryanbryoil
Paying Off A Bet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobs View Post
Treenasoil is saying there's no truth to the Buffalo rumours. As Per Garfield/Odie/Jon/Lyman.

So I guess we're going to trade with them?
I wouldn't trust manbearpig as far as I could throw it.

That said I have been told by a few people unaffiliated with the Oilers that there might actually be smoke there. We'll find out soon enough I suppose.

Old
08-13-2012, 01:21 PM
Lowe in Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skm View Post
Hmm, very interesting.

Jeremy Welsh? Apparently he's a $18M cap hit: http://capgeek.com/free_agents.php?y...1&fa_type_id=1

Seriously though, it has to be Subban, Del Zotto, Kulikov, or Carlson (assuming it's D). Forward RFA's are O'Reilly, E.Kane, Benn, and Ennis.

They are all young, key pieces to their teams and therefore I can't see any of these players being traded by their teams unless there is some kind of strife behind the scenes that we don't know about.

Please NOT Subban.
I hope it's Carlson.

Old
08-13-2012, 01:26 PM
Bryanbryoil
Paying Off A Bet

Quote:
Well hopefully it works out and we get the guy that we are pursuing.

Last edited by Bryanbryoil: 08-13-2012 at 03:04 PM.
Old
08-13-2012, 01:41 PM
doubledown99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowe in Oil View Post
Please NOT Subban.
I hope it's Carlson.
I don't get the hate Subban gets. Lots of knowledgeable people have said that PK has rare ability. Lidstrom has raved about him in the past. Even Bobby Holik had some really good things to say about him:

"What interests me is P.K. Subban and the reaction, attention – positive and negative -he’s getting around the league. P.K. Is a player with tremendous potential, and he brings lot different dimensions to the game. The great Dennis Potvin recently said it very well – Subban’s game is complex. It will take little more time for him to refine it, but when he does, he will be a stellar defenseman for many years to come.

What’s great about watching P.K. is his passionate-physical play. He’s dynamic offensively, and most of all, he has his own personality
."
http://holikonhockey.com/bobby-blog/pk-subban/

I would love to have Subban on the Oilers. He would be the difference maker on the back end to compliment the difference makers we have up front. If Oilers have a chance to get him, I would be ecstatic

Old
08-13-2012, 01:47 PM
Skm

Gilbert Brule signed in the Swiss League this morning.

Hopefully he can make his way back to the NHL at some point, always had a soft spot for the kid because of the style of game he played.

Old
08-13-2012, 01:49 PM
Bryanbryoil
Paying Off A Bet

Quote:
Gilbert Brule signed in the Swiss League this morning.

Hopefully he can make his way back to the NHL at some point, always had a soft spot for the kid because of the style of game he played.
IMO his health was his biggest issue, too bad, guy had a great shot, speed to burn, and a big heart.

Old
08-13-2012, 01:56 PM
Skm

Quote:
IMO his health was his biggest issue, too bad, guy had a great shot, speed to burn, and a big heart.
Exactly. I always got the vibe that his motor was too big for his body. Since junior he's played hard and fast, throwing and taking a large amount of hits. Being an undersized player, gotta think that played a role in his string of injuries.

Old
08-13-2012, 03:12 PM
Turrican*
Not a homer

Imagine if Brule had Penners frame...

Old
08-13-2012, 03:14 PM
Bryanbryoil
Paying Off A Bet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreator View Post
Imagine if Brule had Penners frame...
Yeah we'd be talking about a Lindros type hitter!

Old
08-13-2012, 03:30 PM
OilerTyler
Fire Lowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Rishaug
Oilers have resumed preliminary talks with Taylor Halls camp on a contract extension. #tsn
https://twitter.com/TSNRyanRishaug/s...10814565167104

Old
08-13-2012, 03:36 PM
Turrican*
Not a homer

Quote:
Yeah we'd be talking about a Lindros type hitter!
What a beast he would be...

Old
08-13-2012, 03:54 PM
notloilersfan
I'm here, I'm bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerTyler View Post
Get him and Eberle Locked down to six year deals, at Tavares/Skinner Type money.

Old
08-13-2012, 04:14 PM
OilerTyler
Fire Lowe

Quote:
Get him and Eberle Locked down to six year deals, at Tavares/Skinner Type money.
I'm sure management will move on to Eberle as soon as Hall is signed.

They'll probably offer Eberle the exact same contract.

Old
08-13-2012, 04:17 PM
Cerebral

Quote:
Exactly. I always got the vibe that his motor was too big for his body. Since junior he's played hard and fast, throwing and taking a large amount of hits. Being an undersized player, gotta think that played a role in his string of injuries.
Brule always reminded me a lot of Dustin Boyd. Not in regards to their style of play but more so in that they both tried to play like big men but had small bodies. Flames fans were justifiably excited about Boyd's potential following a great junior season in Moose Jaw (48 goals!) followed by a near point-per-game rookie season in the AHL.

I was never high on Boyd because he scored a ton of his goals from in front of the net. He didn't score them like Eberle though where he finds the open space - he simply stood there, took a beating and banged the puck home.

Just like that style of play wasn't likely to transition well to the NHL, Brule's power forward style at under 6'0 didn't work either. If not for the injuries though, I also wondered if Brule could try to model his game after Peca and try to become a really complete two-way guy.