HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

Petre's NHL 13 GM Connected Confirmed Trades

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-13-2012, 01:44 PM
  #51
Erza Scarlet
following the mantle
 
Erza Scarlet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Requiem
Posts: 8,289
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leafinsider View Post
Why would they be vetoed if he likes the trades? Thats like saying the league should have vetoed Brian Burke from trading Seguin, Hamilton, Knight for Phil Kessel.

In my trade he still gets Simmonds (young powerforward to replace seto, who only had 19 goals last year). Grossman (like 82-84 overall in NHL 13). etc.

You have to look at the trades from an NHL 13 standpoint, not real life scenarios.

Also, factor in peoples favourite players. I will overpay a **** ton for a guy I love and it might be someone who is not even good.

Take for instance, Lauri Korpikoski. He may have little value to you but since hes been in the game he has been a stud for me somehow and i love him in my bottom 6. Therefore id overpay for him.
to keep the league competitive and not allow one guy to ruin the league for everybody.

Erza Scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 01:46 PM
  #52
sartaj22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 73
vCash: 500
bs

i dont think the granlund trade should be vetoed, since i got granlund i was able to move other players on my team becuase i thought granlund would be able to fill those... if this gets reversed then everything will just be a mess, plus i think it was a fair trade, i mean granlund hasnt even played in the nhl yet, i gave up couple of piecess

sartaj22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 01:48 PM
  #53
Bay Bone
Registered User
 
Bay Bone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 98
vCash: 500
I understand your point Erza, however there are unbalanced trades and then there are outlandish trades. Neither are outlandish nor look "unfair" to me.

You can review them and keep in mind NHL 13 player ratings not NHL real life opinions on players.

Or better yet, someone should speak to Fraodi personally on xbox live and make sure he is legit. I believe this would solve this issues.

Bay Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 01:54 PM
  #54
matt1396
Registered User
 
matt1396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,224
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leafinsider View Post
Why would they be vetoed if he likes the trades? Thats like saying the league should have vetoed Brian Burke from trading Seguin, Hamilton, Knight for Phil Kessel.

In my trade he still gets Simmonds (young powerforward to replace seto, who only had 19 goals last year). Grossman (like 82-84 overall in NHL 13). etc.

You have to look at the trades from an NHL 13 standpoint, not real life scenarios.

Also, factor in peoples favourite players. I will overpay a **** ton for a guy I love and it might be someone who is not even good.

Take for instance, Lauri Korpikoski. He may have little value to you but since hes been in the game he has been a stud for me somehow and i love him in my bottom 6. Therefore id overpay for him.
That trade just isn't even close to fair, cmon you essentially gave up a borderline top 6 player, a borderline top 4 dman, a 4th line center, and a 2nd round pick for one of the top d-men in the league and a top 6 player, that for sure is getting vetoed.

matt1396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 01:56 PM
  #55
matt1396
Registered User
 
matt1396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,224
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sartaj22 View Post
i dont think the granlund trade should be vetoed, since i got granlund i was able to move other players on my team becuase i thought granlund would be able to fill those... if this gets reversed then everything will just be a mess, plus i think it was a fair trade, i mean granlund hasnt even played in the nhl yet, i gave up couple of piecess
yeah but Granlund is a top prospect who will become a top 6 or top 3 Center in this league, all you gave up were some bottom 6 players. and you got a better one in Clutterbuck. That trade isn't fair.

matt1396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 02:00 PM
  #56
Bay Bone
Registered User
 
Bay Bone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 98
vCash: 500
I will break down the trade myself to see how fair it is to outsider views.

Devon Setoguchi:
NHL12 Rating 84
19 goals, 36 points
Possible regression, expected 82-84 rating

Ryan Suter
NHL12 Rating 87
7 goals, 46 points
Rating has been shown to be 87 on screenshots for NHL 13

For:

Wayne Simmonds
NHL12 Rating 83
28 goals, 49 points
Expected rating increase 83-85

Nicklas Grossman
NHL12 Rating 82
11 assists
Expected to stay around the same at 82

Max Talbot
NHL12 Rating 80?
19 goals, 34 points
Expected rating increase so we will say 82 ish

2013 Philly 2nd Round Pick
-Think what a 2nd round pick can land you in the NHL, bottom pairing D, bottom 6 effective forward etc...

Thats about as fair as a deal gets in my opinion. I would like to hear your rebuttals.

Bay Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 02:02 PM
  #57
sartaj22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 73
vCash: 500
id say ward and clutterbuck are the same but whatever, i wasnt trying to screw over anyone, we had about 10 msgs of negotiating, and you should know me matt we just made a big trade yesterday! i try to be as fair as i can

sartaj22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 02:02 PM
  #58
matt1396
Registered User
 
matt1396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,224
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leafinsider View Post
I will break down the trade myself to see how fair it is to outsider views.

Devon Setoguchi:
NHL12 Rating 84
19 goals, 36 points
Possible regression, expected 82-84 rating

Ryan Suter
NHL12 Rating 87
7 goals, 46 points
Rating has been shown to be 87 on screenshots for NHL 13

For:

Wayne Simmonds
NHL12 Rating 83
28 goals, 49 points
Expected rating increase 83-85

Nicklas Grossman
NHL12 Rating 82
11 assists
Expected to stay around the same at 82

Max Talbot
NHL12 Rating 80?
19 goals, 34 points
Expected rating increase so we will say 82 ish

2013 Philly 2nd Round Pick
-Think what a 2nd round pick can land you in the NHL, bottom pairing D, bottom 6 effective forward etc...

Thats about as fair as a deal gets in my opinion. I would like to hear your rebuttals.
The ratings are going down this year for guys like Talbot as they want to make the gap between star players like Crosby and fourth liners like Colton Orr far away. That trade just isn't fair. You should at least be giving up a top 6 forward in that trade and a better defenceman then Grossman.

matt1396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 02:03 PM
  #59
Erza Scarlet
following the mantle
 
Erza Scarlet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Requiem
Posts: 8,289
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sartaj22 View Post
i dont think the granlund trade should be vetoed, since i got granlund i was able to move other players on my team becuase i thought granlund would be able to fill those... if this gets reversed then everything will just be a mess, plus i think it was a fair trade, i mean granlund hasnt even played in the nhl yet, i gave up couple of piecess
well if you were offered me a bunch of crappy players (fine not crappy but basically useless players) for practically a top 3 prospect, yeah I would give you a slap if I could.
I can't believe you even had the nerve to offer those pieces for Granlund.

Not going to even mention the Suter trade. It looks bad and is bad and you should feel bad. lol


Last edited by Erza Scarlet: 08-13-2012 at 02:08 PM.
Erza Scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 02:03 PM
  #60
Bay Bone
Registered User
 
Bay Bone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 98
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1396 View Post
That trade just isn't even close to fair, cmon you essentially gave up a borderline top 6 player, a borderline top 4 dman, a 4th line center, and a 2nd round pick for one of the top d-men in the league and a top 6 player, that for sure is getting vetoed.
You look at trades in real-life NHL scenarios. NHL 13 does not take into account a lot of different things such as real-life does. For example, leadership, personality etc.

Sure in real-life this trade would be severely lopsided. On a video game where what matters is player ratings, this is as fair as any other.

Bay Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 02:03 PM
  #61
matt1396
Registered User
 
matt1396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,224
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sartaj22 View Post
id say ward and clutterbuck are the same but whatever, i wasnt trying to screw over anyone, we had about 10 msgs of negotiating, and you should know me matt we just made a big trade yesterday! i try to be as fair as i can
yeah I know, but Granlund is a top prospect and I want this league to be fair, but that doesn't mean there can't be stacked teams. It just means you have to give the other guy fair value for the players your getting. You guys can feel free to rework that trade however.

matt1396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 02:05 PM
  #62
matt1396
Registered User
 
matt1396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,224
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leafinsider View Post
You look at trades in real-life NHL scenarios. NHL 13 does not take into account a lot of different things such as real-life does. For example, leadership, personality etc.

Sure in real-life this trade would be severely lopsided. On a video game where what matters is player ratings, this is as fair as any other.
I would say yes to that but here is the thing. You are getting an 87 overall (or 88 I think I saw in a video) d-man. There aren't to many of those in the league. Your also getting Setoguchi who is way better than the guys you are giving up. You guys can rework the trade but right now there is no way this trade is going through.

matt1396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 02:06 PM
  #63
sartaj22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 73
vCash: 500
yeah yeah alright nothing i can do

sartaj22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 02:07 PM
  #64
sartaj22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 73
vCash: 500
and erza, its not my fault the offer got accepted loll, im not to blame here

sartaj22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 02:09 PM
  #65
sartaj22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 73
vCash: 500
how about from now on, every trade that is posted, petre and matt have to approve them

sartaj22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 02:10 PM
  #66
Chris Butler
Feels bad man
 
Chris Butler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,704
vCash: 50
this argument could use its own thread...

Chris Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 02:10 PM
  #67
Bay Bone
Registered User
 
Bay Bone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 98
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1396 View Post
I would say yes to that but here is the thing. You are getting an 87 overall (or 88 I think I saw in a video) d-man. There aren't to many of those in the league. Your also getting Setoguchi who is way better than the guys you are giving up. You guys can rework the trade but right now there is no way this trade is going through.
Setoguchi is way better then who? Simmonds?

Well thats neither true in real life for last year, as per points nor is it true in the game because Simmonds was ranked the same and may be better in NHL 13.

If you were to Veto a trade itd be because the trade is severely inequivalent in terms of ratings. This is a video game, not real-life.

Bay Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 02:13 PM
  #68
Petre94
Registered User
 
Petre94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 286
vCash: 500
Ok here is what is going to happen, BOTH GRANLUND and SUTER TRADE VETOED, Whether you have a double or The wild gm is not thinking cause only the teams involved agree with the trade. NOT GOING TO SAY SOMEONE HAS A DOUBLE OR NOT BUT I AM SKEPTICAL. PLEASE DO NOT USE MORE THAN ONE ACCOUNT AS IT RUINS THE LEAGUE FOR EVERYONE. I WILL VETO ANY TRADES WHICH ARE NOT FAIR AND I AM MOVING THE DEADLINE FOR REQUESTS UP A COUPLE DAYS

Petre94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 02:15 PM
  #69
sartaj22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 73
vCash: 500
sounds good

sartaj22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 02:15 PM
  #70
matt1396
Registered User
 
matt1396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,224
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sartaj22 View Post
how about from now on, every trade that is posted, petre and matt have to approve them
yeah that is pretty much what's going to happen.

matt1396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 02:19 PM
  #71
Fraodi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 27
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sartaj22 View Post
how about from now on, every trade that is posted, petre and matt have to approve them
Sounds good !

Sorry for this guys. Im not a double or anything like that.. Only stupid i guess

Will not happen again !

Fraodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 02:19 PM
  #72
Bay Bone
Registered User
 
Bay Bone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 98
vCash: 500
Taking into account expected regressions and progressions for NHL 13:

Devon Setoguchi:
Rating 84

Ryan Suter
Rating 88

Player Average rating=86


Wayne Simmonds
Rating 85

Nicklas Grossman
Rating 82

Max Talbot
Rating 82


Player Average rating=83 + 2nd round pick

So a 3 point average in terms of ratings is lopsided? Im sure I can find numerous deals with higher differences. And then take into account this is 3 players, plus a 2nd round pick for 2.

Bay Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 02:21 PM
  #73
Erza Scarlet
following the mantle
 
Erza Scarlet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Requiem
Posts: 8,289
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leafinsider View Post
Taking into account expected regressions and progressions for NHL 13:

Devon Setoguchi:
Rating 84

Ryan Suter
Rating 88

Player Average rating=86


Wayne Simmonds
Rating 85

Nicklas Grossman
Rating 82

Max Talbot
Rating 82


Player Average rating=83 + 2nd round pick

So a 3 point average in terms of ratings is lopsided? Im sure I can find numerous deals with higher differences. And then take into account this is 3 players, plus a 2nd round pick for 2.
you're twisting the #s to make your argument work. Doesn't work that way.

Erza Scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 02:22 PM
  #74
matt1396
Registered User
 
matt1396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,224
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leafinsider View Post
Taking into account expected regressions and progressions for NHL 13:

Devon Setoguchi:
NHL12 Rating 84

Ryan Suter
NHL12 Rating 88

Player Average rating=86


Wayne Simmonds
NHL12 Rating 85

Nicklas Grossman
NHL12 Rating 82

Max Talbot
NHL12 Rating 82


Player Average rating=83 + 2nd round pick

So a 3 point average in terms of ratings is lopsided? Im sure I can find numerous deals with higher differences.
Ratings aren't being taken into consideration. You are getting one the top d-men in the league, and a top 6 winger. Your trade is vetoed, and it won't be reversed.

matt1396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 02:22 PM
  #75
Erza Scarlet
following the mantle
 
Erza Scarlet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Requiem
Posts: 8,289
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1396 View Post
yeah that is pretty much what's going to happen.
pretty sure that's the definition of what a commissioner is.

Erza Scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:00 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.