HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Flyers 'step up' offer for Bouwmeester

Old
08-13-2012, 01:51 PM
BrindamoursNose

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spice Trader View Post
My two Cents.

With Giroux couts and schenn you have 3 young top 6 centers. Yes its great to have more but you have 3 for 2 slots. Considering you just traded for another schenn Couts is the guy that could potentially move.

You have to give too get. I like Jbo and on a better team i think he could get back too 10 goals 40 points and his durability its unquestionable. Is Philly in enough of a win now mode? only PM knows.

As much as philly fans hate the idea of moving Couts for a dman. He is in the position your deepest at and you have a very similar blue chipper that will want the same slot in your top 6. Just cause someone can play wing doesnt mean he will want too.

As a neutral fan i am not invested at all but i dont feel the value is that off.
Did you feel the Penguins were wrong for keeping Jordan Staal behind Malkin and Sid? I don't. I would've kept him as long as possible because of his skillset.

BrindamoursNose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 01:56 PM
FeedingFrenzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post
Did you feel the Penguins were wrong for keeping Jordan Staal behind Malkin and Sid? I don't. I would've kept him as long as possible because of his skillset.
Which is part of the reason he left Pitt, he wantd 1st/2nd line minutes. Pitt was a bad fit once he had "blossomed". And the fact he could go play with his bro.

FeedingFrenzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 01:58 PM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedingFrenzy View Post
Which is part of the reason he left Pitt, he wantd 1st/2nd line minutes. Pitt was a bad fit once he had "blossomed". And the fact he could go play with his bro.
From his POV maybe, but not from an organizational standpoint. If we keep Couturier and he's unhappy five years from now, I'll trade him for a premium then. But for now, I'm thrilled with three potential top guys for years to come.

BrindamoursNose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 02:01 PM
NitHeel
Mucker/Grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spice Trader View Post
My two Cents.

With Giroux couts and schenn you have 3 young top 6 centers. Yes its great to have more but you have 3 for 2 slots. Considering you just traded for another schenn Couts is the guy that could potentially move.

You have to give too get. I like Jbo and on a better team i think he could get back too 10 goals 40 points and his durability its unquestionable. Is Philly in enough of a win now mode? only PM knows.

As much as philly fans hate the idea of moving Couts for a dman. He is in the position your deepest at and you have a very similar blue chipper that will want the same slot in your top 6. Just cause someone can play wing doesnt mean he will want too.
As a neutral fan i am not invested at all but i dont feel the value is that off.

He already did.

NitHeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 02:16 PM
Tripod

Or Philly can move Schenn to the wing and run with:

Schenn G Voracek
Read Couts Simmonds

for the next 2-6 years. And for those nit-pickers...note the 2-6. Hartnell's is UFA after this season. No guarantees he is back. And Briere could be on a 3rd line in a scoring role still...or retired/hurt...who knows. And FWIW...say Calgary traded J-Bo. Their defense would be:
Gio Wideman
Sarich Babchuk
Butler Brodie
That's no good either!! They need to keep J-Bo until they do a FULL Rebuild. Trade him when you are unloading Kipper, Iginla, etc...

Oh yeah...wasn't Dion supposed to get a great haul as well???

Tripod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 02:21 PM
flameaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DimMak187 View Post
So, who are the Flyers willing to part with for JayBo? Seems like Giroux, Schenn, Couturier, Simmonds, and probably Voracek are off the table. Who does that leave?
Scrubs. They want to improve their D by acquiring a top pairing 25+ minute defenceman, but only want to give up middling prospects and draft picks to acquire him.

No Couturier? No dice! Enjoy giving up 5 goals a game next season.

flameaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 02:25 PM
Krishna

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameaholic View Post
Scrubs. They want to improve their D by acquiring a top pairing 25+ minute defenceman, but only want to give up middling prospects and draft picks to acquire him.

You're kidding right?

Multiple people tweeted that Feaster was asking for a 1st and a prospect for Bouwmeester at the draft. You aren't getting couturier.

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 02:26 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
You're kidding right?

Multiple people tweeted that Feaster was asking for a 1st and a prospect for Bouwmeester at the draft. You aren't getting couturier.
The prospect was obviously Schenn or Couturier.

InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 02:29 PM
flameaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
They need to keep J-Bo until they do a FULL Rebuild. Trade him when you are unloading Kipper, Iginla, etc...
This. Trading Bouwmeester (unless it's for a top 2 center) will deplete our defence.

Say what you want, but his 25+ minutes a night will be hard to replace.

Old
08-13-2012, 02:32 PM
Drouin2Stamkos

Sounding like Philly doesnt have the assets to get Bouwmeester. Maybe they should wait until the deadline if they want him. Philly isnt in the place of power here. I see them signing Coli or Hannen before TC starts.

Drouin2Stamkos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 02:37 PM
NitHeel
Mucker/Grinder

Quote:

No, actually "they" want to avoid Bouwmeester and sign 1 of the UFAs and see what happens since the D-man "they" need isn't available.

NitHeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 02:44 PM
flameaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanOberg View Post
Sounding like Philly doesnt have the assets to get Bouwmeester. Maybe they should wait until the deadline if they want him. Philly isnt in the place of power here. I see them signing Coli or Hannen before TC starts.
They do, they (or at least their fans) just don't want to part with them. Just how do you expect to improve your team without giving up the necessary assets required to do so, esp. when you're NOT in a position of power?

Waiting until the deadline will only increase JBo's value.

Old
08-13-2012, 02:45 PM
Snotbubbles

Quote:

The Flyers will just score 6.

Snotbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 02:46 PM
Snotbubbles

Quote:
They do, they (or at least their fans) just don't want to part with them. Just how do you expect to improve your team without giving up the necessary assets required to do so, esp. when you're NOT in a position of power?

At that point Mezsaros should be back.

Snotbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 02:48 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:

I strongly disagree. Look at the big name players traded at the deadlines, they rarely return great pieces. I think the off season is the best time to trade players since teams also have the flexibility to acquire big contracts. Look at the Pronger deal, off season move and he returned a pretty good haul for Anaheim. Deadline deals are usually players who are 3rd liners(always had the potential for 2nd line minutes)+1st rounder in the draft+a prospect(not always the greatest either)

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 02:49 PM
hockeyfreak7

Quote:

Please, can you read the posts from Flyers fans on previous pages?

We dont have the assets to land Bouwmeester while improving our team.

How good does this forward lineup look?

Hartnell-Giroux-Voracek
Simmonds-Schenn-Briere
Fedotenko-Talbot-Read
Wellwood-Holmstrom-Rinaldo

That looks extremely average to me. One injury to the top six (inevitable), and things start to look really bad. We cant afford to give up a forward for a defender. It doesnt make the team better.

hockeyfreak7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 02:50 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
I strongly disagree. Look at the big name players traded at the deadlines, they rarely return great pieces. I think the off season is the best time to trade players since teams also have the flexibility to acquire big contracts. Look at the Pronger deal, off season move and he returned a pretty good haul for Anaheim. Deadline deals are usually players who are 3rd liners(always had the potential for 2nd line minutes)+1st rounder in the draft+a prospect(not always the greatest either)
Yep, trades in the offseason are worth more because the team gets them for the wholer year and the team getting him has more time to fix the salary cap

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 02:51 PM
flameaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotbubbles View Post
At that point Mezsaros should be back.
And what's the plan until then? Score 6 goals a game? Besides, the Flyers were looking to add a top-pairing defenceman even before Meszaros got injured.

Last edited by flameaholic: 08-13-2012 at 03:11 PM.
Old
08-13-2012, 02:54 PM
Ishad

Quote:
And what's the plan until then? Score 6 goals a game?
I imagine the plan is to hold tight until they have a better idea of when the season is going to start, how much of it Mez will actually miss and where they stand as a team in relation to the new CBA.

The flames position of power is a tenuous one at best.

Ishad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 02:58 PM
Homegrown Kings
ft. Philly & Lumbus

Quote:

Bouwmeester is not going to fetch Couturier, that's not realistic at all.

Homegrown Kings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 03:00 PM
flameaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post

Hartnell-Giroux-Voracek
Simmonds-Schenn-Briere
Fedotenko-Talbot-Read

That looks extremely average to me. One injury to the top six (inevitable), and things start to look really bad. We cant afford to give up a forward for a defender. It doesnt make the team better.
Looks fine. I would say your need for defence is far greater at this point. Besides, you're assuming that it would be a simple 1-for-1 swap. I'm sure the Flames would be quite willing to add a top-six or top-nine forward (Backlund/Stajan/Stempniak etc.) into the equation. Of course, the Flyers would need to add something (pick/minor-league prospect) as well.

Old
08-13-2012, 03:01 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
And what's the plan until then? Score 6 goals a game? Besides, the Flyers were looking to add a top-pairing defenceman even before Meszaros got injured.
Flyers allowed 2.76 goals per game in the regular season. If we score 6 it will be a blow out. Let's stop acting like the damn Pittsburgh series is the end all with our defense. That series was completely wide open, the Flyers defense played better than that during the whole season and the next series.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 03:01 PM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

vCash: 734
Quote:

Hartnell-Giroux-Voracek
Simmonds-Schenn-Briere
Fedotenko-Talbot-Read

The Flames really can't take a forward without sending one in return - so if the Flames added someone like Tanguay or Backlund (depending on your needs / cap space) would that help?

Stewie Griffin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 03:02 PM
WhereIsIt
alongtheboards

Quote:

Hartnell-Giroux-Voracek
Simmonds-Schenn-Briere
Fedotenko-Talbot-Read

Extremely average? Take a look at some other rosters around the league. Better than most. You guys are spoiled.

WhereIsIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 03:05 PM
RBR

Quote:
Looks fine. I would say your need for defence is far greater at this point. Besides, you're assuming that it would be a simple 1-for-1 swap. I'm sure the Flames would be quite willing to add a top-six or top-nine forward (Backlund/Stajan/Stempniak etc.) into the equation. Of course, the Flyers would need to add something (pick/minor-league prospect) as well.
And what happens when Meszaros comes back? Lilja comes back (not quite as big a deal?). Too many D, not enough forwards. The Flyers should just sign Coli and get it over with already.

RBR is offline   Reply With Quote