HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Lakers, Clippers, Dodgers, Angels Discussion

Closed Thread

Old
08-10-2012, 08:05 PM
KingLB

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Los Angeles View Post
basketball survives in those regions because basketball is such a popular sport. air canada centre and the oracle are always generally more full than empty for example.
Its kinda funny though, apparently when you get Leafs ST's (which of course they sell out)they come with a mini plan for the Raptors....so that helps. Also TO is a good sports town. They have an MLS team that has never made the playoffs and is above 20K average attendance and been top5 in the league since they came into the league.

Old
08-10-2012, 08:58 PM
Vamos Rafa
¡Vamos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcard View Post
They won in 2011. Kings won in 2012.
Well, the Galaxy are still the reigning champs since the 2012 season hasn't even ended yet. But point taken, the Galaxy just suck this year.

Old
08-10-2012, 09:09 PM
jfont

Awards:
ladies and gentlemen, our long national DWIGHTmare is over...

08-10-2012, 09:11 PM
jfont

Awards:
I'd like to see Facewash bring back that avatar he called "up the middle"...

10 years ago he had Shaq and Allison...

Old
08-10-2012, 11:23 PM
Julius Caesar Milan
Lord of the Shih Tzu

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfont View Post
I'd like to see Facewash bring back that avatar he called "up the middle"...

10 years ago he had Shaq and Allison...
Jesus!

Old
08-10-2012, 11:51 PM
RAZZIE King
Registered redophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
According to ESPN a trade call is set for tmrw for a deal that would send Howard to the Lakers.
Moe...Curley...or Shemp???

Old
08-11-2012, 12:04 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcard View Post
They won in 2011. Kings won in 2012.
That's a dumb argument. By your logic, only the Galaxy can celebrate dual winners because by the time their season wraps up, the NHL is over. Kings couldn;t say the same.

The best way to do it is say that the Galaxy was the current title-holder when the Kings won.

Old
08-11-2012, 12:16 AM
Vamos Rafa
¡Vamos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
That's a dumb argument. By your logic, only the Galaxy can celebrate dual winners because by the time their season wraps up, the NHL is over. Kings couldn;t say the same.

The best way to do it is say that the Galaxy was the current title-holder when the Kings won.

Just like I considered Pittsburgh a double-champion back in 2009 when the Steelers won the SB and the Pens won the SCF. But the Steelers were officially called the 2008 champs because the regular season was in the 2008 calendar year. That's what I don't like about the NFL. Their seasons should be referred to as two calendar years just like the NHL and the NBA. I mean Madden games use the year of when the playoffs take place. Like this upcoming season should be called 2012-13, not just 2012.

/rant

Old
08-11-2012, 12:17 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Old
08-12-2012, 01:54 PM
Wildturkey12
Do It!

vCash: 648
Capuano is dealing right now through 6. Some of you might want to turn on the tv.

Old
08-12-2012, 02:41 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Damn man broke is no-no in the 7th. 2 hits through full 8. One of the best pitching performances by a Dodger man this season. Good to see him finally get some run support

Old
08-12-2012, 08:22 PM
bral
Go Kings!

On the radio they were talking about how Hanley ran through the 3rd base coach's "stop sign" to score on the Either single, and how it's not the first time he's done that as a Dodger. Is this common in MLB?

Old
08-13-2012, 12:33 AM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bral View Post
On the radio they were talking about how Hanley ran through the 3rd base coach's "stop sign" to score on the Either single, and how it's not the first time he's done that as a Dodger. Is this common in MLB?
It's funny. They were talking about that about two weeks ago on MLB XM radio, the show Power Alley. General consensus was pretty funny.

The one guy was saying, well if you have a guy who does that constantly and is thrown out, it's going to get on everyones nerve. The coach, his teammates, etc. But like in the case of Ramirez...he is done it two or three times and scored on every play. Then the coaches are saying, well he was wrong I was right.

Coaches don't like to be proven wrong, but they are human beings just like everyone, they'll get over it. Especially if the player they told to stop scores.

Sort of damned if you do damned if you don't.

But hey, as long as Hanley keeps blowing by a stop sign and scoring the run i'll slap him on the back and say nice athleticism, awareness, confidence etc.

Old
08-13-2012, 01:13 AM
Black1963
Weal Deal, No Doubt!

vCash: 2045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
It's funny. They were talking about that about two weeks ago on MLB XM radio, the show Power Alley. General consensus was pretty funny.

The one guy was saying, well if you have a guy who does that constantly and is thrown out, it's going to get on everyones nerve. The coach, his teammates, etc. But like in the case of Ramirez...he is done it two or three times and scored on every play. Then the coaches are saying, well he was wrong I was right.

Coaches don't like to be proven wrong, but they are human beings just like everyone, they'll get over it. Especially if the player they told to stop scores.

Sort of damned if you do damned if you don't.

But hey, as long as Hanley keeps blowing by a stop sign and scoring the run i'll slap him on the back and say nice athleticism, awareness, confidence etc.
That's an irresponsible comment. Hanley has always had discipline problems and I see he hasn't changed. He may be doing well now but his lack of discipline is going to come back and haunt him and his team.

Just think about it, if Hanley continues to run the stop sign, what's to stop others from running them as well?

Mattingly should have disciplined Hanley from the very first time he showed lack of discipline.

Old
08-13-2012, 12:17 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black1963 View Post
That's an irresponsible comment. Hanley has always had discipline problems and I see he hasn't changed. He may be doing well now but his lack of discipline is going to come back and haunt him and his team.

Just think about it, if Hanley continues to run the stop sign, what's to stop others from running them as well?

Mattingly should have disciplined Hanley from the very first time he showed lack of discipline.

So he should be disciplined for using his own sense of ability and knowing he could beat out the throw and score a run?

Coaches can be wrong. And all three times they have been wrong in this instance. I think the 3rd bases coach obviously doesn't know Ramirezs speed quite as well as Hanley does.

In the future I wouldn't be surprised if in a similar situation we see him waved around.

Mattingly LOVES agressive baseball, and while it urks him maybe a just a tiny bit that Ramirez is constantly running through signs. I can't even imagine Donny disciplining a guy for making a play that helps the team, especially when that play is right up the alley of Mattingly.

After all, you're saying Don Mattingly should punish Ramirez for trying to help the team/helping the team.

I'm sorry my comment was so irresponsible.

Old
08-13-2012, 01:04 PM
Black1963
Weal Deal, No Doubt!

Quote:
So he should be disciplined for using his own sense of ability and knowing he could beat out the throw and score a run?

Coaches can be wrong. And all three times they have been wrong in this instance. I think the 3rd bases coach obviously doesn't know Ramirezs speed quite as well as Hanley does.

In the future I wouldn't be surprised if in a similar situation we see him waved around.

Mattingly LOVES agressive baseball, and while it urks him maybe a just a tiny bit that Ramirez is constantly running through signs. I can't even imagine Donny disciplining a guy for making a play that helps the team, especially when that play is right up the alley of Mattingly.

After all, you're saying Don Mattingly should punish Ramirez for trying to help the team/helping the team.

I'm sorry my comment was so irresponsible.
By your logic, or lack there of, every player can and should run the stop sign as long as they are all trying to help the team?

It's simple, the players need to listen and obey their coaches. Otherwise, why even bother having them around if the players are going to do whatever they want?

Old
08-13-2012, 01:44 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
By your logic, or lack there of, every player can and should run the stop sign as long as they are all trying to help the team?

It's simple, the players need to listen and obey their coaches. Otherwise, why even bother having them around if the players are going to do whatever they want?
You don't get it. You are just looking at it as, "Rules were broken, he must be punished. Coaches are the all end all."

I am saying this: ESPECIALLY...on a 3rd base coach..that's a 50/50 call getting waved in or not. I have seen Kemp blow a few also. If it were something like....the coach signaled a hit and run and instead he lays off and gets his boy thrown out at 2nd...that's a mistake worth saying something about, or if a CF calls for a fly ball and the RF runs in front of him and drops it....

In a situation where a ball is in the outfield..and you know you can beat out a throw with your speed...do it. Run the risk. It's your call. The coach is saying stop but you know your own speed. Hanley hasn't been caught yet. He's a new player, maybe the coaches don't respect his speed yet either.

Like I said, Mattingly LOVES agressive baseball. I think he is enjoying seeing that desire from Hanley. The guy isn't coasting into 3rd when he could be trucking it...he is trucking AND trying to score a run for the team.

I don't see why you would stir up **** and punish a guy for that.

Want to know what 3rd base coach Tim Wallach had to say about it?

"He had a feeling he could make it and he made it," Wallach said, "so yoo hoo." (From the first time he did it)

http://www.latimes.com/sports/baseba...,2057720.story

Old
08-13-2012, 01:47 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawdler View Post
you have to remember a lot of people don't care for soccer so they'll dismiss the championship since its not a big four sport.

but there are a few of us here who are also big time Galaxy fans.
I think it's more to do with the fact that people that are fans of soccer are also aware that the MLS is very, VERY far from the premier league (pun intended? ) in that sport. It's basically like the KHL or SEL claiming that their champ is the best team in the sport of hockey.

Old
08-13-2012, 02:30 PM
Black1963
Weal Deal, No Doubt!

Quote:
You don't get it. You are just looking at it as, "Rules were broken, he must be punished. Coaches are the all end all."

I am saying this: ESPECIALLY...on a 3rd base coach..that's a 50/50 call getting waved in or not. I have seen Kemp blow a few also. If it were something like....the coach signaled a hit and run and instead he lays off and gets his boy thrown out at 2nd...that's a mistake worth saying something about, or if a CF calls for a fly ball and the RF runs in front of him and drops it....

In a situation where a ball is in the outfield..and you know you can beat out a throw with your speed...do it. Run the risk. It's your call. The coach is saying stop but you know your own speed. Hanley hasn't been caught yet. He's a new player, maybe the coaches don't respect his speed yet either.

Like I said, Mattingly LOVES agressive baseball. I think he is enjoying seeing that desire from Hanley. The guy isn't coasting into 3rd when he could be trucking it...he is trucking AND trying to score a run for the team.

I don't see why you would stir up **** and punish a guy for that.

Want to know what 3rd base coach Tim Wallach had to say about it?

"He had a feeling he could make it and he made it," Wallach said, "so yoo hoo." (From the first time he did it)

http://www.latimes.com/sports/baseba...,2057720.story
There's a difference between playing aggressive ball and undisciplined ball, and I'll just leave it at that.

Old
08-13-2012, 02:38 PM
Thrice
Coyote Killer

Quote:

You're making way too much out of this. The 3rd base coach is there to advise, not command. Wallach's SUGGESTION was that Hanley shouldn't go. Hanley considered Wallach's advice and decided he could score, and he did.

That's literally the end of it.

Old
08-13-2012, 02:47 PM
Black1963
Weal Deal, No Doubt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrice View Post
You're making way too much out of this. The 3rd base coach is there to advise, not command. Wallach's SUGGESTION was that Hanley shouldn't go. Hanley considered Wallach's advice and decided he could score, and he did.

That's literally the end of it.
If every player can decide on their own, why even bother having the coaches there in the first place?

Old
08-13-2012, 03:47 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
If every player can decide on their own, why even bother having the coaches there in the first place?
This logic is so flawed I am not even going to address it.

Old
08-13-2012, 04:46 PM
ShowtimeDynasty
LAK

Quote:
This logic is so flawed I am not even going to address it.

Old
08-13-2012, 09:17 PM
Vamos Rafa
¡Vamos!

Big win in Pittsburgh.

Old
08-14-2012, 09:20 PM
Vamos Rafa
¡Vamos!

Chad BillinngsleY pitching like he should.

Closed Thread