HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ty Rattie to the Flames

Old
08-13-2012, 12:46 PM
GetThePuckOut

vCash: 1081
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlblues9 View Post
No. Maybe a couple teams, but certainly not half.
Just the ones you have no clue about right?

GetThePuckOut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 12:55 PM
Kesler2Kesler
Yup

vCash: 500
Who has been centering these guys?

Kesler2Kesler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 01:11 PM
Andrei

Quote:
No. Maybe a couple teams, but certainly not half.
And when you look at the Flames roster, you think that it is among the "couple" worst rosters in the entire league? I mean, I understand that the majority of posters on this forum hate the Flames, but I just don't see how that is possible.

Andrei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 01:23 PM
calgaryflames1212

flames need a center! if bouwmeester gets traded its for a top 6 center or draft picks..
we already have a plethora of LW and RWs

calgaryflames1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 01:51 PM
stlblues9

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei View Post
And when you look at the Flames roster, you think that it is among the "couple" worst rosters in the entire league? I mean, I understand that the majority of posters on this forum hate the Flames, but I just don't see how that is possible.
Outside of Iginla, Cammalleri, MAYBE Tanguay, Giordano and Kipprusoff on the roster and Barschti and maybe Brodi as prospects, what the heck does this team have? Those roster players are getting up there in age, specifically Iginla and Kipprusoff and they don't really have many good prospects coming up. Not only has this team not made the playoffs in the past couple of years, but they have absolutely no future ahead of them atm.

So yes, when I look at this roster i see it as among the worst couple (maybe even the worst) roster right now and moving forward. This isn't just because of this thread, but I've honestly felt this way for awhile.

stlblues9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 02:02 PM
Fred Brathwaite

Quote:
What teams do you think have worse rosters than calgary?

Fred Brathwaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 02:10 PM
TheNeutrality
Living out a lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesler2Kesler View Post
Who has been centering these guys?
Wasn't it Leipsic?

EDIT: Looked it up. Seems like it was Marcel Noebels (At least for the POs). Strange, I thought Noebels was a LW?

Last edited by TheNeutrality: 08-13-2012 at 02:23 PM.
TheNeutrality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 02:16 PM
Vladys Gumption

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvesta View Post
All I have to say in all this is. Baertschi 5 GP 3 G 0 A. Averaging 5-10 mins a game on the 4th line.

Rattie 0 GP 0 G 0 A

Baertschi clearly has more stock than Rattie, period
So let me get this straight. Baertschi played 5 games in the nhl and all of the sudden he's this can't miss, sure-fire stud? You might want to check yourself. Here's an idea, why don't you wait 5 years and then judge each player. Nobody knows if either player is going to be successful.

Vladys Gumption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 02:33 PM
Guido Sarducci

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue247 View Post
So let me get this straight. Baertschi played 5 games in the nhl and all of the sudden he's this can't miss, sure-fire stud? You might want to check yourself. Here's an idea, why don't you wait 5 years and then judge each player. Nobody knows if either player is going to be successful.
Baertschi is a proven blue chip prospect. Rattie is a good player with an elite linemate. There is no such thing as a can't mis player. Even Daigle missed. But at this point Baertschi is about as close as you can get to can't miss.

All the love Rattie gets on the Flames boards reminds me of when Jarome Iginla first broke into the NHL. The Flames needed to trade for Hnat Dominichelli because he was Iginlas' linemate in junior so that chemistry has to translate to the NHL.

How many dynamic linemates are there in junior hockey. 1000's. How many of those become dynamic
linemates in the NHL?

Leave Rattie alone, If the Flames want him so bad just wait 5/6 years and pick him up on waivers.

Guido Sarducci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 02:38 PM
Kesler2Kesler
Yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNeutrality View Post
Wasn't it Leipsic?

EDIT: Looked it up. Seems like it was Marcel Noebels (At least for the POs). Strange, I thought Noebels was a LW?
Thanks.

Kesler2Kesler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 02:42 PM
Ice Cream Man
$1 Oysters

Quote:
Outside of Iginla, Cammalleri, MAYBE Tanguay, Giordano and Kipprusoff on the roster and Barschti and maybe Brodi as prospects, what the heck does this team have? Those roster players are getting up there in age, specifically Iginla and Kipprusoff and they don't really have many good prospects coming up. Not only has this team not made the playoffs in the past couple of years, but they have absolutely no future ahead of them atm.
So wait, Tanguay, Giordano and Kiprusoff are not quality players, according to you? Tanguay is coming off putting up 118 points in 143 games over the last two seasons, Gio is heralded as a terrific all-round player an arguably one of the most underrated defensemen in the game today, and Kiprusoff was top-10 last year in all major categories (GAA / Wins / PCT / Save percentage).

What about Glencross, who is one the best two-way wingers in the league? What about Hudler, who's good for 50 points? What about the addition of Wideman, who will generate more offense from the backend? What about wildcards like Backlund / Cervenka / Stempniak / Comeau / Bouwmeester, who could all step in and contribute / rebound from previous seasons under new coaching?

As for age, the average age of Calgary's roster dropped by two years under Feaster. What about calling out other teams who are now a year older than Calgary? Why are we being singled out?

And, you say we have no future? Have you looked at our drafting the last three years? It's obvious you know absolutely nothing about the Flames prospect base these days.

Quote:
So yes, when I look at this roster i see it as among the worst couple (maybe even the worst) roster right now and moving forward. This isn't just because of this thread, but I've honestly felt this way for awhile.
Good for you, you're entitled to your opinion. Thankfully, it has no bearing on anything and is riddled with short-sighted / illogical holes.

Ice Cream Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 03:13 PM
stlblues9

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man View Post
So wait, Tanguay, Giordano and Kiprusoff are not quality players, according to you? Tanguay is coming off putting up 118 points in 143 games over the last two seasons, Gio is heralded as a terrific all-round player an arguably one of the most underrated defensemen in the game today, and Kiprusoff was top-10 last year in all major categories (GAA / Wins / PCT / Save percentage).
Try and keep up with me here, I said those guys are..

Quote:
What about Glencross, who is one the best two-way wingers in the league? What about Hudler, who's good for 50 points? What about the addition of Wideman, who will generate more offense from the backend? What about wildcards like Backlund / Cervenka / Stempniak / Comeau / Bouwmeester, who could all step in and contribute / rebound from previous seasons under new coaching?
None of those guys really impress me, just average players every team has.

Quote:
As for age, the average age of Calgary's roster dropped by two years under Feaster. What about calling out other teams who are now a year older than Calgary? Why are we being singled out?
Calgary is being singled out because this is a thread between St. Louis and Calgary. This isn't hard to figure out.

Quote:
And, you say we have no future? Have you looked at our drafting the last three years? It's obvious you know absolutely nothing about the Flames prospect base these days.

Other than Barschti and maybe Brodie, who else do you have that is a high end prospect? I mean, I would take Rattie over anyone besides maybe these 2 and you guys are saying how Rattie could easily bust. What does that say about the rest of your prospect pool? Only Calgary fans think Calgary is looking good going forward, and I have no idea how..

Old
08-13-2012, 03:17 PM
Andrei

Quote:

I'm still trying to figure out how this adds up to Calgary having one of the three worst rosters in the league? Aren't there about 15 teams in the league that have a half dozen good players, another seven or eight average players (even accepting your proposal that 1st pairing defenceman and 50 point forwards are "average"), and then a handful of plugs.

Old
08-13-2012, 03:21 PM
stlblues9

[QUOTE=Andrei;53538349]
Quote:

I'm still trying to figure out how this adds up to Calgary having one of the three worst rosters in the league?
Whose roster is worse going forward? Maybe Columbus? Thats all I can really think of right now.

Old
08-13-2012, 03:24 PM
GetThePuckOut

vCash: 1081
Quote:

The fact that you fail to mention Glencross proves your ignorance to us all. Congratulations.

That's Glencross's GPG for the 4 years that he's been in Calgary. That's a significant improvement every year, to the point where he scores at a 30+ pace. Teams were jealous when Calgary first got Glencross, since then he has more than doubled his goal scoring production, while being a gritty player, yet you skip over him conveniently so that it could help your crappy argument that has no merit whatsoever.

Last edited by GetThePuckOut: 08-13-2012 at 03:29 PM.
GetThePuckOut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 03:27 PM
tsujimoto74

[QUOTE=stlblues9;53538465]
Quote:

Whose roster is worse going forward? Maybe Columbus? Thats all I can really think of right now.
They've been a middle of the pack team for a while, which would indicate about half of the NHL has rosters that are similar or significantly worse.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 03:29 PM
Andrei

Quote:
I don't subscribe to HFboards' patented "a bird in the bush is worth two in the hand" method of rating rosters, so I would easily put the Flames roster ahead of (or similar to) the following teams:

Columbus
Edmonton
Anaheim
Dallas
Montreal
NYI
Toronto
Winnipeg
Tampa Bay

Old
08-13-2012, 03:38 PM
Perro

[QUOTE=tsujimoto74;53538697]
Quote:

They've been a middle of the pack team for a while, which would indicate about half of the NHL has rosters that are similar or significantly worse.
How crap batman that sounds logical.
I think person suggesting the are bottom three in the league puts a lot of stock into potential of young players in the system, and not the potential for the club to fill holes through UFA. (wideman)
I'm not a flames fan but in the West I would put their roster over Columbus, Pheonix, and probably Anaheim. Out East Montreal, NYI, and possibly Toronto and New Jersey.
These are just my opinion and are obviously up for debate. But I do not htink there is denying that the current flames roster has an eltite goal tender, with above avere wingers, below average centerman, and average defense.

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 03:49 PM
Ice Cream Man
$1 Oysters

Quote:
Wow. You said MAYBE they are quality - they ARE quality players, and I proved that with basic stats.

Quote:
Someone who scores almost 30 goals and has elite two-way skills doesn't impress you? An offensively-talented winger who played on a championship-winning team, and a player considered to be the best outside the NHL don't impress you? A top-2 big-minute defenseman in his 20's who might be one of the best skaters in the league with proven defensive skill and potentially greater offensive skill doesn't impress you?

Your fellow Blues fans should be so thankful you aren't their teams' GM. Your vision is obviously clouded with some sort of irrational hate.

Quote:
Calgary is being singled out because this is a thread between St. Louis and Calgary. This isn't hard to figure out.
Tone it down, sports fan. The minute you bust out the 'your team got older' schtick, you set yourself up for a massive defense of every other team in the league - every team gets older every year unless your GM does something about it. Feaster has. Be prepared to analyze the league when you make a big-league statement like that.

Quote:
Other than Barschti and maybe Brodie, who else do you have that is a high end prospect? I mean, I would take Rattie over anyone besides maybe these 2 and you guys are saying how Rattie could easily bust. What does that say about the rest of your prospect pool? Only Calgary fans think Calgary is looking good going forward, and I have no idea how..
Reinhart, Gaudreau, Nemisz, Arnold, Ramage, Granlund, Jankowski, Ortio, Irving, Seiloff... solid players with good chances at NHL futures. Look up their accolades and progression over the last 1-2 years, you may be in for a surprise (especially Gaudreau, who may end up being the absolute steal of the 2011 draft in a couple years). Several of them may not be as high end as Bartschi, but why do they have to be? Having players that project to play in the NHL is just as, if not more, important than shooting for the stars with high-risk high-reward prospects.

Brodie is already playing with the Flames (almost a full year already), and can't really be considered a prospect anymore in the same category as the other players. He's developing nicely as well, he'll be in the top 3 or 4 by the end of the season, according to Feaster.

I honestly think you know absolutely nothing about the Flames prospects, and instead of doing proper research, you cop out by saying they have no prospect base. Real logical position there.

And would it trouble you that much to spell Bartschi's name correctly? Yikes.

Last edited by spiny norman: 08-13-2012 at 08:05 PM. Reason: not needed
Ice Cream Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 03:55 PM
SirPaste

Quote:
I don't subscribe to HFboards' patented "a bird in the bush is worth two in the hand" method of rating rosters, so I would easily put the Flames roster ahead of (or similar to) the following teams:

Columbus
Edmonton
Anaheim
Dallas
Montreal
NYI
Toronto
Winnipeg
Tampa Bay
Wow, really?

SirPaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 04:04 PM
Andrei

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPaste View Post
Wow, really?
How do any of those teams, who all finished well behind Calgary in the standings last season, have substantially better rosters than Calgary (i.e., Calgary's roster is "pathetic" and their's is not)?

Old
08-13-2012, 04:30 PM
LBC Vapo*

Quote:
How do any of those teams, who all finished well behind Calgary in the standings last season, have substantially better rosters than Calgary (i.e., Calgary's roster is "pathetic" and their's is not)?
One point ahead of Dallas and six ahead of Tampa and Winnipeg. ~~~*^TOTAL DOMINATION^*~~~

LBC Vapo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 04:34 PM
Andrei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generally View Post
One point ahead of Dallas and six ahead of Tampa and Winnipeg. ~~~*^TOTAL DOMINATION^*~~~
Nice strawman. No one said anything about total domination. I'm just trying to undestand how Calgary's roster is "pathetic" and Dallas, Tampa and Winnipeg's rosters are not. Perhaps you can help me understand?

Old
08-13-2012, 04:38 PM
LBC Vapo*

Quote:
Nice strawman. No one said anything about total domination. I'm just trying to undestand how Calgary's roster is "pathetic" and Dallas, Tampa and Winnipeg's rosters are not. Perhaps you can help me understand?
What straw man? You said they all finished "well behind" and they didn't.

LBC Vapo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 04:45 PM
Andrei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generally View Post
What straw man? You said they all finished "well behind" and they didn't.
Ok. I overstated the situation with respect to Dallas. All of the teams I listed finished behind Calgary last season. Now that we have that preliminary argument settled, perhaps stlblues9 (or someone else) can explain why the Flames have a pathetic roster whereas the teams I listed do not?