HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics here) XXX

Closed Thread

Old
08-11-2012, 11:36 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceremony View Post
Why is there someone on the trade rumours board trying to find out what kind of offersheet could get O'Reilly out of Colorado?
Why? He's pretty much clueless about the whole OS process, that's why.

Old
08-11-2012, 01:42 PM
Avs44

vCash: 3319
Quote:
Why is there someone on the trade rumours board trying to find out what kind of offersheet could get O'Reilly out of Colorado?
I believe he is trying to find at what point Avs fans will say they would not match an OF on O'Reilly. Right now he thinks that at around at 6+ million the Avs will not match it. The compensation for that is 2 1sts+2nd+3rd. He has convinced himself that therefore his value to us is 2 1sts+2nd+3rd, while completely ignoring the contract. He will then offer an equivalent package(in his mind) to the picks(something like Kadri+) And if Avs fans say no, he will say he O'Reilly's value to us is 2 1sts+2nd+3rd, and that what he is offering is in line with how we value him.

He tried the identical thing with Duchene.

Old
08-11-2012, 02:05 PM
Ceremony
Transcendence

vCash: 499
I see. I assumed with the... complete lack of listening to reason that he was trolling but I wanted to be sure.

Old
08-11-2012, 02:27 PM
Bordeleau Of Blood
Archangel

vCash: 500
Quote:
I see. I assumed with the... complete lack of listening to reason that he was trolling but I wanted to be sure.
He's the same Leaf fan who was swearing up and down before that the Avs not signing Ville Leino for $4.5 million per year last offseason was proof positive that they're dirt broke and have to trade Stastny for a pittance because of it.

Pay him no mind.

Last edited by Frenchy: 08-11-2012 at 04:27 PM. Reason: the last part wasn't necessary
Old
08-12-2012, 11:13 AM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
I'm playing in one of those GM games. Just traded Duchene for Kulikov, Bjugstad and Matthias.

Matthias hasn't really fulfilled his offensive potential that a lot of people that he had in his last Jr year and at the WJC, but it seems like he has really progressed his defensive game and constantly hustles. Figure he could eventually become the designated shutdown center to free up ROR.

Bjugstad is someone I think will be a beast down the road, goalscoring power center.

Kulikov is Kulikov.

What do my fellow Avs fans think?

Old
08-12-2012, 11:36 AM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Pretty solid haul, if not overpayment on their end. I'd be personally conflicted if it were real life, but in a video game it's a nice payment.

Does the game recognize prospects though? Most fantasy games I've played the acquisition of prospects are diminished because of the amount of time away they are.

Old
08-12-2012, 11:47 AM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
Pretty solid haul, if not overpayment on their end. I'd be personally conflicted if it were real life, but in a video game it's a nice payment.

Does the game recognize prospects though? Most fantasy games I've played the acquisition of prospects are diminished because of the amount of time away they are.
It's a GM game in the Mock Draft section of HF, so value is completely perceived.

Old
08-12-2012, 12:09 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundwaveIsCharisma View Post
It's a GM game in the Mock Draft section of HF, so value is completely perceived.
Gotcha. Well you solved the defenseman problem depending what your team looks like. Got a solid replacement center in Bjugstad going forward. And Matthias is a decent stopgap until Bjugstad, Hishon, Heard develop and take over the 3rd/4th spots.

Old
08-12-2012, 03:59 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

If jfried/seanlinden is a troll, he shows more patience and consequence than any I have seen.

I think he is serious and his mind creates scenarios (fantasies) where Toronto stand to benefit. This makes arguing with him for anything but entertainment pointless because rationality bounces of him, teflon style.

Old
08-12-2012, 04:09 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

I think he's pretty serious, which is sad and funny at the same time.

Old
08-12-2012, 09:27 PM
NHL33*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
This makes arguing with him for anything but entertainment pointless because rationality bounces of him, teflon style.
Is it entertaining though?

I must say, I find myself rolling my eyes whenever I see an Avalanche player mentioned on that forum. Not because of the proposed values, that stuff affects every team 'negatively', but because some here (names aren't necessary/desirable to be mentioned) are absolutely rabid when it comes to defending Duchene or Stastny. O'Reilly is a bit of an anomaly in terms of discussion so he is intentionally omitted. Maybe that'll change over the next several weeks to months.

Old
08-13-2012, 01:33 AM
hockeyviking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
I think he's pretty serious, which is sad and funny at the same time.
only sad,,, he must have some big problems in life

Old
08-13-2012, 01:38 AM
chewey
dmitri

vCash: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviking View Post
only sad,,, he must have some big problems in life
or he could just be a kid? yeash, its as if we don't have our fair shares of nuts around here.

Old
08-13-2012, 02:46 AM
PAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmitri View Post
or he could just be a kid? yeash, its as if we don't have our fair shares of nuts around here.
kids wouldn't be wasting their time writing a wall of crap. imo he's in his twenties. One of my friends from back home is a flames fan, and he's just as dense. Thinks Bouwmeester is going to reel in Couterier/Schenn/Oshie etc.

Old
08-13-2012, 09:34 AM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundwaveIsCharisma View Post
I'm playing in one of those GM games. Just traded Duchene for Kulikov, Bjugstad and Matthias.

Matthias hasn't really fulfilled his offensive potential that a lot of people that he had in his last Jr year and at the WJC, but it seems like he has really progressed his defensive game and constantly hustles. Figure he could eventually become the designated shutdown center to free up ROR.

Bjugstad is someone I think will be a beast down the road, goalscoring power center.

Kulikov is Kulikov.

What do my fellow Avs fans think?
Unfortunately, I think a lot of people are going to disappointed with how Bjugstad's game translates to the NHL. I don't see him having a big NHL impact like some people do, regardless of how well he's played in college. In all of the games that I've seen him, he's been very underwhelming. That's not to say that he can't put it all together as he matures but I'll be surprised if he ends up a top-6 guy.

Old
08-13-2012, 03:16 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

vCash: 250
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2012/..._negotiations/

Looks like another lost year.

I suggest everyone bones up on their prospect for 2013. The avs could have a top 5 pick. From what I've seen in the World JR last year, I was impressed with Barkov and the other underager Finland had rat something he is a defender tho.

I get to at least watch Hishon play in the AHl regardless.

Old
08-13-2012, 03:59 PM
Nzap
Insert clever phrase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post

I suggest everyone bones up on their prospect for 2013. The avs could have a top 5 pick. From what I've seen in the World JR last year, I was impressed with Barkov and the other underager Finland had rat something he is a defender tho.

It's really unbelievable that the owners are ready to go through another lockout.
Should just play with the current one to give more time for negotiations.
Still who didn't see this coming. They began on the new CBA way way too late. Should've commenced it already a year beforehand so that everything could be done with a calmer temper and less anxiety and pain for everyone.

Old
08-13-2012, 04:07 PM
GamingGiant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post

That would be the only bright side to the lock out. Having the potential for another top flight player and potential lottery pick, without having a losing season.

Also that fact that Edmonton would have a slim chance at another lottery pick for once

Rather have a full hockey season though.

Old
08-13-2012, 04:11 PM
Colorado Avalanche

They are idiots, If they decide to have another lock-out. They both lose. Fans lose too.

Old
08-13-2012, 04:19 PM
Nzap
Insert clever phrase

Players that come here from abroad (like Cervenka to the Flames) must be so excited that their first taste of the NHL will be a bitter lockout.

Old
08-13-2012, 04:29 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

I'm a huge hockey fan and it's more than a sport to me, but if there is another lockout, it would make reconsider if it's worth watching it again.

Even with that, I still don't think the whole season will be lockout. Maybe the first couple of months, but I still think that both know about the gravity here and how terrible it could be for the NHL.

Last edited by S E P H: 08-13-2012 at 04:42 PM.
Old
08-13-2012, 04:39 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

The second players named Fehr head of NHLPA, it was obvious they were choosing a confrontational path.

Old
08-13-2012, 04:42 PM
Colorado Avalanche

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
I'm a huge hockey fan and it's more than a sport to me, but if there is another lockout, it would make reconsider if it's worth watching it again.

Even with that, I still don't think the whole season will be lockout. Maybe the first couple of months, but I still think that both think about the gravity here and how terrible it could be for the NHL.
Well, I'll always follow hockey, but probably going to watch KHL/FEL more than usual. KHL seems pretty interesting actually, especially after all these NHL players sign there..

Old
08-13-2012, 04:44 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post

Even with that, I still don't think the whole season will be lockout. Maybe the first couple of months, but I still think that both think about the gravity here and how terrible it could be for the NHL.
I never really understood this. I'm not trying to offend you SEPH or call you a bad fan but how can one just stop watching/following a team/league, after being so emotionally invested in them? I obviously would be pissed if the lockout happens, I'll just watch AHL, OHL and World junior to get my fix. Once the NHL solves it's issues I'll be right there waiting.

I could see/understand casual fans walking away but I don't consider anyone that posts here a casual fan. I wouldn't even blame them, who wants to follow a league that lockouts every time a there needs to be a new CBA? It's an embarrassment to the league and sport.

Old
08-13-2012, 04:46 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Avalanche View Post
Well, I'll always follow hockey, but probably going to watch KHL/FEL more than usual. KHL seems pretty interesting actually, especially after all these NHL players sign there..
I love European hockey, but to me it's not the same because you're going to root for players than a team.

Closed Thread