HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Madison Square Garden Renovations (Part IV)

Closed Thread

Old
08-10-2012, 06:01 PM
broadwayblue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
just to show you what I mean, here is some visual evidence. look at the portal in all 3 pictures. you'll see that as time goes on, they rip out the seats, and are building up the 2 rows of suite seating into the 3 rows where the old 200's were. the first row of the new 200's are directly over where the walkway used to be, as is the case with the new seating they put in on the ends last summer.
Thanks...it's still hard to see exactly where the new luxury box seating will be, but it does look like the new upper bowl front row will be somewhat closer (perhaps it is 7 feet.)

Old
08-10-2012, 06:06 PM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Thanks...it's still hard to see exactly where the new luxury box seating will be, but it does look like the new upper bowl front row will be somewhat closer (perhaps it is 7 feet.)
the last picture is from a month ago. if you look at those pictures and then look at the virtual seating chart, youll see tht the new luxury box seating will be where the last rows of the old green seats in the 200's were this year. thats why they werent ripped out last summer.

the areas where they left extra rows of green seats in the lower bowl last year are where ada handicap areas will be going.

Old
08-11-2012, 11:28 AM
PassShootScore
208 Row 18

i talked to my rep the other day and they said that one side of the new bridges will be for media only and there still trying to decide what there going to do with the other side. she said maybe group seats or season tickets. she also said the new Budweiser deck will most likely be season tickets while the West Balcony will be kept for groups

Old
08-11-2012, 11:30 AM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassShootScore View Post
i talked to my rep the other day and they said that one side of the new bridges will be for media only and there still trying to decide what there going to do with the other side. she said maybe group seats or season tickets. she also said the new Budweiser deck will most likely be season tickets while the West Balcony will be kept for groups
The west balcony can't all be for groups because I know quite a few people who have seasons up there. I wonder how much center ice bridge seats will go for ?

08-11-2012, 12:06 PM
PassShootScore
208 Row 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
The west balcony can't all be for groups because I know quite a few people who have seasons up there. I wonder how much center ice bridge seats will go for ?
i ask my rep about moving my seats to the west balcony before the season ended and they said there not allowing anyone to move there but they have STH there now because they ran out of room to put them. and it will probably cost an arm and a leg lol it should be a great view

Old
08-11-2012, 12:19 PM
Giacomin

I had a pretty long talk with my Rep 2 weeks ago and he told me that the renewal rate for STH,s were higher than ever and many long tenured STH,s added seats to their account. As a result they had to shift newer STH,s to the Bridge Terrace. Also which I find a little upsetting but the partial plan holder is going to get squeezed bigtime in the next couple of seasons and the plan is to eventually phase them out. I haven,t heard from anyone who has a partial plan but I don,t think they got their renewals or seat locations yet.

Old
08-11-2012, 12:22 PM
Megustaelhockey
Global Moderator
Happy holidays! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bickel41 View Post
I had a pretty long talk with my Rep 2 weeks ago and he told me that the renewal rate for STH,s were higher than ever and many long tenured STH,s added seats to their account. As a result they had to shift newer STH,s to the Bridge Terrace. Also which I find a little upsetting but the partial plan holder is going to get squeezed bigtime in the next couple of seasons and the plan is to eventually phase them out. I haven,t heard from anyone who has a partial plan but I don,t think they got their renewals or seat locations yet.
What you're describing is one of the side effects of a good hockey team!

Old
08-11-2012, 12:39 PM
Giacomin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megustaelhockey View Post
What you're describing is one of the side effects of a good hockey team!
I agree but I feel bad about fans who have had partial plans for a long time only to get shifted to seats in the lower bowl or behind the goals. I worked with someone who had a 10 game plan for about 20 years and I know that if they phase him out which he expects he will never go back. That is the downside of this. The Mets did the same thing(phase out mini plans) when they first moved to Citifield and they alienated a lot of their fans.

Old
08-11-2012, 12:56 PM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Quote:
I agree but I feel bad about fans who have had partial plans for a long time only to get shifted to seats in the lower bowl or behind the goals. I worked with someone who had a 10 game plan for about 20 years and I know that if they phase him out which he expects he will never go back. That is the downside of this. The Mets did the same thing(phase out mini plans) when they first moved to Citifield and they alienated a lot of their fans.
That came back to haunt them big time, when the Mets began to suck after 2009. They lost me as a customer, for example, and I'm not going back because of the way I was treated during the Stadium changeover. And they wonder why attendance is down now

But I'm surprised to hear the high renewal rate, but I bet a lot of it has to do with the crazy resale values from last year -- profits from premium games were absolute insane. The problem is that the Rangers have now raised prices to match last years demand, and while people are willing to pay that now, when the team starts having bad years again (knock on wood), they will lose a ton of subscribers at their current prices. And no way will they lower prices by the same 20+% in one year.

I think they are setting themsevles up for disaster. And phasing out partial plan fans certainly doesn't help. Sometimes I wonder what kind of people they have making these business decesions

Old
08-11-2012, 07:49 PM
Baby Punisher

Phasing out partial plans is not the end of the world. If the economy tanks or the attendence starts fallong MSG will bring them back.

Old
08-11-2012, 07:52 PM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Punisher View Post
If the economy tanks or the attendence starts fallong MSG will bring them back.
???

Uh where have you been?

08-11-2012, 07:57 PM
Baby Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Special View Post
???

Uh where have you been?
It could get much worse brother.

Old
08-12-2012, 05:08 PM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
I find it hard to believe he had a partial for 20 years. They were phased out around 93 and not brought back til about 10 years ago. Yes, the Mets really over-estimated the demand for their tickets. I had a saturday plan in the upper reserved in 2007. Got the renewal for 2008 and laughed. They doubled the price knowing people would want to get plans and be first in line for plans at new stadium. Well, they lost A LOT of accounts. Plus, they removed 2 saturday games and added 5 weeknight games to the "Saturday"plan.

Old
08-12-2012, 05:48 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
I find it hard to believe he had a partial for 20 years. They were phased out around 93 and not brought back til about 10 years ago. Yes, the Mets really over-estimated the demand for their tickets. I had a saturday plan in the upper reserved in 2007. Got the renewal for 2008 and laughed. They doubled the price knowing people would want to get plans and be first in line for plans at new stadium. Well, they lost A LOT of accounts. Plus, they removed 2 saturday games and added 5 weeknight games to the "Saturday"plan.
They carried that crap over to Citi too. We had a "weekend" plan when the stadium first opened and it was 15 games, 6 of which I believe were weekday games (Mon-Thu). We held on to the plan for another year but we gave it up after that. Just not worth it considering you could get games on StubHub or through the Mets for much cheaper without being tied down to certain games. Plus you got no benefits with the mini plan at all.

08-13-2012, 01:44 PM
dubidubidu

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
They carried that crap over to Citi too. We had a "weekend" plan when the stadium first opened and it was 15 games, 6 of which I believe were weekday games (Mon-Thu). We held on to the plan for another year but we gave it up after that. Just not worth it considering you could get games on StubHub or through the Mets for much cheaper without being tied down to certain games. Plus you got no benefits with the mini plan at all.
Yeah, my 13-game "Sunday Plan" went from every Sunday home game at Shea to 15-games, but only 10 Sundays at Citi plus random weekdays. I gave mine up too between stubhub, and the 2 for 1 ticket promos the Mets ran, it made no sense.

Anyway back to the Rangers, I've had an 11 game pack for 4 seasons now, we were in the 400s, got pushed down to 223 last year, which was a little over our budget, but I figured we'd keep it to keep our foot in the door. This year I was interested in upgrading to either full season or half season. Full season in my price range sold out instantaneously, so I'm hoping to atleast be able to get a half season somewhere reasonable. My rep said that sometime this week they'll have more info on partials, but as of now they have no idea of where or how many they'll have. Hopefully they'll have something.

My rep also told me that the West Balcony was indeed for group sales only.

Old
08-13-2012, 03:57 PM
Cliffy1814

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubidubidu View Post
Yeah, my 13-game "Sunday Plan" went from every Sunday home game at Shea to 15-games, but only 10 Sundays at Citi plus random weekdays. I gave mine up too between stubhub, and the 2 for 1 ticket promos the Mets ran, it made no sense.

Anyway back to the Rangers, I've had an 11 game pack for 4 seasons now, we were in the 400s, got pushed down to 223 last year, which was a little over our budget, but I figured we'd keep it to keep our foot in the door. This year I was interested in upgrading to either full season or half season. Full season in my price range sold out instantaneously, so I'm hoping to atleast be able to get a half season somewhere reasonable. My rep said that sometime this week they'll have more info on partials, but as of now they have no idea of where or how many they'll have. Hopefully they'll have something.

That is not true. I was a STH in 410. rows 1 & 2 of our section got relocated to west Balcony. I have spoken to others in the 8th avenue end who were moved there as well.. I'd be shocked if anything other than bar stool seats were left for groups.

Old
08-13-2012, 03:58 PM
Baby Punisher

Quote:
Man that is some bull*##@

Old
08-13-2012, 05:45 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

vCash: 50
Quote:
Man that is some bull*##@
yeah seriously. dubi, who's your rep?

Old
08-13-2012, 05:54 PM
dubidubidu

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
yeah seriously. dubi, who's your rep?
Mark Picardo.. I was kinda annoyed because I love the view up there and it was within my budget for a full season. Unless he just meant it wasn't available for new season tickets?

Old
08-13-2012, 06:42 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Mark Picardo.. I was kinda annoyed because I love the view up there and it was within my budget for a full season. Unless he just meant it wasn't available for new season tickets?
That's likely it.

Old
08-13-2012, 11:14 PM
Giacomin

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
That's likely it.
Exactly! It seems as if a decent amount of STH,s added seats and less didn,t renew.

Old
08-13-2012, 11:44 PM
Baby Punisher

Quote:
My rep is Dan Smith & I made it known last year I wanted to get up there. I haven't talked to him as of late but he had assured me in the spring that he would try to accomodate me.

Old
08-14-2012, 12:17 AM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
My rep is Dan Smith & I made it known last year I wanted to get up there. I haven't talked to him as of late but he had assured me in the spring that he would try to accomodate me.
I went through like 5 reps from last August up until now and he was one of them. I was pretty sure he got a promotion and now dealt with Knicks STH, but I could be thinking of the wrong guy.

Old
08-14-2012, 07:40 PM
Baby Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
I went through like 5 reps from last August up until now and he was one of them. I was pretty sure he got a promotion and now dealt with Knicks STH, but I could be thinking of the wrong guy.
It's quite possible. I had another ticket rep that was pretty good, Lilly Brewly. She moved back to Calli.

Old
08-16-2012, 02:25 AM
Scotty Hockey

Begged for bar stools and was told none were available for STHs ... really unhappy with what I was given in the relocation - even after moving from the orig assigned seats, they only had a few pairs to which I could choose from and half were high prices that I told them I wouldn't pay. But, whatever, at this point I just figure I'll suffer through one season and be able to move the next ....

Closed Thread