HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lockout and Tickets

Old
08-10-2012, 08:48 PM
BigB
We Want Big Macs!

vCash: 50
Lockout and Tickets

I have a 10 pack of tickets that I purchased before last season ended... with the last lockout, what happened? Were people given their money back or was it lost? I am curious if any of you have encountered this.

I do know that when buying into the tickets before, they said cannot be refunded?

BigB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 09:22 PM
Alklha

vCash: 500
You'll get a refund.

Alklha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 02:53 PM
BigB
We Want Big Macs!

So what's the chances our season is cut short? I haven't been able to follow this summer on what is going on.

Old
08-13-2012, 05:42 PM
Alklha

I doubt we'll see the full 82 game season, the sides are incredibly far apart and they have a month to sort it before the owners lockout. To be fair to the owners, while they could start the season under the existing CBA, that would give the players all the power as they could strike at any time (so take away the big revenue end of season and still have got paid). Probably about a 10%-20% of a full season at this point.

I'm just a naïve fan, but the owners need to waken up and realise the situation. It is true negotiations have to start somewhere, but their first offer basically inflamed the situation. Get the 50/50 split worked so that there doesn't need to be a rollback, if you want the long contracts sorted then make it so that no 1 year can pay less than 70% of the caphit and maybe try and put an extra year on RFA. The current system needs tweaking, but isn't really broken.

Old
08-13-2012, 07:26 PM
CitizenSnips
TheFightingMongooses

i dont know about your percentages, i believe they are a little off Alkhlha. there is a chance we dont see a full 82 game season but i dont think we have 10-20% chance to see a full season.

after what happened with the last lockout, we are just now getting to the point where we were before all that, and it hurt both the players and the owners, but more it hurt the league and the fans. the players wanna play and the owners wanna make money, i think there is a 10-20% chance there isnt a lockout but i guess time will tell.

i hope we are both wrong and we see a full season

CitizenSnips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 08:34 AM
Alklha

Quote:
Originally Posted by CitizenSnips View Post
i dont know about your percentages, i believe they are a little off Alkhlha. there is a chance we dont see a full 82 game season but i dont think we have 10-20% chance to see a full season.

after what happened with the last lockout, we are just now getting to the point where we were before all that, and it hurt both the players and the owners, but more it hurt the league and the fans. the players wanna play and the owners wanna make money, i think there is a 10-20% chance there isnt a lockout but i guess time will tell.

i hope we are both wrong and we see a full season
The key factor is that the significant majority of League revenue comes in the second half of the season. There isn't much incentive at this point for the owners to rush to get a deal done, in fact it is probably better for them to lose the first couple of months of the season when all things are considered.

Right now I'd say there is no chance of losing the entire season, but I'll be astounded if we are seeing the Blues in Colorado on October 11.

Old
08-15-2012, 02:39 PM
Frenzy1

I hope not. I have a group I am taking to the prospects tourney in Traverse City. It would suck to have to cancel the trip.

Frenzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 05:30 PM
BigB
We Want Big Macs!

So... it is a pretty fair bet we miss a few games and a minor lockout is in order? If it is prolonged and big loss of games.. I am going to be super upset!