HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edmonton-Columbus

Old
08-13-2012, 11:01 PM
Greasy Sliders

vCash: 500
Edmonton-Columbus

To EDM:
Boone Jenner
James Wisniewski

To CBJ:
Teemu Hartikainan
Tyler Pitlick
1st Round pick

Edmonton doesn't need anymore 1st rounders , there gonna run out space to sign them all. All there young forwards are flashy offensive players , without many power forwards. Boone Jenner would fit this role. They also need at least 1 more OFD , and wisniewski might need a change of scenery.
Columbus is obviously in a rebuild , and first round picks and prospects is what they'd need. Thoughts ?

Greasy Sliders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 11:03 PM
PeterForsberg

Hell no. They're not giving their 1st rounder..

PeterForsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 11:08 PM
glasses91

If I were columbus id tell you to pitlick.

You obviously watched him play today.(jenner)

glasses91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 11:08 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 50
I can't imagine Columbus listens unless there is a clause where they get more picks if it isn't something like a top 5 pick. They are pretty happy with Wiz and Jenner is developing nicely.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 11:09 PM
Bryanbryoil
Bozo Buddies

That trade could come back to bite us in the ass HARD. We just added J. Schultz and then we acquire someone to bump him off the 1PP before he even gets a chance there?

08-13-2012, 11:12 PM
TSA0402

Basically this trade is kind of stupid until we find out a bit more information about the draft pick.

I like Boone Jenner and Wiz is a bit overpaid but plays well with JMFJ. It would have to be a really good pick coming back.

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 11:20 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Ennnh. We really really like Boone, and Wisniewski and JMFJ seem to do very well together (they're taking over the locker room and doing the BFF thing). Hartikainen and Pitlick are both kind of interesting, but don't represent much beyond what we've already got except that they're bigger (or, in Hartikainen's case, play LW instead of RW). Meh.

The 1st is the most interesting element, and frankly it doesn't feel like it's worth it to me. It's not a totally unreasonable attempt; I'm just not seeing how it really helps us.

You get MASSIVE points, though, for not including the name of a certain other Columbus center.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 11:24 PM
Bryanbryoil
Bozo Buddies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Ennnh. We really really like Boone, and Wisniewski and JMFJ seem to do very well together (they're taking over the locker room and doing the BFF thing). Hartikainen and Pitlick are both kind of interesting, but don't represent much beyond what we've already got except that they're bigger (or, in Hartikainen's case, play LW instead of RW). Meh.

The 1st is the most interesting element, and frankly it doesn't feel like it's worth it to me. It's not a totally unreasonable attempt; I'm just not seeing how it really helps us.

You get MASSIVE points, though, for not including the name of a certain other Columbus center.
So since they're not available, how about Johansen?

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 11:24 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

the only thing this trade does is make sure we get McKinnon since we'd have EDM's pick...the rest doesn't interest me...

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 11:25 PM
Bryanbryoil
Bozo Buddies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
the only thing this trade does is make sure we get McKinnon since we'd have EDM's pick...the rest doesn't interest me...
Landing McKinnon and Jones would be one hell of a draft That said, I doubt that we'll be in the high lottery next year, let alone if we add a guy like Wiz.

Old
08-13-2012, 11:27 PM
Gritzky98
Lottery Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers10 View Post
To EDM:
Boone Jenner
James Wisniewski

To CBJ:
Teemu Hartikainan
Tyler Pitlick
1st Round pick

Edmonton doesn't need anymore 1st rounders , there gonna run out space to sign them all. All there young forwards are flashy offensive players , without many power forwards. Boone Jenner would fit this role. They also need at least 1 more OFD , and wisniewski might need a change of scenery.
Columbus is obviously in a rebuild , and first round picks and prospects is what they'd need. Thoughts ?
thats horrible

Oilers first alone is worth more then a B level prospect and an overpaid D man.

Gritzky98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 11:27 PM
Darnell Nurse
SMASHBROS2014

No. Way.

/Thread

Darnell Nurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 11:31 PM
TSA0402

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNH View Post
/Thread
I'm with you on that one. This is retarded from a Columbus standpoint. Put this bad boy out of its misery.

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 11:41 PM
Homesick

Edmonton probably wouldn't offer that package.
1. Hartikainen represents the only potential winger that plays with some physicality.
2. Pitlick isn't that great of a prospect but Edmonton is really weak down the middle(3/4 liner at best IMO)
3. I doubt Edmonton finishes in the lottery next season, but even they aren't going to pull a Burke.
4. The Oilers already have Smid, Petry, Whitney, N.Schultz, Sutton, Potter, and Peckham on one way contracts(with J.Schultz expected to be there as well) Not that the Wiz wouldnt be an upgrade but just way too many contracts.

More to just trade proposals than "alz yer shiney prozpect r ourz"

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 11:45 PM
SDig14

We cannot trade away the pick until we know what value it will have on draft day.

If we have a top 5 pick in a deep draft, we can trade that pick + a prospect or roster player for a player in the Richards, Carter, etc. type of level.

I like Boone Jenner, but you can find those guys late in the 1st round or in the 2nd round IMO. Furthermore, the Jackets seem to like Wiz and their top 6 looks strong, so I oud rather not pay to get him and take our chances with Justin Schultz.

SDig14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 12:40 AM
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
That trade could come back to bite us in the ass HARD. We just added J. Schultz and then we acquire someone to bump him off the 1PP before he even gets a chance there?
i hate to nitpick, but how could having Shultz earn his way onto the PP be a bad thing?

Zubrus Coffee Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 12:46 AM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

Seriously? I'll be a bit generous to Columbus and say Pitlick for Jenner is basically a wash, and then you want to trade Harti and our 1st for Wiz?

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 12:53 AM
Bryanbryoil
Bozo Buddies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tairy Greene View Post
i hate to nitpick, but how could having Shultz earn his way onto the PP be a bad thing?
Is Wiz worth as much if he's on the 2PP? That's my point.

Old
08-14-2012, 01:02 AM
Homesick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tairy Greene View Post
I hate to nitpick but the Oilers had the #3 ranked PP last season without a defenseman like Wisniewski. J.Schultz is going to have to earn his PP time as it is.

The Oilers had good special teams but were poor 5vs5 and thats not something Wisniewski is overly strong at.

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 01:04 AM
CBJWennberg41
Formerly CBJBrassard

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
Seriously? I'll be a bit generous to Columbus and say Pitlick for Jenner is basically a wash, and then you want to trade Harti and our 1st for Wiz?

And no. We don't need to deal Wis because he's our only right handed PP guy, and while adding another 1st is nice, the Oilers will be a playoff contending team this year, i'd rather hang on to Boone and Wis knowing what we have than the questionable pick

CBJWennberg41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 01:06 AM
iCanada

vCash: 400
Quote:
Pretty much this. I'd say Jenner likely a better Prospect than Pitlick, but they really have the same ceiling as a physical top six guy. Sure Jenner has the ability to be the better player, but Pitlick going to be ready way sooner, and its not exactly like we need him to step in and be a top six player anyway.

Even if you make it Pitlick+Harti for Jenner thats an overpayment by Edmonton. It might be fair, but in terms of asset management thats just silly, why overpay for potential marginal upgrades we wont be able to see for three years? Bleh.

And then Wiz for a 1st round pick? lol... yeah, whatever. Thats just kind of a joke, imo.

iCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 01:13 AM
SaskOil*
u mad

No way the Oilers do this.

SaskOil* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 01:13 AM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post

And no. We don't need to deal Wis because he's our only right handed PP guy, and while adding another 1st is nice, the Oilers will be a playoff contending team this year, i'd rather hang on to Boone and Wis knowing what we have than the questionable pick
How is that confusing you? Both have middle 6 potential. Pitlick is better offensively and a little more physical. Jenner is better defensively. The guy with more offense will be worth more every time

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 01:20 AM
sully61
Unregistered User

Edmonton is going to suck one more year so they can get Jones with the #2 pick then they'll make a couple nice off season signings and they'll be real set for two years until they need to pay everyone haha. Who's first to go, Yak, RNH, Hall, Eberle?

sully61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 01:42 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
So since they're not available, how about Johansen?
You know the price.

Quote:
I'll be a bit generous to Columbus and say Pitlick for Jenner is basically a wash
...annnnd that's where I stopped reading.

"Generous".

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote