HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Max Pacioretty signed for 6 years!! ($27M/$4.5M per)

Old
08-13-2012, 10:51 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

vCash: 500
Amazing contract.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 10:57 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac1160 View Post
Like it or not this is a GREAT deal. His style of play and attitude make this contract even better. He is at least a 50 point player consistently IMO. He is a future leader on this team if not already and has the heart of a lion. Its not just numbers its everything he brings.

I understand what your saying and completely know what you mean but this isn't michael grabner we are talking about. Max is more than a one season wonder. I think he will improve even more and make this contract even sweeter. Thats just me.
I don't disagree but max had 1 good season, so until he does more he's got 1 good year under his belt.

Don't take this as a sign I'm against the deal. Hell No. I love it. I'm merely being objective. Some believe he'll continuously improve and be a 40 goal guy. Maybe not, maybe he'll be a 30-30 guy and be worth 4.5-5. Maybe he'll hit 25-25 and be worth 4 mil. At the price, it's really not a bad risk but it may not be 'steal of the century' as some are claiming. So far, it looks fantastic and I'm under the assumption it will continue to look that way. Like I said, i'm just throwing something beyond the "BRB need to change my pants" comments.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 11:00 PM
Jmac1160*
Gomez-"Sorry Coach"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
I don't disagree but max had 1 good season, so until he does more he's got 1 good year under his belt.

Don't take this as a sign I'm against the deal. Hell No. I love it. I'm merely being objective. Some believe he'll continuously improve and be a 40 goal guy. Maybe not, maybe he'll be a 30-30 guy and be worth 4.5-5. Maybe he'll hit 25-25 and be worth 4 mil. At the price, it's really not a bad risk but it may not be 'steal of the century' as some are claiming. So far, it looks fantastic and I'm under the assumption it will continue to look that way. Like I said, i'm just throwing something beyond the "BRB need to change my pants" comments.
You devils advocate you. Well said sir

Jmac1160* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 11:02 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:

I'm not wearing any pants. Your move.

Jack Bourdain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 11:03 PM
MarkersMark*

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrun View Post
Good pro active gm'ing right there.
This. Could be one of the NHL's best contracts in a season or two... and has no risk of being one of the worst.

MarkersMark* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 11:08 PM
Seb
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Seb
I'm a hockey contracts expert and this is a good deal.

Seb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 11:11 PM
shawnyboy24

So worst case scenario its a fair deal.I m going to consider this a very good contract and you do your thing.Party pooper!
Quote:

shawnyboy24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 11:18 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post
I'm not wearing any pants. Your move.
Never a bad time to work on your stickhandling I guess?

Old
08-13-2012, 11:19 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Max is overrated, one good year so far. Does it mean he won't get better or at least be consistent? Of course not. His work ethic and attitude lead me to believe he'll at least be a legit top 6 forward through the duration of his contract. It IS still a risk, as with any player to sign someone to a long term deal after a big year. Now...that being said, that contract is ridiculously affordable for what he brings so the risk is minimized. It came out of nowhere but i'm thrilled at the signing.
how is he overrated? what's the context? he was rushed to the NHL but in the last two years he has been on pace - or reached 30+ goals. at the time of the chara incident he projected 28-30 goals as a 22 y.o

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 11:25 PM
PricePkPatch

Obviously, the signing is still pending Dr. Recchi's medial examination of Pacioretty.

But everybody is confident.

PricePkPatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 11:26 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by subbang76 View Post
Can someone tell me if Pacioretty received a NTC with that contract extention...
He did not.

Patrick Caisse ‏@patrickcaisse
L'agent de Max Pacioretty me confirme que son client n'a PAS de clause de non-échange dans son nouveau contrat #Habs

Marc the Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 11:32 PM
davenash

Yes, I'm thrilled with this.

davenash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 11:32 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
how is he overrated? what's the context? he was rushed to the NHL but in the last two years he has been on pace - or reached 30+ goals. at the time of the chara incident he projected 28-30 goals as a 22 y.o
You realize there's no right answer to this question because even if I present my opinion someone's gonna make a fuss about it. Chris stewart had back to back 28 goal seasons and provided toughness and size in front of the net. Do I anticipate maxpac falling off in the same way? No but pretending his an established premier forward would be wrong. Cheechoo had good years too you know. The context is this, over a full year, he was excellent, lets see him repeat it. Not sure why people get bent out of shape over the obvious.

You guys make it sound like I dislike the guy. I'm just being realistic, it's not flowers and teddy bears all the time. He may become a 25 goal scorer on average or he may hit 40 goals. Why is it out of context to suggest before I label him a perenial 30+ goal scorer he needed to do it over more than 1 year? Please don't reference a half year, he was doing good, but it's still 1.5 years.

This same logic of "constant improvement" describes the AK fallacy. "30 goal scorer" just like max is a future "40 goal scorer". Let him do it first, not sure why it's a debate. It really depends which fan you talk to. Some feel sky is the limit for max and honestly, I don't see it. I'm saying his overrated by those expectations.

The deal itself is fair, if not favours the habs. I said specifically I'm thrilled at the deal so really says everything you need to know in regards to how I percieve him.

Old
08-13-2012, 11:33 PM
Vasculio
Booya !

Seems like Bergevin is a great seller, something we didn't have for a while, management wise... just great for the near future of the franchise, just great !

Vasculio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 11:37 PM
Dean Ambrose
k

vCash: 133
Holy crap...that's an AWESOME contract. Well done, Bergevin. I'm excited!

Dean Ambrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 11:38 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Maybe he'll hit 25-25 and be worth 4 mil.
A 25-goal scorer of any ilk is worth 5 million plus at this point. Let alone in 2-3 years. Remember, he doesn't even hit 30 until the end.

I think it's going to be very unlikely not to see great value on this contract.

MathMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 11:44 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
A 25-goal scorer of any ilk is worth 5 million plus at this point. Let alone in 2-3 years. Remember, he doesn't even hit 30 until the end.

I think it's going to be very unlikely not to see great value on this contract.
I agree its very unlikely this contract turns out anything but great,

As for you replying to 25-25 guys being work 5 mil+:

Jiri Hudler 4 mil per. 25 goals, 25 assists, 50 points.

Old
08-13-2012, 11:44 PM
PATCHESx67

when i received the sms from RDS and saw the habs signed for 6years i was like yayyy subban finally signed but when i saw Max at the end i was like WAAAAAT Lol i love Subban but i been a Pac fan since hes hamilton days when everyone in here kept crying cuz we didnt draft Perron instead and today im damn proud to see Patches signing this long term deal with us specially at this price

ill gladly be wearing my Pacioretty jersey at games for the next 6years !!

PATCHESx67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 11:51 PM
Mrb1p

Perfect deal for my favorite hab !!!!

Mrb1p is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 11:55 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Patches, Subban, Eller, Galchenyuk, and Price.

If Tinordi, Beaulieu, Collberg and Gallagher reach their potential, we're looking good.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 12:20 AM
Theosis
11, 27, 31, 67, 76 ♥

Woah. Beauty of a cap hit there...

Hopefully he can get Subban signed at a decent deal as well.

Theosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 12:44 AM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Cant really go wrong with this deal, bergevin nailed it

i really thought max was gonna cost us 6 million plus in 2-3 years. now he wouldnt cost us 6 mill for SEVEN years, its just insane really.

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 12:46 AM
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

WOW!!! What a steal!!

99GoHabsGo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 12:48 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
He did not.

L'agent de Max Pacioretty me confirme que son client n'a PAS de clause de non-échange dans son nouveau contrat #Habs
Trading him would be extremely sad but at the same time his trade value must be tremendous.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 01:16 AM
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Obviously, the signing is still pending Dr. Recchi's medial examination of Pacioretty.

But everybody is confident.
Stole my line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
He did not.

Yeah but how'll we fit in Frolov, Mr Caisse?

Oh and Patch's just became my favorite Hab. Amongst my (super cool) crew we call him Patches O'Houlihan.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote