HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

General Predators Talk Part II

View Poll Results: Random question: Which of these jerseys do you like?
Preds normal home jersey 25 52.08%
Preds normal away jersey 23 47.92%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
08-07-2012, 03:38 PM
Webersmashpuck

vCash: 1088
http://blogs.tennessean.com/predator...is-short-list/

I am not expecting Doan to come here, but Trotz saying that and having been in contact with Doan for the past month is definately a plus for us.

Old
08-10-2012, 09:59 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

vCash: 500
Nashville Predators ‏@PredsNHL

SAVE THE DATE: @PredsNHL Skate of the Union Town Hall Meeting on Monday, August 20 at @BrdgstoneArena -- more info coming soon.

Old
08-13-2012, 10:13 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Damn this is a nice mask.

http://ingoalmag.com/news/iron-maide...ashville-mask/

Old
08-13-2012, 01:44 PM
Everlong
JoeyBats

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post

So...Epic.

Old
08-13-2012, 01:50 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

A conversation with David Poile

Old
08-13-2012, 02:33 PM
Top 6 Spaling

I'm in a Preds-sponsored High School development camp. Tomorrow, Brian Poile will be a guest instructor. Is it too soon to ask if he is giving me a QO?

Old
08-13-2012, 03:27 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
I'm in a Preds-sponsored High School development camp. Tomorrow, Brian Poile will be a guest instructor. Is it too soon to ask if he is giving me a QO?
OMG ... I think that would be hysterical ... I wouldn't do it ... but damn, that'd be gold jerry

Old
08-13-2012, 07:53 PM
luckofirish8

Quote:
Make sure he puts that NMC in it right off the bat. We don't want or need Weber 2.0.

Old
08-13-2012, 08:22 PM
Paincakes

Powerslave FT Mother-****ing W!

Old
08-14-2012, 02:20 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarding Assets View Post
A good read. Not surprised that Anders asked to be traded. Any goalie who is behind Pekka will know they are a backup, and nothing more here.

Old
08-14-2012, 05:32 AM
NoNecksCurse

anders is the first pred to request a trade. and even he requested one out of circumstance and not because he was upset

Old
08-14-2012, 08:52 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
anders is the first pred to request a trade. and even he requested one out of circumstance and not because he was upset
well, Ellis either wanted a trade or wanted Mason traded, which is kinda the same..., and for the same reason...

Old
08-14-2012, 09:40 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
I will draft sean avery with the 1st overall pick in our next game if you do that.

Old
08-14-2012, 10:31 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Now that Suter is gone, does Nashville have to talk to Cincy about trading Garrett Suter to Orlando?

Old
08-14-2012, 03:27 PM
token grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
Arnott asked to be traded

Old
08-14-2012, 04:20 PM
Broom of the System

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
Unless you're talking about some time other than right before he was traded, he was pretty much given an ultimatum. I've heard they told him they had zero interest in re-signing him and that he would be stripped of the captaincy and have a reduced role, or they could trade him. Naturally, he went with the trade.

Old
08-14-2012, 04:49 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
poile did an interview this past year and said he has never had a single person request a trade from us. thats what I was going off of.. I believe that about arnott... maybe this interview im thinking about was a couple of years ago and not so recent lol

Old
08-14-2012, 09:43 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Both parties claim it was a mutual breakup

Old
08-15-2012, 10:39 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Am I missing something? How is it Detroit is predicted by so many to be better than us this season? Did they not lose both of their top defensemen? We lost Suter but gained Gill and Guastad for a full season. Not to mention we were much deeper on the blueline to begin with. Guess they don't really know how good Josi can be.

Old
08-15-2012, 11:11 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Am I missing something? How is it Detroit is predicted by so many to be better than us this season? Did they not lose both of their top defensemen? We lost Suter but gained Gill and Guastad for a full season. Not to mention we were much deeper on the blueline to begin with. Guess they don't really know how good Josi can be.
Good, let them underestimate us. They always do, and we always prove them wrong.

Old
08-15-2012, 01:31 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Good, let them underestimate us. They always do, and we always prove them wrong.
Yep, nothing new to see here.

Old
08-15-2012, 01:56 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
To be fair, Stuart was not a "top" defenseman, he was second pairing and not doing so great. If they'd lost Lidstrom and Kronwall, such a statement would be accurate.

That and I think folks are reserving judgment on Josi the same way they're reserving judgment on Smith. Which is fair, although I'm inclined to disagree with some of the conclusions being jumped to in both cases. (Particularly in Smith's case, where apparently the only thing keeping him from being described as Lidstrom's immediate drop-in replacement is the sentiment that Lidstrom is one-of-a-kind and irreplacable. "But in every OTHER way..." )

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Old
08-15-2012, 06:24 PM
Top 6 Spaling

We have been hearing the "because the wings are so good, they have tons of awesome NHL ready prospects in the minors" talk for a long time. We'll see whether it's true this year.

Old
08-15-2012, 07:20 PM
RobinDIF
Reunite ROR & Landy!

Hello everyone. Fun story coming up.

I'm a fan of Djurgårdens IF in Sweden. The team who just signed Chet Pickard. The goalie that you guys here has been telling me is awful. I dont want to judge him yet but, that's what you guys have been saying.

Here is the story, we had signed Steve Valiquette earlier this summer. But he changed his mind in the mid-summer and got cold feet and didnt want to come anymore. So they terminated his contract.

Then alot of agents started contacting our GM, but he was already in contact with the swedish Preds scout Lucas Bergman who owed our GM a favour from back in the days. Our GM was assistant coach in our team a few years ago when Patric Hörnqvist was coming up. And he told Lucas Bergman to convince Preds to take a chance on him. (I dont know what you guess think if him, but as taken last overall and that years draft, he has to be considered a draft steal). And Bergman said he would re-pay the favour in getting us a good goalie now. And he sent us Chet Pickard a few weeks ago. As a thank you for the Patric Hörnqvist tip a years ago.

If Pickard really sucks like some people here say, then you got a pretty good deal in getting rid of Pickard in 2012 in exchange for the Hörnqvist tip a few years ago.

Even favours?

Edit: And now you guys have drafted our top prospect in Pontus Åberg (What a blast of a shot that guys has). I wonder if our GM tipped Lucas Bergman off this time as well? Haha...

Åberg and Hörnqvist actually could be similar stories. Hörnqvist was pretty much set up to every single goal by our best player, Fredrik Bremberg. Passing wizard. He pretty much sent that kid to the NHL himself. And now, everyone expect Djurgården to pair up Åberg with Bremberg this season and try to get the most out of Åbergs amazing shooting powers. They have practised together on the first line so far this summer.

Old
08-15-2012, 08:53 PM
Tapp

Hi RobinDIF – thank you for posting the story about the connection between Djurgården’s GM and Lucas Bergman.

Since Pickard has been in the AHL and ECHL the last couple of seasons, I haven’t seen him play other than a few days here and there in camp, so I can’t give you an opinion on his play like some of the Admirals’ fans can. Obviously, as a first round pick his development has not gone as the Preds had hoped. Hopefully, for him and Djurgården, the move to Sweden will be good for him.

Having followed DIF a bit with first Hörnqvist, and then Cehlin, and now Åberg, I hope Djurgården will make their way back into the SEL this season. And given that the Preds seem to have a little pipeline going with Djurgården, it would be cool if Pickard could be a part of helping DIF get back to the SEL.

As for Patric, while I’m all for anyone wearing a Preds uniform, I admit he is my favorite. By the way, I read the nice interview with him that was posted on DIF’s site a few weeks ago. So evening the favor for that article, if you are interested, here is a link to an article about Patric that ran on the Preds’ site a couple of days after the Preds were eliminated from the playoffs this year. When the article was first posted the photo on the front page of the Preds site had the title: Heart and Soul Hörnqvist embodies the spirit of the Preds. I, for one, think that is a very appropriate title.

http://predators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=631111

It has been nice to see you and other Swedes post on the Preds pages. It would be nice to get updates on Åberg’s progress from fans that actually get to see him play on a regular basis. Having read about him for a few years, I admit I literally cheered aloud when the Preds picked him in the second round with their first pick in the draft this year.

Best of luck this season!

Closed Thread