HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Summer Olympics

Old
08-13-2012, 04:30 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

vCash: 500
another solid showing for the US...

wish we did better in both mens and womens volleyball, though at least the ladies took home the silver...

I love the Olympics and what it should stand for, but am I the only one who just gets pissed off knowing every single event is sponsored by something corporate? or now the commercials with the American athletes are promoting some type of product....when the hell did that happen??

I remember a few of those ads in 2010, but damn, it seemed like every other commercial had a US Olympian in it promoting something...

I am not anti corporate by any means, but this just seemed overboard to me, and a complete slap in the face to what this Olympics should and has stood for...I guess I am old school..

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 08:34 AM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Fun Shogun View Post
It's simple. Air it live and then replay the good stuff in prime time. I mean, they've got it on three or four channels, for crying out loud, plenty of air time to fill, especially on CNBC and MSNBC which nobody watches anyway.

Win-win, and they'd probably get better ratings, too. The people that want to see it live and not get spoiled get what they want, the people that don't care and just want to watch at a convenient time get what they want, and NBC gets what they want by having less need for filler.
Agreed, the first showing would have significantly better ratings than whatever crap is on one of those channels.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote