Old
08-09-2012, 11:17 AM
Roll 4 Lines
Gitchyasum!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
Yes.

A lot happens in a football game. 2.5 days of talking about it seems perfectly reasonable.

2.5 of build-up the same.

Baseball sports talk is all just reactionary.
I'm with you. I love hockey talk and football talk. Got no time for either B Ball talk, and especially no stomach for sports radio hosts trying to rap !!

Old
08-09-2012, 08:04 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Made the mistake of turning on the radio on my way to work and caught Ordway making fun of the Japanese women who were crying after their loss to the U.S. soccer team.

God, that guy is such a ****wad.

Old
08-09-2012, 08:50 PM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Made the mistake of turning on the radio on my way to work and caught Ordway making fun of the Japanese women who were crying after their loss to the U.S. soccer team.

God, that guy is such a ****wad.
I hear he openly weeps when they run out of Lobster Risotto at Davio's. What a pantload.

Old
08-09-2012, 09:23 PM
GordonHowe

Truly, why would anyone listen to that fat ****?

Blissfully 'eei-free since 98.5 came upon the scene. And I'm *lovin' it.*

Last edited by doubleminor138: 08-09-2012 at 09:26 PM. Reason: obscenity filter
Old
08-09-2012, 09:32 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonHowe View Post
Truly, why would anyone listen to that fat ****?

Blissfully 'eei-free since 98.5 came upon the scene. And I'm *lovin' it.*
I'm out of 98.5's range. I listen to sports talk radio in the car; sometimes they'll have interviews or guests. If it's guys like Ordway bloviating I just turn it off.

Old
08-09-2012, 10:56 PM
08SeaBass08
Lucic and Chong

Even worse than the Big (Eg)O, 98.5 had the dynamic duo of Gresh and Tanguay on at drive time. I want to gouge out my eyeballs every time I hear Gresh say "...and we've talked about this before." That's the problem, dumbass. You've already talked about everything, and no-one wants to listen to you anymore.

Lobster risotto at Davio's...flipping hilarious!

Old
08-09-2012, 11:38 PM
beantown bullies
LOOOOOOCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08SeaBass08 View Post
Even worse than the Big (Eg)O, 98.5 had the dynamic duo of Gresh and Tanguay on at drive time. I want to gouge out my eyeballs every time I hear Gresh say "...and we've talked about this before." That's the problem, dumbass. You've already talked about everything, and no-one wants to listen to you anymore.

Lobster risotto at Davio's...flipping hilarious!
Without trying to sound like an a-hole, Gresh and Tanguay host Patriot pregame. That's what you heard on the drive home was Patriot pregame.

Old
08-09-2012, 11:44 PM
Shaun
beauty

I liked F&M last year but they have fallen off so badly that they are losing to the pringle man again.

Old
08-10-2012, 07:41 AM
08SeaBass08
Lucic and Chong

Quote:
Originally Posted by beantown bullies View Post
Without trying to sound like an a-hole, Gresh and Tanguay host Patriot pregame. That's what you heard on the drive home was Patriot pregame.
You didn't sound like one, and I am not offended. Actually, I appreciate the clarification, as I never heard them identify the programming as such.

I will say, however, as much as Felger has evolved into a frequently annoying caricature of himself, he knows more about football than Gresh and Tanguay combined. Pretty sad, given that Gresh is alleged to have played the game. At least F & M have some obvious personality, even if one doesn't like them.

Old
08-13-2012, 02:04 PM
beantown bullies
LOOOOOOCH

Happy 3rd birthday to 98.5 The Sports Hub

Old
08-13-2012, 05:27 PM
GoBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
I liked F&M last year but they have fallen off so badly that they are losing to the pringle man again.
Agreed. They're acts old and they forget Bruins made them popular not the othe way around. I stopped listening.

Old
08-13-2012, 09:30 PM
SCBruCrew4

I listen to 98.5 for T&R's antic's and the fact that they are openly, not much for Boston sports (which gives a more realistic POV) Also, they make my ride home in the morning from work much better when I work the overnight shift. As for Gresh and Zo...I'm eh at best with them. They make good points here and there but it's just a blah show in general. F&M I like to a degree, but after an hour of listening to Felgy being an overall ****** to everyone I have to turn it off. Maz's 6pm baseball show sucks...cause well the Sox have been pissing me off as of the past two seasons. And then comes DA who I personally think is the best on 98.5. He's light hearted but brings many good points and allows listeners to actually bring up points and phone calls without pulling the "Felgher Drop". Idk 98.5 is still better than EEI in my book.

Old
08-13-2012, 09:53 PM
duckchobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCBruCrew4 View Post
I listen to 98.5 for T&R's antic's and the fact that they are openly, not much for Boston sports (which gives a more realistic POV) Also, they make my ride home in the morning from work much better when I work the overnight shift. As for Gresh and Zo...I'm eh at best with them. They make good points here and there but it's just a blah show in general. F&M I like to a degree, but after an hour of listening to Felgy being an overall ****** to everyone I have to turn it off. Maz's 6pm baseball show sucks...cause well the Sox have been pissing me off as of the past two seasons. And then comes DA who I personally think is the best on 98.5. He's light hearted but brings many good points and allows listeners to actually bring up points and phone calls without pulling the "Felgher Drop". Idk 98.5 is still better than EEI in my book.
DA is the most well rounded guy at the station I think, but I think he is a little too dry for a morning or PM drive show. I think he's the best that 98.5 has to offer, but he needs to lay off trying to be a hard ass. He doesn't do it often, but when he does it sounds too much a-hole and not enough "I'm doing this just to get callers"

Old
08-13-2012, 10:11 PM
Mike Yeos Eyebrows
Stone Clode Stunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
When the Red Sox finally move on from Josh Beckett, I think Felger will retire from radio.

Old
08-14-2012, 07:53 AM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCBruCrew4 View Post
Heh thats the exact reason why I don't like them.

Old
08-14-2012, 09:28 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

I was flipping between both stations this am, and man was WEEI killing haggs. It was really funny. They basically called his integrity into question for not owning up to making a mistake about the beer being allowed in clubhouses on the road. They even put together an audio piece ripping on how all he had was a personal attack against Kirk during their twitter war and on Comcast, and how Minihane was just calling him out for not being informed. Said how everyone in the media thinks he's a hot head and can't take any criticisms. Pretty funny, IMO, even if it was obviously agenda driven.

Old
08-14-2012, 09:35 AM
Donnie Shulzhoffer

Haggs blasted Minihan on SportsNet for his article on Tim Tomas and said he can't talk Bruins because he hasn't been in the locker room. Minihan through back at him that Haggs has not been in the Celtics locker room but he was talking Celtics earlier in the show. Felger was also taking shots at the article until Minihan got him to admit that he hadn't even read it.

Sounds like Haggs wrote his article about Lackey with some wrong facts and then updated same article 8 hours later and won't admit it.

Didn't Haggs tick off Shawn Thornton this past season for reporting an injury he didn't have and Thornton boycotted him?

Old
08-14-2012, 09:36 AM
Therick67

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
I was flipping between both stations this am, and man was WEEI killing haggs. It was really funny. They basically called his integrity into question for not owning up to making a mistake about the beer being allowed in clubhouses on the road. They even put together an audio piece ripping on how all he had was a personal attack against Kirk during their twitter war and on Comcast, and how Minihane was just calling him out for not being informed. Said how everyone in the media thinks he's a hot head and can't take any criticisms. Pretty funny, IMO, even if it was obviously agenda driven.
I looked back and when Bobby V banned beer it said nothing about home or road, just the Red Sox clubhouse. Was this just a word game, or did Bobby V change the policy?

Old
08-14-2012, 09:58 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therick67 View Post
I looked back and when Bobby V banned beer it said nothing about home or road, just the Red Sox clubhouse. Was this just a word game, or did Bobby V change the policy?
He banned it only in the Red Sox clubhouse. I believe visiting clubhouses fall under the policy of the host team. The articles about Bobby V banning beer in the clubhouse say something to the effect of also curbing beer on the tail end of road trips, which to me indicates that it was going to allowed early on during those trips.

Old
08-14-2012, 10:09 AM
Therick67

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
He banned it only in the Red Sox clubhouse. I believe visiting clubhouses fall under the policy of the host team. The articles about Bobby V banning beer in the clubhouse say something to the effect of also curbing beer on the tail end of road trips, which to me indicates that it was going to allowed early on during those trips.
I guess the clubhouse on the road isn't the Red Sox clubhouse. The only other thing I read is it was banned on flights home to Boston.

At the end of the day I'm not sure how big a deal it is (the drinking) but you'd think after last season and this crappy season, they could control themselves to some degree.

Old
08-14-2012, 10:30 AM
Dr Quincy

T&R spend a riveting 30 minutes on whether or not Russell Brand has an attractive face. Great radio.

Old
08-14-2012, 10:33 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therick67 View Post
I guess the clubhouse on the road isn't the Red Sox clubhouse. The only other thing I read is it was banned on flights home to Boston.

At the end of the day I'm not sure how big a deal it is (the drinking) but you'd think after last season and this crappy season, they could control themselves to some degree.
At the end of the day, banning booze or not banning booze isn't the issue. The problem is that the players have zero accountability. Blocking them from having beer on a flight or in the locker room puts the blame on the alcohol instead of the players. It's not the beer's fault that Beckett drinks too much and eats too much fried chicken, and is out of shape because of his choices. It's not the beer's fault that too many guys are just playing out the string and not really trying to get better. Instead of shaking up the team and holding guys accountable for their actions though, the FO and ownership group are throwing them yacht parties and giving them custom headphones. They're enabling this nonsensical behavior by allowing it. Banning beer doesn't solve that problem. Banning beer also doesn't fix the issue that the FO overpaid for guys in free agency, and gave high dollar extension to the wrong type of players.

Old
08-14-2012, 10:35 AM
Hnidy Hnight

Minihane also blasted Jack Edwards in 2011 playoffs. The guy comes off as a jerk, but I find him entertaining to listen to. Not the same bland tip toeing, and not affraid to get into confrontations. A poormans Felger for now, but rising.

Old
08-14-2012, 10:35 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
T&R spend a riveting 30 minutes on whether or not Russell Brand has an attractive face. Great radio.
That's about when I switched. They went from a good interview with Andy Hart to that crap. Click.

Old
08-14-2012, 10:38 AM
XtremeofParanoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
Beats the hell out of, "Man, the Red Sox really suck right now, huh?"

Closed Thread