HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Sports Radio Thread Part 7

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-09-2012, 10:38 PM
  #626
beantown bullies
LOOOOOOCH
 
beantown bullies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 1,835
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08SeaBass08 View Post
Even worse than the Big (Eg)O, 98.5 had the dynamic duo of Gresh and Tanguay on at drive time. I want to gouge out my eyeballs every time I hear Gresh say "...and we've talked about this before." That's the problem, dumbass. You've already talked about everything, and no-one wants to listen to you anymore.

Lobster risotto at Davio's...flipping hilarious!
Without trying to sound like an a-hole, Gresh and Tanguay host Patriot pregame. That's what you heard on the drive home was Patriot pregame.

beantown bullies is offline  
Old
08-09-2012, 10:44 PM
  #627
Shaun
twitter:shaunjamesss
 
Shaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Italy
Posts: 22,736
vCash: 500
I liked F&M last year but they have fallen off so badly that they are losing to the pringle man again.

Shaun is offline  
Old
08-10-2012, 06:41 AM
  #628
08SeaBass08
Lucic and Chong
 
08SeaBass08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Foxboro, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 392
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by beantown bullies View Post
Without trying to sound like an a-hole, Gresh and Tanguay host Patriot pregame. That's what you heard on the drive home was Patriot pregame.
You didn't sound like one, and I am not offended. Actually, I appreciate the clarification, as I never heard them identify the programming as such.

I will say, however, as much as Felger has evolved into a frequently annoying caricature of himself, he knows more about football than Gresh and Tanguay combined. Pretty sad, given that Gresh is alleged to have played the game. At least F & M have some obvious personality, even if one doesn't like them.

08SeaBass08 is offline  
Old
08-13-2012, 01:04 PM
  #629
beantown bullies
LOOOOOOCH
 
beantown bullies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 1,835
vCash: 500
Happy 3rd birthday to 98.5 The Sports Hub

beantown bullies is offline  
Old
08-13-2012, 04:27 PM
  #630
GoBs
Registered User
 
GoBs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,330
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
I liked F&M last year but they have fallen off so badly that they are losing to the pringle man again.
Agreed. They're acts old and they forget Bruins made them popular not the othe way around. I stopped listening.

GoBs is offline  
Old
08-13-2012, 08:30 PM
  #631
SCBruCrew4
Registered User
 
SCBruCrew4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Boston, Ma
Country: United States
Posts: 580
vCash: 500
I listen to 98.5 for T&R's antic's and the fact that they are openly, not much for Boston sports (which gives a more realistic POV) Also, they make my ride home in the morning from work much better when I work the overnight shift. As for Gresh and Zo...I'm eh at best with them. They make good points here and there but it's just a blah show in general. F&M I like to a degree, but after an hour of listening to Felgy being an overall ****** to everyone I have to turn it off. Maz's 6pm baseball show sucks...cause well the Sox have been pissing me off as of the past two seasons. And then comes DA who I personally think is the best on 98.5. He's light hearted but brings many good points and allows listeners to actually bring up points and phone calls without pulling the "Felgher Drop". Idk 98.5 is still better than EEI in my book.

SCBruCrew4 is offline  
Old
08-13-2012, 08:53 PM
  #632
duckchobbins
Registered User
 
duckchobbins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 24,944
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCBruCrew4 View Post
I listen to 98.5 for T&R's antic's and the fact that they are openly, not much for Boston sports (which gives a more realistic POV) Also, they make my ride home in the morning from work much better when I work the overnight shift. As for Gresh and Zo...I'm eh at best with them. They make good points here and there but it's just a blah show in general. F&M I like to a degree, but after an hour of listening to Felgy being an overall ****** to everyone I have to turn it off. Maz's 6pm baseball show sucks...cause well the Sox have been pissing me off as of the past two seasons. And then comes DA who I personally think is the best on 98.5. He's light hearted but brings many good points and allows listeners to actually bring up points and phone calls without pulling the "Felgher Drop". Idk 98.5 is still better than EEI in my book.
DA is the most well rounded guy at the station I think, but I think he is a little too dry for a morning or PM drive show. I think he's the best that 98.5 has to offer, but he needs to lay off trying to be a hard ass. He doesn't do it often, but when he does it sounds too much a-hole and not enough "I'm doing this just to get callers"

duckchobbins is offline  
Old
08-13-2012, 09:11 PM
  #633
Mike Yeos Eyebrows
Ron & Anthony Show
 
Mike Yeos Eyebrows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Fall River
Country: United States
Posts: 17,880
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
I liked F&M last year but they have fallen off so badly that they are losing to the pringle man again.
When the Red Sox finally move on from Josh Beckett, I think Felger will retire from radio.

Mike Yeos Eyebrows is offline  
Old
08-14-2012, 06:53 AM
  #634
Morris Wanchuk
.......
 
Morris Wanchuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: War Memorial Arena
Country: United States
Posts: 15,117
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCBruCrew4 View Post
I listen to 98.5 for T&R's antic's and the fact that they are openly, not much for Boston sports (which gives a more realistic POV) Also, they make my ride home in the morning from work much better when I work the overnight shift. As for Gresh and Zo...I'm eh at best with them. They make good points here and there but it's just a blah show in general. F&M I like to a degree, but after an hour of listening to Felgy being an overall ****** to everyone I have to turn it off. Maz's 6pm baseball show sucks...cause well the Sox have been pissing me off as of the past two seasons. And then comes DA who I personally think is the best on 98.5. He's light hearted but brings many good points and allows listeners to actually bring up points and phone calls without pulling the "Felgher Drop". Idk 98.5 is still better than EEI in my book.
Heh thats the exact reason why I don't like them.

Morris Wanchuk is offline  
Old
08-14-2012, 08:28 AM
  #635
LSCII
Dark Cloud
 
LSCII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Central MA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,147
vCash: 500
I was flipping between both stations this am, and man was WEEI killing haggs. It was really funny. They basically called his integrity into question for not owning up to making a mistake about the beer being allowed in clubhouses on the road. They even put together an audio piece ripping on how all he had was a personal attack against Kirk during their twitter war and on Comcast, and how Minihane was just calling him out for not being informed. Said how everyone in the media thinks he's a hot head and can't take any criticisms. Pretty funny, IMO, even if it was obviously agenda driven.

LSCII is offline  
Old
08-14-2012, 08:35 AM
  #636
Donnie Shulzhoffer
Rocket Surgery
 
Donnie Shulzhoffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Foxboro, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,595
vCash: 500
Haggs blasted Minihan on SportsNet for his article on Tim Tomas and said he can't talk Bruins because he hasn't been in the locker room. Minihan through back at him that Haggs has not been in the Celtics locker room but he was talking Celtics earlier in the show. Felger was also taking shots at the article until Minihan got him to admit that he hadn't even read it.

Sounds like Haggs wrote his article about Lackey with some wrong facts and then updated same article 8 hours later and won't admit it.

Didn't Haggs tick off Shawn Thornton this past season for reporting an injury he didn't have and Thornton boycotted him?

Donnie Shulzhoffer is offline  
Old
08-14-2012, 08:36 AM
  #637
Therick67
Registered User
 
Therick67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: South of Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 4,957
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
I was flipping between both stations this am, and man was WEEI killing haggs. It was really funny. They basically called his integrity into question for not owning up to making a mistake about the beer being allowed in clubhouses on the road. They even put together an audio piece ripping on how all he had was a personal attack against Kirk during their twitter war and on Comcast, and how Minihane was just calling him out for not being informed. Said how everyone in the media thinks he's a hot head and can't take any criticisms. Pretty funny, IMO, even if it was obviously agenda driven.
I looked back and when Bobby V banned beer it said nothing about home or road, just the Red Sox clubhouse. Was this just a word game, or did Bobby V change the policy?

Therick67 is offline  
Old
08-14-2012, 08:58 AM
  #638
LSCII
Dark Cloud
 
LSCII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Central MA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,147
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Therick67 View Post
I looked back and when Bobby V banned beer it said nothing about home or road, just the Red Sox clubhouse. Was this just a word game, or did Bobby V change the policy?
He banned it only in the Red Sox clubhouse. I believe visiting clubhouses fall under the policy of the host team. The articles about Bobby V banning beer in the clubhouse say something to the effect of also curbing beer on the tail end of road trips, which to me indicates that it was going to allowed early on during those trips.

LSCII is offline  
Old
08-14-2012, 09:09 AM
  #639
Therick67
Registered User
 
Therick67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: South of Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 4,957
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
He banned it only in the Red Sox clubhouse. I believe visiting clubhouses fall under the policy of the host team. The articles about Bobby V banning beer in the clubhouse say something to the effect of also curbing beer on the tail end of road trips, which to me indicates that it was going to allowed early on during those trips.
I guess the clubhouse on the road isn't the Red Sox clubhouse. The only other thing I read is it was banned on flights home to Boston.

At the end of the day I'm not sure how big a deal it is (the drinking) but you'd think after last season and this crappy season, they could control themselves to some degree.

Therick67 is offline  
Old
08-14-2012, 09:30 AM
  #640
Dr Quincy
Registered User
 
Dr Quincy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 16,888
vCash: 500
T&R spend a riveting 30 minutes on whether or not Russell Brand has an attractive face. Great radio.

Dr Quincy is offline  
Old
08-14-2012, 09:33 AM
  #641
LSCII
Dark Cloud
 
LSCII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Central MA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,147
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Therick67 View Post
I guess the clubhouse on the road isn't the Red Sox clubhouse. The only other thing I read is it was banned on flights home to Boston.

At the end of the day I'm not sure how big a deal it is (the drinking) but you'd think after last season and this crappy season, they could control themselves to some degree.
At the end of the day, banning booze or not banning booze isn't the issue. The problem is that the players have zero accountability. Blocking them from having beer on a flight or in the locker room puts the blame on the alcohol instead of the players. It's not the beer's fault that Beckett drinks too much and eats too much fried chicken, and is out of shape because of his choices. It's not the beer's fault that too many guys are just playing out the string and not really trying to get better. Instead of shaking up the team and holding guys accountable for their actions though, the FO and ownership group are throwing them yacht parties and giving them custom headphones. They're enabling this nonsensical behavior by allowing it. Banning beer doesn't solve that problem. Banning beer also doesn't fix the issue that the FO overpaid for guys in free agency, and gave high dollar extension to the wrong type of players.

LSCII is offline  
Old
08-14-2012, 09:35 AM
  #642
Hnidy Hnight
Registered User
 
Hnidy Hnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: North of Boston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,317
vCash: 500
Minihane also blasted Jack Edwards in 2011 playoffs. The guy comes off as a jerk, but I find him entertaining to listen to. Not the same bland tip toeing, and not affraid to get into confrontations. A poormans Felger for now, but rising.

Hnidy Hnight is offline  
Old
08-14-2012, 09:35 AM
  #643
LSCII
Dark Cloud
 
LSCII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Central MA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,147
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
T&R spend a riveting 30 minutes on whether or not Russell Brand has an attractive face. Great radio.
That's about when I switched. They went from a good interview with Andy Hart to that crap. Click.

LSCII is offline  
Old
08-14-2012, 09:38 AM
  #644
XtremeofParanoia
Registered User
 
XtremeofParanoia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: MA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
T&R spend a riveting 30 minutes on whether or not Russell Brand has an attractive face. Great radio.
Beats the hell out of, "Man, the Red Sox really suck right now, huh?"

XtremeofParanoia is offline  
Old
08-14-2012, 09:44 AM
  #645
Donnie Shulzhoffer
Rocket Surgery
 
Donnie Shulzhoffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Foxboro, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,595
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeofParanoia View Post
Beats the hell out of, "Man, the Red Sox really suck right now, huh?"
No it doesn't.

There is also the Patriots and upcoming Bruins camp. Last I checked this is a sports radio station.

Either way that is why I don't listen to them. If I wanted a morning zoo show I will tune into one.

Donnie Shulzhoffer is offline  
Old
08-14-2012, 09:59 AM
  #646
XtremeofParanoia
Registered User
 
XtremeofParanoia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: MA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie Shulzhoffer View Post
No it doesn't.

There is also the Patriots and upcoming Bruins camp. Last I checked this is a sports radio station.

Either way that is why I don't listen to them. If I wanted a morning zoo show I will tune into one.
It's a sports radio station during the slowest time of the year to do sports radio, particularly when nobody in town cares about the only team currently playing.

This is just my opinion, but I don't have any interest in hearing hype for a Patriots pre-season game that is still a week away, nor do I care how the team looked during running drills at practice. You want them to talk about the Bruins training camp that won't start for over a month? "Yeah, that Hamilton kid should be pretty good."

There's only so many ways you can break down the same sports story, with the same sports people, with no sports of interest going on. Yeah, it's sports radio, but good god is it tedious to listen to when nothing of interest is happening.

XtremeofParanoia is offline  
Old
08-14-2012, 09:59 AM
  #647
Roll 4 Lines
Pastafarian!
 
Roll 4 Lines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Bear Country
Country: United States
Posts: 6,194
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
T&R spend a riveting 30 minutes on whether or not Russell Brand has an attractive face. Great radio.
I had to Google Russell Brand to find out who the heck you guys are talking about!

Roll 4 Lines is offline  
Old
08-14-2012, 10:05 AM
  #648
Dr Quincy
Registered User
 
Dr Quincy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 16,888
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeofParanoia View Post
Beats the hell out of, "Man, the Red Sox really suck right now, huh?"
So where do you come down on the "Is Russell Brand attractive?" debate?

Dr Quincy is offline  
Old
08-14-2012, 10:06 AM
  #649
LSCII
Dark Cloud
 
LSCII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Central MA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,147
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
So where do you come down on the "Is Russell Brand attractive?" debate?
He just went from 6 to midnight...

LSCII is offline  
Old
08-14-2012, 10:31 AM
  #650
Donnie Shulzhoffer
Rocket Surgery
 
Donnie Shulzhoffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Foxboro, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,595
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeofParanoia View Post
It's a sports radio station during the slowest time of the year to do sports radio, particularly when nobody in town cares about the only team currently playing.

This is just my opinion, but I don't have any interest in hearing hype for a Patriots pre-season game that is still a week away, nor do I care how the team looked during running drills at practice. You want them to talk about the Bruins training camp that won't start for over a month? "Yeah, that Hamilton kid should be pretty good."

There's only so many ways you can break down the same sports story, with the same sports people, with no sports of interest going on. Yeah, it's sports radio, but good god is it tedious to listen to when nothing of interest is happening.
Enjoy your Russel Brand talk then.

Donnie Shulzhoffer is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:43 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.