HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Mr. Silfverberg

Old
08-12-2012, 05:37 PM
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus

vCash: 500
if your expecting the guy to come in and be a top line guy immediately, i think you need to temper your expectations HARD. he guy's gotta get used to playing 82 games on North American ice before we can say that he'll explode and have the success he had in the SEL. in saying that i need to let everyone know i've never seen the guy play, nor seen an SEL game but the guy has alot of growing off-ice to deal with, let alone on-ice growth so give him some time to become the player everyone hopes he can be.

Zubrus Coffee Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 05:55 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

vCash: 50
as a rookie? 40pts max.

i see him slotting in on the second line right now (Silfverberg-Turris-Alfie), and probably second unit PP.

If he cant keep up physically either gui or greening (whichever starts on the third line) will take his ES spot though.

08-12-2012, 06:10 PM
Sureves

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
as a rookie? 40pts max.

i see him slotting in on the second line right now (Silfverberg-Turris-Alfie), and probably second unit PP.

If he cant keep up physically either gui or greening (whichever starts on the third line) will take his ES spot though.
Certainly possible, the thing is you'd imagine given their skillsets Spezza and Silfverberg would go together like lamb and tunafish, but it's certainly possible Silfverberg just isn't ready for top line duties.

Sureves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 07:10 PM
Skinnyjimmy08

hmmm what about his potential point total in like 3 years from now?

Skinnyjimmy08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 07:13 PM
jbeck5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sureves View Post
Silfverberg Spezza Michalek
Latendresse Turris Alfredsson
Greening Regin Condra
Daugavins Smith Neil

Who is Zibanejad moving out of here exactly?
Daugavins out, obrien in. daug in press box.

At one point...condra traded for a late pick, zibanejad in.

Atleast that's what i would do.

jbeck5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 08:43 PM
Micklebot

Quote:
Greening Regin Condra
Daugavins Smith Neil

Probably Regin after one of his arms falls out it's socket again, but my dark-horse is Latendresse after a bout of intense post concussion vertigo.

Micklebot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 09:51 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aznguy View Post
To be honest I completly regret drafting zibanejad, we shouldve grabbed hamilton or coutourier
Usually the only real regrets worth talking about in drafting is when you get a guy that sucks compared to the other guys. This very likely won't be the case.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 10:54 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinnyjimmy08 View Post
He could be on the top line producing 60-70 points. He is a very mature player who has no real flaws and is dominant on both ends of the ice with an absolutely lethal shot. I expect him to challenge for the Calder next year.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 02:08 AM
danishh
Dat Stache

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micklebot View Post
Probably Regin after one of his arms falls out it's socket again, but my dark-horse is Latendresse after a bout of intense post concussion vertigo.
someone's going to get injured. Whether it's one of the injury-prone guys (spezza-alfie-michalek-lats-regin) or someone else. We're going to use at least 15 forwards this year, and zibanejad will be one of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinnyjimmy08 View Post
potential? 80-90 pts. He has the shot, the brains, and the tools. I wouldnt bet on it though, 60pt 2nd liner is a safer bet. Actually, looking at the odds, back to the SEL is a safer bet, but i have a higher opinion of Silfverberg than that.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 12:58 PM
Minister of Offence

His potential is a winger that can handle the puck, protect the puck, and most notably shoot the puck among the best in the league. Not afraid to drive the net and play around there as well.

He's got a chance to crack 30 goals a couple times in his career in my mind. I wouldn't put a firm cap on that 30 goal potential either....but I'm not gonna start tossing out superstar numbers, that'd be lots of gravy. To me his goal scoring potential outlook is something like Alfie's...I just can't bank on Silfverberg ever playing on a line as dominant as Alfie did through his prime.

Old
08-13-2012, 03:50 PM
RomersWorld*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marklar View Post
to be fair Silfverberg has accomplished way way mor than Kruger ever did. Better player. That being said, yes the hype is a bit much and a 35-40 point season would be fine for a rookie like him.
To be fair, Kruger was in the NHL this year while Silfverberg was accomplishing way more in the SEL. Kruger is like 5 months older(and an 08 eligible), but they are both 1990 born.

Kruger
2009-10: 38 games, 11 goals, 20 assists, 31 points, +16
2010-11: 52 games, 6 goals, 29 assists, 35 points, +12

Silfverberg
2009-10: 48 games, 8 goals, 8 assists, 16 points, +6
2010-11: 53 games, 18 goals, 16 assists, 34 points, -12

So if Kruger was still in the SEL last year instead of the NHL then he might be just as "accomplished" as Silfverberg. They are closer than you're making it seem especially since Kruger plays a more important position. Silfverberg is definitely the better goalscorer though. Kruger shouldn't be underestimated though.

RomersWorld* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 07:39 PM
jbeck5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tairy Greene View Post
if your expecting the guy to come in and be a top line guy immediately, i think you need to temper your expectations HARD. he guy's gotta get used to playing 82 games on North American ice before we can say that he'll explode and have the success he had in the SEL. in saying that i need to let everyone know i've never seen the guy play, nor seen an SEL game but the guy has alot of growing off-ice to deal with, let alone on-ice growth so give him some time to become the player everyone hopes he can be.
Are you french? Totally off topic haha cuz i'm bilingual(raised french) and notice french people say "hard" and english people say "big time".

Just curious and want to see how accurate i am. lol

jbeck5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 08:16 AM
Andre Benoit Bawls
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marklar View Post
to be fair Silfverberg has accomplished way way mor than Kruger ever did. Better player. That being said, yes the hype is a bit much and a 35-40 point season would be fine for a rookie like him.
35-40 would be awesome. Means he probably hits 15 goals. 35-40 pts means he outperforms Greening last year and does a lot to replace Foligno's production. Anything beyond that is gravy.
I also think he could excel in a 3rd line role. I'd love to see a Silfverberg-Regin-Zibanejad /Neil line.
How's Silf's PKing? If he's solid I'd like to see him replace Condra in the Smith tandem, that alone will probably net him a couple shorties.

Andre Benoit Bawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 09:39 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by The OttoMan Lion View Post
35-40 would be awesome. Means he probably hits 15 goals. 35-40 pts means he outperforms Greening last year and does a lot to replace Foligno's production. Anything beyond that is gravy.
I also think he could excel in a 3rd line role. I'd love to see a Silfverberg-Regin-Zibanejad /Neil line.
How's Silf's PKing? If he's solid I'd like to see him replace Condra in the Smith tandem, that alone will probably net him a couple shorties.
Pretty sure he was known to be a very dependable PKer in Sweden. But not sure if he was actually killing penalties after he emerged as a star in that league.

I think he could do 15 goals. Most people weren't impressed (nor disappointed) with his first couple games....but there were times where it looked like he was quite ready for show time. Regular season hockey is SLOWWWWW compared to the playoffs....Silf will probably get a lot of action on scoring lines because that's the way the org envisions him...and he's not so much a young kid they need to shield.

I don't think it takes much for Silf to get into a spot where he can let the shot go...and if he gets those opportunities he's gonna score goals off the shot. And he doesn't mind the garbage either.

I think in 4-5 years we could see Mark Stone emerge as the best forward of the trio, I just think he's got the most varied arsenal of production skills, and may be the smartest of the three. But right now Silfverberg's well ahead of the other two and projects to be a very good player in his own right.

Old
08-14-2012, 10:26 AM
Exalted User

Many wierd predictions in this thread.

From the offensive blueline and in he is a very dangerous player capable of both setting up goals and scoring them with his hard deceptive shot, and basically from any angle. He works hard along the boards and occumulates most of hiss assists in these situations when he gets the puck loose and passes to a defenceman on the blueline or a forward in the slot that lets it rip. On the other side of the rink he is a hard worker and a dependable, while not selke caliber, defensive player. He even blocks the odd shot and throws a hit now and then.

However he is not and probably never will be a puck carrying player. He relies on his situational awareness a lot to position him self in the right place and i think he will be reliant on a good playmaking center to become really succesfull. Last year he had Järnkrok and hopefully this year he is going to get some time with Spezza.

Most of you are fooling your selves if you think he is going to light the world on fire in his first year. 15G 30P with a nice +/- is my "perfect scenario" prediction for his rookie year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomersWorld
So if Kruger was still in the SEL last year instead of the NHL then he might be just as "accomplished" as Silfverberg. They are closer than you're making it seem especially since Kruger plays a more important position. Silfverberg is definitely the better goalscorer though. Kruger shouldn't be underestimated though.
No, he most certainly would not be.

Last edited by 1912: 08-14-2012 at 10:33 AM.
1912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 03:51 PM
Karlstrobe
Lazer Lazar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstroms pads View Post
Many wierd predictions in this thread.

From the offensive blueline and in he is a very dangerous player capable of both setting up goals and scoring them with his hard deceptive shot, and basically from any angle. He works hard along the boards and occumulates most of hiss assists in these situations when he gets the puck loose and passes to a defenceman on the blueline or a forward in the slot that lets it rip. On the other side of the rink he is a hard worker and a dependable, while not selke caliber, defensive player. He even blocks the odd shot and throws a hit now and then.

However he is not and probably never will be a puck carrying player. He relies on his situational awareness a lot to position him self in the right place and i think he will be reliant on a good playmaking center to become really succesfull. Last year he had Järnkrok and hopefully this year he is going to get some time with Spezza.

Most of you are fooling your selves if you think he is going to light the world on fire in his first year. 15G 30P with a nice +/- is my "perfect scenario" prediction for his rookie year.

No, he most certainly would not be.
Sounds about right, I could see a 17G 21A for 38 Points in 73 games this year as his best outcome. I could see him drifting in the slot, while Turris drives the net and Alfy looks to shoot or set up Silf. Imo he is better suited for 2nd line duties with Alfy and Turris unless he shows instant chemistry with Spezza and then will play more shelttered 1st line minutes ala Greening.

First line, if healthy could be Lats, Spezza, Michalek. Injury prone yes, but deadly IF healthy.

Karlstrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 09:49 PM
Stick To Your Guns

18 points in 22 ahl games so far. Started off slow but has been picking it up. This kid is dynamite lately.

Stick To Your Guns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 07:24 AM
topshelf15

Plays a consistant two way game,kid is a cant miss for our top 6 .

topshelf15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 08:45 AM
djf

I think he'll challenge for the Calder. As for the future, nothing is certain of course, but I woud not be surprised to see him turn into a star. He sure does have the potential and the tools, rarely seen an SEL-player be able to protect the puck like him. He was purely dominating the SEL last play-offs (While knocking out my team in the process....).

djf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 09:03 AM
Minister of Offence

High end 2nd line production with coaches pet like qualities, PK, puck management, effort, decision making. A Jere Lehtinen without the collection of Selkes. Don't know that he's a legit 1st liner in the making, but he could probably play his two-way style effectively from the 1st line.

Pretty night and day right now compared to his first month in the AHL. You could see he wasn't used to the small confinements of North American ice, but smart players adapt...and it happened pretty quickly for this one.

Only think he may challenge for Calder because he is a 22 year old rookie and has a mature enough game to be rewarded with ice-time. The coach will like him. Then again, I see I could see a guy like Yakupov run away with it.

Old
12-16-2012, 11:34 AM
General Granny*

Kind of surpassed my expectations on how fast he would adapt to the small ice surface, thought it would take him at least mid way through the season to put up some points, but the past month or so he has been over PPG.

General Granny* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 12:18 PM
Auzzie19

Quote:
Greening Regin Condra
Daugavins Smith Neil

Same problem Kadri had with the Leafs, no room to play. Let Zibanejad develop in AHL (no harm in that). Bring him up next year after Alfredsson retires.

Auzzie19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 09:58 PM
Stick To Your Guns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auzzie19 View Post
Same problem Kadri had with the Leafs, no room to play. Let Zibanejad develop in AHL (no harm in that). Bring him up next year after Alfredsson retires.
I have no problem letting Mika devlop, but Silfverberg is proving he can play on small rinks. This lockout is a blessing in disguise for Silfverberg, he's developing a good game that will translate to the NHL.

Old
12-17-2012, 06:42 AM
JAS 39 Gripen

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomersWorld View Post
To be fair, Kruger was in the NHL this year while Silfverberg was accomplishing way more in the SEL. Kruger is like 5 months older(and an 08 eligible), but they are both 1990 born.

Kruger
2009-10: 38 games, 11 goals, 20 assists, 31 points, +16
2010-11: 52 games, 6 goals, 29 assists, 35 points, +12

Silfverberg
2009-10: 48 games, 8 goals, 8 assists, 16 points, +6
2010-11: 53 games, 18 goals, 16 assists, 34 points, -12

Youre so wrong it hurts. Kruger is nothling like Silfverberg. Stop looking at your stats, ffs

JAS 39 Gripen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 05:38 AM
Stick To Your Guns