HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Toronto-colorado

Closed Thread

Old
08-14-2012, 10:41 AM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ColePens
This is a simple case of.... Colorado just wants to keep their guy. I don't see anything wrong with it. This is like the Jordan Staal proposals of years past. It is okay that Colorado wants to keep him. Unless you have an absurd overpayment, don't even try.

Old
08-14-2012, 10:45 AM
birddog*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
Stastny isn't soft. Where on earth did you get that idea?
He's not physical. Threw only 40 hits last year. Not what the Leafs need.

Old
08-14-2012, 10:48 AM
birddog*

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWantSakicAsMyGM View Post
Someone wake me up when a "significant package" is offered for Stastny.

And, guys who are passers generally need someone on the other end who is capable of a) accepting the pass, and b) putting the puck in the net. By your logic, the Sharks should be able to put Daniel Winnik (if he had resigned) and TJ Galiardi on Joe Thornton's wings and he shouldn't have any decrease in point production, right?
Someone wake me up when Stastny earns his 6.6 million and gets more than 50 points a year and throw more than 40 hits. OVER-FREAKING-RATED.

Old
08-14-2012, 10:53 AM
Muffin
Avalanche Flavoured

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog View Post
Someone wake me up when Stastny earns his 6.6 million and gets more than 50 points a year and throw more than 40 hits. OVER-FREAKING-RATED.
But yet Leafs fans can't go 2 days without making a proposal for him

Old
08-14-2012, 10:56 AM
Freudian
luck paper scissors

vCash: 50
Quote:
He's not physical. Threw only 40 hits last year. Not what the Leafs need.
He is very sturdy, strong along the boards and isn't afraid to take a hit to make a play. He is far from soft.

If you want to say he doesn't throw a lot of hits, say he doesn't throw a lot of hits. Don't start imagining things about his play from reading one figure in the stat sheet.

Old
08-14-2012, 11:15 AM
Liferleafer
Golf....again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviking View Post
at least 3 a week is the minimum from toronto fans
Note the poster's name....Flamesarmstrong doesn't exactly scream Leafs fan does it?

Old
08-14-2012, 11:25 AM
jmart21
MISC!!!

There's an ignore button folks!

Don't like it? - don't read it. Certainly don't keep piston to keep the thread burning.

Old
08-14-2012, 11:26 AM
electricjib

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoytoSakic View Post
We'll still have to give up Stastny in exchange for Bozak and a 2nd
Exactly.

Leafs fans own this board no matter what. There literally should be a rule now that there are no more Tor-Col threads unless something goes down its such a waste.

Its the same nonsense, we want your guy, but he sucks so we don't want to pay for him, so he should be free because we are all that is hockey, we are God of hockey, everyone wants to play here...so on so forth...Komisarek will get us a 1st and Crosby...

I'm not sure why the Jones for Kessel one was deleted...its just TML fans getting the benefit of the doubt...like always.

Old
08-14-2012, 11:35 AM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Folks... focus on the thread topic. If you do not wish to participate in the thread, then simply leave. No warnings from here on out.

Old
08-14-2012, 11:39 AM
jmart21
MISC!!!

Edit: just notice mod warning. So here's some on optic stuff: col isn't trading statsny for stuff that doesn't help. Woul we trade gardiner for a scoring winger? Likely not.

Last edited by piqued: 08-14-2012 at 12:13 PM. Reason: qdp
Old
08-14-2012, 11:42 AM
jmart21
MISC!!!

Colorado isn't interested in trading stastny, leaf fans are interested in giving up much. Case closed.

Last edited by piqued: 08-14-2012 at 12:14 PM. Reason: qdp
Old
08-14-2012, 11:47 AM
electricjib

You wouldn't trade Gardiner for a scoring winger as we likely wouldn't pull that trade off either. The only real swap I see between the teams would be a Kessel for Stastny trade, thats my thought on it though, obviously the Avs would add a tiny bit, but fan bases wouldn't agree on that. I would because we have Centers, not as proven as I'd like but Kessel would give us something we need greatly...a actual Goal Scoring winger.

Last edited by piqued: 08-14-2012 at 12:09 PM. Reason: qdp
Old
08-14-2012, 11:50 AM
jmart21
MISC!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricjib View Post
You wouldn't trade Gardiner for a scoring winger as we likely wouldn't pull that trade off either. The only real swap I see between the teams would be a Kessel for Stastny trade, thats my thought on it though, obviously the Avs would add a tiny bit, but fan bases wouldn't agree on that. I would because we have Centers, not as proven as I'd like but Kessel would give us something we need greatly...a actual Goal Scoring winger.
I am not commenting on anything that doesn't have to do with the trade propsal.

And as you have agreed with me, the team's needs don't align well enough for a deal .

Last edited by piqued: 08-14-2012 at 12:10 PM. Reason: qep
Old
08-14-2012, 11:53 AM
Hans Landaskog

The problem I have with these proposals isn't really Bozak, it's that most of the players involved wouldn't even play on our top 9, so in reality all we would be doing is replacing our #1/2 C for a #3C.

Last edited by ThirdManIn: 08-14-2012 at 12:46 PM. Reason: ot
Old
08-14-2012, 12:21 PM
Grant
LL Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drij View Post
I don't know, Armstrong did play for the leafs, maybe he is flaming Armstrong...
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...=#post52698653

Post where Flamearmstrong says 'I'm a flames fan...'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Landaskog View Post
It's because of one recently made, now a bunch of non-leaf ones were created just to spite us. =p

Regardless the problem I have with these proposals isn't really Bozak, it's that most of the players involved wouldn't even play on our top 9, so in reality all we would be doing is replacing our #1/2 C for a #3C.
I see why Avs and pretty much all teams don't want Bozak but I feel he really doesn't get enough credit since we always throw him in proposals haha. He I think is like Gagner in a way that he isn't good enough to be a #1 center, isn't defensive enough to be wanted by fans as a #2 center and isn't hard hitting enough for fans to want him as a #3 center. Gagner and Bozak I think are capable of playing in all 3 center spots, but don't excel at any one of them. And since on HF teams only every want to trade their players if it's for an upgrade, nobody ever wants Bozak or Gagner.

People thinking Bozak + 2nd will get Statsny are dreaming, in fact I don't think it is even offered anymore, just that one short video of family feud is keeping that offer around and making people think it is a common thing. This offer for Statsny to be honest is probably one of the better offers out there value wise, but it still does nothing to help the Avs. Bozak is great depth and good for filling in when there is an injury, Percy is a prospect at this point, nothing more, Franson is nothing special, because he is young people are still holding out hope but to me he seems like someone who will end up jumping form team to team all the time since nobody really wants him, he will end up having a career, but it will be as a stop gap, he will be the guy a team signs/trades for to fill in on their bottom pairing until they get a prospect developed who can fill the role better. And then that pick will be in the 15-34 range, nothing to get excited over since if the player ever develops, it will be in 3+ years. Better than offers like Bozak + MacArthur + prospect + 2nd, but still does nothing to help the Avs. In a year or two I can see Phaneuf maybe being expendable for Statsny but even then still the Avs would have to think Phaneuf can play well with Johnson on the top pairing. That could maybe be a hockey trade to look out for in the future, but right now isn't good for Toronto since they need Phaneuf, badly, or the Avs since we are not yet sure how well Phaneuf will play on the left side. Something around Gardiner for Statsny could maybe work out, but not until Gardiner proves himself more.

For the time being none of the Statsny to Toronto proposals will ever remotely make since for the Avs and my advice would be to simply not show up to the threads. Half of these threads it seems like aren't even created by 100% leaf fans and not saying this one is, but others in the past seem to be created just to get 2 fan bases bashing each other.

Old
08-14-2012, 12:23 PM
Spitsfan67*

Would HAVE to have a promising young forward coming back like a Biggs,Kadri,Colbourne

Old
08-14-2012, 12:34 PM
csanadi19

Theres a couple things fan of other teams need to realize. Most avs fan still see Stastny as our 1st line centre, and even if he's considered a 3rd line centre one our team that seems to be our team philosophy of having 3 solid scoring lines who can all play even minutes. If Colorado would be to trade Stastny we either need an a top pairing defenseman (#1 need IMO), or package Stastny for a elite winger and a 3rd line centre, regardless of what he's worth thats the team needs, depth is already taken care of. We may take a prospect for stastny, but as the teams trying to go forward its would need to be a prospect that we feel will be better then Stastny in 2-3 years

Last edited by csanadi19: 08-14-2012 at 12:42 PM.
Old
08-14-2012, 12:38 PM
Vankiller Whale
Win it for AV

vCash: 5100
Quote:
Originally Posted by csanadi19 View Post
Theres a couple things fan of other teams need to realize. Most avs fan still see Stastny as our 1st line centre, and even if he's considered a 3rd line centre one our team that seems to be our team philosophy of having 3 solid scoring lines who can all play even minutes. If Colorado would be to trade Stastny we either need an a top pairing defenseman (#1 need IMO), or package Stastny for a elite winger and a 3rd line centre, regardless of what he's worth thats the team need depth is already taken care of. We may take prospect for stastny, but as the teams trying to go forward its would need to be a prospect that we feel will be better then Stastny in 2-3 years
So reading between the lines, either Phaneuf or Lupul+Bozak?

Old
08-14-2012, 12:49 PM
Gigantor The Goalie
Screw Everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
No to Phaneuf and no to Lupul+Bozak

Old
08-14-2012, 12:51 PM
csanadi19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Haha technically thats what i said, but as a colorado fan there isnt many assets the leafs have to offer at the price of Stastny. IMO Phaneuf and EJ would not be a good d pairing at all, EJ should be paired with a more responsible defenseman, and Phaneuf is about the most reckless d-man in the league. As for a winger we need a goal scoring winger which Lupul i've always seen more as a playmaker (correct me if im wrong), and I'd prefer a more proven winger (if the avalanche wont receive one for Stastny the answers simple, we'll keep him)

Old
08-14-2012, 01:30 PM
Ceremony
Why Not Us?

vCash: 0
Quote:
Well, why do so many Leafs fans want him then?

Old
08-14-2012, 01:51 PM
Avs44

vCash: 3319
Quote:
Thank you....now please tell the rest of your fanbase this.

Old
08-14-2012, 01:56 PM
The Saurus

A 50 point centre earning $6.6 against the cap sure is worth a pretty penny, eh? Who would have thought that a massively overpaid (and overrated) player could command such a large return in a trade.

Old
08-14-2012, 01:59 PM
Avs44

vCash: 3319
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saurus View Post
A 50 point centre earning $6.6 against the cap sure is worth a pretty penny, eh? Who would have thought that a massively overpaid (and overrated) player could command such a large return in a trade.
Your 100% right. We will just keep our 50 point massively overpaid center then. Thanks.

Old
08-14-2012, 02:04 PM
csanadi19

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saurus View Post
Who knew that you didnt need to give up anything to acquire a teams #1 centre

Closed Thread