HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 Lockout Discussion Thread

Closed Thread

Old
08-14-2012, 10:42 AM
Blueshirt Believer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jskramer83 View Post
I can't believe we are actually talking lock-out, as a fan I am getting sick of this.

As fans we should picket outside of the NHL Shop in times square, and lock out people from giving the NHL anymore money. At least just to get across how frustrated us fans are.
Yeah ok.

You going to do that before or after you buy your Rick Nash Ranger jersey?

Old
08-14-2012, 10:46 AM
Crease

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
Personally, I think Fehr wants to pressure the NHL in allowing the current CBA to continue for one more year. So he can negotiate during the season. He might be playing "chicken" in that regard.
The NHLPA gains leverage at the table under this scenario because they can potentially strike. The owners know this. I'd be very surprised if they accept a 1 year extension.

Old
08-14-2012, 10:49 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

SMART management wins in any system. You can have all of the money in the world but if make bad decisions,you're not going to win. The NHL needs more revenue sharing. The big markets such as Philly,Boston and Toronto need to share their wealth. The NHL has revenue sharing. Its hasn't made some of those teams smarter.

Old
08-14-2012, 10:59 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger de FLA View Post
Sucks we gotta talk about this crap.
After last time, I'm hesitant to bother filling my head with the details of negotiations.

Old
08-14-2012, 11:06 AM
jskramer83

Quote:
Yeah ok.

You going to do that before or after you buy your Rick Nash Ranger jersey?
More likely going to be doing this while you sit on your computer, and type about how you miss hockey and the players and owners are greedy.

Try standing up for something you care about, and stop getting pushed around. Otherwise you will never have your lunch money. I know it may not be for everybody, but for people who are old enough to have been through all of the lockouts it is frustrating, if you would have no interest in being involved just keep your negativity to yourself.

Last edited by jskramer83: 08-14-2012 at 11:13 AM.
Old
08-14-2012, 11:25 AM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
More likely going to be doing this while you sit on your computer, and type about how you miss hockey and the players and owners are greedy.

Try standing up for something you care about, and stop getting pushed around. Otherwise you will never have your lunch money. I know it may not be for everybody, but for people who are old enough to have been through all of the lockouts it is frustrating, if you would have no interest in being involved just keep your negativity to yourself.
Your never going to do what you say, so why bother spouting fairy tales?

Cause let me tell you, the five people that will protest outside of the NHL store is going to make them rethink their stance?

Come on man.

Now if you want to say you want boycott the league, not spend a dime on attending games(nor merchandise) nor watching NHL games anymore. Fine, do it.

Last edited by Blueshirt Believer: 08-14-2012 at 11:34 AM.
Old
08-14-2012, 11:28 AM
CM PUNK

Quote:
There is another issue with the Luxury Tax. What happens when the big clubs don't want to spend over the limit? Well then you just created a scenario where the small market teams are getting essentially no money. It only works if the big market clubs are overspending their salaries.

Remember, baseball teams(Yankees) can afford significant tax penalties, because of the revenue they generate.
first you know that those teams will spend over the limit...owners can't control themselves, there will be teams receiving the revenue sharing $$ trying to spend over the limit lol

but imo the league will NEVER give away the hardcap, that would mean gary bettman admitting that he was wrong and he trashed an entire season for a system that wasn't needed. not gonna happen...but you might be able to create a hybrid system where there is a soft cap that teams would get charged a luxury tax for going over and then a hard cap that would limit how high you can go over that...

lets say (for argument) that they set the soft cap at $55 mil and the hard cap at $70 mil. the small market teams only get $$ if the big market teams spend between $55-70 mil...but IF those teams don't want to pay the luxury tax and stop spending at $55 mil that makes the 'soft cap' act like a hard cap. the small market teams now have their severally reduced cap which is what they want in the nhl's proposal anyway. so the small market teams either get what they are asking for, or get additional $$ thru the luxury tax.

and right now 20 teams are already over $55 mil and a few others might go over after resigning guys...so you'd pretty much be guaranteed to max out the luxury tax $$ in year 1.

Old
08-14-2012, 11:29 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Even though Bettman probably wants that, I think you mean parity.
You are correct, I've been very tired sorting out work and school the last few days

Old
08-14-2012, 11:30 AM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

Quote:
We are the one who are lost in this get angry people.
bah what are you gonna do about it. The season will start when it will start and that's all there is to that

Old
08-14-2012, 11:38 AM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
first you know that those teams will spend over the limit...owners can't control themselves, there will be teams receiving the revenue sharing $$ trying to spend over the limit lol

but imo the league will NEVER give away the hardcap, that would mean gary bettman admitting that he was wrong and he trashed an entire season for a system that wasn't needed. not gonna happen...but you might be able to create a hybrid system where there is a soft cap that teams would get charged a luxury tax for going over and then a hard cap that would limit how high you can go over that...

lets say (for argument) that they set the soft cap at $55 mil and the hard cap at $70 mil. the small market teams only get $$ if the big market teams spend between $55-70 mil...but IF those teams don't want to pay the luxury tax and stop spending at $55 mil that makes the 'soft cap' act like a hard cap. the small market teams now have their severally reduced cap which is what they want in the nhl's proposal anyway. so the small market teams either get what they are asking for, or get additional $$ thru the luxury tax.

and right now 20 teams are already over $55 mil and a few others might go over after resigning guys...so you'd pretty much be guaranteed to max out the luxury tax $$ in year 1.
It still creates a problem of for the small market teams. They still won't be able to compete with the big markets due to tax penalties. They will never spend over the soft cap. It still doesn't create the parity that those teams want.

But, I will say that is probably the only realistic way you could implement a luxury tax in the NHL.

Old
08-14-2012, 11:39 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
There is another issue with the Luxury Tax. What happens when the big clubs don't want to spend over the limit? Well then you just created a scenario where the small market teams are getting essentially no money. It only works if the big market clubs are overspending their salaries.

Remember, baseball teams(Yankees) can afford significant tax penalties, because of the revenue they generate.
By the same token what if you set the benchmark for the luxury tax at a lower limit? More teams will hit the mark and have to pay the penalties. Also if a team isnt hitting the luxury tax mark then that means they arent buying up the big free agent names come July 1st. Other teams will have an opportunity to add those players.

Old
08-14-2012, 11:41 AM
CM PUNK

it makes things alot more complicated, but if i'm a big $$ team one thing that i want part of revenue sharing is some kind of game plan to use that $$ to increase the revenue of those small market teams.

the ultimate objective of the revenue sharing should be to help the teams receiving it increase their own revenue so they 1)no longer need the welfare handout and 2)contribute more to the pot themselves

how that can be done, i don't know, but if i'm james dolan or ed snider, i'd be alot more on board with paying the $$ as a temporary fix to strengthen the league long term than with the idea of i'm just handing my profits over to someone else year after year

Old
08-14-2012, 11:49 AM
jskramer83

Quote:
Your never going to do what you say, so why bother spouting fairy tales?

Cause let me tell you, the five people that will protest outside of the NHL store is going to make them rethink their stance?

Come on man.

Now if you want to say you want boycott the league, not spend a dime on attending games nor watching NHL games anymore. Fine, do it.
Pretty strong statement here from someone who know's nothing about me. Pretty ignorant one too, being that we have been able to start some pretty successful events, and helpful programs on this board.

See Vinnie Auricchio's Baby shower list after the incident in the winter classic. I just don't understand why you have to give your two cents, since obviously you don't care to do anything which is fine. If your goal is to prove that you are smarter then me, fine you got it so you can stop now. Especially if your not going to add anything except trying to be heard.

Old
08-14-2012, 11:55 AM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Pretty strong statement here from someone who know's nothing about me. Pretty ignorant one too, being that we have been able to start some pretty successful events, and helpful programs on this board.

See Vinnie Auricchio's Baby shower list after the incident in the winter classic. I just don't understand why you have to give your two cents, since obviously you don't care to do anything which is fine. If your goal is to prove that you are smarter then me, fine you got it so you can stop now.
No, but I can tell a guy who likes to grandstand and speak in platitudes. Creating some nice programs on the HFboads is a tad different for organizing a significant protest. Not a handful of vagrants who look like they got lost when they left grand central.

As I said, you want to protest, do it with your dollars. Don't spend a cent on the NHL.

Old
08-14-2012, 11:55 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Traverse City. From: @LightningTimes
Sent: Aug 14, 2012 12:48p

Casualty of labor uncertainty: GM Yzerman said unless CBA deal done quickly, Lightning won't participate in a September prospect tournament.

sent via UberSocial for BlackBerry
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/LightningTimes/st...17621019897857

Old
08-14-2012, 11:56 AM
Traderalways

Prediction for when-----

The season starts... I say opening game for the NHL will be the winter classic on jan 1, 2013.... What do u think??? I'm also guessing something like a 48-52 game season...

Old
08-14-2012, 11:56 AM
jskramer83

Quote:
No, but I can tell a guy who likes to grandstand and speak in platitudes. Creating some nice programs on the HFboads is a tad different for organizing a significant protest. Not a handful of vagrants who look like they got lost when they left grand central.

As I said, you want to protest, do it with your dollars.
When did I say I wanted your help, and in the same light I can tell when someone likes to sit at his computer and point out people's spelling errors, because he feels as if he is smarter then everyone. We are done here, there is really nothing to gain or lose for either of us

Old
08-14-2012, 11:58 AM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
When did I say I wanted your help?
When did I say you did?

Old
08-14-2012, 11:59 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Lundqvist is participating in a Rangers golf event instead being in Toronto. So much for the King being upset with Rangers ownership like that dumb **** from the Dallas board suggested. From: @thenyrangers
Sent: Aug 14, 2012 12:47p

Practice makes perfect for @HLundqvist30 as he hits the range today. http://t.co/De4sS8mv

sent via Twitter for iPhone
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/thenyrangers/stat...17419458424833

Old
08-14-2012, 12:00 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
When did I say I wanted your help, and in the same light I can tell when someone likes to sit at his computer and point out people's spelling errors, because he feels as if he is smarter then everyone. We are done here, there is really nothing to gain or lose for either of us
No I don't, I make plenty of spelling errors. LOL.

Look, I'm not going to create hard feelings about this. Agree to disagree, ok?

Old
08-14-2012, 12:02 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Less than 2 hours. Bettman will talk soon. From: @dshoalts
Sent: Aug 14, 2012 1:01p

Looks like meeting with NHL owners, players did not produce a quick agreement to players' proposal. It's set to break up for the day.

sent via Twitter for BlackBerry®
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/dshoalts/status/235420771298721793

Old
08-14-2012, 12:05 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Some of the Rangers are already in town. From: @RMcDonagh27
Sent: Aug 14, 2012 1:03p

Felt good shooting on @HLundqvist30 today. Said he's lost some sleep since becoming a father but he hasn't lost his game on the ice. #Henrry

sent via Twitter for iPhone
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/RMcDonagh27/statu...21294408130561

Old
08-14-2012, 12:06 PM
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94

right on time! bet on it

Old
08-14-2012, 12:08 PM
jskramer83

Quote:
No I don't, I make plenty of spelling errors. LOL.

Look, I'm not going to create hard feelings about this. Agree to disagree, ok?
No problem really have no ill will towards you. I would of had no problem if you just called my idea stupid, but the bellow comments are insults attacking me personally by calling my a hypocrite or lazy, and not debating the idea you don't like.

"Yeah ok.

You going to do that before or after you buy your Rick Nash Ranger jersey?"

or

"Your never going to do what you say, so why bother spouting fairy tales?"

Old
08-14-2012, 12:09 PM
PassShootScore
208 Row 18

thanksgiving weekend

Closed Thread