HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Marcel Goc to Buffalo

Old
08-14-2012, 11:45 AM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
Marcel Goc to Buffalo

Goc is someone I've liked for a long time and the Sabres need a bottom-six center. Is there any deal to be made for him? Panthers fans, what would you be looking for in return for Goc? Is he even someone you'd be willing to trade? He could be worth more to Florida than he is to any other team considering their weakness at center aside from Weiss (with uncertainties about Huberdeau making the team and playing center if he does make it). I've been trying to think of some sort of a proposal, but I've got nothing so I want some help.

Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 11:48 AM
ShootIt

I can't see him being moved right now.

His salary is nice, plays a nice 2 way game, best defensive center etc...

It would have to be for another center, maybe a younger one.

Who do you got?

ShootIt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 11:53 AM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootIt View Post

Who do you got?
No centers to spare in Buffalo. So probably no deal to be made from Florida's perspective.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 12:02 PM
bullseyed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootIt View Post

Who do you got?
Luke Adam.

bullseyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 12:21 PM
Spitsfan67*

To Sabres:Goc

To Panthers:foligno
5th 2013

Spitsfan67* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 12:29 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Obviously not untouchable, but I can't see him bein moved. There's no reason to, and as Shootit said we're short on centers. He also mentioned his positives, he's just a great 3rd line center, who will do a well enough job if needed to step into the second line center role.

08-14-2012, 01:35 PM
bullseyed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post

5th 2013
Buffalo fans say hell no.

bullseyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 01:40 PM
Djp

Quote:

To Panthers:foligno.

5th 2013

Yeah nd I have a piece of swampland to sell you....

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 01:49 PM
Timbo Slice
Tank Nation

Quote:

5th 2013
Yuck. Yuck. Yuck. Ew.

Anyway, Luke Adam + 3rd round pick for Goc?

Timbo Slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 01:58 PM
Boose30

meh not worth it to make a trade for a bum bottom 6 player, just sign a free agent and keep our assets

Boose30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 01:58 PM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo Slice View Post
Yuck. Yuck. Yuck. Ew.

Ok so you're the 2nd person here to suggest Luke Adam. I remember he started out really hot last yr and then disappeared. Whats his story exactly? What is he projected to be?

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 02:02 PM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo Slice View Post
Yuck. Yuck. Yuck. Ew.

Lol your saying that to my proposal then you offer this hahaha...Luke Adam is better then foligno

Spitsfan67* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 02:11 PM
Homegrown Kings
ft. Philly & Lumbus

I've asked this in another thread but never saw if it got a reply.

Why does Buffalo need more C? What do they currently look like at C right now.

I know it's too early for Grig/Girg to be expected to crack the roster, but one of them might be able to get at least 9 games.

Hodgson seems ready for a full time top-6 job. Is Gerbe capable of top-6?

Ott, McCormick, and Porter will fill out the bottom-6 roles.

Not much depth I suppose. Looking at it now I can see the need for a temporary fill while the youth develops. Is Hecht definitely not returning?

Homegrown Kings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 02:20 PM
Zip15

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan Of Every Anton View Post

I know it's too early for Grig/Girg to be expected to crack the roster, but one of them might be able to get at least 9 games.

We have a lot of potential at center, but many Sabres fans are justifiably concerned that we're clinging to much potential--as they say, potential gets you fired. Ennis has played <30 games of center in his NHL career. Can Hodgson be counted on to produce like a top-6 center? We'll find out. Regardless, those are the two centers to be counted on for offense.

As far as Grigs and Girgs, most expect Girgensons to start the year in Rochester. Because he was drafted out of the USHL, he is not subject to the 9-games rule. Additionally, many don't want to rush Grigorenko and would prefer for him to go back to Quebec for a year, whether or not he plays the first nine games in Buffalo.

Quote:

Not much depth I suppose. Looking at it now I can see the need for a temporary fill while the youth develops. Is Hecht definitely not returning?
Ott will likely take the faceoffs on one of the top three lines. Many are speculating that he'll take the faceoffs on a line with Leino, and then allow Leino to take the center responsibilities for the remainder of the shift, akin to the setup Ville said he had with Briere in Philly. And, as it stands now, the final center spot is probably up for grabs between McCormick, Ellis, and Porter.

The problem is, a lot could go wrong with our center position. One could argue that we only have one natural center on the club right now (Hodgson), and the rest are converted wingers (Ennis), wingers who happen to be good at faceoffs (Ott), or NHL filler (McCormick, Ellis, Porter).

The center situation in Buffalo looks bright for the future, but this season could be very touch-and-go.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 02:25 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
Ok so you're the 2nd person here to suggest Luke Adam. I remember he started out really hot last yr and then disappeared. Whats his story exactly? What is he projected to be?
Top 6 or bust for Luke. He has a big frame, but he doesn't do much hitting. He's also a bit slow and doesn't have great defensive awareness, but he can put up points. Long-term, his game may be more suited to wing than center. He was the AHL rookie of the year in 10-11, and had a hot start with Vanek and Pommer last year. After about 20 games, it looked like he was in over his head on that line, and so he started sliding down the depth chart. Eventually had another shorter hot streak with Leino and Kassian, before Leino got injured and that line was never to be seen again. Adam eventually started being given less opportunities and ended up being sent back down to the AHL, where he played with no confidence whatsoever. Rolston (Rochester's coach) said he was working hard, but it just wasn't clicking for him.
He looked much better at development camp this summer than he did to end out the season (playing LW with Hodgson and Tropp, I think), but looks like he's caught in a numbers game now with all the other young forwards who are likely to push for roster spots in the next 0-2 years.

TL;DR: Talented kid who went through a rough stretch, might do well with a change of scenery.

Last edited by tsujimoto74: 08-14-2012 at 02:39 PM.
Old
08-14-2012, 02:31 PM
Layne Staley
The Future

Quote:
Lol your saying that to my proposal then you offer this hahaha...Luke Adam is better then foligno
Foligno is much much better then Luke Adam.Foligno is untouchable.He is a future 2 way 60 point banger.He is really physical, shows immense leadership qualities and put up an amazing 13 points in 14 games last season as a 20 year old rookie.Quite simply, Foligno will be a Sabre for a very very long time.Future captain IMO.

Layne Staley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 02:37 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:

Hodgson and Ennis are both 23. Ennis only has about 30 games pro experience as a center, and those are the guys we'll be looking to in top 6 roles this year. Bit of a question mark there as to whether either will be up to it.
Ott is really just a winger who's goof at faceoffs. McCormick has a habit of being injured, but it's fine for 4C I guess. Gerbe is a winger, and he plays with Kaleta, so definitely not in the top 6. If it weren't for Leino, I think he'd get a chance to move up the roster more, but it is what it is.
Hecht's injury problems over the last few years have limited his usefulness, and it does not look like he'll be back.
As for Porter, most view him as an AHL signing.
Beyond that, Grigorenko will be given a long look at training camp, I'm sure, but heading into the year with centers who are 23, 23 and 18 isn't the most comforting idea, if he makes the team. Girgensons looked good at development camp, but it's likely he starts the year in the AHL or WHL.

Old
08-14-2012, 03:07 PM
Homegrown Kings
ft. Philly & Lumbus

Thanks for such detailed answers guys. From what I saw of Hodgson I think you've got a gem but I'm not sure if I would be comfortable with him as the designated 1C at this stage either.

I don't know if Goc is the solution either from what you've said. His numbers are pretty good from last season so he could add some depth to the bottom six but I don't think it solidifies that position.

Langkow is still available, maybe he'd be a good fit?

Homegrown Kings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 04:14 PM
VegasSabreFan

Quote:
Thanks for such detailed answers guys. From what I saw of Hodgson I think you've got a gem but I'm not sure if I would be comfortable with him as the designated 1C at this stage either.

I don't know if Goc is the solution either from what you've said. His numbers are pretty good from last season so he could add some depth to the bottom six but I don't think it solidifies that position.

Langkow is still available, maybe he'd be a good fit?
Ideally we could use a veteran 3rd line center capable of filling in in the top 6 if Ennis or Hodgson have any trouble. Not as familiar with Langkow as I never watch Calgary or Phoenix games, but a quick look at his stats gives me some interest. What's the cost going to be?

I still think signing Arnott is the best option.

VegasSabreFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 04:34 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasSabreFan View Post
Ideally we could use a veteran 3rd line center capable of filling in in the top 6 if Ennis or Hodgson have any trouble. Not as familiar with Langkow as I never watch Calgary or Phoenix games, but a quick look at his stats gives me some interest. What's the cost going to be?

I still think signing Arnott is the best option.
If we sign Arnott, who on our roster is going to take the defensive match-ups? You'd then have 2 lines with youngsters that would likely benefit from getting easier minutes and a guy who's slowed down and was never a good two-way player....And McCormick. We don't have nearly the caliber of offense necessary to just go "**** defense, let's just outscore them".

Old
08-14-2012, 04:42 PM
PanthersHockey1
Avs Bandwagon

The panthers are so low in quantity and quality of centers right now. I hope we draft 10 centers in next year's draft just so we can make some deals.

PanthersHockey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 05:00 PM
Boooooth10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boose30 View Post
meh not worth it to make a trade for a bum bottom 6 player, just sign a free agent and keep our assets
Bum? You clearly don't know who Goc is.

Boooooth10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 05:29 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boooooth10 View Post
Bum? You clearly don't know who Goc is.
Lol, was about to type the same.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 10:48 PM
Djp

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
Girgensons looked good at development camp, but it's likely he starts the year in the AHL or WHL.
Girgenson goes to Rochester. He came out of USHL so no juniors for him.

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 11:08 PM
Zman5778

Send a message via AIM to Zman5778 Send a message via MSN to Zman5778 Send a message via Yahoo to Zman5778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
Girgenson goes to Rochester. He came out of USHL so no juniors for him.
Girgensons can go to Kelowna if he agrees to it/the Sabres tell him to -- they own his rights.

Zman5778 is online now   Reply With Quote