Notices

Moran looked decent tonight

Closed Thread

Old
12-03-2003, 05:59 PM
Jesarino
Verified!

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Jesarino Send a message via MSN to Jesarino Send a message via Yahoo to Jesarino
Moran looked decent tonight

An assist, and some decent defensive plays. Time on the power play also. He even almost put together an end to end rush. Was he our best d-man tonight?

The B's D left Andy hanging a few times tonight, but you've got to give them credit for keeping the puck in the zone in some key situations that led to goals. Is the D starting to turn around with some baby steps? I guess we'll have to wait and see what tomorrow night brings. Any thoughts?

Old
12-03-2003, 06:03 PM
BruinFan42

What I don't understand is that whenever this guy's name comes up in Pittsburgh, people talk of him as if he's the anti-christ. He's had his gaffes this season, but he's been more reliable and consistent than Boynton, Gill and O'Donnell combined.....

The thing with Moran is, he just keeps his game simple. He doesn't really try and go that extra mile for the fancy stuff. I think this is what Boynton is doing that's being his downfall. Boynton's obviously the better player with far more talent, but Nick's trying to do so much every time he touches the puck, such as that big open ice hit, or the lead pass for a breakaway goal, he's trying so hard to be that gamebreaking player everyone expects him to be, that he's causing himself to make mistakes.

I'll bet we see a much better, complete player if Nick realizes he needs to do no more than play a simple game and relax and not try and be the superstar fans in Boston and around the league want him to be.

Old
12-03-2003, 06:03 PM
Magnus Fulgur

Moranimal

I'd have to agree that the Moranimal was the best D man we had tonight. Gill and OD were okay, and McGillis and Boynton were s-h-a-k-y. Jillson was invisible, but that's probably a good thing. Zinojvev played more D than Boynton tonight, but hey...I want to trade Boynts for Hamrlik so what do I know?

The Moranimal should have a fan club like the Go-Joe!s: but they should have cheesy dyed hair and wear Garanimals.

Closed Thread