HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Max Pacioretty signed for 6 years!! ($27M/$4.5M per)

Old
08-14-2012, 02:55 PM
habsfanatics

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Would be fun to see some of the reactions in this thread had the Habs signed Pacioretty to a 5.5M cap hit...I'm guessing that 1M difference would of changed the overall mood of this thread lol
Still on it eh, time to move on, no?

habsfanatics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 02:59 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanatics View Post
you forgot the most important part of his posts, the lol

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Why should I? You don't like it..don't read/reply

I'm not telling you what you should or shouldn't write

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 03:07 PM
habsfanatics

Just curious and I may be off on this, but even though Max's extension doesn't kick in for another year, does his cap hit only hit us then, or, do we need the space this year even though he's only paid his current salary for this year.

I thought I read somewhere that an extension like this would fall under the cap for the current year? Probably off base here.

Old
08-14-2012, 03:08 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
your still selling DD for dimes.....

You seen his point total this year ,and he and Pacman wasn't put together until???DECEMBER...

Martin finally clued..

He is goona get 100 pts in NHL...i know what i see..

Your the type to likely say way back Martin ST Louis is only a 40 pts man potential.

DD got something special ,open your eyes.
It has to be the most laughable post I read in a long time..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
you forgot the most important part of his posts, the lol
Nah, the most important part is right over you head...explaining why you don't seize it

Old
08-14-2012, 03:09 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Just curious and I may be off on this, but even though Max's extension doesn't kick in for another year, does his cap hit only hit us then, or, do we need the space this year even though he's only paid his current salary for this year.

I thought I read somewhere that an extension like this would fall under the cap for the current year? Probably off base here.
Only next year, has nothing to do with this year. He has a cap hit of 1.625 for this upcoming season

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 03:12 PM

Quote:

Does it matter?

Like Bergevin said during his press conference, if they need to create salary cap space, there are ways to do this. Put the calculator away man, enjoy being a fan and knowing that one of our best young players will be a Habs for the forseable future

Old
08-14-2012, 03:14 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

I think ya'll need to live your life and let Bergevin do his job.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myron Gaines View Post
I think ya'll need to live your life and let Bergevin do his job.
no kidding...remove capgeek.com from your favorites fellas.

Old
08-14-2012, 03:25 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

What a steal of a deal.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 03:30 PM

Best part about this deal is even if Pacioretty struggles a bit next year and doesn't approach this past year's numbers...no one can technically say he's overpaid

Thank God for that

Old
08-14-2012, 03:32 PM
shamrun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post

wow

shamrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 03:33 PM
Dangles McGavin
RIP Lounge

That is a steal. Your GM is a hero.

Congrats guys. Pacioretty's a sick player.

Dangles McGavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 03:35 PM
habsfanatics

Quote:
Does it matter?

Like Bergevin said during his press conference, if they need to create salary cap space, there are ways to do this. Put the calculator away man, enjoy being a fan and knowing that one of our best young players will be a Habs for the forseable future
I am curious, take your cap hit crusade somewhere else. I am tired of you telling others what they should be concerned with. It was a simple question without any panic or concern at all. Was curious more with the legalities than the cap hit.

You been doing this for months, get over it and move on.

Old
08-14-2012, 03:45 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

I dont get his confused crusade either.

Fans are allowed to comment and express interest in our cap space, and far be it for anyone to tell them they aren't allowed.

It was a good cap hit, relative to his market value, and we as fans are happy with it. It's not a hugely complicated concept.

Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 03:52 PM

Quote:
I am curious, take your cap hit crusade somewhere else. I am tired of you telling others what they should be concerned with. It was a simple question without any panic or concern at all. Was curious more with the legalities than the cap hit.

You been doing this for months, get over it and move on.
Funny how you're knocking me for telling others what they should be concerned with (even though that's not what I've done at all) yet you're sitting there telling ME what I should do... Oh the irony

Also... I know you were curious, I just tried to answer your question and give you a different perspective
And as long as cap hits get more attention than actual player evaluations... I'll always have something to say about because I find it absolutely ridiculous

If you don't like it... Don't read/reply

Old
08-14-2012, 03:53 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Plek could have been signed long term round 3.5

Josh G likley 2.75-3 million...

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 03:54 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangles McGavin View Post
That is a steal. Your GM is a hero.

Congrats guys. Pacioretty's a sick player.
Thanks mano!

That seems to be the consensus all around on HF, which is a good, albeit rare, sign.

Old
08-14-2012, 03:59 PM
habsfanatics

Quote:
Funny how you're knocking me for telling others what they should be concerned with (even though that's not what I've done at all) yet you're sitting there telling ME what I should do... Oh the irony

Also... I know you were curious, I just tried to answer your question and give you a different perspective
And as long as cap hits get more attention than actual player evaluations... I'll always have something to say about because I find it absolutely ridiculous

If you don't like it... Don't read/reply
I Asked a simple question about the cba, it had nothing to do with Max's cap hit specifically. I'd prefer if you kept your meaningless posts to yourself, unless you have an answer to the question I asked, which you didn't at all. Player evaluation cannot be done 100% accurately without consideration to his contract, it is you who continually ignores that, not anyone else. Contracts determine their ability to be moved and so on, and also contribute greatly to their trade value.

That wasn't my concern here at all though. It was the issue of the cba and whether I miss remembered or misinterpreted what I thought I read.

I enjoy understanding the cba and the business aspects of hockey and find it interesting. If you don't care about these things, that's fine, don't attempt to answer my questions without giving an answer.

Old
08-14-2012, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
I dont get his confused crusade either.

Fans are allowed to comment and express interest in our cap space, and far be it for anyone to tell them they aren't allowed.

It was a good cap hit, relative to his market value, and we as fans are happy with it. It's not a hugely complicated concept.

Look, I too was happy to hear about the salary cap hit... I just find it 'funny' how several people in this very thread and on twitter waited to hear what the cap hit was going to be, before actually being behind this deal

As though Pacioretty was gonna sign for a maximum deal... Give me a break. We've just gotten to the point where we don't even need to call players by their names anymore... Might as well refer to them by their cap hits, almost as though their salaries is all they're worth

Nothing more hilarious than watching fans stress about cap hits while owners/GM's handouts money like candy

The people in charge don't seem to overly concerned... So why you pulling your hair out?

Last edited by overlords: 08-14-2012 at 04:36 PM.
Old
08-14-2012, 04:04 PM

Quote:
I Asked a simple question about the cba, it had nothing to do with Max's cap hit specifically. I'd prefer if you kept your meaningless posts to yourself, unless you have an answer to the question I asked, which you didn't at all. Player evaluation cannot be done 100% accurately without consideration to his contract, it is you who continually ignores that, not anyone else. Contracts determine their ability to be moved and so on, and also contribute greatly to their trade value.

That wasn't my concern here at all though. It was the issue of the cba and whether I miss remembered or misinterpreted what I thought I read.

I enjoy understanding the cba and the business aspects of hockey and find it interesting. If you don't care about these things, that's fine, don't attempt to answer my questions without giving an answer.
It's great that's what you prefer... Fortunately, this is a public forum that enables people to post their opinions on hockey related matters. There is the ignore option if you choose to use it

Maybe you thought I was being facetious be my reply... But if wasn't... Granted, maybe I should of addressed your question rather repeat what you obviously don't like to read

Old
08-14-2012, 04:07 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:

Look, I too was happy to hear about the salary cap hit... I just find it 'funny' how several people in this very thread and on twitter waited to hear what the cap hit was going to be, before actually being behind this deal

As though Pacioretty was gonna sign for a maximum deal... Give me a break. We've just gotten to the point where we don't even need to call players by their names anymore... Might as well refer to them by their cap hits, almost as though their salaries is all they're worth

Nothing more hilarious than watching fans stress about cap hits while owners/GM's handouts money like candy

The people in charge don't seem to overly concerned... So why you pulling your hair out?
No one is pulling their hair out. Do yourself a favour and drop the sensationalism crap.

We are just discussing the cap hit, the term, the cap situation of our team and the resulting influence the Pacioretty contract has on our team, both off and on the ice.

Does that bug you so much that you need to go on a crusade and tell everyone to 'put their calculators away' ?

Why do you care if people are discussing a current event going on in respects to their favourite team. Fans do this, it's a very, very, very simple concept.

Although I suppose we always need someone to tell others what they should do or how they should react to news, no forum would be complete without it.

Have a good day Buzz Kilington, you seem like a real fun guy to be around! ( insert lol here)

Last edited by overlords: 08-14-2012 at 04:39 PM.
Old
08-14-2012, 04:15 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Not surprised you find it confusing... Typical sheep mentality

Maybe because we like discussing the cap? We like to maximize our returns? Some people like that, I know I do.

I never got the chance to comment on his contract, I only saw the news at 9AM and by that time the numbers had already broke. But I was elated, I didn't think it was going to happen right away but I'm very happy with the numbers handed out. There isn't very much risk attached.

One way to look at the cap hit is this. Hypothetically, let's just we have a core group of 6-7 guys on our hockey club. Let's say we hypothetically "overpaid" each of those players by a million dollars when you look at a comparables around the league. That's 6-7M that could be tied up in what would, again, against comparables add up to adding a star roster Forward/Defenseman to that core. Even if you overpaid those players by .5M that would still add up to a significant player who could make a difference.

That's why people care about cap hits. People want to see the best iced product possible. Overpaying potentially restricts your roster into adding less quality players. All the recent cup winners have solid players on their teams with mostly "market value" contract players on them, and in some cases guys with undervalued contracts because they were signed young and the team took that risk.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 04:19 PM
the

That's what I call a nice contract, it's rare when we have a good deal here in Montreal enjoy!

the is offline   Reply With Quote